• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 1,936 Views, 25 Comments

To hide from your friends among your friends - QuickType



Jack and Piper where transported to Equestria, after a year of working in a Diamond dog mine they are finally free, but not all are happy with these new creatures.

  • ...
11
 25
 1,936

Stop running

=============================Chapter 3===============================
==========================Lyra===========

Lyra was glad to be out of that conversation, the princesses asked her to do her research by observing and comparing them to already known behavior, and if it seems reasonable to approach, do so... She has been given a week to report back or the guard will capture one or both of them.

"What am I supposed to do?" She sighed to herself as she came to the opposite side of the valley then the cave the Humans were reported in. she was given a radio to report back or to call in reinforcements.

It was completely dark by the time she got to the site she was to meet Sgt.Golden

"Hello?" she whispered.

"Passphrase" a voice whispered back.

"The dark night is full of delights." She responded, she still thought the Phrase was a bit dumb sounding.

"Are you the expert?" the voice said still at a low volume

"Yes, are you Golden Eye?" lyra said putting down her saddle bag.

"Yes, Here put this on" Golden said putting a necklace around Lyra's neck

Suddenly Lyra could see everything with a blue tint but bright enough to mistake it for daytime.

"Whoa, I can see in the dark!"

"Yes, this makes it easier to observe."

Lyra smiled and set up camp, her shift was in the morning

========One week later=======

Despite a couple scares with mountain climbers discovering the cave, them bringing another manticore in followed by them hanging its skull over the mouth of the cave, It had been a pretty tame week.
While Lyra was sitting there at camp Watching the makeshift family co-existing together, it dawned on her. Humans. Don't. Have.Wings. she quickly scribbled her realization down as she watched Jack 'whose name she learned from listening' came back from hunting carrying a dead deer.

She then felt a tugging in her magic and watched as an Object appeared in front of the cave with a loud snap.
==============================Jack====================================

Jack was tired from hunting all day, he had managed to successfully track a deer and lay low bringing it home. He was just putting the crossbow away when he heard a snapping noise come from the outside of the cave.

Jack drew his sword as he exited to investigate, he looked down and saw the gray handles of the titanium blade.

"No way..."

Jack picked up the alpha beast balisong (Butterfly knife) its titanium blade dully glowing in the sun the edge flashing its sharpened edge.
Jack grew more excited as he examined the knife, it was in perfect condition, flipping it around he smiled.

He had a knife in his collection like this one back home, the flipping reminded him of fond memories as he walked back into the cave.

===============================Lyra====================================
The knife looked to be made of a strange material, items had come across dimensions before like it but no pony had any idea who they belonged to or how they worked, so they are always quickly rounded up and put into the vault beneath canterlot.

+Lyra, a disturbance was felt in your area, did something happen?+ Luna's voice came in through the radio.

Lyra radioed back and explained what happened.

+....and he seemed excited about it, mam+

+Keep watching, one doubts that knife will do much harm, although if he quickly identified it then he might be able to determine what
the items in the vault do.+

+My thoughts exactly mam..+

+I almost forgot, you need to report in, is suspect a threat?+

Lyra gave her findings to Luna

+ No Mam it doesn't seem like it, although I am worried about those hikers, they might spread some kind of rumor, about some wealth to be had for an exotic creature.+

+Keep on your guard, don't interfere unless necessary.+

+One other thing mam.+

+Yes?+

+The Golden Dogs have been pushing massive amounts of rocks out of the cave, I think they are digging.+

+And what of the changeling?+

+He seems to feed on the love of the inhabitants of the cave, they seem to be perfectly fine with this, in fact it seems to be that he is the leader of the group.+

Lyra watched as more stone was pushed out of the cave, off the cliff and down to the valley below.

+It may be that they have a limitless supply of love.+ Lyra said into the radio

+That makes them extremely valuable, if proven...I’ll have Cadence cast a scan of the mountain in a flyby. Is that all you have to report?+

+Yes Mam+

+Then, do what you think is necessary, continue to observe, Luna out+

+Lyra,out.+

Lyra then saw something that she knew was going to be a problem, Two cream coated ginger maned unicorns were pulling a cart full of nets and traps, heading up the mountain.

