• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 5,788 Views, 188 Comments

Of Magic and Machines - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced Story] A young girl wakes up in a world she only thought was a fantasy. Only to realize that there's a lot more to it then she thinks.

  • ...
22
 188
 5,788

Log 20- Dinner and a Show (Un-edited)

Author's Note:

HEADS UP!! This chapter is marked as unedited since Max's Author, myself and a couple of others needed to do some cleaning up with the dinner conversation. In the meantime, you get what we got right now as Nicko and company are invited to a family dinner with Max Caulfield and Lance. Please enjoy and stay tuned for future updates.
-Frost

Of Magic and Machines- Dinner and a show


Ponyville (Two days later)

It had been a couple of days since Nicko had met Ichigo and Orihime and in that timeframe, his life was anything BUT easy. Despite everything sounding so calm outside, The Rune Slayer had to focus a lot of his time into teaching Moondancer how to wield Rune Magic. She had told him that she wanted to be with him the next time he was summoned by a Displaced along with him and Eris so that she could be able to meet new people and possibly learn a thing or two when it came to magic. Of course, being the optimistic person that he was, Nicko told her yes. The only catch though was that he needed to make sure that she could defend herself on her own if they were to be attacked in any way, shape or form.

Today though, Moondancer was finally able to master every spell that the Rune Slayer could teach her as of right now. The two of them, along with Eris, almost had to pull off an all nighter to get everything to work. But the results were a complete success. Moondancer was completely overjoyed and happy by the results that she didn’t even notice Nicko change into his original set of clothes before being encased in stone.

“Well well,” Eris giggled. “Going with the classic’s I see?”

“Well, after wearing my other clothes for the past few days, they smell like sweat and blood. I asked Rarity if she could wash them for me and she happily said yes.”

“I see. Hey, where’s Faith?”

“She went to go talk with Twilight about something that’s been on her mind. Anson is with Pinkie and my parents are helping Caliburn in Canterlot. So right now, we have the house to ourselves.” Nicke smiled. leaning back a little.

“Unless if a Displaced summons us-.”

“Please, don’t try to jinx anything Eris.” Moondancer told her. “I had just only completed learning my newfound powers. I don’t want to be thrown into a situation straight out the gate-.”

It was then though that a booming voice could be heard by all three of them, catching them by surprise. “Hey Nicko, Lance wants you to meet most of his family and join us for dinner. Hope you like hydra steaks!

Nicko remembered Lance, but for some reason, he couldn’t tell who was talking to him. “Not to be rude, but who is this? I remember Lance, but I don’t remember him mentioning a family last time we met.”

Oh, I’m the reason he was called away from your meeting. I had just found out I was pregnant with his child and I wanted him to know. I’ll properly introduce myself once we meet.

Nicko looked back at Moondancer and Eris for a moment before nodding his head. Eris soon faded into his body and the Unicorn soon walked over to him. “Alright. But is it okay if I bring two more guests? I’m having Eris and my student, Moondancer come with me.”

Sure! I love meeting new beings.

Another voice chimed in from the other end, “You mean messing with them.

Moondancer raised an eyebrow upon hearing that last statement. “Who’s that?”

The short of it is she’s my and Lance’s wife,” the first voice said. “So you want free food or what?

Fiancée.” The second voice corrected.

Around then was when Nicko made his decision. “Count us in.” With that, the two of them faded out of the room, leaving no trace behind.


Equestria (Home of the Prophet)

“You had to give away my plan, Seph?” Max said, giving the woman a playful glare. They were seated at the table in the dining room with the foals on one side and Max and Sephiroth on the other. Sol and Mun were on the ends, waiting patiently for the food to be brought out.

“Well I just wanted to give them a fair warning. And it won’t stop you from doing it anyways.” The tall, silver haired woman, clad in a form fitting, black coat, that was open in the front and only held together by two straps across her breasts, shrugged. “Knowing you it wouldn’t even affect the outcome if they knew beforehand.”

Just as they finished speaking, a small tear in the void opened up and two individuals landed in the room. The first, a unicorn with tan fur and a mane that resembled Twilight’s that had a half jacket on and a greatsword on her back, landed just by where Rainbow Dash was at her seat at the table. The second one was a red haired human with a black half jacket, white and black cargo pants, something that resembled belt straps around his hands and a golden disk at his waist. Where he landed though was more unexpected.

