• Published 11th Apr 2015
  • 317 Views, 1 Comments

The Tea Party - MeowthRocket



Weeks after the E.W.R.E.C., Fluttershy invites Josh to a little party... and some uncomfortable truths are revealed when a familiar face meets up with the group.

  • ...
 1
 317

Meeting and Leaving

After an hour, the party had more or less died down. Most of the ponies had left Fluttershy's place, Meowth traveling back to Applejack's place to help finish up the paint job on her quaint little farmstead, and left Josh and Discord sitting on the front porch of the cottage and talking like they were old school friends.

"So he got you right in the groin?", Discord was asking, hiding a snicker after hearing about how Angel Bunny had given Josh a thick crack in the gonads.

"Yup... direct contact to the privates. Twilight using some sort of magic to vice-grip them did NO favors either."

"Gotta admit, THAT would have been more up my alley in trickery."

Josh just gave an uncomfortable laugh at that and Discord put his lion-paw hand onto his leg.

"You know.... There is a way I can make all the physical wounds go away..."

The human looked at the spirit of disharmony. "What do you mean?"

"Your eye, your scars, your wounds... I still have some skills from my past and with a little modification, I could fashion you a new..... well.. everything!"

Josh paused for a second before he stood up.

"Thanks just the same, Discord, but I'm at peace with my pain. I'd rather let a professional in the field take care of it, not someone with, and I mean no offense in the slightest, the capabilities to literally turn my eyes into ears of corn."

"That's a pretty corny idea.", Discord couldn't resist cracking.

"Anyways... I gotta head back to Cloudsdale.. I got some unpacking still to do."

Josh raised out his wings, letting the night wind brush back his feathers for the first time in weeks. He hadn't even DARED to take them out back in his own world, not even remotely wanting to draw attention from onlookers.

"I gotta ask though...."

"Yes?"

"You said you were a former spellbinder, a former trickster and pretty much a complete jackass...."

"Blunt as you put it...", Discord's expression soured, "Yes. Yes I was."

"Well...... What changed?"

This time Discord was the one who found himself at a slight loss for words. But within moments he had an answer.

"Simple really...."

Discord turned to the human and crossed his arms over his chest before he gave an answer.

"I never had any REASON before to change."

Josh paused and reflected for a second on what that meant before he turned and looked at Discord, his one good eye focusing intently.

"Somehow... I don't think our paths are quite done in their meeting."

Discord shook his head in agreement.

"Not in the slightest....."
------------------------------
It took all of an hour for the human to get himself unpacked and undressed, ready for bed. He knew Dash would be there soon, just finishing up a little late night star patrol, and he was looking forward to sharing their bed again, having missed her dearly... her smell, her touch, her taste...

At the same time, as he sat on the blue bedspread in thought.... he couldn't help but wonder if Discord's offer... to have his wounds sealed... if it was for real.

He'd love to have his eye back and he'd be glad to not have any trace of a limp anymore... But..... was this Discord something to be trusted.....

"Well...", he thought to himself, "For the time being, all I want to do is just lay with the pony I love... and just let whatever is to happen... happen. I told myself I was gonna change and I meant it..."

"Joshua???"

Hearing the voice of Rainbow Dash from the doorway of the bedroom, he looked up and saw his pudgy sweetheart smiling at him. Without wasting a second, she ran to him and he scooped her up in his arms, hugging the pegasus tenderly.

"Dashie... Feels good to be back."

Rainbow Dash just gave the human a kiss on his lips before a wide grin covered her face.

"Think perhaps I can borrow that outfit sometime?"

The laugh that filled the room was one of catharsis and peace and it was then Josh began to realize....

"Things will get better.... I've got all the time in the world."

Comments ( 1 )

Very nice work. Everyone is in character like always. Nice cute ending to tie it all up as well.

Login or register to comment