She heard a whistle coming from the cave.

“Look alive, we got potential threats!” Crunch yelled

Lyra continued to observe as Max and Jack stood at the ready with weapons.
===========================Jack=============================
“Look alive, we got potential threats!” Crunch yelled

Max Scooped up the crossbow and loaded a bolt.

Jack continued to flip the knife around. but put his other hand on the hilt of his sword.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Two unicorns, armed with traps. we need to make them leave before they set them.”

“Got it, stop the bad Ponies from setting traps.”

"Don't kill them, understand?"

"YES,SIR." The 'brothers' said in unison as they charged out of the cave.
===============================Lyra===============================

Lyra quickly woke Gold and explained to him what was happening.

He got up and watched as the two bipedal creatures ran down the mountain.

"Lets see what they know...." he said darkly

"But they could die!"

"They will be fine, let's watch." he said as the bipeds met their targets.
======================== Jack====================================

"Look here, Flim there is one now!" Flam said

"Why, you are right Flam!" Flim said

"Hey, back off goldie! This is our creature!"

Jack stayed quiet.

Max smiled and said "What do you plan to do with it?"

"Show it to millions... er I mean take it to a natural reserve to keep it safe..there is a second one isnt there, a mate to this one?" Flam said.

"Yes there is, why?"

"To preserve the species! they are incredibly dumb." Flim said drawing closer to Jack thinking he has the dog fooled.

"So you put clothing on this one?"

"Yes, and the other one." Flam said his horn glowing for some spell.

Jack flared his wings to stretch them a bit, before folding them back, intimidating the obvious sideshow attraction shams.

"NOW!" Flim said as Flam pulled a net from the cart and threw it.

Within a second Jack drew his sword and sliced the net into pieces before it even fell ontop of him.

Flim's horn glowed as he took the sword away.

Jack smiled, he had scammed the scammers, he flipped the balisong out quickly and sliced through Flim's horn cutting it in half, Jack smiled 'Strong metal + sharp knife= Perfection' he thought.

The half that was sliced fell to the ground with a dull thud.

Jack started to laugh at the half-unicorns widened eyes.

"Don't worry it will grow back in a month, fully functional and usable." he said to the hyperventilating Unicorn

"Oh Celestia, it talks!" Flam yelled

Film ran down the mountain ignoring what his brother had to say.

Flam ran after him pulling the cart behind him at an equally fast pace.

"And Stay Off Our Mountain!" Jack yelled at them.

"Did you really need to cut off, its horn?" Max asked as Jack picked up the horn.

"Well...no...but it got them to leave.."

"Will it really grow back?"

"Ya, thats what unicorns in the mine said....I think."
=================================Lyra================================
Lyra was freaking out.
It normally took a lot of force to break or cut a horn, but to see this happen so quickly was startling...' the knife went through like a hot knife and butter.

"Should I call this in?" Lyra asked Gold


"No, I think we should meet our neighbors"

"I still want to put the extraction teams on standby."

"Do what you want, you are the human expert."

+Code yellow, Evac and Harmony teams on standby.+ she said into the radio.

"You also called in the elements?"

"Precautions."

+What's wrong Lyra?+ Twilight's voice crackled in +Where you attacked? Are they evil?+

+Did Flim and Flam walk through town, or around it?+

+Is that why Film only has half a horn?+

+They kinda insulted the one called Jack, then..+ Lyra told what had happened.

+Whats he doing with it?+

+Nothing he is just holding it, he might keep it as a trophy, he has done that before.+

+So, he keeps a part of what he kills, as a momento?+

+Yes, and according to starswirl this is normal behavior, it shows strength amongst the group.+ Lyra said showing to Twilight that she is also a reader of starswirl.

The radio was silent for about 20 minutes after this.

