• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 358 Views, 4 Comments

Zecora's Big Book of Zebra Legends - swicked



A series of short poems on zebra mythology.

  • ...
0
 4
 358

The Cloud Lords

A storm can be quite scary, that's certainly the norm. And so you should be wary lest you're swept up like a worm.
But let me tell a secret about their squalling ways, it is because of Agra that they cry through all these days.
For once the clouds were mighty, proud and strong and grim, they lorded over zebra, enslaved us to their whim.
For even just a spec of rain or sun, there was a price. So zebra toiled day and night in endless sacrifice.

But Agra, he was clever, and knew just what to do, so our father called upon them, and gave them all they're due.
He spoke words of such horror 'bout their kin, their ways, their home. Words so clever and profane none could say but him alone.
The clouds tried to be mighty, to be proud and strong and grim, and lord over this zebra and enslave him to their whim
But Agra would not quiet, his offenses would not cease, and their proud faces would darken and then tremble as they creased.
Screaming that he quiet, one cried and threw a spear, but through all of its bawling, not a single one land near.
And Agra, he was laughing as the rest through tear-struck fits, and made off to his people as they cried themselves to bits.

No more did zebra sacrifice to get the sun or rain. Instead the clouds gave everything, those words still causing pain.
Now Agra may have left us but the clouds never forgot. Even now they still recall him, even now still get distraught
So when you see them rumble, when they scream and throw their spears, know that they cry for Agra, the mouth of all their fears!