Unlike Moondancer, who softly landed next to Max, Nicko was spat out like someone had kicked him out of the room, crashing straight into the silver haired woman that Max was talking to a few moments ago. The kids might have seen it as funny at the time, but to the adults, it was something else entirely. Especially with Eris emerging from Nicko a few minutes later, smacking his face with her lion paw.

“Nicko, we’ve only been engaged for two days and now you're hitting on other women? Really?” The Draconequus groaned.

Sephiroth had her face rather forcefully tilted to the side, but despite everything she wore an unimpressed expression and sighed. “I know I told Murphy he was allowed to mess with me from now on, but I really thought he would be busy with something else for a change.”

“I am. There was a chance you would punch someone across the room and I wanted to see if it was going to happen without my intervention,” A voice said from one of the windows. “Mind if I join?”

It was then that Nicko was snapped back to reality and immediately sprung upward from his position on the floor. “Oh crap! I am really sorry, Miss-.” He turned around, realizing that he was in whatever location that Moondancer, Eris and him were summoned to. As he got up, he offered Seph a hand to help her up. “What’s your name?”

The ‘floored’ woman took his hand and let him help her up. “Name’s Sephiroth.” Looking towards Eris she added, while taking her right glove off, revealing a very beautiful ring on her finger. “And I’m engaged, too. So don’t worry. I won’t take him away from you.” Grinning slightly she added with mischief glinting in her teal eyes. “Although I don’t have full control over my succubus magic, so I’m not promising anything.”

“I’m Nicko. Nice to meet you.” The Rune Slayer introduced himself, turning to Moondancer and Eris. “This is my student Moondancer and my Fiance’ Eris.”

“Daughter of Discord and spirit of chaos.” Eris finished for him. “Don’t mind Nicky, he’s kind of clumsy at times.”

“I doubt he’s clumsy in bed,” Max muttered, just loud enough for the three arrivals to hear. A bit of embarrassment could be seen on Nicko and Eris’ face as they looked at one another.

“Actually… we never… you know… did it.” Nicko sighed. “Plus, I highly doubt this is a conversation to have at dinner no less.”

Max looked at them in thought for a moment before continuing, “I could help with that. All I ask for in payment is that you include me.”

Nicko was quite surprised to hear that at first. “Are you sure? Wouldn’t Lance be upset if-.”

“The three of us have an open relationship,” a new voice echoed as the doors opened. Nicko turned around to notice that Lance himself had entered the room. In the same attire that Nicko had seen him wear the first time they met. He entered the room with one other person who looked to be a Displaced as well, resembling Asura from Asura’s Wrath. “So I’m fine with whatever you guys are going to do. I’m going to have to go back to Maretropolis after dinner, but for the time being, I would like to relax and enjoy some time with friends and family. Ash though went back to Maretropolis to keep an eye on Aurora.”

Sephiroth shrugged when nobody took her bait and sat down at the table again next to Asura. “Actually I would like to state that I’m not really open to the idea to bed with others. But I won’t deny my lovers their fun.”

Lance smirked at that. “Maybe after dinner then. Right now, lets eat.” He soon sat down at the table and the first thing that the three newcomers notice was that a filly Rainbow Dash soon popped into his lap and nuzzled Lance’s clothes with her face.

“Is that… a filly Dashie?” Eris asked. “By my mother, that is so cute!”

Golden decided at that moment to crawl under the table and pop up next to Moondancer once she sat down, poking at the sword strapped to her side as Light pawed at Niko’s ponytail. Nicko smiled, cuddling the young filly a little as Eris took up her seat next to Max.

“I’m guessing your mother is one of the princesses?” Max asked.

“Well, where we’re from, there are only three princesses, but you are right. Discord made me to help keep him company the same year that he married Celestia. Besides that, there’s Cadence and Twilight being Princesses as well-.”

“What about Luna?” Sol asked.

“Who?”

“Once called Nightmare Moon?” Max said, gesturing to Silver Platter to bring their food.

“Actually, in our world, that story is different. You see, Celestia actually has a little brother named Artemis. But when his emotions were beginning to affect him, Celestia casted a spell where the negative emotions could take form in a body of it’s own. She was named Selena and later on, she became feared as Nightmare Moon. Now though, her spirit is part of our friend Amy and boy… she is a crazy one.”

“Wasn’t that the girl you said acted like Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate abridged?” Lance asked the red haired Displaced, helping Rainbow to not play with the silverware that was set on the table.

“Yeah, but worse. Think Twilight giving a speech, then the next moment, blood began to drip from the walls and she pretended to be stuck in it,” Nicko told them, sighing a little as he asked for a glass of water. “Her response? HEY KIDS, Wanna see a dead body!?.”