+Just got a letter from Princess Celestia, she says to keep on guard and to be there when you make friendly contact.+

+well,we are waiting for you here, Lyra out+

Lyra looked over at Gold, he had fallen asleep, she could see the lean strong muscles beneath his fur he looked strong and dependable, adorable without his helmet on.

Gold woke up and turned to her "Yes?"

Lyra blushed and looked away. "Twilight is on her way with the elements, Princess Celestia wants them here for first contact.”

+Stand by for flyby + A voice Lyra recognized as Princess Cadance said.

Lyra and gold watched as The Alicorn flew by accompanied by four crystal pegasus ponies.

+This is bad, their love is infinite, if Chrysalis and her changelings find this they could raise an army so powerful it could wipe out Equestria!+

+There is a changeling living with them.+

+Who does it owe allegiance to?+

+Looks like pupa, mam+

+Then we are safe,for now, Cadance out+
===============================Jack===================================

Jack sat in his and Piper's room, Max and Mandy had been digging into the mountain to make more living space.

Piper laid on the bed sleeping in the cool temperature of the room. Jack watched her sleeping body. 'she is too adorable.' he thought before getting up.
He walked out of his room to the spring then to the front of the cave, the cool autumn air filling the room Jack looked and saw Crunch panting silver lines on his black body and Max and Mandy snuggling on top of the treasure pile.

"Whats up?" Jack asked Crunch

"Refreshing my paint."

"Why?"

“It shows whose side I am on, I am on Pupa’s side this is so that the ponies that come up here know I am friendly.”

Jack thought for a moment. “Pupa is the changeling queen other than Chrysalis?”

“Yes, she is allied with Equestria, so must I.”

“Wait, did you say ponies are coming?” Jack asked.

“Yes.”

“Why are we not hiding?”

“Because I have my paint, and this is not an army, it's a friendly approach...I would go get a bath if I were you all, you are going to want to look nice and friendly.”

Jack only having nice experiences of the ponies in the mine, grumbled. “They have not been to friendly already.”

“Play nice…” Crunch warned.

“Yes sir.” Jack said before going to clean himself.

=============================== Lyra ==================================
Lyra sat at the bottom of the mountain with gold and watched the element barriers approach.

She rolled her eyes as she saw that Twilight came with Lots of paper and quills.

“Do you really need all that?”

“Of course, How else am I going to add to Starswirl notes.”

Lyra stamped a hoof in frustration. “That is my job, you weren't picked for this job."

"I am the princesses protege I am supposed to do this."

"I am the second protege, The princesses have always had one focus on humanity after starswirl, in the hopes that the info gathered and reverse engineered artifacts would one day advance pony civilization. Besides you were told to assist in my study, not to take over..."

Twilight blinked "Two?"

"Yes, but you are not supposed to know, the only reason you do is because the creatures that ten generations of ponies have been studying are here and the princesses need all the help they can get!"

Twilight sighed and lowered her head in defeat. "Could I at least assist?"

"Sure, but just know, I don't know how they will react to you, so dont do any 'testing' they are the only living specimens we have."

Twilight's face became determined "Then lets do this the old fashioned way."

===============================Jack=====================================

After everyone was washed Crunch started laying down some rules.

"Dont make sudden movements"

"Dont be intimidating, try to act as harmless as possible."

"If they try to put you in irons, RUN and don't come back."

"Act natural,I only knew they were coming because an ally informed me of what he had heard."

"And Jack?"

"Yes?" He replied.

"Apologize, for running around and for kicking that guard."

"Why? He was trying to stop me, so they could test."

"Just do it."
"Yes, sir." Jack said understanding that it was no longer the time for running. He knew they would eventually not try to cut him open, but he did not expect them to change this soon.


"I am going to cook up some Lunch, You guys want venison?" Jack said.

The three other meat eaters in the cave nodded and expressed their agreement.

Jack went over to the rock oven and started a fire beneath it. LINK

===========================20 Min later========================

=============================Lyra=============================

The group of herbivores were slowly moving up the mountain path, as they drew near the cave They passed underneath the cliff in front of the cave, they stopped talking as they heard voices.

