• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 5,785 Views, 188 Comments

Of Magic and Machines - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced Story] A young girl wakes up in a world she only thought was a fantasy. Only to realize that there's a lot more to it then she thinks.

  • ...
22
 188
 5,785

Log 14- Back to School Shenanigans

Author's Note:

First time I have a chapter just focused on Nicko and the gang. Oh and a lot of old faces are going to reappear. Have fun reading
-Frost

Took a shot at using the Speech idea from the Season 5 finale animatic that was shown off at Comic Con. Don't kill me.

Of Magic and Machines- Back to School Shenanigans


Castle of Friendship

As soon as Anson stepped back into the world that he was familiar with, he was bombarded by friends and ponies that he knew from his previous adventures. Pinkie Pie was super excited to see him again, but he wasn’t quite up for fun and games once he was told about the events of the last couple of days. Especially with Twilight and Trixie needing his help in order to figure out how to complete the spell that was requested by Nicko for them to return home. Faith herself was in her room for a little bit while Nicko returned shortly after being called upon by another Displaced.

“Welcome back Nicko,” His brother greeted him as he walked into the main hall. “For a minute, I thought you were caught up in some spatial traffic.”

“Nah, another Displaced needed to see me, so I lent just a few minutes of my time.” He explained, now noticing the two mares behind him… and them almost yelling their heads off at one another, agreeing and disagreeing over a steady course of action. “What happened to Twi and Trixie?”

“They’ve been acting like a bunch of headless chickens for the past half an hour. Trying to solve some kink in the spell that you requested.” Anson explained. “Twilight wanted to do a spell based on you creating doorways with tokens of the Displaced while Trixie thought that might be too much of a risk. Since then, they’ve been at each other and now, I feel like I’m having a Migraine because of them.” Around that moment was when Faith came out, a little confused by the ongoing rhetoric that was happening.

And by the sudden entrance of Princess Celestia. Who used a Teleportation spell to enter the room. And Twilight or Trixie never noticed her at all.

“P-princess-!?”

“Greetings everypony.” Celestia spoke. “I heard the new about Anson’s return and just had to come see for myself.” She then looked at the two mares that were arguing with one another and then looked back at the two brothers.

“Is everything alright?” She asked.

“You can say so… however, it seems like both Twilight and Trixie had hit a fork in the road with their planning. They can’t seem to agree on how to move forward with the spell that they’re working on.”

“I see… Hmm, I have an Idea if you think it could help them?” Celestia offered. “Anson could stay behind and help the two of them with the spell that they are working on while Nicko and Faith could go visit my school in Canterlot. Maybe you two can learn some new skills from the books in the library-.”

“Wait… You have a school?” Nicko asked. This was honestly the first time he had heard of it at all. Especially coming from a figure such as Celestia. From the sounds of it, it seemed like a special academy. Almost like Xavier’s school for Gifted Youngsters in the X-men franchise, where young mutants attended the school so they can learn about their powers and later on, fight alongside the X-men.

“Why of course… Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns.”

‘Okay, I have a feeling that Stan Lee is going to sue somebody.’ Nicko told himself as he thought the idea through.

“Which of course, we banned Amy from ever stepping foot on the campus again after what happened the last time she was here?”

“Was it because of the dead body joke she pulled?”

“H-how-?”

“Molly told me.” Nicko answered the Alicorn’s question. “She told me that during a ceremonial speech that Twilight was giving, Amy used her powers to make it look like she was stuck inside a wall and proceeded to say “Hey kids! Wanna see a dead body!?!” while a few moments later, she was on the run and saying, and I quote, Buck the Police. She then proceeded to tip almost every painting in the halls of your castle and make them all crooked.”

“Why yes… And Dear Stars, was that hallway an excruciating headache to walk through. Just as much as a headache as it was for when my brother slept with that gravity queen displa-.”

“Woah woah woah! Hey Princess,” Anson interjected, pointing at Faith. “Can we tone it down a little? I rather now have her be asking me any weird questions later today.”

“Noted.” She sighed, handing a small emblem to Nicko and Faith. “This emblem will take you to the gates of the school and also serves as verification for getting past the guards. We’ve had to increase security there the past few years because of the incidents that have occurred involving Amy and her family. Including one that almost took out half of Canterlot and Half of Ponyville.”

“Woah, seriously?” The Rune Slayer responded. “What caused that to happen?”

“I rather not go into details… I would just say that it involved… Family matters.” She told him. Just then, Amy was rushing out the door, chasing one of the fillies that a few moments have attempted to try and steal muffins that she was baking for Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo back at their home.

“GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE TWERP!!!”

“Yeah…… I honestly don’t see how Amy could lead to half the destruction of two cities.”