“Always a good idea to talk about something like this when there are little children present, guys. Not to mention that we are eating right now.” Sephiroth dug into what looked like a whole bison with gusto.

“Yeah. Even though I get cravings for the most bizarre things, talking about blood and dead bodies isn’t doing anything for my appetite,” Max said, taking a bite from her steak.

Nicko sighed, using his utensils to cut the cooked meat that was on his plate. “It doesn’t help that her class is a Crimson Avenger. A warrior that specializes in that kind of magic.” He began to eat his food as well, taking a bite from the meal that was on his plate before chewing in and swallowing. “Not to mention that my ENTIRE family is in my Equestria now. Yeah, they all got Displaced.”

“Well, at least you don’t have anything to go back to on earth now.”

“Right.” The Rune Slayer replied. “It’s ironic because the last Displaced I met thought that my family is… well… bizarre.”

“Oh really?” Lance replied, “Who’s that?”

“Dio Brando.”

“Never heard of the guy. What show or game is he from?” Max asked, pulling Golden away from Moondancer’s blade.

“Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure,” Lance replied. “He controls a spiritual guardian called a Stand and is a villain in the series. His Stand, The World, can momentarily stop time.”

“So? Max over there is the mistress of time. And yes that was intended.” The silver haired woman quipped before continuing to eat.

“He’s also a vampire.” Nicko mentioned. “And from when I was there, he unlocked a stand with Luna, which allowed her to use Nightmare Moon’s powers without even becoming Nightmare Moon.”

Seph stopped and tapped a finger on her chin, looking towards the ceiling in thought. “Somehow I get the impression that it isn’t the norm that Nightmare is actually the original princess of the night and a really nice fighting buddy on top of that.”

“Different people, different circumstances. Hell, I met a lot of Displaced before and after I got stuck in stone… and no, Celestia didn’t imprison me. Some jerk tried to deflect the elements of harmony to hit my brother and I acted as a human shield.” Around now was when Lance stepped in, asking a new question.

“What Displaced have you met?”

“Well, before I was stoned, I met Ryu; a Kaiser who later became my teacher and then my brother and I met Handsome Jack.”

“I met him as well, though I wish it had been under better circumstances,” Max said, giving Golden a bit of mashed potatoes, her voice lowering some in sadness. “A lot happened around then.”

“Same. After that though, I met Bryce; who was Jayce from League of Legends… Deathwing-.”

“Sun told me about him. I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to destroy his world at least once.”

“Well, actually he’s just as powerful as the Princesses. Like how Celestia represents the sun, he represents the earth that we walk on.” Nicko retorted. “After him it was Amaterasu and Chibiterasu, Maximillian Pegasus, Amy’s brother Max; who was Gremmy from Bleach, Gon, Orpheus and Thanatos from Persona 3 and Sakuya from Persona 4, Jack Frost and Blood Cleaver, Duncan and… Oh yeah, the guy who Displaced me.”

“Let me guess, The Merchant?” Max sighed and shook her head. “I’m beginning to think I’m the only one who hasn’t been Displaced by him.”

“Oh, hey. How’s he doing? Could never thank him for freeing me. Although he took his payment, so… don’t think if I should.” Sephiroth shrugged and pushed her empty plate away, patting her belly. “Pu~h. I needed that. Barbaroi’s training drains me extremely.”

Max gave her a sly grin. “Heh, more so than Lance and I can. Makes me wonder how good he is.”

The silver haired woman deadpanned at Max. “Neither you nor Lance can actually drain me anymore, you know? Succubi are empowered by sex. You can exhaust me physically, yes, but the mental and magical drain I experience in the training is completely different.” Then she shrugged, again. “Also I’m not standing in your way if you want to test him out. But you should at least wait until you aren’t pregnant.”

“You don’t need to tell me that. With how big his body is, he’ll be bigger than what you grew to.” Max gave her a half-lidded smile.

Sephiroth did a spit take. “Wait! I didn’t imagine that?!”

“Nope~! I rather enjoyed the sensation.”

Struck speechless, the taller woman just stared, a burning blush on her cheeks.

“I still tingle with excitement when I think about it.”

Coughing into her fist, Seph averted her gaze. “Well, I’m glad you- err… enjoyed it. We could do that again sometime, if you want.”

“You could join me in giving Nicko and Eris a demonstration. Maybe show them a bit of how to be a dom?”

