• Published 7th Apr 2015
  • 5,350 Views, 397 Comments

The Games We are Forced to Play - Kablam Pony



Connor lived a normal life when a mishap occurs from one of Twilight's projects and she ends up in his back yard. Now being forced to flee the cops back to Twilight's dimension, Connor must make a new life and stop a plot of world domination.

  • ...
26
 397
 5,350

6: Missing One Blue Pony

Twilight

Twilight was scared. All she could see was a wall of lights and shouting in front of her. The lights were blinding and she couldn't see anything past them. However, Connor's friend, Micheal had pushed his way to the front of whatever was behind those lights and began shouting with Connor. When they finished talking, some one from behind the lights had shouted, “STAY WHERE YOU ARE!”. The wall of lights were slowly inching closer to Twilight. She looked for any kind of escape, but there were none. Connor and Twilight were boxed in by the fence and the only exits were behind the blinding light wall. Twilight was pulled out of her mental dilemma when Connor spoke to her in a low voice.

“Twilight, do you trust me?”

“What?!” The odd question confused her as it seemed to have no context to their current problem.

“Do you trust me?”

“I- I guess? What are yo-”

“Okay on the count of three, just follow my lead.” Connor looked like he was planning something dangerous and Twilight did not feel like pushing their limits at the moment.

“Wait, Connor! I don’t think we should anything right now!” She said in a hushed voice.

“1...”

“What ever you're planning, I don’t think it's a good idea! Look how many there are!”

“2...”

Twilight was starting to panic now with Connor's impending count down coming to an end. “Connor, no! don’t do it!”

“3!”

Connor's hand darted out and grabbed Twilight's left arm. Connor turned to his right to face the portal while his other hand wrapped around her waist and half pulled, half tackled her through the portal. The last thing Twilight could see before she passed through the portal was the wall of lights finally dropping to reveal dozens of bodies all dressed in similar looking blue uniforms with most of them carrying small or long black things slowly rushing forward after them. Then, she passed through the portal and blackness took hold.

The familiar sensation of spinning, churning, and twisting began to disorientate her again. The grip that Connor had on her began to loosen and she drifted away slightly from Connor. She felt her magical disguise dissipate and could feel her hooves again. Her magical power slowly returned to her as she and Connor began to approach their final destination.

Twilight flew out of the portal with a blue and blonde mass tumbling out with her. The portal closed and she landed hard on the polished stone floor and skidded slightly before coming to a complete stop. She shook her head slightly to try and clear her head of the vertigo before opening her eyes again. Twilight was back in her magical laboratory with its white walls, golden detail, and dozens of chalkboards, tables, and books everywhere.

“Twilight!!”

Twilight heard several voices nearby and turned to see their sources. She grinned broadly when she saw not only Princess Celestia and Spike there, but also Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow dash, and Fluttershy all there waiting for here arrival.

“Girls!” Twilight rushed over to her good friends for a quick group hug before stepping back to take them all in again.

“Where have you been, Dear?! We were so worried about you when Spike sent us the letter telling what happened! Are you alright?” Rarity fussed over Twilight making sure nothing was out of place.

“She's fine, Rarity! Twilight is made of tougher stuff than that!” Rainbow dash chastised Rarity for her fussing while she gently hovered overhead. “So tell me, what kind of awesome adventures did you have this time? Did you battle a three headed bear with your bare hooves?! Or, or, did you have to save a city from certain doom?!”

“Did you have fun?! Oo, what kind of fun do they have over there? Do they have fun swimming in a pool of water or jello? No, chocolate, no, white chocolate jello!!” Pinkie Pie bounced in place excitedly waiting for Twilight's answer.

“Pinkie! Please let Twilight get comfortable before bombarding her with so many questions,” Rarity pleaded with Pinkie while she continued to look over Twilight.

“Oh dear, Twilight. Is everything alright? You looked like you just saw a terrible event,” Fluttershy put in her words from the side looking concerned.

“Are you alright, Twilight?” Celestia asked.

“yes, I’m fine. Thank you, Princess. But how did you manage to reactivate the portal? I never told anyone how to operate it before I left.”