“It wasn’t her that caused most of the destruction believe it or not. It was somepony else. But I’ll have to save that story for another time. Right now, Some ponies are expecting you back at the academy. Don’t cause any major trouble while you’re there.”

“We won’t, princess!” Faith saluted Celestia happily, causing the Princess to chuckle. The two emblems whisked away both the Rune Slayer and the Code Queen in a bright flash of light, leaving Anson with Celestia and the two unicorns that were arguing like a married couple.

“Hey, Celestia, can I ask you something?”

“Yes?”

“Who was this somepony else that you mentioned?” Anson said. The Princess sighed as the two of them walked to where Twilight and Trixie were. She could still remember the haunting tone that the monster Amy was put up against had said on that day. No matter how many times she and others had tried to slay the monster.

Born on a Monday. Christened on Tuesday. Married on Wednesday. Took ill on Thursday. Worse on Friday. Died on Saturday. Buried on a Sunday.


Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns

The guards standing in front of the School of the Sun Alicorn had seen many things over the years that they had been working at the private school. However, this one was just the strangest. After a guard shift, a bright surge of yellow light was seen in front of the main gates, putting the guards on alert.

“Call the captain!” One of them shouted while another ran off with a quick salute. A few of them took up arms as the light faded away, revealing two figures. One of them was a male and was in a Dark red overcoat while another was a female in a strange black set of clothes with a White Mane. Both of them looked confused and a little tense as the guards by the gate were in front of them, pointing their swords and spears. “Who are you?”

“Easy there,” Nicko tried to sway to them. “My name is Nicko and this is my niece, Faith.”

“And what business do the two of you have here at the School?” The Officer asked, reaching a hand for his blade handle. Nicko presented the tokens that Celestia had given him and Faith, but despite this, the Officer assumed that the tokens were forged and that the two of them were lying. He was about to give an order to arrest the two of them, until one other voice intervened.

“That’s enough, Valor Helm.”

The voice was one that Nicko had not heard of in a long time. In fact, he didn’t think that he would have the chance to see him again. The small blockade of Soldiers dispersed into a row of knights that stood at the attention of the Commander that was now in front of them. He looked at the Earth Pony and saw his hand near his weapon. “That is no way to treat a guest here at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Especially when this one is a friend of mine.”

“My a-apologies, Commander!!”

He sighed, looking at the stallion. “You will be dealt with later. Right now though, I want you and everypony else to return back to their posts right now.” Afterwards, the Earth Pony looked at Nico and extended a hand towards him. The Rune Slayer extended his arm, shaking the outstretched mechanical limb.

Nicko smiled, grinning a little. “It’s good to see you again, Caliburn.”

“Indeed, my friend. You have changed quite a bit since I last saw you,” Caliburn now noticed Faith as she stood alongside the human. “Pardon me, but who is the girl next to you?”

“She’s my Niece. Faith, this is Caliburn. He’s a friend of mine from a long time ago.”

“Nice to meet you!”

“Nice to meet you as well, Lady Faith. You are very lucky to have Nicko here as your uncle.” Caliburn replied. The Earth Pony aimed to be respectful as the two of them walked towards the entrance to the school and past the statues at the front of the campus. “So, my friends, how have you been?”

“We’ve been doing… well to say the least. But I feel like I need to improve upon the spells and magic that I already know. Given that, Celestia recommended me to come here and spend some time in the library to see if I could possibly find something that can help me with what exactly I’m looking for.” Nicko told him. Now Eris herself came out of Nicko’s body to join the three of them and with her entrance came a surprised reaction from Caliburn. He had dealt with taking care of Draconequus before since he had helped Celestia and Discord raise Chaotic, but he wasn’t really aware of what Eris was able to do. He thought the two were similar, but soon found out that it was exactly the opposite once she took form.

“Hey Nicko. You look kind of warm in that Jacket. You want me to help you change into your normal clothes.”

“Sure I guess. It’s only temporary right?” The Rune Slayer asked. She nodded, adding on the statement of “playing it by year” as she snapped her talon and Nicko’s clothes change back to the ones that he originally came to Equestria in.

“Nothing but the hits.” Eris giggled. She personally like both sets of Nicko’s clothes, but prefered his original one more. Mostly because it allowed him to move around easier and because she liked the sword that came along with it. “So Caliburn, how have you been? Is Nobleheart still here? I haven’t seen him around lately.”

“After Tirek escaped from Tartarus, Cadence decided to step up security in the Crystal Empire and offered Nobleheart a spot as a general. He accepted the position and had me be the commanding officer of the Canterlot Division.” The Earth Pony explained as they went through a set of wooden doors that were trimmed with golden outlines. “Now, the library should be at the end of the hall and to the right. You should be fine as long as you don’t disturb any of the ponies that are studying in there. Also, the whole Library is soundproof so nothing from outside will disturb you.”

