• Published 9th Apr 2015
  • 951 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria girls: the big city - HeartDarling3137



After seeing an opportunity to see her childhood best friend, Discord, Fluttershy convinces her friends to go to a University tour in Maretropolis. But things go in a different direction when they meet Junior Professor Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
1
 14
 951

We're on our way

“Yes! There is more data on the school.”

Junior Professor Twilight Sparkle has been working on this experiment for months. Ever since the big explosion on her visit to Canterlot and the unusual rainbow shaping, she has been tailing Canterlot High to see if there are other symptoms. Recently, there was more surges of unusual power. She was able to record it and put on the board in her lab in the garage in her home.

“No doubt about it, Spike. There is definitely something strange going on in that school.” She heard her dog barking in agreement. “But in order for me to prove my research are in fact accurate, I must try to find proof of this. But how, how am I going to get in the school without being noticed?”

“Twilight!” Her mother shook a phone. “You have a call. It’s head master Damon Mirror.”

“Thanks mom.” Twilight took the phone and put it to her ear. “Yes sir?”

“Ah Twilight Sparkle, how is your research?”

“I’m almost to a conclusion. But I need to find a way to get in the school.”

“That’s why I called you. You know how there are college head masters heading for the school to inspire seniors to go to their college. And with you know who working on an experiment and can’t make it, I would really love you to come the school to be the inspirer of the desk. So what do you say Twilight?”

“Not only will I inspire students to go to the school, but I’ll be able to finish my months of work. Count me in sir.”

“Great, I’ll meet you at the school.”

Twilight hung up the phone and got to her research. “Yes! My work will be complete and soon I won’t be number two in the school. I will be number one and I will have respect.”


“Attention all seniors, the colleges from all over the country are in the gym ready for you. Please sign out of your classes and head for the gym.”

Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer all met up at the trophy case.
Pinkie Pie began to jump up and down as they made their way to the gym. “Oh I’m so nervous-cited! I can’t believe we’re finally gonna check out colleges.”

Rarity began to tear up. “It seems like yesterday we were all at the freshman fair and now pretty soon we all will be graduating. What will happen to us after that? Are we all going our separate ways when we head for college?”

Sunset Shimmer gave Rarity a handkerchief for her to blow her nose. “Don’t worry girls, it’s just like Princess Twilight Sparkle says, just because we aren’t there all the time doesn’t mean we are all not connected. We are the best of friends and we will stick together by heart.”

“Wow Sunset Shimmer, you have gotten more into friendship than ever before that you are starting to show wisdom.” Fluttershy began to hug her in congrats. The rest of the girls started to join in.

The girls didn’t notice, but a certain teenager was listening to them behind a plant. Twilight had a wig, put thick make-up on her skin, and big glasses so that way no one would ever know that she is really researching. The moment they said her name, the moment she got suspicious. She hurried into the gym and stood next to a man with dark blue skin, light blue hair along with a goatee beard, and the black university uniform with white vertical stripes.

“Sir, I think I found something.”

He looks up to her. “Really, what did you find?”

“Six girls know my name, but I never seen them before.” The man rolls his eyes. “Also they called me princess.”

“Hmm? That means that they know something we don’t. Let see them up close before we go into anything serious.”

“Yes sir.” As the seniors went from desk to desk, Twilight focus on the six subjects.

Pinkie Pie headed for the desk of LPU (Las Pegasus University) she is signing up for a Public Relations degree to be the best party planner in Canterlot. Rarity headed for the desk of MHU (Manehattan University) she is signing up for a Fashion Designers degree so that way she can have a license in Fashion Design. Rainbow Dash had already been accepted in an International Soccer team that will be in the FIFA World Cup in a few years. Applejack headed for the desk of AU (Appleloosa University) she is signing up for a Farm Management degree to earn the deed to Sweet Apple Anchors. Sunset Shimmer headed for the desk MTU (Maretropolis University) she is signing up for electronics. She might not have magic anymore, but at least she could work on things to change the world. Fluttershy was about to head for to sign up at CCC (Canterlot Community College) for a veterinary technician degree, until she saw the desk of MTU. She walks over and begin to look around. She saw a familiar face on the board and gasped.

