• Published 30th May 2015
  • 5,403 Views, 119 Comments

Dark Secrets - SwiftShad0wWing1



Rainbow Dash isn't your ordinary pegasus. She has a secret ability that ponies thought only unicorns and alicorns could posses. Magic! Not magic like Twilight's though, Rainbow's is stronger. And dark magic.

  • ...
16
 119
 5,403

Chapter 6

The Elements of Harmony were once again walking throughout the empire trying to find clues. Or two of them were, Rainbow was trying to figure out how to lose her guard. Which was kind of hard when you were the most colorful pony within a 100 mile radius. Thinking fast she ducked into one of the few alleys and sunk into the shadows. "Miss Dash!" She heard Steel Streak call before he poked his head around the corner. He had a scowl on his face as his eyes scanned the shadows, passing right over Rainbow Dash. His horn lit up with a pale blue glow and after another quick scan of the alley he turned away, looking grim.

"Well shit, he probably traced my magic. I really gotta start hiding that. If only I could remember how..." She started to mumble to herself as she shadow-traveled to the edge of the empire. Her mind was racing with a multitude of things. Spells her father taught her, ways to convince her friends it was a false alarm, ways to tell them she was Sombra's daughter, and other things along those lines. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't even notice the hoof steps coming her way. Which is probably why she jumped a good 5 feet in the air, unfurling her wings to keep from falling as she did so, when a sharp voice spoke next to her.

"Miss Dash it is unwise to run off, or fly, with this threat right over our heads. There were traces of dark magic not ten feet away from where you disappeared! I must ask that we go back to the castle for the day," his tone suggested that he wasn't asking, but more telling her to go back. The Pegasus grumbled, but agreed seeing as she had no way to tell him there wasn't actually a threat without giving herself away. The trip back was silent and rather awkward in Rainbow's opinion. But she didn't feel like starting up conversation and neither did Steel Streak.


The others had a very uneventful day as well. The guards left them on their own, probably off to report to Shining. The girls, plus Spike, sat in Twilight's room. Said unicorn was talking about the mystery mare (of course) and she was quickly approaching lecturing egghead mode. "C'mon Twilight, nothing has happened so far, so why panic?" Spike asked, the party pony and stunt flier agreeing with him. Twilight, however, did not agree.

"Panic? Panic?! I'm not panicking! At least not yet. This is very important Spike! A unicorn who was thought dead is actually alive! And her magic is just as strong as her father's! Who, need I remind you, is King Sombra!?" She looked on the verge of hyperventilating. The baby dragon tried to calm her down while Dash opened her mouth to reply, but Pinkie beat her to it.

"Spike is right Twi, she hasn't done anything or hurt anypony yet. Plus, if she does hurt anypony Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy will be on the next train over so we can kick some evil pony butt!" Even though it wasn't much Pinkie's statement seemed to calm the purple pony down. She nodded her head and sat back down, thanking her.

"We should get some rest," she started, "I'll see you girls in the morning. Perhaps we can just walk around tomorrow and relax, as much as we can with danger around possibly every corner." Rainbow rolled her eyes at her friend but voiced her agreement before trotting out the door and down the hall to her own room. She had thought about sneaking out again, but thought against it and decided to just sleep through the night. There was always tomorrow for reminiscing.

Author's Note:

See? What did I tell ya? Started immediately on the next chapter and it's already finished! :pinkiehappy:

Not my best work, none of this is... :twilightblush: But I'm still trying! I will try to be a better author and improve my writing skills (essays are more my thing, not stuff that involves imagination like this), and my updating. Enjoy!