“Thanks Caliburn,” The Rune Slayer told him as he turned towards his Niece. “ Faith, take some time to explore for a little while. If you have any questions, I believe Caliburn can help you with anything that’s on your mind. I should be done in a couple of hours, so come find me outside when I’m done.”

“Okay! Thanks Uncle!” Faith smiled as she went to go explore around the many floors of the school. The Rune Slayer smiled as Eris faded away into his body as he entered the room. Caliburn himself sighed a little, soon realizing a mistake that he made.

He forgot to tell Nicko that some of the students at the academy ‘idolize’ him.


Meanwhile…

“So Lyra, you never did told me the story on how your friend Amy got herself banned from Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. So far I asked some of the ponies here, but they kept on changing the subject every time, why is that?”

The Unicorn named Lyra sighed. “Personally, you would not want to know. Ever had that moment where you want to just yell ‘BUCK YOU!’ at the guards and do stuff just to get underneath somepony’s skin?”

“Surprisingly yes, but what did she do to get her into that much trouble?”

“Remember when Twilight was here after amending her friendship with Moondancer to give a ceremonial speech?” Lyra asked. “I know that you were on Vacation during the time, but I’m personally glad that you didn’t see it. Amy used her powers to make herself look like a dead body in the wall of the main lobby and then shouted ‘Hey Kids, Wanna see a dead body!?’, which caused everypony in the room to scream like a bunch of school filly’s.”

“Seriously? How bad was it when she did that?”

“She made it look like Blood was seeping from the walls. Afterwards, she messed up every painting in the hallway while being chased by the guard and yelling, and excuse my prench; no offense...... ‘Buck the Police!!’. After that, her sister and mother had to watch over her for three weeks of house arrest and then was banned shortly after.”

“That would explain the poster of ponies that are banned from the school. That and seeing some of the ponies cleaning some of the blood from off the walls in certain places when I came back from Neighpon.” During this moment though, Minuette happened to notice a new figure that looked nothing like a pony and more like a human. It had long white hair and was leaning against a tree. She was personally surprised to see her earrings turn into a personal set of drones that pulled up interactive screens like when Molly was modifying her Dynamo’s one time when Lyra introduced the Mastermind to Minuette.

“Hey Lyra?”

“Hmm? What’s up?”

“Is that your friend Molly?” She asked, pointing out the white haired girl by the tree which caught Lyra’s attention. This, in turn, had the Mint Unicorn walk over with her friend to the girl and her two drones.

“Whoa!! Since when did you get an upgrade Molly?”

The girl looked up, raising an eyebrow. “Hunh? I’m sorry, but who are you?”

“Molly, it’s me. Minuette, remember?”

The girl tilted her head. Soon, she realized the misunderstanding. “Oh, I apologize. I’m not Molly. My name is Faith Nocte. Molly is still in Ponyville with her sister. These two are my drones; Moby and Remy.”

“Oh sorry. It’s just that you almost looked like her a bit, but now when I look at you, you are a little bit smaller than Molly and much nicer than she is…… at times.”

“Right. If you told that to my Dad, he might get a little angry.” Faith chuckled a little. Meanwhile, Moby completed a test he was running. “Sarcasm self test complete.”

“Oh good, that’s back online.” Remy sighed.

“So tell me, Ms. Faith… who is you father?”

“Anson Nocte.” She replied calmly, but firmly. The reply got a a bit of a shock from Lyra.

“W-Wait a minute, you’re Anson’s daughter?” The Unicorn asked. Faith’s only reply was a simple nod of the head, causing Lyra to be even more surprised. “I-Is he here in Ponyville?”

“Yeah, she’s helping Twilight back at her castle while I’m here with my Uncle.”

“And your uncle is?”

“Which one? I have two.” Faith told her.

“Name them please.”

“Nicko and Leo.”

“Okay…… wait a bucking minute-.”

“Lyra, language,” Minuette whispered. “She’s a minor.”

“Oh please, like she or any other filly haven’t heard a curse word or two. Not to mention after what Amy did last month. I’m pretty sure all the fillies and colts in town are saying stuff like that behind their parents back.”

“Right… anyways, as you were saying?”

“What was I saying? ……Oh right! So you’re Nicko’s niece?” Once again, Faith nodded her head. “Then you heard about what happen to him right? He got turn to stone seven years ago.”

“Actually, I saw him enter the library five minutes ago.” Faith told Lyra, who now used the Spears on her back to sit down like a personal chair.