“Hello, young lady, what degree are you looking for?”

“Oh it’s not that. It’s just that you have a familiar face on your board.” Twilight instantly hid behind her clip board.

“Really, who?” Fluttershy points to a picture on the board. “Oh you mean Discord.” Twilight sighs in relief. “My number one student in MTU. His first invention is what got into the university. It was a…”

“Cotton Candy cloud that rains chocolate milk, represent the fun we had at the fair.”

Damon looks closely at Fluttershy. “Oh so that’s where I remember you from. You were that middle school student that ditched class just to see him in the science fair that day. Fluttershy, I believe.” She nods. “Every invention that Discord ever made at MTU was dedicated to you.”

“Really?”

“He really misses you and wishes to see you again.”

“I really want to see him again too but my family can’t afford to get a room to stay.”

Damon pushes a piece of paper to Fluttershy. “How about you sign for the walk through on Spring Break? You’ll not only see the school and opportunities, but you will be guided by our star student, Discord.”

Fluttershy looks at the sign up paper then looks at her friends. “Um do you have any information about this trip?”
Damon gave her a pamphlet. “Thanks I’ll be right back.” Fluttershy ran to her friends. “Hey girls, I have an idea of what we should do on spring break.” She gives Rainbow Dash the pamphlet.

“‘Maretropolis University is offering a free spring break walk through. Learn what you will be doing and study of what you can do to the future of the world.’ I don’t know Fluttershy. I already got accepted into the Wonder Bolts soccer team. I’m gonna bring the FIFA World Cup to our country.”

“Maretropolis is a great city, but they don’t have any fashion degrees. I’m sorry dear.”

“Appleloosa University is the only school that offers the degree that I’m looking for.”

Pinkie Pie was thinking for a second. “I don’t know Fluttershy. I mean a trip to the city sounds good, but if only a few of us are going, I don’t think I should go.”

Sunset Shimmer pats Fluttershy on the shoulder. “I know I’m going. I want to learn more about the school.”

Fluttershy smiles. “Thank you Sunset Shimmer. Please girls. I know this isn’t what you want, but this a big opportunity.”

Rainbow Dash had a confused look on his face. “An opportunity for what?”

“To apologize.” Fluttershy got out her phone and showed them a picture of her with a young boy with dark grey hair, light grey skin, and eyes of yellow and red. “You remember him. You should. You girls all made fun of us in middle school. Minus you Sunset Shimmer. I always contacted him since he was accepted into Maretropolis University. The only thing I never told him is that I had made friends with the girls that picked on us back in middle school. I didn’t know how to tell him. You girls have to fix what you caused.”

The 4 girls gathered in the circle. Fluttershy was nervous for a while so Sunset Shimmer comforts. The girls stopped talking and look at Fluttershy.

Rarity was the first to talk. “The band talked it over and… we all agreed to go with you two to Maretropolis to apologize to Discord.”

Fluttershy smiled with glee and hugged her friends. “Oh thank you girls. I’m sure you all will just love him if you get to know him.”

They all headed for the desk of MTU to sign up of the spring break walk through.

“Yippee! We’re going to The Big City!” Pinkie Pie hugged the girls, including Sunset Shimmer.

They didn’t know, but behind them, Twilight and had a smug on her faces. ‘Yes, a step closer to my experiment.’

Author's Note:

My first equestria girls story. I hope to see big things with this story. oh and one more thing, things might not make sense with Discord along the story, but what fun is there of making sense.:ajsmug:

Hope you all enjoyed the story. I know I'm not the best writer. I think you should know that I'm autistic and that I don't understand most of the great stories in fanfiction or fimfiction. If I made any BIG mistakes in my stories please tell me so I can fix it. But any of them that are to little to see, I don't mind. Also for those who are a big fan of Hotel Disharmony, I decided to write a prequel before I do anything else. I can feel a lot of confusion in my story so I think a prequel will actually explain everything.

HeartDarling3137 (aka Discord&Fluttershy) out