• Published 7th Apr 2015
  • 5,352 Views, 397 Comments

The Games We are Forced to Play - Kablam Pony



Connor lived a normal life when a mishap occurs from one of Twilight's projects and she ends up in his back yard. Now being forced to flee the cops back to Twilight's dimension, Connor must make a new life and stop a plot of world domination.

  • ...
26
 397
 5,352

5: Between A Portal and A Hard Place

Connor

On Saturday morning, Connor heard the familiar sound of a vibrating can coming up into his drive way. Normally on a Saturday, Connor would still be in bed sleeping in until 12:30 in the afternoon. But the possibility of Micheal actually coming over to question him and Twilight prevented him from reaching that goal. Now he had a knocking at the front door and he had to answer it.

Connor opened the front door to find Micheal standing there with his shades on his head and a serious expression on his face.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hey, come on in.” Connor stepped to the side to let Micheal in the house before closing the door. It had been a little while since Micheal had come over, but nothing in the house had changed that much.

“Twilight's in my room right now, so we'll be talking up there.”

“Twilight is such a corny name. What mother would name their kid 'Twilight'?”

“Don’t know, never bothered to ask. But I had bigger problems to deal with than a terrible name.”

“Oh really? And what's that?”

“well, head up to my room and we'll talk about it.”

They entered Connor's room together to see Twilight sitting there on the bed. There were two chairs open and Connor walked over to his open computer chair and spun it around to sit in and face everyone. Micheal took the last chair that was open and sat facing both Twilight and Connor. They sat there for a few seconds in awkward silence just staring at each other. Finally, Micheal spoke up.

“Okay, I know for a fucking fact that she isn't your sister. So who is she?” Micheal pointed accusingly at Twilight while giving Connor the stink eye.

“Well... this is Twilight and, she is from another world.”

As soon as the words left Connor's mouth he instantly regretted it. It was said so plainly and matter-of-factually that Connor could feel skepticism suffocating the air in the room. Nobody in their right mind would believe such a ridiculous story. Twilight sat there looking between the two of them trying to find any kind sign to go off of. She and Connor had discussed before hand about whether or not they should tell Micheal the truth about where she came from or how she got here.

Somehow by a miracle, Twilight had convince Connor that he should put his trust in Micheal like he had put his trust in her. Connor had been reluctant about it because he trusted Micheal as a friend who would help you out of a slight jam like giving a ride to school or work. But not as someone he could pass on secrets to or trust with fixing his motorcycle. Connor had agreed to tell Micheal the whole story, but he felt like Twilight had guilt tripped him into it. Now that the words had left Connor's mouth, there was no turning back now.

Micheal sat there looking at both of them trying is hardest not to burst out in laughter in front of their faces. He was practically fidgeting in his seat attempting to maintain his composure. “One sec,” he held up a finger before getting up from his chair and exiting the room. The door closed behind him and Connor and Twilight could hear fits of laughter behind it.

Twilight looked over to Connor with a frown and said, “Why is he laughing at us? We just told him the truth, didn't we?”

“Twilight; you got to realize by this world's standard, what we just told him was a bold face lie. And if someone told me the story we are about to tell him, I would have thought it was bullshit to and laughed at them too.”

“But it's not a lie!”

“I know, I know. What we need to do is give him proof that this is the real deal.”

“I got it! I'll remove the disguise and show him my pony form!”

“WHAT??!!!!”

But before Connor could continue with his protest, Micheal had walked back in still chuckling to himself to sit back down.

“So you think that we are lying do you?” Twilight began before Connor could stop her.

“Uh, yeah? That shit was so thick I could walk across it like a floor.”

“Well how about I give you proof that I am from another world?”

“Twilight...” Connor warned, but Twilight continued.

“Okay, please. Show me this proof that you are some kind of alien from a different planet.”

“Oh, I’ll do better than that. I can show you that I’m from a different dimension!”