“What do you mean you saw him five minutes ago? He can’t be moving around because he’s a stone statue-.”

“I freed him three days ago. My friend Chaotic and I were able to free him and Eris when we came across the statue and since then, he and I had quite a few adventures together. There was Nelly, Chibi and Ammy, Orpheus and Dinky-.” Her saying this caused Lyra’s face to become one of shock. Like what happens when a filly asked their parents where do foals come from.

“...........”

“Umm… Are you okay?”

“Don’t mind Lyra… She’s… Processing.” Minuette told her. “Hey, why don’t we introduce Faith to Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine? I think that they would like to meet her and see what she could do.”

“What about Moondancer?”

“Last I heard, she was studying for an exam she has in one of her classes at the library. We can introduce Faith to her later when she doesn’t have her head stuck in a book.”

“Ugh, that mare is always studying. But then again, she is Molly’s friend after she gave her one of her Dynamo’s to study it. So I guess that kinda makes sense on why she would be studying.” Lyra groaned a little. Faith herself had dismissed Moby and Remy, having Minuette and Lyra lead the way to the rest of her friends. She also began to wonder how her Uncle was doing in his research in the Library.


Library of the Gifted

Stacks upon stacks of books cluttered her small table as the mare named Moondancer was trying to concentrate. She had a major test involving advanced magical history coming up and was trying to make sure she could fit as many facts into her little brain as possible. The subject she was studying was focused on the feats of Grand Magus Starswirl the Bearded and his apprentice; Clover the Clever. Both of them were known for numerous feats and Moondancer was inspired by the fact that Starswirl was able to control a powerful magic that was currently said to be lost to modern ponykind.

“Chapter 23: The Endeavours of Runic Sorcery,” She muttered to herself silently. “Over the time that Starswirl the Bearded was alive, one feat surpassed all of his other achievements. The creation of Rune magic and the Runic language that is most commonly known to be used in multiple forms of spellbooks. It combined the elements mostly seen in Nature along with the energy used in magic to form powerful runes which could be used for multiple purposes. However, it has been said that this magic is now all but lost and that nopony else could be able to read Starswirl’s old journal and decipher his notes…… Wait… That’s it!?”

Moondancer was caught off guard by the sudden end to the short chapter. In the book she was reading, mostly all the chapters consisted to be around five to ten pages in length. However, this one was only two; which she considered as a major disappointment considering the fact that this was the only book out of almost everything in the library where it included information on the subject. Using her levitation, she carried her books to the front desk where the librarian was.

“Ms. ink? I would like to return these?”

“Why thank you Moondancer,” The mare replied. “Did you happen to find everything that you were looking for?”

“Almost…” Moondancer sighed. “The chapter on Runic Sorcery was too short and didn’t provide enough information for me to study on.”

“Really? Did you see the books that Starswirl the Bearded wrote himself?”

“Yeah, but most unicorns can’t read even half of the content that’s inside. If only he made it simpler.”

“Well, I don’t think he is having a problem with reading it.”

This caused Moondancer to raise an eyebrow as she looked at the librarian again. “Wait… He?”

“The red headed boy over there.” The mare pointed out to the unicorn as she turned around. Her eyes widened upon seeing the individual. She had only heard of one being that matched the description of this one. Red hair, black and white clothes, runes on his shoulders, bracers and his sword. No way… this can’t be happening.

She was looking at Nicko Nocte, the Rune Slayer. The warrior from seven years ago that sacrificed himself to protect his brother during the rampage on Ponyville. But… this was theoretically impossible! How could he be right there even though he was supposedly sealed away? Was… the seal somehow broken? Because he was sitting right there in the flesh!! So, after about five minutes in thought, she decided to muster up the courage to go over and sit down by him.


“Hmm… this is quite interesting.” Nicko said to himself as he flipped through the pages of one of Starswirl’s old books. “It seems like I can combine my runes with other spells to create my own skills. In addition, judging from this, it seems like I can combine two skills that are equal in strength to create something totally new.” Using an ink bottle and quill that Eris had provided for him, Nicko began to take notes on his observations and record them so he could have them for future reference. The Rune Slayer wanted to make sure he had a place for them to be written down since his memory wasn’t quite “up to par” because of his Autism and how it affected his way of processing and remembering information.

But one thing broke him from his concentration as he heard another voice that was different from Eris’. “Umm… Excuse me sir?”

Nicko looked up, only to see a Unicorn mare that almost reminded him of Twilight. “Yes?”

“Is this seat taken?” She asked, pointing to the chair in front of him.

“No, by all means. Go ahead.”