Celestia smiled at her student before continuing with her explanation, “Well, it wasn't very hard to figure out. You left very detailed notes explaining every aspect of your little 'project', including on how to power and program it. Since we had no idea how to contact you, Spike and I concluded that it would be best to simply run your portal at the exact same calculations during your accident.”

“But I made sure that all my calculations were correct! I thought I checked and triple checked every equation so that there wouldn't be any problems.”

“That was my fault, Twilight,” Twilight raised her head out of her thoughts and turned to Spike who was looking ashamed of himself and kicking at the ground.

“I fell over one of the cords by accident and my foot got tangled up. I think I also bumped in to the XYZ coordinator too before you fell through. I'm sorry, Twilight. Can you forgive me?” Spike looked up with pleading eyes filled with tears.

“Yes, Spike. I forgive you.” Twilight smiled and pulled her number one assistant into a warm embrace.

“Uh, I hate to brake up the reunion and all,” Applejack interjected, “But I think you brought something back with you Twilight.” Twilight turned to see what Applejack was pointing at.

On the floor in a faded blue and blonde heap was a pony, a Pegasus to be exact. It had a short cropped dirty blonde mane that looked like it could use a bit of a trim. The coat had the same color as the faded blue pants she had seen in the other world. Not quite the color as Rainbow's sky blue coat, it was a few shades darker than that. His wings were peculiar compared to the average Pegasus. They were very angular and had larger wing joints where the wings connected to the body. The Pegasus was starting to shifting around like he was trying stand up. He opened his green and hazel eyes and blinked several times trying to clear his vision.

Twilight rushed through the last few moments in the past couple of minutes trying to place where he might of come from. She knew that Connor had to have come through the portal with her, but Connor walked on two legs and only had hair on his head. Her mind finally connected the dots and Twilight understood who this new Pegasus was. She made her way and stood in front of him. His eyes shot up and stared at her with a bit of confusion in his eyes.

“Ah, Connor? Before anything happens I just want to let you know that no matter what happens, everything will be just fine.”

Connor, now a jeans blue Pegasus, was distracted with his new muzzle in front of his eyes and he raised a hoof to touch it. But his new hoof confused him even more. Twilight watched as his eyes traveled down his hoof, up his arm, and stopped at his shoulder. He gave his shoulder a short wiggle.

“Connor?” Twilight said tentatively. She was getting worried that the shock of being a pony now instead of a two legged creature would be too much for him. But this was her first time dealing with another being coming to her world, so Twilight didn’t know if she should try to comfort him, or instruct him on how to use his new form.

Connor whipped his head over his left shoulder to inspect the rest of himself. He gave his tail an experimental flick before looking back up at Twilight with horror in his eyes.

“Twiiliiight. Why the duck am I a pony? Why the tuck am I a horse?!”

“Aaah, wellllll, you see...” Twilight trailed off trying to find an explanation that would define exactly why Connor was a pony. But her mind was coming up blank. She had no explanation. She barely understood why she changed into a two legged creature herself when she first went to Canterlot High.

“Not only that,” Connor continued while trying to stand up on four legs now, but he was not familiar with using hooves to walk on and one of his hooves would slip a little bit every now and then on the smooth surface underneath them.

“Not only that, why the heck am I a blue horse? With wings?!” Connor's tone was quickly raising to a shout and Twilight was becoming uneasy from the quickly escalating situation.

“I- I don’t know why, but I can assure that everything will be just fine. There is nothing to worry about,” she waved a hoof in front of her trying to seem nonchalant and confident.

“No, Twilight! Everything is not fine! This isn’t a game we can click around with! I mean look at me!” Connor carefully spun around in circles looking at himself. Twilight would have found it funny because it looked like a dog spinning around chasing his tail like Winona did. But the time for laughter was definitely not now.

“Connor, I need you to calm down and listen to me. We can work this out and-”

“No, I will not calm down for a great, dane minute! I shouldn't even be here right now!” his foot-, oops, sorry. Its 'hoof' now isn’t it? His hoof slid a little bit sending him into a bit of a tap dancing fit as he fought to regain his balance and grip.

