• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 5,771 Views, 188 Comments

Of Magic and Machines - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced Story] A young girl wakes up in a world she only thought was a fantasy. Only to realize that there's a lot more to it then she thinks.

  • ...
22
 188
 5,771

Log 2- Rebirthing

Of Magic and Machines- Rebirthing


The snow continued to lightly sprinkle around the Everfree forest as Chaotic and Faith walked through the snowy woodlands. The Hybrid pony and the human girl were traveling through the forest in search of Chaotics older sister, Eris. While walking, the young chaos spirit was wanting to learn more about his new friend. So, using whatever courage he had, Chaotic asked the first question that was on his mind.

“So um… Faith? Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. What is it?” came her response.

“What’s your family like?”

The question had Faith stop walking for a minutes so she could process it inside her head. “Well… my dad is very kind and helpful. My grandma and grandpa are sort of the same and so is my Uncle Leo. I don’t have any cousins or aunts from what I can remember and I don’t have any brothers or sisters.”

“What about your mother?” Chaotic asked, only to soon realize that he might have accidently crossed a personal boundary with his question.

“My mother… passed away when I was six. She went into cardiac arrest during a routine surgery and died.”

“I-i’m sorry. I didn’t know-.”

“It’s okay, Chaotic. It’s a thing in the past. I now need to just keep moving forward-.” The conversation between the two of them was soon cut short when they heard a trio of voices and the sounds of hooves coming closer to the two of them. The hybrid pony, reacted on instinct and disappeared into a puff of smoke. Faith though, had no idea where he vanished to.

“Chaotic? Where did you go-?”

“Don’t worry. I’m inside your mind and still here with you. I just needed to hide.” Chaotic told her mentally.

“Hide? From who?”

That’s when the Code: Nemesis saw three girls that came into view. All three of them looked older than she was. The first girl wore a red bow in her hair and wore a sweater that had a sewn on patch of a red apple. The second girl looked like a unicorn and had a winter coat and lavender scarf with a diamond on it. The final one though had a small pair of wings, but wore a red crystalline pendant, had a two handed claymore, and wore a set of clothes that resembled the weapon and accessory around her neck. When all three of them saw Faith, they all looked at her with confused expressions.

“Molly? What are you doing all the way out here?”

“Who’s Molly?” The Technomancer asked. The comment had the girls now even more confused then they were before.

“You don’t know who Molly is?”

“N-not really… I haven’t met many people here and was trying to enjoy a nice walk. My name is Faith.”

“Hi there, Faith.” The first girl introduced herself. “My name is Applebloom. This is Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Enjoy your walk!” With a small cheer of passion, the three of them trotted down the path that Faith was walking on towards the town in the Distance. After a short while, Chaotic reappeared by Faith’s side and breathed a sigh of relief.

“That… was too close.”

“Why did you hide?” Faith asked.

“If anypony finds out that I’m out here, then I could get myself into some serious trouble.” The Hybrid pony told her. “Come on, let’s keep going.”

The two of them kept moving through the snowy conditions as they went deeper into the woods. They soon came across a strange tribal hut with some masks outside it and a new figure in tribal winter garments.

“Um… Hello?” Faith said, almost whisper like. She thought that the strange figure could not hear her. but that notion dispersed when the figure turned around and took off it’s hood. The first thing that she noticed was the stripes across her grey fur. It was a zebra.

“Hello to you, all the same. May I please know what is your name?” She asked in a rhyme. Faith herself wasn’t the best when it came to poetry, but she loved to come up with rhymes inside her head. Still, saying them was another thing because pronunciation could really get on her nerves at times.

“I’m Faith Nocte and this is my friend Chaotic.”

“Well, why don’t you come inside my hut and take a rest? It’s been a long time since I have had guests.”

Both hybrid pony and human looked at each other for a moment before they nodded their heads and took up the zebra on her offer. Upon entering, they found out that her name was Zecora and that she was a shaman that crafted potions and herbal remedies to cure illnesses. She gave them a cup of tea and had them enjoy the warmth by the fire that was covered by her cauldron. Zecora herself was interested by the unlikely pair. The shaman herself had a question for them.

“Well you two, dare I ask. Why do you come to the forest? What is your task?”