"Hey, Max can you take that pile of guts and push it off the cliff real fast?" They heard a male voice say (Jack)

"Sure, but what about the blood?"

"Um, Do it quickly and there will be less? Oh but leave the heart here."

"Ok."

The ponies heard a wet sound and suddenly saw intestines flying off the mountain side causing Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity to turn green for a moment.
Lyra however was amused, It was as if the universe had planed for it to happen just as they were under the ridge.

"Jack, Your plan did not work at all! I am covered in blood!"

"Fine Ill put an extra stake on for you as you clean up. Ill take care of the floor."
==========================5 Min after that=======================

As they approached the cave they could smell the cooking meat.

"Ugg, what is that dreadful smell?" Rarity

"I reckon, that is what they are cooking." Applejack.

===========================Jack==============================

Jack heard voices from outside the cave, just as the meat was done cooking.

"OY! Soups on!" he called.

The four of them grabbed their share and started to eat.

Jack however grabbed his slice and casually walked out of the cave and into the sight of the on coming ponies, pretending not to notice them he sat on the edge of the cliff and started to eat.

Taking a slow juicy bite into the meat and pretending to need to forcefully rip the meat by moving his neck swiftly to the side.

'I am so going to eat that heart in front of them, no Ill eat it in front of royalty..'

Jack smiled at the thought and chuckled to himself.

He glanced over to the side and pretended to notice them.

He flew slowly towards them eating as he went, he swallowed and said "What's up?" 'Please dont scream.'

The Purple one opened her mouth to speak but Jack spoke before her "Wait, ill tell every one you are here!" before flying over to the cave and yelling "Yo,We have Guests!"
============================Lyra=============================

Lyra watched to her amazement as the creatures she had been watching came out to greet them.

===========================Jack==============================
Jack invited the group of Ponies into the cave, they came in and sat by the fire and introduced themselves, then Crunch introduced Jack and his meat eating companions.

Things were going along great until Fluttershy noticed a certain pile of meat, furs and skulls by the treasure pile in the corner of the room and gasped in shock.

Jack had just finished his meat and noticed this and asked "What?"

"You killed a deer?" she asked in a whisper like tone.

"Ya, so?" Jack asked confused

"Do you kill all creatures you come across?" Rarity said suddenly worried for her life.
"NO! no, I marvel at the natural beauty of nature, But me and Piper are omnivores and Max and Mandy are carnivores, we must have meat to survive."

"I am more concerned about that pile of loot!" Rainbowdash said flying over to the shimmering pile of gold and gems.

Jack flew over and sternly said "No, my swag!" waving a finger in her face.

"Hi there my names pinkie pie!

"Well this is going well, but we need to get going." Twilight said pulling Pinkie away from the dogs.

"Alright, have a safe trip back!" Jack said.

"You should invite us to that ball... thing that you host in the capital every year." Piper said

"Why darling! Do you mean the grand galloping gala?" Rarity exclaimed

"Ya and we can dance and chat with your leaders, you know.. make alliances" Mandy said.

"I think you should meet them as soon as you can. just to get the major questions out of the way." Twilight said.

"So, could you come with us?" Lyra asked.

Jack sighed and looked at Crunch who nodded in approval.

"When do we go?"

"Tomorrow, but to save on time ya'll need to spend the night in ponyville" Applejack said.

Jack noticed Rainbow was still looking at the loot pile.
"Just one more thing before we go." Jack raizing his arms in the air in front of the loot pile, he spoke "Mesca, muska, Micky Mouse!"
"What are you doing?" Twilight asked.
"Placing a curse on the loot, Those who take without our premission will die before they can spend a single bit." Jack smiled as Piper began to laugh.
"Lets go." He said secretly tucking the heart into a pocket of his Jacket.

Author's Note:

Ok, Sorry for the delay, I have rewritten this chapter, 5 times or more.

OY! Dont forget to LIKE. if you dislike please state the reason in a PM or in the comments. Thankyou
copyright Disney.

Good night