Connor was right. He needed to go back to his world as soon as possible. Twilight looked over to her portal only to have her heart plummet to the ground. The machine was a mess with boxes broken and cords barely holding together. A lot of parts were severely damaged or completely destroyed. It appeared that to bring Twilight back, there was a steep price to pay. Just from a quick glance over, it would take months to try and rebuild what was lost in the two attempts that were made to open the portal. There was no way to send Connor back right now to his own world. He was stuck here.

“Ah, Connor. About sending you back,” he looked up after regaining his grip on the smooth floor to Twilight expecting a good answer. “Well, I can't send you back right now. The transdimesional bridge is heavily damaged after its first two uses and it will take time to repair.”

Connor stood there looking at Twilight like he was about ready to punch her in the face. His eyes were blazing and he was about to open his mouth to make another rude remark when his wings suddenly popped out like somepony had tripped the quick release pin. Yeah, that's the right way to say it, isn’t it? Somepony?

They burst into full extension with such violent force, it lifted him off the ground. To Twilight's benefit, the wings sudden release served as the perfect distraction for Connor. He fidgeted and twisted himself around trying to push the wings back down, “What do you mean 'You can't'? How long is it going to freaking take?!” He sat down still trying to push his wings back down with little success.

“Come on you, got, damp, things... Wait a minute...” Connor paused in his futile attempt to fix his wings. “Duck, tuck, suck. ffffun, fffffffuuunky. Ssshhhhhiiiift, sssshhhhiiiirt, heck, hey, hay.... I can't cuss. I can't swear in this world. I can't, trucking swear! In this gosh, dank, fishing, world!!!!” he ended his terrible realization with shouting at no one in particular and stomping his hoof on the ground. He raised his eyes and shot death glares through the ceiling at somepony beyond. “You think this is real funk-ing cute, huh world?! Yeah! I'm laughing my ape off here! Its fan-ducking-tastic!!”

“Jeez, he screams more than you, Rarity.”

Twilight facehoofed as she heard Rainbow Dash make her not so subtle comment. She saw Connor's head whip around so fast it was enough to induce whip lash. He found the source of the comment and stood up to face them, but Twilight figured she needed to step in now before things got too ugly.

“Uh, Connor? These are my friends! This is-” Twilight tried to introduce her friends, however Connor cut her off to burst into another fit of insults and failed attempts to express his frustration.

“Oh that's just great! There's even more of them! We've got the book nerd,” He gestured towards Twilight who looked at him in shock and awe.

“The high maintenance drama queen,” He pointed to Rarity, which got a snicker out of the rainbow one but Spike looked like he was preparing to have some choice words with the newcomer.

“We have a wannabe cowgirl,” Connor motioned to Applejack who was caught her off guard by the insult.

“The addict,” He indicated Pinkie Pie who was no longer bouncing in happy energy and gaping in shock.

“Ms. Protein shake,” Rainbow, who was still snickering at everypony else, finally stopped when he got to her.

“And finally, the extreme shut-in!!” He pointed accusingly at Fluttershy now hiding behind Dash and shaking under the onslaught of angry insults.

“Now hold it right there! What do you mean by 'Ms. Protein shake'?!”
“A wannabe?!”
“How dare you call a lady a drama queen! I may have my moments of extreme emotions, but that hardly calls for such a name!”
“Yeah! You can't call Rarity a drama queen!”
“Its true! I do still have a problem! Bwaaaaah!”

“Hold it, everypony!” Twilight had jumped in between the two waring parties. She glared at both Connor and her friends before speaking again. “Everypony, just calm down! Let me explain what's happened.”

“Yes, I do believe an explanation would be best, Twilight.” Twilight glanced up to see the Princess standing tall over the commotion. Twilight silently thanked herself that she knew somepony as amazing as Celestia ready to jump in and help save the day. Unfortunately, this pause in the action gave Connor enough time to notice the Princess and start taking his anger out on her.