The silver haired woman’s demeanor changed instantly, her eyes hardened and her blush died a horrible death. “No.”

“Aw... Okay.” Max looked down in disappointment. “Guess it’ll just be them and me then.” She shot Seph another grin. “But I’ll let you hear everything that happens~.”

Sephiroth crossed her arms in front of her chest and returned the grin with a glare on her own. “Max. I told you that I am not interested in any other partners in bed than Lance and you. I accept your mindset and don’t stand in the way of your fun and you pay me back by threatening to torture me, or even deliberately trying to coax my succubus magic to overwhelm me, so I go back on my own words?”

Max looked back down in shame. “No... I’ll let you sleep peacefully with the foals.”

Sighing, the taller woman relaxed her posture and leaned over to hug Max. “Don’t feel bad, okay? I exaggerated on purpose to make a point. You would never do such things and I know it. Just… please try to accept my decision, like I have yours.”

Max nodded and hugged her back, giving her a deep kiss which was instantly reciprocated.

However, they soon realized that they weren’t alone. “Um… as I was saying?”

Max jolted and broke the kiss, coughing into her fist before saying, “Anyways, I was Displaced by a moogle named Nono instead of the Merchant.”

Nicko smirked a little. “A moogle? I thought Seph would be displaced by a Moogle given the Final Fantasy look.” Soon though, Nicko used his magic to conjure an image in the palm of his hand. “This here is Glave. He’s the one who Displaced me. Keeper of the Realm of Henir, the god of Space and Time in my world.”

Seph had regained her composure and examined the image. “Nah, that’s not the Merchant.”

“Definitely not. He looks kinda dorky with only one eye, though,” Max said, letting Golden have the rest of her plate.

“Actually not, for Glave, it’s a different story. He was once human, but was punished for delving into the secrets of the creator and for that, he can no longer feel human emotion and lost his right eye.” Nicko explained. “His eye was actually taken by the void.”

“Heh, knew the Void was dangerous.”

“Yes, but he also has powerful friends.” The Rune Slayer replied as he finished his plate. “Because of him as well, I have more confidence in teaching my student Moondancer and wanting to propose to Eris.” Eris just chuckled at Nicko’s comments. Moondancer though, didn’t say anything. Something looked to be on her mind, but she personally did not want to say anything. Instead, she just got up, excused herself, and left the room. She almost looked to be upset over something, but tried to withhold her emotions.

Max stood to follow her, giving Golden to Sephiroth. When Max found her, she was at a balcony overlooking Canterlot, trying to get herself together. In fact, she was caught off guard when Max approached her from behind. “M-max? What are you doing out here-?”

“You looked like you needed someone to talk to. I won’t force you, but I will enjoy your company until you want to go back.”

“... Max… How do you tell somepony that you love them, but they’re with someone else?” She asked. “Sometimes… It’s hard for me to say my feelings. Yet, watching you with Sephiroth and Lance, you seem to know how to handle it.”

Max walked over to the railing and leaned on it, looking out over the city. “The reason it’s easy is because I take the risk head on. There’s more ways of telling your feelings than just words alone.” She looked at the unicorn with a smile. “I was afraid that they would reject me the first time, but I powered through that fear because I didn’t want to live as I had on Earth. I didn’t want to live regretting not asking.”

“Well… You see… There’s somepony I’ve met before that I have a crush on… But I’m afraid to tell them.”

“Then just march right up to them and kiss them. It’s the easiest way to show them you have feelings for them.”

“Yeah, but that’s the thing… This person… is the same one I came here with. Goddess, I sound perverted when saying this.” Moondancer sighed. “I have a crush on Nicko. When I met him and Eris for the first time and he accepted me as his student, he gave my life purpose. I wanted to ask him on a date or something, but the night I had the courage to do so was the same night that he proposed to Eris. What should I do though?”

“You could really do anything. Talk with them about how you feel, talk with Eris separately, maybe even just go over and give them both a kiss.”

“I know… There’s just one other thing that makes it hard…” Moondancer told her, trying to stretch out her back legs as far as possible. “And it was with what you mentioned earlier… about the bedroom.” She looked down again before looking back at Max. “I’ve just… entered my cycle.”

“Well that isn’t a problem, know a few spells that can prevent pregnancy.”

“Yeah but…” She sighed, looking back at Max. “Do you know of any mind reading spells. I just think it would be easier if you see it instead of me telling you.”