“We’re trying to find my sister.” The Draconequus/Pony hybrid answered cheerfully. It was an answer that the Zebra never expected. Then again, she never had many visitors besides Applebloom and her friends.

“A bold choice you have made. Perhaps, I can give you some aid.”

Before Faith or Chaotic could say anything, Zecora tossed a few herbs into the cauldrons mixture and had it churn and simmer. The mixture itself and it’s different colors soon formed pictures as the shaman briefly understood what they were. One by one, Zecora explained her findings before Faith and Chaotic left the hut.

When you reach a frozen creek,

follow it down to what you seek.

Then, when you both let your powers combine

the two of you will come across what you wish to find.


Half an hour later…

“Okay, NOW WE’RE LOST!!!”

It definitely felt like that for the two friends who were traveling based on the advice of a Kind Zebra Shaman. After thirty minutes of searching, all they found was a frozen riverbank with an old wooden bridge that was cracked and splintered. It was too damaged to cross safely and the ice looked too thin to walk across; not worth the risk.

“Chaotic, lets this positively for a second-.”

“Positively!? The bridge is busted and we’ll drown if we even try crossing it!!” Chaotic moaned in defeat, thinking that Faith for a moment sounded like his mother. “Even with my magic, I don’t think I can do it!”

Now that… made Faith a little curious. “Why’s that?”

“Like with all magic, there are limits. I still need to learn and improve with mine, despite the fact that it’s chaos magic and the rules don’t apply to it.” The Hybrid pony told the code queen. His kind of magic required three things in order for him to master it. The First was Imagination; the element that leads to creativity. The second is concentration; where you picture what you want to do or create and focus the magic needed to complete the spell. The final piece was energy; the physical stamina the body uses daily.

Chaotics father, Discord, called the sequence the “ICE” method after seeing this method used by a figure who specialized in creating objects, tools, and attacks out of snow and ice. He just decided to put his own twist on it. Instead of raining Icicles, he had it rain chocolate milk. Eris, Discords daughter, was also very talented in this field of magic and had used it numerous times when she helped several humans seven years ago.

The young Chaotic though, was a different case.

Despite the huge amount of imagination the youngster had, he lacked concentration. At times, Chaotic used up too much magic to pull off a simple spell that his father could do in a snap. He had been taking lessons with both of his parents, but nothing didn’t improve greatly. The hybrid pony even considered giving up due to the amount of times he had struggled with it.

Giving up though, was not an option right now. Especially if you were Faith right now. She wouldn’t even consider it given how far they have traveled in this weather. The Code Queen tried to remember Zecora’s Rhyme. Maybe there was something that she was overlooking.

When you reach a frozen creek, follow it down to what you seek.

She thought the words over and over, until realizing the key word in the sentence.

“I got it!”

“Got what? A plan to go across?”

“No silly,” The Cheerful girl told Chaotic. “We’re not suppose to cross the river. We’re suppose to follow along the edge! We follow the river to what we’re looking for!!” Faith explained as they soon ran along the side of the snowy riverbank. They continued to move like the wind for quite some time. During this time, Faith found out that with her costume, she could easily glide instead of run to get the fastest speed possible. Chaotic himself, just used his wings to follow alongside the Code Nemesis.

They enjoyed racing each other until they came to a wide open clearing. It was a huge circle like opening with snow covered trees, broken stones, and a statue near the back of it.

As they got closer, Faith had a strange feeling that something else was here besides the two of them. Something lurking nearby that made her feel cautious. Chaotic though, wasn’t focused on that. He was more focused on the statue. It showed a boy a little older than Faith with a half shirt, strange gloves that resembled belt straps, black pants with metal kneecaps and white baggy extensions, and grey metallic shoes with a gold medallion like object at the waist. He also had Markings on his shoulders that resembled the symbol on the Medallion. As for hair, it was simple; but had three hairbangs with the longest being on the back of his head. The boy also held a blunt sword backwards, which had the same symbol as the one on his shoulders. The last noticeable feature was the Necklace he wore. Taking everything in, the young girl thought like she had seen someone like this before.

“For some reason, I feel like my sister is in that statue…”

“But that statue is of a boy…” Faith pointed out.