“Oh, now I’ve seen it all!” Connor carefully approached Celestia trying not to lose his footing while she stood her ground. Twilight had to exercise every ounce of restraint to not break from her role as mediator between her friends and him and use her magic to yank him as far away from the Princess as possible. She watched him close the distance between them before breaking from his collision course trajectory and circled around her.

“Not only are there ponies, but ones that are twice as big and twice as pretentious!” Connor completed his circling around and stopped right in front of the Princess. Twilight took a single hoofstep towards Connor and was ready to pounce once again when Celestia lowered her head to Connor's eye level to speak.

“My, you are a boisterous one,” She simply looked at Connor with an air of mild interest like she was just now finding something to catch her eye. Connor simply returned the look with waning anger before turning away in curbed submission.

“Whatever Cinderella.”

“Hey! How dare you talk to the Princess like that! Why I aught a-”

“Rainbow!” Twilight was finally forced to use here magic to restrain her friend from attacking her 'other' friend.

“Blow it out your asphalt!” Connor shouted back over his shoulder as he stormed off to the single door in the room. His hoof finally slipped after stepping on a loose piece of paper and Connor fell hard on the floor. He picked himself up before continuing on his way to loudly kick open the door with his front hooves and exiting the room, only to have the door slam shut just as hard behind him.

The room stood still. Everypony was in shock from the angry display of this new faded jeans blue Pegasus who had just left. It was quiet enough one could hear a pin drop. Outside the door, a guard called out, “Hey! You! Stop right there!” There was a pause, then a clang and a thud of a body hitting the floor, then silence again.

Everypony stared at the door before glancing between themselves. No one wanted to speak, for fear of retaliation. Finally Applejack spoke up.

“Who in the hay does he think he is?! What gives him the right to come in here and insult all of us and then storm out like an angry bee defending its queen?”

“He was most unruly! I mean, honestly! A drama queen! When have I ever been a drama queen?” Everypony just stared at Rarity with knowing looks. “Ah, um, ahem, well. He was still very rude.”

“Twilight! Why did you stop me from putting the guy in his place?! I could have taken him!” Rainbow Dash was hovering in front of Twilight with arms spread wide asking for an answer.

Twilight sighed, “He's not from this world, Dash. He's from the same world as my Canterlot High friends. So having to flee his own world and be forced into this one was a tremendous shock for him.”

“What do you mean 'He had to flee his own world'? Is he a criminal of some sort?” Rarity asked.

“Oh my, that's terrible! My woodland friends would be devastated if they were forced from their homes! They've been there so long, I don’t know how they would handle it! I don’t know how I would handle it! It would be so dreadful!” Fluttershy was about ready to burst into more tears at the thought of being evicted from one's home when Applejack came over to comfort her.

“Come on now, sugar cube. You know that won't happen. Twilight, mind explaining what exactly happened while you were in that other world?”

“Yes, I am most curious as to why you and he were forced to flee from his world,” Princess Celestia walked over to the rest of the group giving Twilight a questioning glance.