“Thank you kindly,” The Unicorn smiled, sitting down and then focusing her attention on… him? “I’m sorry for bothering you again, but would you happen to be Nicko Nocte? The Rune Slayer?”

Nicko nodded his head. “Indeed, I am.” He watched as the mare’s face light up in glee as she looked back at him. Yep, just like Twilight when she met her the first time. Just without the feeling of her wanting to have him undergo numerous tests on him. “I’m going to take a guess that you’re a fan?”

“More or less. A lot of ponies are inspired by your bravery and talents, Mr. Nocte. There’s even a fan club of you on campus.”

‘Great, I’m back after seven years and now I feel like there's a cult that preaches me as their lord and savior.’ The Rune Slayer thought to himself before sighing and composing his thoughts. “I’m surprised to hear about that. I didn’t expect my choice to protect my brother to lead to this.”

“Your actions can inspire a lot of people. Including me actually. I’m honored to meet somepony like you in person.”

“Why thank you, Miss……”

“Moondancer. My name is Moondancer.”

“Moondancer. That’s a nice name you have.” Nicko complimented. “Oh, excuse me for a moment, my friend needs to introduce herself as well.” Before Moondancer could even ask, Eris was out of Nicko’s body and sitting next to him.

“Hello, names Eris. Daughter of Discord.”

“Um… Hi?” Moondancer replied in a shy tone.

“I like her, Nicko. She’s reminds me of Twilight.” Eris giggled, making Moondancer blush a little as Nicko chuckled. He placed a cap on the ink veil he was using and cleaned his quill before giving them to Eris.

“So, Moondancer, what are you doing in a place like this?” Eris asked Moondancer out of curiosity so both her and Nicko could know her a little bit more.

“Oh, I’m a student here. I want to become an Elemental mage once I finish my classes here on campus.” Moondancer replied. “I might not be the student of a Princess like Twilight, but at least I can be able to use my magic for helping other ponies in need.”

“That’s a very good goal. You actually kind of remind me of my niece because of your optimism, Moondancer.” The Rune Slayer told her. Moondancer blinked a little, before straightening up her glasses and looking back as him.

“I’m sorry if I sound rude, but you have a niece?”

“Yes I do. She was actually the one who broke me free of my stone imprisonment.” He told the mare, whose eyes widened upon hearing that. “Her name is Faith and she’s actually here with me. However, she decided to take the time to explore the rest of the campus because I thought that she might get bored if I had her wait in a library all day long.”

“Heh, that’s a good point.” The unicorn replied. The three of them continued to talk for a little while on the accomplishments that Nicko had done and also the magic that Moondancer was capable of. During the talk though, The Rune Slayer noticed a few things. One being that she had focused on Elemental spells of Fire, Ice, Wind and Lightning. The same elements that an Elemental Master, A mage based class in Elsword, could control at will. Was it possible that unknowingly… Moondancer had become that class? He needed to investigate a little more on the subject.

“Hey Moondancer?”

“Yes Nicko?”

“Would you like me to get you something like coffee or tea?” Nicko offered politely, watching Moondancer look at her with a confident smile. She only had one reply for him.

“ …… I would like that.”


Back to Faith…

Since she had met Lyra and Minuette (Or as some ponies know as Colgate), Faith herself was soon given a small, but simple grand tour of the entire school with them finishing up inside the huge grand hall that reminded her of when her dad showed her Harry Potter for the first time. The entire school kept on reminding her of Hogwarts and not because it was a school for Wizardry. It was mostly because all the attendees that were there besides guest speakers and guards were magic wielders of some sort. There were classes such as Spells 101, Potion making for fillies, and Elemental Mastery just to name a few. Now though, she was with the Two Unicorns, who had approached another small group of them in the back of a huge room.

“So what do you think of the place so far Faith?”

“It’s quite… amazing.” Faith replied, since she had a lack of words to describe her feelings.

“I take it that you’re kind of bored or not impress by the school?”

“N-no… I just… I honestly just don’t know how to explain how I’m feeling.” Faith retorted. “I think the proper saying is ‘At a loss for words’.”

“Really? I figure you would have something to say about it, then again not everypony would have the right words after taking a tour of the school.” Minuette told her. “Still though Faith, Lyra and I still need to introduce you to our classmates and friends.”

“Let’s just hope they don’t freak out like the last time I introduced them to certain red head human.” Lyra sighed.

“That was because the ‘introduction’ was her bursting through the door and saying WHAT’S UP, B*TCHES!!! as loud as she could. Faculty had to pay for the door she busted and the property damage she caused.” Minuette sighed. Faith was going to say something, but that was when Lyra cut her off unintentionally.

“To be fair I didn’t think she would do something like…..but then again, this is Amy we’re talking about so I guess I’ll take the blame for that one.”