“I know, but remember how I was hiding inside your mind earlier? What if Eris was inside this boy when this happened?”

The youngster brought up a very good point. Now though, Faith began to hear some slight movement. Looking at her feet, she saw the stones that were around them move behind the young girl. Turning around, she saw a creature form from the snow, stones and blowing winds. Her eyes widened at the sight and her blood felt like it was freezing. The fierce glowing eyes of the creature made her feel like she was staring at a wild beast.

Chaotic though, was too focused on the statue. “If Eris were here, I wonder what she would say-.”

“Look out!!!”

“Wow Faith, you sound a lot like her-.”

A piercing roar cut off the hybrid pony’s second sentence as Chaotic turned around and slipped onto the ground. The snow of the creature hardened into Ice as it tried to strike the pair of them, only to be blocked by Faith’s spears that came up when she put her arms out in front of her.

Chaotic though, saw something that Faith couldn’t see. “Faith, to your right!!”

Before she could react, the young girl was slammed by a frozen fist that threw her backwards and almost hit a tree. Chaotic himself tried to hide as the human tried to regain her footing.

‘How am I suppose to beat this thing?’ She asked herself as it turned towards her again. But she then heard two other voices that weren’t Chaotics.

‘Not alone, my queen.’

‘W-who said that?’ Faith rasped mentally, looking around.

‘We did, Faith. After all, you said that we give you confidence.’

That’s when things began to sink inside her brain as she realized who was talking to her in that moment in time. ‘M-moby? Remy!? Is this real?’

‘Of course, Ms. Faith. We’re here to protect you and serve your every needs. We’ve been with you since your father gave you to us. Now, summon us and we can help you protect you and your friend.’

Faith then looked at Chaotic, who was busy trying to run from the oversized monster that they were facing. Something that worked like a computer scan went off and she identified the attacker as a “Blizzard Construct” that others would refer to as a elemental golem. With a sigh, she got up and strongly stood on her feet.

‘Okay. How do I summon you two?’

‘Snap your fingers by your ears. We’ll take care of the rest.’

Listening to the advice of Moby, Faith followed the steps that the drone had told her. Moving her hands up, she snapped both of her fingers and her earrings began to glow. The light being emitted from them catching the attention of the golem that was trying to go after Chaotic. When the Hybrid pony looked at his friend again, he thought that he was looking at a different Faith. Like she had changed…

“Hey BLOCKHEAD!!” She taunted as her two new weapons, Moby and Remy, we’re now at her side and ready to fight. Faith herself, had obtained newfound confidence as the Code Nemesis readied herself for combat. “Back off from my friend or else you’re going to be in for a world of hurt!!”

The golem redirected its focus to her as it prepared to strike her again. This time though, Faith swiftly moved to the right and avoided her opponents attack, countering her with a few solid strikes of her own before getting to where Chaotic was and letting him get inside her mind.

‘You should be safe in here. Leave this to me.’

‘Aww… Can’t I help with something please??? I’ll just get bored if I don’t do something to help.’

‘How about you be a second pair of eyes and watch my blindspot for incoming attacks.’

‘I’m okay with that.’ Chaotic replied as Faith got back to focusing on her fight with the monster she was up against. It didn’t take long for the Golem to fight back, but it’s hulking size affected it’s speed. This allowed Faith to be able to gain the upper hand thanks to Chaotics help and Moby & Remy’s guidance and combat instructions. Soon, she was able to pull off her first skill that helped her obtain victory against the behemoth.

A swarm of mini-nasod drones formed around her left hand as she put it above her head and then lashed out like a whip. “EXPLOSIVE IMPACT!!”

The attack and the results of it caused the golem to explode into pieces because of the shockwave of the explosion, turning into dust. Faith, despite being a little sore and tired, was very proud of her accomplishment of defeating her first enemy as Chaotic reemerged from her body.

“Well, that was fun!” The son of Discord happily spoke as he gave Faith a High five with his lion paw. “Teamwork, for the win!!”

“Yeah, but maybe we should focus more on the statue now.” Faith said as she directed her attention to Moby and Remy, who were already scanning the statue from all sides and angles. Soon, the drones reported their findings.

