• Published 14th Apr 2015
  • 12,832 Views, 985 Comments

You Can't Help Who You Love - Feather Flyer



What's the use? No one wants to accept her as a new person. She tried the best she could to show the others that she's changed, but nothing's working. She can't blame them: who would believe her anyway? That is, anyone other than herself?

  • ...
59
 985
 12,832

The Humans, the Demon, and the Bat

Author's Note:

Sup! I decided to make this chapter short since I'm tired from camp. I'll make a longer one next time. The first person who can tell me why the chapter is named what it's, well, named gets a follow! So read up!

Principal Celestia stood by the curb holding out a file to a girl on a motorcycle outside of Canterlot High. She had a black Harley Davidson decorated with red and orange flames. In her hands was a matching helmet that she promptly tucked under one arm to take the file handed to her.

"After doing some thinking about your transfer, I see why you would want to go somewhere else. I was just shocked that you would decide to leave. It's a bit..unlike you. After that happened, I don't think anyone would be able to trust you...if you don't mind me saying so," the head of school said.

"I know that," Sunset said curtly and put the vanilla folder in her saddle bag.

She placed her helmet on her head and started the engine. Celestia backed away a few steps and talked to her in a louder voice to be heard.

"Sunset, show the papers to the principal there! It might be a bit of a wait but you should get a schedule when they officially enroll you there. Your transfer was out of such short notice; it usually takes a good two weeks to process your records into the school's system. Since you're arriving so quickly it may be a while."

Sunset nodded and revved up the engine once, twice, a good three times. She pushed her foot off the ground and began moving forward on her bike. Celestia called after her.

"Sunset, make sure you keep contact with those five girls! They're really great people!!"

The bike pulled out of the driveway and onto the street. Celestia sighed. Sunset may not have heard her last words over the rumble of the motorcycle. She hoped she did. Turning toward the school, the principal made her way inside, not exactly eager to get back to the constantly piling work she needed to finish.

***

"Cadence and I looked all over for you that night. I'm glad you were ok. You gave my sister-in-law quite a scare!" Twilight said.

She was really teasing more than being serious about it. Shimmer and Twilight were walking down Trotford street to Pointeville High. It was a nice day with a blue sky. Birds tweeted and flew above at ease. A slight breeze ran its fingers through Shimmer's hair and held it in the air as it flowed behind her. Twilight was back to glasses and a messy bun as if the Spring Fling makeover had never taken place. While Twilight chattered about her pursuit of the girl next to her and she herself being pursued by a gang of five girls, Shimmer stayed quiet.

After what happened that night...she didn't have much sleep and hadn't the heart to explain the situation to her former friends regarding her double that night. Not after what she found out. Shimmer looked up at the sky and sighed. All that she had done to get Sunset to apologize to them...Everything she had planned and ran through her mind that seemed so perfect: Just get her to say sorry and they'd be cool again...

"Wait...you tracked me down just so I could say a small two words and then magically you guys are buddy-buddy? You actually think that's going to happen? Man, you are naive!"

Sunset's words bounced around Shimmer's mind and repeated themselves over and over again. Sunset was right. She was being too naive about the whole thing. But never did she see it turning out like this...

"SHIMMER!!!"

The said girl was yanked back seconds before a whizzing car shot by, blaring its horn. Looking up, Shimmer saw she was about to walk into full on traffic. Next to her, Twilight feverishly cleaned her glasses. She stamped her foot and yelled," Do you want to get yourself killed?! What's with you today?!"

"I...I'm sorry...Twilight," she whispered.

A new voice chimed in.

"You should be. You would've been on tonight's news if I hadn't stopped you."

Slowly, Shimmer turned her head to see a tall girl with long braided hair and green eyes looking down at her with slight concern. Her sky blue skin and Cresent Moon shirt struck Shimmer as familiar. The tall girl's expression changed to that of recognition and her grip on Shimmer's shirt slackened.

"Hey...you're that girl I helped out at the store..."

Shimmer's cheeks burned in embarrassment.

"...Stella Luna..."

Twilight squinted at the both of them. They were just talking about dying not even a minute before and they were already moving on to something else. She crossed her arms and said," You need to be more careful. You've been kind of out of it today. Why is that?"

Her friend turned to her before looking toward the ground.

"It's nothing. I'm just...tired."

"Well, you seem to have been 'tired' for the past three days," Twilight pointed out.

Stella Luna raised an eyebrow and began to walk across the now clear street.

"What's going on, underclassman? Got the blues?"

Shimmer looked up at her and shrugged before sighing.

"I just lost two of my friends..."

Quickly, Twilight turned around in surprise. She adjusted her glasses and blinked.

"What? But I thought you and Sugar Belle and Double Diamond were ok now. At least, that's what you told me after the dance. Didn't you get your situation straightened out?"

"Yes and no. I cleared up what had happened in the Java Bean coffee shop, but then I found out that my chances of befriending them again were shot from the beginning. And it's no thanks to her," Shimmer muttered bitterly.

Stella Luna listened to them quietly as they continued their walk to Pointeville High. Whoever 'her' was, they seemed to be a pain in the butt.

"What happened?" Twilight asked, deeply interested in what was to be said next.

Before Shimmer could say a word, a loud roar sounded through the air, destroying their ear buds and their will to continue the conversation. They quickly covered their ears. A sudden zip! shot right past them and they soon realized it was a motorcycle that was exceeding the speed limit by at least twenty miles. Stella Luna frowned deeply and shook her head.

"Some daredevil's come to terrorize the streets. Wonder who that could be."

Shimmer said nothing. She had a small inkling of who that might be.