“Alright. Well, after I went through the portal...”

~~~

When Twilight finished her story, the group sat in silence. It had taken her over two hours to go over every detail since the moment she went through the portal four days ago. Everypony was trying to make light of the new information they were given by Twilight. She had told her story and had explained that Connor was a good person, but was still trying to get over the fact that he was betrayed by his friend and is now stuck in this world. It put a new perspective on the situation but everypony still had a bitter taste in their mouths from today's earlier outbursts.

“Well this still does not excuse his earlier comments to us,” Rarity adjusted her mane before continuing, “I mean, he was making poor Fluttershy almost cry.”

“I agree, his temper was uncalled for, but please believe me when I say he's not that bad.” Twilight had been trying to position Connor in the best light in spite of recent events. However, it was hard to make a foul-mouthed skeptic sound genuine.

“We do, Twilight. Honest. But believe me when I say this, 'The first impression makes a lasting impression', as the saying goes. And his first impression was less than kind.”

“Indeed, Applejack. I would hate to be him if he ran into us again,” Rarity turned away in an overly dignified fashion, raising a hoof to her chest.

“Yeah! If I ever see him again, I’m going to pound him into next week!” Rainbow put her hooves together in an aggressive manner to emphasize her violent greeting next time.

“Rainbow Dash! How could you? He's frightened out of his wits because he can't go back home right now! He just wants to go home and curl up on his bed under a safe, warm, blanket.”

“I know!” Pinkie Pie bounced over Fluttershy and landed in front of her with her usual smile on her face, “Lets throw him a 'Welcome To Equestria, Sorry for Making You Leave Your World' party! That will put a smile on his face!” There was a small explosion of confetti and noise makers at the prospect of throwing another party.

“I don’t think he would like that right now, Pinkie.”

Twilight nodded, “Applejack is right. I think the best thing we can do is let him calm down before we try to bring him back.”

“Bring him back? No way!” Rainbow put her back towards Twilight refusing to help, “There's no way I’m helping somepony like him.”

“Well if not for him, then will you do it for me? Please?”

Rainbow slouched her shoulders before giving her answer, “Fine, but if I find him first...” She punched her hooves together again.

There was a reluctant murmur of agreement to help with the search to find the missing jeans blue Pegasus that had disappeared over two hours ago. Though, Twilight was noticing that nopony was moving in a big hurry to begin the search. She groaned to herself and began to usher everypony including Spike out the door. Before Twilight herself could leave, Princess Celestia called her back to speak.

“Twilight! Before you go, a word please.” Twilight trotted back over to the Princess still standing in the lab. She looked up at her expectantly, waiting for her to speak first.

“Before you leave, I was hoping you could write some reports detailing how our new guest is adapting to living here. If he shows signs of worsening or becoming violent, I will have to take action and subdue him until you are able to return him to his own world.”

“I understand, Princess. But I hope it doesn't have to come to that,” Twilight looked saddened by the idea of pacifying Connor.

“So do I. Now go, you need to find him soon.”

With that, Twilight rushed out of the laboratory and after the search party.

~~~

They began their search with the interior of the castle. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash took to the skies and scoured the castle grounds while Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Twilight took to searching the halls and rooms. It was a long search having to go through every possible room, bench or bush that Connor could be sulking in. Eventually, after reconvening to discuss their findings, they moved the search to the surrounding city below. Twilight had asked the royal guards to assist in the search as well. Canterlot was too big of a city for only six ponies and a dragon to search on their own. With the addition of a small platoon of guards now roaming the streets for a blue Pegasus, hopefully they would find Connor before sun down.

The sun had nearly set as the day was coming to an end and no one had spotted Connor, only a few innocent bystanders who closely resembled him. Twilight sat exhausted on a bench on the side of road. They had spent the entire rest of the day searching and had found nothing. She was beginning to worry if Connor was in some serious trouble. Spike sat next to her on the bench having a snack. They didn’t really have that much time to stop and eat while the search party was going on, so Twilight bought a few things to eat for him. But She didn’t have an appetite right now.

“Hey Twilight!” she looked up to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash walking up to her on the bench, “We've searched the business district and found nothing, except a lot of suits.” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

Pinkie Pie's head popped out of the bush beside the bench then brought up a pair of binoculars to her face to look through. When she finally panned around far enough to spot Twilight and Spike, she screamed a little and jumped out of the bush.

“Oh, its just you Spike. You scared me,” Pinkie looked at Twilight, “Sorry, Twilight. I looked everywhere I could, but I couldn’t find your new friend. I never would have guessed he was so skilled at hide and seek.” she walked over to sit down on the bench next to Spike.

“You sure, Pinkie? Not even a little clue?” Twilight leaned forward to peer past Spike now finishing his food.

“Not even a little.” Pinkie deflated a little hearing her own words.

“Has anypony else found that ruffian, yet?” Rarity and Fluttershy finally joined the group forming around the bench. Everypony there shook their heads solemnly. “Neither did we.”

Rarity sighed, “Well he can take care of himself for one night. But right now I need to get back to my shop. I have an important order that I need to finish before the deadline.”

“Same here, sugar cube. I still have a farm business to run and those chores won't do themselves.” Applejack took off her hat to shake loose some imaginary dust before setting her stetson back on her head.