“How about instead of me entering your mind, I give you a spell to copy and extract those memories?” Max lit her hand and a spherical crystal formed in her palm. Moondancer didn’t know what to say, but soon thanked Max as she cast the spell. Soon, the memories were in there for Max to see.

“These are memories of my… well… fantasies.” She said, handing it to Max, “In them, I wanted to be the one that carried Nicko’s children alongside Eris. I always wished to be able to raise a Colt or Filly that I can call my own.”

Max gained a thoughtful expression, but shook her head and gave it back. “I’m not going to intrude on something like this.”

“No, I insist!” Moondancer told her, pushing it back towards her. “I want you to help me and by seeing them, you can.”

“I can already imagine what you want,” Max said as she rubbed her stomach. “But, these spells do occasionally fail.”

“F-fail?”

“The anti-pregnancy spells. You’re wanting to join in tonight and get pregnant so you can try to join them.”

“W-well, I wanted to ask them first. Before anything. It’s their decision whether or not to include me or not and I think they should take some time to make that decision.” Moondancer told her. “How about this? I can tell them in the room where this will take place. That way, you are there and you can help me explain to them what I told you.”

Max gave her another smile. “I don’t think you’ll have trouble explaining it.” Max lit her hand again and another sphere appeared in her hand. “There we go. You just need to copy this and give them each one.”

“O-okay.” She said, trying to remember what Max taught her before doing so, absorbing it in the process along with the first crystal that Max gave her. “Okay, that’s done… Where’s the room at?” She asked, both crystals in the telekinetic grip of her magic.

“Dunno yet. Have to wait until the foals go to bed.”

“Can I help put them away? Many ha- er I mean hooves make light work.” The Unicorn offered. “Plus, I think the others are waiting for you. Just tell them that I needed to take a breather if they ask where I am.”

Max nodded and turned to walk back inside. “I don’t think Lance and Seph will have trouble getting the foals to sleep.”

“Oh um… okay… Should I just wait in your… bedroom then?” Moondancer asked, squeaking a little in the process.

“No, Lance and Seph would be taking the children there. I’ll give you an illusion of where we are once we get there.” Moondancer nodded her head as she trotted back into the throne room.

Max took her time getting back to the group and managed to find them outside of her rooms. “Going to help the kids get to sleep?” Max asked Lance.

“It’s the least Seph and I could do to help you right now.” Lance told her, Rainbow crawling over his shoulder. “You have fun, okay?”

“Don’t worry, they will.” Max took Nicko’s right arm and Eris’ left, leading them away.


A long while later…

When Nicko woke up again, he found Eris and Moondancer passed out on the nearby mattress alongside Max. Unlike his fiance and the displaced that welcomed them in her home with open arms, he could not sleep. There were many thoughts bouncing through his mind as he slowly got up and put on his jacket, walking outside the room. The Rune Slayer needed to catch his breath… and clear his mind.

“You know, it’s a little rude to just leave women in bed and not at least write a note,” Max’s voice said from behind him.

“I-i’m sorry… I just need some time to think…” Nicko muttered.

“Just telling you for future reference, this was your first time after all.”

“I know…” He sighed. “Things feel like they’ve been moving too fast for me. Only a week ago, my Niece got me out of stone. Now I’m accepting Eris and Moondancer as my wives and I’m going to be a father… I’m not sure if I’m personally ready for what’s coming.”

“No one truly is. I got lucky that Rainbow clung to me because of what happened to her and she’s been a huge help with keeping Golden and Light in line.”

Nicko sighed. Turning around, he looked at Max with a deep sigh. “I don’t mean that… In my world, Glave told me something… There’s a Demon King named Ran that was the original one to drive Sombra mad and Eric crazy. Now, he’s warning me that he might be released and with it, war will come.” He grit his teeth at the last part. “I don’t want to have my son or daughter born into conflict. I want them to live peacefully… Max?” The Rune Slayer turned around to look at her fully as he then said something else. “Can I ask you something?”

“You’re wanting to ask if they could be born here, aren’t you?”

“I wasn’t going to ask that.” The Rune Slayer interjected. “I was going to ask if you and Lance could be their godparents.”

Max chuckled. “I’d love to. Just as long as Lance and I are considered your siblings.”

“You two welcomed me into your family. Now I think it’s time for you to be welcomed to mine.” Nicko smiled, a sigh of relief coming out of him as he hugged Max. “Which reminds me… I might need you to introduce you to them… and like I mentioned previously… they’re rather… unique so to say.”

Max smiled and giggled almost like a schoolgirl. “Isn’t family always? With my family, we have a ghost, a literal succubus, a demigod, several immortals, pokemon, and an Adept.”