“According to our analysis, the subject seems to currently be in a state of Terra-Stasis.”

“Terra-What?”

“It’s a definition that refers to when one is turned to stone.” Remy explained to the puzzled Hybrid pony to clear up any confusion. “From the texture of the rock, we can say that this person has been in this state for quite some time. Freeing him might be another task though.” Soon, both drones returned to their standby stand as earrings as Faith and Chaotic looked at each other. Trying to figure out how to break this person free. Now was when the second half of Zecora’s rhyme came into play.

Then, when you both let your powers combine

the two of you will come across what you wish to find.

“Hey, I just thought of something…” Chaotic asked.

“What is it?”

“What if you put your hand on where the boy’s heart would be?.”

“I guess that could work… Here goes nothing.”

With Chaotic hiding behind her and holding her at the waist, Faith laid a hand onto where the boy’s heart would be and closed her eyes. She felt it beating like a drum as the statue glowed a warm sky blue. A bright flash went off a few seconds later as it blinded their vision and made it hard for them to see. When the lights died down, they saw two figures lying in the snow as they just started to wake up. One of them, Chaotic could recognize right away.

“Uhh…… W-we’re alive?”

“ERIS!!!”

Without warning, Chaotic threw himself into his big sister. The hybrid pony hugged her tightly as Eris was trying to figure out what was going on. “C-chaotic!? Is that you!!? Man, you’ve grown!”

“I-i can’t believe I found you! I’ve missed you for so long!!”

The two siblings of Discord hugged each other tightly, finally reuniting after being separated from each other for a long seven years. Around though was when Eris also noticed the state of her partner, Nicko. He too… was dazed and confused. “Ugh… my head.”

“Nicko? Are you okay?”

“Eris? W-where are we?” The Rune Slayer asked, noticing the snowy trees and frozen river.

“Everfree forest.” Chaotic answered the question for him. “We found you and freed you from being in that stone statue-.”

“Wait a minute… We?”

Before Chaotic could answer Nicko’s new question, the boy say an outstretched hand from a girl that was younger than he was. Much younger. “Are you alright, Mister?”

“Y-yeah. Just… readjusting.” Nicko replied as he scratched the back of the head. He heard the girl ask what his name was around the same time that he was wearing a Code: Nemesis outfit and thought that he came to Equestria the same way he did or like any other Displaced he met like Ryu and Jack. Taking her hand and getting up from the cold ground, he then answered her question.

“My name is Nicko.”

The young girl then giggled a little after she heard the reply. For a moment, Nicko wondered why she was laughing. Was it something on his face? Something he said? Or was it just out of pure instinct. That’s when she spoke. “Heehee… you look a lot like my dad. Almost sound like him too.”

Wait, her dad? That didn’t make any sense. Matter of fact, who was this girl? “What is your name, miss?”

“My name is Faith Nocte.”

“Okay, hold on a second… My last name is Nocte.” The Rune Slayer responded. For both Faith and Nicko, this did not make any sense at all. How exactly was their last name the same? Backing up for a minute, Nicko referred back to the statement before she said her name. “You said I look a lot like your dad right?”

Faith’s reply was just a simple nod of the head, followed by a “Yes.”

“Could you care to tell me a little more about him, please?”

Faith obliged to Nicko’s question, telling him everything she knew about her dad. How he was a great father, storyteller and caretaker. But when her mother passed away, Faith began to worry for him because he wasn’t as happy as he used to be. When she wished to find a way to cheer him up, that’s when she woke up in Equestria.

“I see… Faith right?”

“Yes, Nicko?”

“Would you happen to know what your dads name is?”

“Yeah, his name is Anson.”

Those five words shook Nicko to the core. He was beyond shocked at this point and so was Eris. Last time Nicko saw him, they were both 18. Now the Rune Slayer was around 25 years old with this twelve year old girl who just told him Anson was her father. He only had one response.

“MY BROTHER IS YOUR FATHER!?!!”

Nicko’s reaction was followed by a chain reaction from the young girl, who was just as shocked as he was. “MY DAD IS YOUR BROTHER?!!!”