Twilight was standing on the bed now and was looking at him as if challenging Micheal to not believe her. Before Connor could command her to stop, the human form of Twilight flickered like a dying light bulb and disappeared to reveal a small purple pony with a horn and wings spread proudly on either side of her. She stared smugly at Micheal like she had just won a debate while Connor was half way out of his seat wanting to grab something to throw over her and hide her from view. he assumed Twilight was someone smart enough to think tactfully and try every available option before using their last resort. Not stupid enough to play their ace in the hole on the first go-around of dealing. His current trust in Twilight had now dropped a good bit.

Micheal sat there with his mouth open and stared at the spectacle before him. If Twilight planned on shocking him, she passed with flying colors.

“There! Now do you believe us?”

Twilight sat down triumphantly and looked to Connor expecting to see him sharing in their victory. However she saw an angry Connor that looked like he wanted to smack her up side the head for making a tremendously colossal mistake.

“So you really weren't lying when you said she was from another world...”

Twilight and Connor turned back to peer at Micheal who was still in a state of shock but was quickly recovering and showing a look of great concern.

“Connor, we need to tell someone about this.”

“Why? I've got this handled right now. And she'll be going back to her world pretty soon, anyways.”

“No, you don't understand. This needs to be treated seriously.” Micheal was leaning in towards Connor now and lowered his voice like he was trying to hide his conversation from a purple pony sitting naught two meters away.

“And how do you suppose this should be treated like?”

“Like the little grey alien in area 51, that's how.”

“What little grey alien? What happened to him?” Twilight asked.

“You know full well what's going to come of that. I’m not going to let someone be turned into a science experiment for the government black suits to cut into like a frog.”

“This is bigger than you. If we have another alien here on earth, alive, then we need to tell people. It will get press coverage, we'll probably get a pay out for a discovery like this.”

“Hello! I’m still here!”

“You realize you are talking about trading a life for the possibility of fame and money, right?”

“HEY!”

Both Connor and Micheal looked at the sitting pony before them looking agitated for being kept out of the loop. Twilight knew some back room dealings were going on and didn't like being treated like she wasn't there.

“What are you two talking about?”

“Micheal wants to turn you in as a corpse for scientists to cut into and experiment with.”

“You know its the right thing to do!”

“No, kicking you out is the right thing to do, right now.”

“Stop it! I think we need to just talk this out together and come to an understanding.”

“No, Twilight, you don't understand. He wants to present you to the government like a trophy for money. He's hoping to use you for a big pay out so he can get a real car and not a ricer.”

“Think of the money we could make! It could be worth millions! We could have anything in the world! And my car is just fine right now!”

“Maybe if we just calm down and- ”

“Get out! Get out of my house right now!”