“Lyra! Minuette!! What a wonderful surprise…” One of the other unicorns said, before noticing Faith. “Umm… Lyra? Who’s this?”

“One of our teachers from today’s class we’re having.”

“Wait wha-?” Faith reacted, not knowing what Lyra was even trying to do.

“She looks too young to be a teacher… Come to think of it, she reminds me of that ‘Molly’ girl that was with Moondancer a couple of times.” The Unicorn named Sparkler replied. Casting a brief spell, she looked at the Mint colored Mare with a look of disappointment “You’re lying, aren’t you?”

“She’s not Molly, Sparkler. This is Faith. She’s the daughter of Anson and Nicko’s niece.”

“Wait… are you talking about that one boy that was in stone?” Another Unicorn responded. This one being named Twinkleshine, who was sitting next to her friend Lemon Hearts. “How the hay does that make any sense?”

“Don’t ask me, ask the look a like human of Molly next to me if you wanna know.”

“Hey!” Faith giggled, playfully pushing Lyra.

“What? Well you do look like her, only she’s a little bit taller than you and much smarter than you…...no offense or anything.”

Both of Faith’s drones glared at her for a moment because of the comment. “None taken.”

“What? I’m just saying that’s all.”

“Lyra. I think you better not say anything else, or you’ll end up like Prince Blueblood did when he called Molly stupid behind her back.” Minuette reminded her. “Or the time he insulted her mother and then chased her throughout Canterlot Castle with that contraption of hers that she called Apocalypse.”

“And not to mention when she told her mom about that……..I can still hear the screams of a girly colt still echoing through the halls of Canterlot.”

“Umm… Lyra?” Faith interjected. “I think we got a little distracted by this conversation. You still haven’t introduced your friends yet.”

“Oh right. Sparkler meet Faith, Faith meet Sparkler.” Lyra said gesturing to both her friend and human.

“Nice to meet you, Sparkler.” The Code Queen replied, extending a hand for Sparkler to shake.

“Nice to meet you too, Faith.” The Unicorn shook her hand, smiling a little. “You want to see what we’re working on girls?” This surprised Lyra and Minuette. They didn’t know that Sparkler was working on a side project of any kind.

“What’s that?” Asked Lyra.

“We’re working on a special thawing process where you can summon creatures that are encased inside special Ice sculptures like this one.” Sparkler showed the three of them, using her levitation spell to lift the object she was referring to.

“You think that’ll work? Not that I doubt you can thaw out something out of ice, but have you tested it?”

“We’ve performed small scale tests already. Now, we’re going to try full scale.” The Unicorn replied before turning to her colleague. “Lemon Hearts, prepare the burner.”

“Right away!” She gleefully spoke, preparing the contraption along with Twinkleshine. As they watched the process, Faith heard something from a friend of hers. But one that only she could hear.

‘Something is wrong...’

‘What’s wrong, Sombra?’

‘There's a crack in the figurine. Something tells me that this is going to get out of control. Stay on your guard.’

“That’s what you said when you ask me to be a test subject for your last science project. And thanks to that, my tongue turns blue every time I eat ice cream.” Minuette told Sparkler, who dismissed the comments in order for her team to make sure that all the safety preparations and everything else for the experiment was in order. “Hey! Don’t ignore me!”

“I’m not. I’m just busy with something else.”

“Again, that’s what you said the last time.”

“I’m sorry for your tongue, but I really don’t want to mess this up.”

“........Fine, I’ll be quiet so you can focus on your project.”

“Thank you,” Sparkler said, redirecting her focus. “Now… it seems as if almost everything is in order. Now we just need to place the figurine in there and boot up the machine so we can begin the full scale test.” Using her hands, she flipped a series of switches on the machine and placed the figurine in there.

“On the count of three…… One…… Two…… THREE-!”

“Question Sparkler?”

“Yes, Lyra?” The pony asked.

“Where did you find this giant block of ice?”

“Under the Castle. Why do you ask?”

“........Please tell me that when you found it, it didn’t have a writing on it.”

“Yeah, but it was blurred and nopony could read it.”

Lyra’s eyes widened… This was bad. “Faith, I need you to get Amy and Rainbow Dash and bring them here asap.”

“Why? What’s-?”

CRAACK!!!

“No time just get them here NOW!!!”

Before she could go anywhere, a few desks went flying to the back of the room, demolishing the door. As the smoke cleared, a new figure was in the room and it smelled like a corpse as it said a few words.

“ … Born on a monday… Christened on a tuesday… Married on a wednesday… Took ill on thursday… got worse on friday… Died on a saturday… Buried on a sunday… Is this the end for Solomon Grundy.”