After the freakout between both of them, it took some time to explain everything to Faith and Chaotic from their onward and also explained how they were turned to stone in the first place. During this, Faith realized that one of her favorite stories that she was told about as a child was actually real. Heroes do exist. Her father was the Infinity Sword and Nicko was the Rune Slayer.

Both of them were the twin brothers that she admired as her childhood heroes.

But the biggest revelation of them all during this moment actually came from Eris. “Hey-correct me if I’m wrong here- but if Anson is Faith’s father and Nicko’s brother, wouldn’t that make Nicko… Faith’s Uncle?”

Faith herself was confused by the thought. “But I already have an Uncle and he knows dad.”

“Families can have more than one-...... Wait a minute, what do you mean by that?”

“I have an Uncle! His name is Leo!!”

Now Nicko felt like he just blindsided by a freaking freight train of surprises. Anson was her father and Leo was her uncle!?! This was too much shock to the system for the Rune Slayer, but he was soon told by Faith that he was adopted into the family a long time ago. Which made him have a bit of a better understanding.

“So, since we found you, what do we do now?”

“Well first off,” Eris spoke this time. “I think you two need some proper winter clothes. It’s getting quite cold out here.”

Chaotic agreed with his older sister and with a quick snap, both Faith and Nicko had a new set of clothes. Nicko’s clothes was a Red Devil Hunter outfit with a long coat and a new look to his old greatsword. As for Faith, she was wearing the dress that was commonly worn by the Code: Exotic. The two of them felt very comfortable with their new outfits and thanked Eris for them.

“Alright, what now?”

“My guess… We should go to Ponyville. It’s the closest town nearby and it’s a possibility that Twilight is at her castle.”

“Wait a second… Castle?” Nicko asked. “I thought she lived in a library.”

“The library got blown up a few years ago.”

“ ……… Okay, I’m not even going to ask how that happened. Let’s get going.” With that, Eris and Chaotic his themselves in Both Nicko and Faith as they began to make the trek back to Ponyville.


Some time later…

It was a little bit after noon and the citizens in the streets of Ponyville quite busy. Some were buying gifts for Hearts Warming while others were talking to relatives or family friend. The children were playing in the streets as well as on the outskirts of town. Not much attention was on the two humans when they first entered Ponyville. In fact, nopony could notice or recognize them, which was kind of a good thing since Nicko wanted to surprise Twilight and that can’t be accomplished if somepony recognized you. It’s another reason why the new shirt under his coat had a turtle neck and he was thankful for it.

As they turned around another corner, both Nocte’s could see the crystalline structure that was the castle of friendship. It towered over Ponyville and almost resembled a tree. But nevertheless, it still looked beautiful on the outside. There were no guards outside since most of them patrolled the area in patterns. No one was at the door. Maybe Twilight hired a bouncer or had Spike be the door dragon like the assistant that he normally was last time he was awake.

Nicko soon knocked on the door, expecting a purple dragon to open it. But what he got was truly… unexpected.

“Hello there, sir. You wouldn’t happen to be a door to door salesman, would you? Because I have one thing to say to-.”

“Y-yuri? Is that you?”

The Foxgirl that held a spear at the door soon recognized the red haired teen after a few minutes. “Holy Sh*t, Nicko!!” Her hands soon lashed out in a big hug that made him think that Yuri had taken some pointers from Pinkie Pie. “Y-you’re alive!!”

“Indeed I am.”

“Who’s she, Uncle Nicko?”

The comment from Faith caused Yuri’s ears to twitch a little as she looked at her. “Is it just me or did I her this girl call you Uncle?”

“You’re not the only one who’s found that out. Maybe we should talk about it more once we’re inside.”

“Good idea.” The Maid replied as she welcomed them in, allowing them to hang their weapons on the weapon rack and also hand up their coats. Despite the kind gesture, Nicko kept his coat on because it made him feel like a badass and just kept his new sword it it’s respected sheath. “So what’s this I’m hearing about you being an Uncle?”

“I suppose that Anson went back home.”

“Yeah, he did so a week after your accident. Not like Amy. In fact, any incidents regarding her now have a specific code name from Celestia.”

“Oh really? What’s that?”

“Control F-U.”

“Yuri! Not around kids!!” Nicko stammered. He rather not have his niece asking what that phrase meant and then repeating it all over Ponyville. As they came into what appeared to be a living room, the two of them could hear another voice.