“And I still have to whip up tomorrow's weather. We're supposed to have partly cloudy weather over Ponyville tomorrow and I can't have those clouds being too thick.”

“And I have cake orders I need to do. The Cakes need a shipment to go out in a few days loaded with premade cake layers and cream for other stores.”

Twilight sighed in her seat again. She couldn't continue the search any longer today with the limited amount of light they still had out. Plus, she still had to run the Ponyville library. She could close up early tomorrow to try and look for Connor again, but statistically speaking the chances of still finding him in the city by tomorrow afternoon were very slim. And her schedule was already messed up as it was and would require a full day of replanning the month.

“Alright, we will try again tomorrow then. Lets get to the train station before the last train leaves.” Twilight got up from her seat from the bench and let Spike climb on her back. Before she took her first step to the train station, an idea struck her.

“The train station. What if?...” Twilight bolted off in the direction of the train station leaving her friends to chase after her confused.

~~~

The train station was quieting down as the day drew to a close. There were only a couple of ponies still standing at the tracks waiting for the last few trains to come through. The guards lazily stood at their post on either side of entrance to the station. However when they spotted Princess Sparkle running full gallop for them, they snapped to attention and presented a sharp salute.

Twilight ignored the two guards and ran right past them into the station up to the station's records office. She opened the door and looked around for somepony to talk to. She spotted a pony currently sitting behind a desk looking up from his work angrily wondering who would storm into his office at this hour.

His expression lightened when he saw Twilight standing before him, “Pr-Princess Twilight! Uh, to what do I owe the honor of your presence, today?”

“I need to see all the arrival and departure records of every train that has past through the station today, immediately.”

“Of-of course, your Highness!” he rushed off through a door behind him to fetch the appropriate files while the rest of twilight's friends entered the office.

“Twilight, what are you doing? What does the train records have to do with anything?” Spike was hanging off the side of twilight trying to see exactly what twilight was seeing in this.

“Spike, what if Connor is not in Canterlot and took a train somewhere to a different town?”

The office pony came back with a couple of manila folders on his back and set them down on the table before twilight and opened them for her to look through.

“That's ridiculous, dear. How could that ruffian take a train if he has no bits to buy a ticket? Wait, you don’t mean that he stole somepony's bits to buy a ticket, do you?!” Rarity had stepped closer to look at the documents of scheduled arrivals, delay forms, departures.

“No, he's not a thief. But he could have snuck on to a train. When did Connor leave the castle?”

Fluttershy spoke up from the back, “Not that long ago. Only a couple of hours, at most.”

“Let's see, I should only be looking at the departures since those are the only trains leaving Canterlot. Most of today's outgoing trains were heading either south or southwest. So compare the departure times to the time frame of when Connor left and now means that, ah ha! If he did take a train, there are only three other possible places he could be if he is not in Canterlot. Los Pegasus, Ponyville, and Appleloosa.”

“That's great twilight, but we can't do anything right now about it. It's late and we need to get home.” Applejack turned and started for the door with everypony else following behind her.

“Come on, twilight. Its late and I’m really tired. I want to go home,” Spike let loose a large yawn and slumped down twilight's back.

“Alright, let's get you home. I just hope Connor will be alright.” Twilight thanked the office pony and walked out of the office towards the train that was pulling in. the conductor announced it was the last train to Ponyville and asked all ponies to board the cars. Twilight was tired and the call of her bed was gaining more influence as the minutes ticked by. She would have to write a report to the Princess first before she went to bed, but Spike was right. It was late. She would have to continue the search tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Boy, I had a lot of fun writing this chapter! The new swearing system was quite interesting to work with. Basically how it works is I will usually take the first letter or two of a curse word and replace it with something PG rated. Most of the time I will stick with that or I will find another substitute that works just a well. So if it's a little confusing trying to read the gibberish that's coming out just take the first couple letters and compare it to the broad English language of curses. By that, I mean only the dozen or so words we have. Let me know how I’m doing! Constructive criticism is helpful. Now, for the next chapter!