“Nice going Sparkler! You just brought back Equestria’s greatest villain/monster of all time!”

“How was I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN?” Sparkler shouted. “This didn’t come with a warning label attached!”

“Whatever!” Lyra’s horn started to glow as she fired a magical beam of magic at the Grundy. “Faith, go get Amy and Rainbow Dash here now!” The magic did nothing to stall the behemoth as it charged towards Lyra. However, what surprised her was when Faith stepped in between them, using her spears to fight back.

“No. Go find Uncle Nicko, he should be in the library. I can deal with this.”

“Are you crazy? You never dealt with something like him, and no offense or anything but Nicko isn’t-.”

“Shut up.” The single statement caught Lyra off guard. “No one dares insult my family and gets away with it. I’ve dealt with more stuff in the past three days than whatever you had to deal with in your WHOLE LIFE!! I’m not a little girl anymore!” Faith’s mechanics were not forming around her, preparing for what was to come as Lyra looked at the girl one more time.

“I’m your friend… and this one’s Nemesis.”

“Yeah but-.”

“No buts, Lyra. All I’m asking for is ten minutes. Now go, before this guy goes after you.”

“...... Fine.” With that, Lyra lead the other girls out of the room and proceeded to lock the door from the outside as the Code Nemesis stared down her new opponent, anger in her eyes.

“You think a little girl like you can hurt Grundy? Grundy will smash you till your dead!”

“I like to see you try.” She taunted. Thanks to her recent encounters, one of the things that Faith had focused on was her speed. Despite this Grundy being big in size and possibly was powerful in strength, it lacked the quickness and agility that she had.

“That just like that fool Gleaming Shield said when she fought against me. It didn’t turn out so well when I sent her broken body to some puny unicorns crystal castle-.”

“ASSAULT SPEAR- JUDGEMENT!!”

“Assault wha-? OWWW!!!” Grundy said as he saw a spear sticking out of his chest. “Forgot that even though I can’t die, I can still feel pain!!”

“This is only the beginning. I’m not letting you hurt anypony here, Mundy.”

“........ I’m gonna enjoy making you scream.” Grundy took a few steps back, then began to charge at Faith like a charging bull. The Code Nemesis grinned, using her spears to pull herself out of the way of the incoming beast and prepared her next skill. Iron Scraps. An explosion of shrapnel that hurt just as much as her assault spear a few seconds ago. “Gonna take more than just that if you're trying to stop me!!”

“I’m not stopping you…” Faith said with a devilish like grin. “I’m stalling you. There’s a difference.”

“Like Celestia could help. I beat her and her brother along with the god of chaos to a living pulp. What can-?” Then, a bright flash came from the door as a blast sent the overgrown giant to the wall on the other side of the room.

“Watch what the HELL you say, freak!?!”

“Uncle!! Eris!!!”

“Great more pest for me to kill, and another puny chaos god for me to slam my fist into again.”

“The only fist that’s going to get slammed into anything is mine in your face as it hits the floor.” Nicko told him as Eris faded into his body. “You okay, Faith?”

“Never better actually,” The girl replied with a smile. “I haven’t had this much fun in a long time.”

“How sick. Watching you two almost makes me want to throw up.”

“You know… You act a lot like someone we know.” Nicko said, straightening himself as he adopted a proper fighting crouch. “But hell, you are a lot worse than Amy and she’s not here right now-.” Before he could finish that statement, Grundy threw a ball chain past Nicko’s head, hitting the wall behind him.

“So you're the boy that Molly had data on when I came to this rat hole of a world called Equestria. I have to say, I’m not impressed... boy.”

“Define which boy,” Nicko said, letting his magic course around him. “I’m a lot more magic focused than my brother and let me warn you… I can be a bit… unpredictable… at times.”

“More predictable seeing how you been in stone for the past seven years. Compare to Amy, you’re nothing more than a practice dummy I use to punch in my spare time.”

“Really? Well, you have no idea who taught me how to fight… In fact… How do you know I’m actually here right now?”

“You really think a little runt like you can kill me-?” Before Solomon Grundy was able to comprehend what was about to happen, the ball and chain he had on him froze in place as the boy in front of him turned into an Ice Rune. The real him was right behind Grundy as he used his Splash Explosion skill in order to make Grundy cringe in pain.

“Never… call me little… you dead overgrown maggot.” Nicko rasped. “I know you can’t die. But it doesn’t mean we can’t dish out as much pain as possible.”

“Why you little-!”

Before Nicko could react, Grundy was back on his feet with a huge slam into the ground. This caused Nicko and Faith to retreat backwards a little to avoid getting caught in the shockwave that followed. Nicko had an explosive rune by his feet, which exploded and created a large cloud of smoke. From outside the room, Nicko could hear Lyra shouting to him.