“Yuri? Are you bringing in guests that I’m not aware about-.”

Nicko turned around, only to have his jaw drop at what he saw. It was Spike. But he was a LOT taller than he was before. Like the dragon had hit a massive growth spurt. “Spike? Oh my god, you’ve grown!!”

“Is that… Nicko?” Spike asked. Yuri nodded her head, causing the dragon to grin a little. “Well now, you’re still…… short.”

“Why you little-!!”

“Hold on a second. Who’s the girl behind you?” The Dragon asked. Yuri personally sighed as she looked at all three of them.

“Why don’t you all take a seat. I’m sure we have some explaining to do.”

At this point, Eris and Chaotic decided to emerge from both Nicko and Faith to join “Second Mother” Yuri and Spike. Faith began the talk, saying about how she ended up in Ponyville and also about her family. Yuri herself was quite surprised to hear that Anson was her dad, Leo was one of her Uncles besides Nicko and that Luke and Ciela were now grandma and grandpa. She honestly never thought that someone around Ciela’s age and height would have the stamina to be able to keep up with Faith, but her retelling of the two of them playing in the snow made her rethink that twice.

“That’s quite a story, Faith. I’m sure Nicko has told you his?”

Nicko nodded his head. “Yeah. But I have a question. What happened to the old library?”

Both Yuri and Spike looked at each other before looking about them. Nicko, Faith and the two Chaos Siblings looked to see a chandelier that resembled the roots of a tree. Glowing with lights that represented each of the Mane six.

“A few years ago, A centaur by the name of Lord Tirek broke out of his cell in Tartarus Prison and began to siphon the magic from all living things in Equestria. After capturing Twilight’s friends, the Centaur attempted to attack the Princess pre-emptively and destroy her home. I was with Jade at the time it happened and when the three of us clashed with him, Jade got sent flying to who knows where while Twilight and I were barely able to hold on our own. Tirek has now been beaten and is back in his prison, but Jade…… she still hasn’t come back home yet. I’m just…… worried about her.”

Nicko had no idea about that. He always saw Yuri as relaxed and composed. But this was different. A lot different. “When did this happen?”

“Seven years ago… Three weeks after the fight against Eric.”

Now this had Nicko thinking of something. How exactly was Anson older than him? Was their some kind of difference in time? “Faith? How old is your dad?”

“Let’s see… about 39.”

“What the buck!? Are you serious?!”

“Spike, Language!”

“Sorry, Yuri.”

“Yeah, it said 39 the last time Uncle Leo and I made his Birthday cake.”

Now things were beginning to click inside Nicko’s head. He should be about 25, and if Anson was 39… Given that they were the same age when they were encased in stone…

“Oh my god… Yuri… I just found out something.”

“What’s that?”

“Time flows differently between my home and here. One year here is three years there. That’s how come my brother and I are different in age!”

Hearing this though, now had Faith worried. If what her Uncle said was true, then what if she wasn’t back home in time when the holidays came around? She would miss Christmas with her father and miss on the chance that she would get to make him feel happy again. “Yuri, could there be a way for me to go home?”

“I’m not sure. It’s possible. But it might take some time.”

“How long?”

“About a few weeks-.”

“We need that sooner.” Nicko interjected. “What date is today?”

“December 16th?”

“And Faith, what date is it back home?”

“December 1st?”

Nicko took a moment to process this, before coming to a conclusion. “Yuri, whatever that solution is. We need it in Eight days.”

Both the Sakra Devanam and the Dragon looked at him in shock. “Eight days? Are you crazy!? Why eight?”

“Because at the end of those eight days, Earth and Equis will be on the date of December 24th, or as I would call Christmas Eve. Faith wants to be home in time for Christmas for Anson and I’m going to make sure that happens.”

Now realizing this, Yuri was intrigued by the Rune Slayer’s plans. “I see your point. Maybe I can have Molly help-.”

“Uh, Yuri. I hate to burst your bubble, but Molly is with Amy and Jane in Manehattan in Hayzil.”


Hayzil

SUNBUTT WANTS A HUG!!!