“For me, it’s two parents that we’re sent here as demons and served as Celestia and Artemis’ bodyguards before getting stoned, my brother that can summon multiple swords at once, my friend-turned-brother with a mechanical arm, A niece who is a Machine Empress, A Draconequus, a Unicorn…… and Pinkie Pie.”

“Looks like the family just got even more diverse, than.”

“Did I happen to mention that my mother is the size of a 12 year old girl?”

Max shrugged. “Then she’s only partially as weird as me. I got de-aged and had my gender changed.”

“Just another day in the multiverse I guess-.” The Rune Slayer soon felt his token vibrate, turning around and looking back behind him. “Hey, are you one for unexpected company?”

“Depends on the company, really. I’m not going to pretend to like someone that will insult family-.” Just as Max finished saying that, two new individuals fell through a hole that was torn in the void and slid across the hallway floor.

“Those…… are my folks.” Nicko sighed, just as his father Luke was trying to get up off of the floor. The one thing that Max could notice immediately was his pointed ears, gunblades and daggers at his waist. As for Nicko’s mother, Celia was wearing a hood and short pair of clothes, but had huge demonic gauntlets that can grow to twice her size.

“Son, just where… the hell… did you bring us?”

“My universe,” Max said as she stuck out her hand to the elf-like man. “I’m Maxine, current ruler of this Equestria. Everyone just calls me Max, though.” The man took her hand, but the little girl’s attention was at Maxine’s chest.

Poking it a little with her claw. “Please don’t tell me that my son didn’t do anything to harm you now, did he?”

Max’s eyebrows raised as she stared for a moment at the girl before she laughed and shook her head. “No, in fact he was good for a virgin.” All this did though was have Celia’s eyes widen as she now looked at Max with a face of rage.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SON, YOU B****!?!” She snarled. To her, Max might have been somepony that had used her son for her own pleasure. But like a lot of people, she was quick to jump the gun.

“I helped him, Eris, and Moondancer start their love lives,” Max said in a calm voice. “I made sure they all knew that it wasn’t more to me than showing a sibling how to properly make love.”

Nicko sighed a little at his parents confusion. “You’re going to have grandkids and Max and her Fiance Lance are going to be their godparents.” The first part of the sentence had the two of them overjoyed. Almost tackling the Rune Slayer and his companion to the floor in the process.

“Don’t leave out Seph, she’s my fiance as well.”

“And Asura.” Came another voice, stepping out from the hallway was none other than Lance, who sighed at seeing Nicko’s mother and Father. “Okay, who’s the Chiliarch and the Dreadlord?”

“Wait, Asura wants to get in on the wedding? I thought he’d be saying that we should hold off a year or two,” Max said after giving Lance a kiss.

“He said that he would think on it, but I didn’t want to leave him out because of it.” The Adept replied. “Nicko? I assume you know these two?”

“Dude… They’re my parents.” Nicko deadpanned. “Max was talking to me and giving me some advice, they wanted to know where I was, so I brought them here so you could meet them.”

“Well, that’s one way of doing it.” He nodded his head, introducing himself. “I’m Lance Walker. Nicko and I met some time ago and my fiancee and I invited him, Eris, and Moondancer here for dinner.”

“I’m Luke Nocte, and this is my wife, Celia.” The Dreadlord introduced himself along with the Chiliarch. “It’s a pleasure to meet you and your Fiancee-.”

The Adept chuckled at that last part. “You’ve only met one of them. I still need to introduce Seph to you two… Maybe once she and Asura are awake.” He then looked at the The Rune Slayer and his two parents before looking back at Max. “I’m just a little curious about something though…”

“Curious?” Luke asked. “About what?”

“What you two are capable of.” Lance replied. “Do you guys fight as a Duo like the actual class in Elsword?” Both of them nodded and he smirked a little, looking back at Nicko.

“No. Not while the foals are sleeping and not in this universe. I don’t want to explain why lightning struck the castle multiple times to my Equestria and why there were shambling corpses roaming the halls,” Max said, shaking her head. “It’s bad enough everyone thinks I’d do anything - even roast an entire continent - just to keep the peace. Don’t want people thinking Equestria’s armies are made up of the undead.”

“Uh… We don’t raise the dead.” Luke pointed out. “Despite being demons, we aren’t Necromancers. We just use demonic magic.”

“Still, don’t want anyone thinking I’ve opened the gates of Tartarus and made a deal with the demons inside.”