“Nicko!! Did you kill the Colossal Monster!?”

“Oh totally…” Nicko rolled his eyes. “Can’t you see his huge dead body?”

“ …… Are you being sarcastic-?”

“OF COURSE I’M BEING SARCASTIC!!!”

“Oh…...well how’s it going so far?”

Nicko looked back at the giant as soon as the smoke faded. “Have a look for yourself.”

“Hey I remember you!” Grundy yelled, as he pointed a finger at Lyra. “You’re the one that froze me in that block of ice seven years ago!””

Nicko had something click in his mind then… ‘Wait… seven years… Did this happen after I was in stone?’ Looking back at Lyra, he gave an expression that same ‘You have some MAJOR explaining to do’.

“Um…..would it help if I say that I was sorry?” Grundy only reply was him cracking his knuckles. “Yeah didn’t think so.” Lyra looked over at Nicko and gave an innocent look. “Nicko, buddy of mine, um…… best friend. You wouldn’t let that mean monster pound you friend into dust would you?”

Around now though, Faith began to hear something. Something familiar. “Mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine MINE MINE MINE!!” That was when Amy broke through the wall and slammed her foot in Grundy’s face.

“Mine.”

“Glad you came to join us. I thought Celestia banned you though.” Nicko asked her as the dust began to settle.

“Yeah like she could banned me from school after kicking her flank two years ago.” Amy then turn her attention at Grundy as a crimson aura surrounded herself. “Hello father, didn’t think you would be out from prison anytime soon.”

“You can blame Sparkler for that.” Moby said. “She tried performing an Ice Burner experiment earlier only for this guy to come out.”

“Nice going yeah nerd. You see this why I don’t go into the science area, bad stuff always happens and I have to clean it up as always.” Amy proceeded to walk towards Grundy. “Now why don’t you all stay back and watch the show. I still have some….unfinished business with daddy.”

Nicko nodded, however, Faith refused. “I’m not going to run until I make him pay for trying to harm Lyra and my friends.”

“Kid I been training for the past seven years, and know how to deal with him so if you don’t mind I-” Before she could finish, Grundy slammed his fist into Amy. He was hoping it would send her flying, but it only made her stagger back a bit. “......excuse me for a second.” Amy fired a crimson color energy blast at Grundy causing him to be launched into the school’s hallway. “What was I saying again?”

When she turned around, she saw that Faith was gone and that she was by herself in the empty room. “DAMMIT SUNBUTT!!!” Then, she heard a loud clash in the hallway as Faith and Grundy squared off against one another. She used her spears to strike the beast while Grundy tried to use his ball and chain. But at one point, when one of Grundy’s attacks actually struck Minuette and nearly struck her uncle, Faith snapped.

“Oh you’ve done it now…” Faith cringed. “Prepare for a world of hurt.” A space pocket began to tear behind her as Nasod Soldiers began to drop in and ready themselves.

“LUNATIC SCUD!!!”

Multiple explosions rocked the room as Faith gave everything she got, trying to make Grundy scream in pain. When the spectacle was over, Amy stared at her, bewildered. But also looked to see the tired Grundy trying to get up. Surprisingly though, someone jumped in front of him. It was someone Faith had seen before. Arma, the gun for hire.

“Don’t mind me… I just need to take my leave with this big fellow.” He sighed. Amy dashed towards him in a rage, but with a swift flick of a Cobo Express Ticket, the Deadly Chaser and Grundy both disappeared.

“Son of a-.” Amy pulled out a cellphone from her pocket as a small hologram of her friend, Amelia appeared on it. “Hey Amelia! Care to explain why your gun for hire just took my father to…..wherever the hell he went?”

“I didn’t ask for him to take anyone… Wait… are you saying that he took who I think he took?

“Yeah he did.”

“Whoa whoa whoa, Just what the hell is going on?” Nicko asked as he fell backwards onto the ground, exhausted.

“So you’re the one that got stoned by my little brother Eric…… I thought you would be a bit taller than before, but then again you been in stone for the past seven years so that’s understandable-.”

“Watch your tone, and what the hell is this about Eric?” The Rune Slayer shot back for a moment. “Wait… are you his sister?”

A flash of light engulfed the room as Amelia appeared right behind the Rune Slayer. “What do you think child?”

Nicko jumped back to his feet. “Well, that’s a thing… I guess some explanations are in order.”

“No need, I’m reading your timeline right now.” Right now, both Faith and Nicko were beyond confused. But one thing was for sure… Things were WAY different in this world than there were before.


End Log 14