“Oh yeah… Right. Well, I guess we’ll have to make due till they return. They’ll probably be back after tomorrow.”

“What about Twilight and the girls?”

“Left for Canterlot this morning to help Celestia with arrangements for Hearts Warming. They’ll be back tomorrow, but for right now, you should rest. You’re probably tired after being outside for the past few hours.”

The Sakra Devanam brought up a very good point. Nicko was still partially weak from first waking up and Faith was probably exhausted as well. Taking up Yuri on her suggestion, Spike helped cook some lunch for the two of them while Yuri got some rooms set up for them since they might be staying a while. Chaotic decided to go back home so he didn’t make Celestia and Discord worry about his Safety; but Eris decided to stay with Nicko. That way, they could surprise Twilight and the others tomorrow.

Inside the Room that was set up for him, Nicko took some time to rest his achy bones. But in doing so, came across something that surprised him. It was a small chest like box that looked like something you would keep a diary in. But when Nicko opened it, he found something that surprised him. The small chest was filled with various Items. A Marble looking stone that looked like a cat’s eye, colored purple and blue; A mark of a Dragon with Bold fiery eyes and a metal face, and numerous other items.

“Well, it seems like you found the box.”

Nicko looked up to see Yuri by the door to his room. The Rune Slayer set the box down and looked back at the Sakra Devanam. “What exactly are these?”

“Spike remembered your brother saying that you liked any items you would consider as unique, so he took any spare items that either he or the Cutie Mark Crusaders have found and placed it in a box. Almost like a time capsule for when you come back.”

“Well, I’m quite surprised by what’s in here.” The Rune Slayer began to speak. “But I wonder something… Did you remember at all if Amy told you something about being a Displaced?”

“Yeah, she told me about it after we met a girl called Kat who could shift gravity.”

“Well, numerous Displaced have different tokens that are used to summon them. Something tells me that these might me more than just simple trinkets.”

To an extent, Nicko was right. He was unaware that due to his time in stone and his mastery in Rune Magic, the boy could now feel the magic of other beings. Almost like a sixth sense. Not only that, but he could use magic as a source of energy to restore the body. Almost like Natsu in Fairy Tail whenever he ate fire.

“Well, I’ll leave you to figuring it out on your own time.” Yuri told him as she left the room. “I’ll call you later when Dinner is ready.”

Nicko himself nodded. Remembering that he still had his bag on him, Nicko took out the hard cover journal that he had that contained Starswirl’s notes on his powers. Now though, was when he noticed that half of the book… was now empty. Like more pages were added on to it without him knowing.

‘Well, that’s new.’ Eris told him mentally inside his mind. Nicko just chuckled.

‘Well, this is technically ours now. So, why not use it as a log to record our adventures?’

‘That sounds like a great idea, Nicky.’ Eris told him. She soon used her Chaos magic to bring out a pen as he began to write what came to mind.

Log 1- Today has been a day of ups and downs. Last time I was awake and alive, I remember myself being a human shield to protect my brother. Now, I found myself freed by a girl who turns out to be my brothers daughter. I’ve only been in stone for seven freaking years and I now find out that I have a niece?! Talk about a reality check. Anyways, I hope I can figure out a way for the two of us to find a way to travel between home and Equis in order to see my family again. But I also want to find out more about the Displaced as well. See some new faces and reunite with people I’ve already seen before like Ryu. I hope I can get to all of these soon.

-Nicko Nocte, The Rune Slayer

The Rune Slayer closed the book and then put it back in his bag as he returned his attention towards the box of trinkets. One of them, caught his eye as he picked it up. It looked like a frozen teardrop. One of a goddess. Curious, he looked at it from all angles. Wondering how it worked. Possibly like how Anson did it with the snowflake of Jack Frost? Maybe.

“Well, I got some time to kill. So why not?”

With that, he channeled some magic into the teardrop, creating a portal that looked like a doorway. Eris stood next to him as they looked at the door and then at each other.

“You ready, Nicky?”

“As always.”

With that, Eris returned to Nicko’s body and ran through the gateway that closed behind him. Not knowing what to expect at all.


End Log 2

Author's Note:

The return of a hero in stone and the start of a new journey on a new frontier. May the story begin.

^-new Look