“... You bring up a good point.”

“Anyways, It’s way past midday. Why don’t we all go get something to keep us awake?” Max motioned down the hallway.

“Sure-. Hang on, mid day?”

“Yeah, day and night are switched here. Ponies sleep during the day and work during the night because Celestia was the one to get banished instead of Luna.”

Luke and Ciela looked at each other before looking back at Max. “I guess this is a Mid-day snack then?”

“Heh, yeah. Main course was a few hours ago in bed.” Max pointed over her shoulder with her thumb to the room where Eris and Moondancer were still asleep, a grin firmly in place.

“ …… Um… can I ask you something Max?” Celia asked. “About Nicko… How was he?”

“MOM!!” The Rune Slayer shouted, a blush appearing on his face.

Max laughed, almost tripping with how unexpected the question was. “He-he was tired by the time he got to me, but he still followed through.”

“At least he had Stamina,” the Chiliarch mumbled. “And the only reason why I asked was because I haven’t done it at all since we’ve had you and Anson, plus the 1000 years we were in stone-.”

“Mom… TMI…” Nicko sighed. Out of all the things he would want to hear in the world, his parents sex life was not one of them.

Max gave Nicko a glance, an impish smirk on her face as she turned back to Celia. “If you’d like, I could possibly splurge a bit. Help you break that dry spell.”

“Maybe another time. I feel very uncomfortable trying to have fun with a woman that’s expecting a child… speaking of which, how far are you in your pregnancy?” She asked, looking back at Luke before looking back at Max and Lance.

“I’m in my seventh month and- oh!” Max’s hand shot forward and grabbed Celia’s, placing it on her stomach. She soon felt a small kick and the Chiliarch chuckled.

“He’s a kicker I see…”

Max giggled and gained a serene smile as she stroked her stomach. “Started about a day after I came back from a different multiverse. My pregnancy got jolted forward three months because of that trip.”

“Is it a boy?” Luke asked, taking a guess on if it’s a boy or a girl.

“Yes, his name’s going to be Lyall Arthas Walker. I just hope he gets his father’s hair.” Max said, causing Lance to laugh a little and for Nicko to chuckle. The Adept soon looked at Max and then everyone else, asking them a question.

“So… who wants Ice cream?”

“Not me, I just need a triple strength espresso,” Max said as she walked towards the dining room.

“I bet we can arrange that.” Lance replied, looking back at the three Nocte’s. “You guys?”

“Do you have any pie?” Nicko asked, curious to see what his options were. “Otherwise, I’ll just go get some more rest.”

“Suit yourself,” The Adept chuckled, looking back at Max. “I won’t be around long though. Tomorrow I have to get back to work and take the kids temporarily with me before working with my friends on trying to lock up criminals again.” Nicko smirked at the sound of that. At least one thing’s for sure. He didn’t have to handle fatherhood… yet.

However, the Rune Slayer soon had to focus on something else when he reopened the door. Instead of finding an asleep Eris and Moondancer, the young warrior found a white haired man with a pair of floating cubes in his left hand. Sitting in a corner where the light coming in shined on his mask. “Hello Nicko… Sorry for dropping by unannounced, but we need to talk. Now.”

“Glave, what are you doing here?” Nicko asked him, soon jumping to the first thought that came in his mind. “What did you do to Eris and Moondancer?!”

“Easy there, you shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions so quickly.” The Displacer told him. “I just sent them back to your world. They’re asleep in your room, safe and sound. However though, there’s something important we need to-.”

There’s a bright flash and Max appears near the bed saying, “Ah, so you’re the cause for the disturbance. Shoulda known it would be from a Void Dweller.”

“And you are the Displaced of this realm. It was never my intention to disturb anything.” Glave said to Max, looking at both her and Nicko.

Max waves Glave off. “I was just curious to see what had so much power and why Time had skewed a bit.”

“Glave here is the keeper of Time and Space.” Nicko told Max. “Well, in my world at least. He’s the one that watches over Henir’s Domain… and also was about to explain why he showed up and sent both Eris and Moondancer back home.”

Max glances at Nicko before giving Glaive an impish look as she said, “I think you just messed up.” All Nicko did was now look towards Max, a little confused by what she was saying.

“Care to explain Max?” The Rune slayer asked.

“He messed with your lovers without your permission. I know I would never let a Void Dweller do that to Lance or Seph.”

“It wasn’t my intention to mess with them. I returned them back because things are beginning to change,” Glave warned, looking back at Nicko before glaring at Max again. “Which is why I needed Nicko to return back. Is there something I’m missing?”

“Yes. Travel through the Void can affect pregnancies. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicko’s missing the birth of his children.”

“Yeah… I know of that, however, the only thing that has occurred is that there two month’s in on their pregnancies.” Looking back at Nicko, he soon handed him a few pieces of paper. “I’m sorry that you weren’t able to make it, but I requested these photos from your brother during their doctor’s visit.” Nicko took the images for a second, looking them over for a moment. Once he realized what he was seeing, his eyes widened. He was quite shocked to see what he was looking at. Something that caught Max’s attention rather quickly.

Max smiles and pats Nicko’s shoulder. “Congratulations! You have two sons and a daughter. I just hope you don’t get swamped in diapers.”

“T-thanks…” He said, sighing a little. “Though, I’m a little curious on something… Max, you’ve had a foal before right? How long is it until they’re born?”

“Well, when I went to Doctor Home to check on Lyall, he said that foals take six months to be born from conception. Thoug with your universe, it’s kinda hard to say if it’s true there as well.”

“Eight months.” Glave said bluntly.

“Is that just with Moondancer or is it both of them?” Nicko then asked, wanting to inquire a little more info.

“Both.” Glave replied. “However, that’s not why I’m concerned. What I’m concerned about is something else. Remember when I told you about Ran?”

“Yeah, the demon king that made Sombra go insane? What about him?” He asked.

“From the way things are looking now, he’ll be released in almost half that time or even less.” The Void Dweller told him. “Which means that when he’s out, he’ll be coming for you and your family first.”

“.... Yeah, I can already tell he’ll be dead before he can even touch Moondancer or Eris,” Max quips.

“Not exactly. Despite Nicko’s magic and strength… there is a problem. His Rune Magic is an incomplete form of magic. Not to mention that when Ran is free, his soldiers are freed alongside him… which is why Nicko is going to have to meet someone that can… help him master his power. Because I have three things in mind that he needs to do before he is ready to fight.”

Nicko looked at the displacer, confused. He was not sure what to say, but soon, Glave got to him first before he could speak.

“The first two things that he needs to be able to fully control his powers. The first one being your Rune Magic. The second one being the abilities Ryu taught you. Once you have those under your control, you on your own shouldn’t be a problem. The third one though is going to be a lot different… You need allies.”

“Allies?”

“This is an enemy that you can’t fight by yourself. But the more allies that you have, the better. Plus, Ran does not know of the Displaced, so he would not know what they would be capable of. Do I make myself clear?”

“I’ll help. Once Lyall is delivered and I have a chance to rest,” Max offered. “I could give you the Tokens of several others who’d be willing to help as well.”

“That… can be a start.” Glave replied. “Before I will go though, there is one thing that I need to let you know… Keep an eye on your niece.”

“Faith?” Nicko retorted. “Why’s that-?”

“You know how your friend Amy has Selena?” Glave told him. “Well, to put it bluntly, Faith has one too. However, many other Displaced might not be so open to hearing about who it is… Sombra.” Before Nicko or Max could say anything though, Glave disappeared with a cyan glow as he faded away into the void. Leaving the Rune Slayer partially shocked. He only knew a little bit about King Sombra. But hearing that he was with Faith set off major alarms in his head.

“Huh, well that might not be good,” Max said.

“It’s more than that. Ran is the reason why Tartarus was created in the first place. He was sealed away long ago, but his powers still lingered on and it was the reason Sombra went insane. It corrupts them internally and has the subject give in to their desires. The only reason why he’s stayed sealed for 1200 years is because three keys were used to hold him away.” Nicko then looked back at Max, a look of worry on his face. “If someone is trying to break him out, then they’re trying to take the keys that sealed him away so they can remove the seal.”

“Then I guess it would be prudent to get one of the keys and put it in a safe deposit box. All those ruins with traps in them won’t do much aside from make it easier for whomever is trying to release him.”

“Right… I guess there isn’t a point in standing around here then.” Nicko sighed. “I got work to do.”

Max smiles and holds out her hand for Nicko to shake. “It was fun meeting you, then.” Nicko smiled, shaking the outstretched hand and pulling her in for a hug.

“It was fun meeting you as well… Make sure my parents come back safely.” He said to her as she nodded her head. Shortly after, he took his blade Void Edge and cut a hole in the void before entering it and having it close behind him. Leaving Max by herself in the empty room as she turned around to join back with her husband and their guests.


End Log 20