Connor had stood up now and was pointing to the door. He had enough and was not going to take Micheal treating the situation like some rare jewel he found in the woods. Micheal stood up as well and glared challengingly at him. They stood there daring the other to make a move before Micheal gave in and stomped to the door. Twilight was now standing up and with her human disguise back on as well. Connor escorted his friend down the hall way and out the front door with Twilight following in suit. They stood there at the door watching as Micheal angrily got into his car and roared out of his drive way. Connor didn’t know what Micheal was going to do. He was afraid that he might actually try something to get at the imaginary pot of gold he saw in Twilight, but he hoped that wouldn't happen. Hopefully, the portal would have opened up again before hand and Twilight would already be gone. He could only hope.

~~~

It was 7:35 and Connor and Twilight sat in the TV room while Connor played on the family's game system. Twilight sat beside him on the couch watching as Connor played one of favorite racing simulation games. They hadn't talked about the fight with Micheal since he left and that was fine by Connor. He didn’t want to think about it. Twilight on the other hand did want to talk about it.

“Hey, Connor?”

“Hmm?”

“About earlier...”

“I really don’t want to talk about it, Twilight...”

“But maybe it would be best to try and reconsider trying-”

“No, Twilight. Maybe we should check to see of the portal has opened again.”

By we, Connor meant her to go and check. Connor was still irritated and was playing his game to relieve his stress. Twilight solemnly got up and left the room leaving Connor there. As he watched her leave, he started feeling bad for snapping at her. He didn't mean to take out his anger on her; it wasn't her fault. He looked at his watch and it read little past 7:35. If he wanted to be specific, the clock read about 7:37.

“Hey, Connor? Something's happening behind your home.”

Confused, Connor hit the pause on his game and got up to join Twilight, where ever she was.

“What do you mean 'Something is happening'?”

Twilight was standing in his parents room at the window that looked over the back yard. Connor stood next to her on her right and stared out the window. His backyard was sparking and crackling with energy just like last time Twilight came through.

“Holy crap, Twilight! That's the portal!”

Connor ran down the stair and out the sliding glass door to the back yard with Twilight hot on his heels. They stood there staring as the portal reformed itself before them. It was mystical watching it reform again in the yard. The pale mirror forming before them with it's purple spiral pattern swirling slowly in it. Connor looked at it and stared. It was the Moment he had been waiting for; Twilight could finally go back home and his life could return back to normal. He was relieved but also had a twinge of regret. Even though he loved the idea of returning back to a normal life, he had an opportunity for an adventure sitting right before him, begging to be started. But he knew better. Twilight belonged in her world and her other friends in Canterlot high needed her.

They both faced each other knowing they had to say goodbye now.

“So. I guess this is it then...” Connor said awkwardly.

“Yes, it is...”

“Hey, I just wanted to say, even though it was unexpected, I enjoyed meeting you.”

“Thank you. I also enjoyed- ”

“HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!”
“FREEZE!!!”
“DON'T MOVE!”
“HANDS IN THE AIR WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!!”
“HANDS IN THE AIR!!”

Suddenly, the back yard was filled with flash lights, blue uniforms, handguns, and rifles all raised and pointed at the duo stand in front of a white oval shaped disc. Flashing blue and red lights shone in the front of the house and a couple of trucks with diesel engines running could be heard from the front. Connor and Twilight slowly raised their hands in the air. Twilight held them high over her head but Connor only brought his up to face level. He shifted his stance so that his left foot was in front of the other; this was his ready fighting stance. He had learned how to position himself in an advantageous stance through his training and by shifting his feet and keeping his hands at face level, the only difference between looking helplessly defensive and ready to fight were his hands being either open palms or closed fists. Connor didn't know why these people were here filling up his back yard, but he had a pretty good idea of who they were. The most police he had encountered were those one-on-one encounters and were mainly just getting a speeding ticket. This was a different level though and Twilight looked like she was about to burst into panicked tears.

Twilight was trembling in her boots and her hands were shaking so much she might as well have been doing vigorous jazz hands while doing the wave back and forth.

“Connor, who are these people?”

“Police.” he mumbled back to her. He was confused as to why the police hadn't just rushed them right there and was wondering what was holding them back? Perhaps the glow portal behind them might have been the reason; plus they didn’t have any protocol on dealing with interdimensional beings or portals, so that helped too.

Twilight wanted to ask more questions, but a scuffling from behind the wall of lights, guns and bodies drew her attention forward. Micheal had pushed his way through the wall and stood there looking angry at them.

“Micheal?” Connor called out.

“I told you; this is bigger than you. If you weren't willing to listen to a solution, I was going to make a solution happen!”

“Wait, so you sold us out to the cops?!”

“Yeah! We can get a huge check from someone with her!”

“You Son Of a Bitch!”

“STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!” one of the cops shouted.

After cussing out his old 'friend' , Connor basically tuned out every audible stimulation around him and focused on the situation before him. He predicted that he had every cop in his town, the next town over, and probably a SWAT team right behind them all standing in front of him and probably had a perimeter formed around the house as well. What ever wild story Micheal told them (probably a wild gunman running around trying to shoot up the place) it looked like they were ready anything. So he went over his current options available to him. He could A: surrender now and he won't be hurt, but Twilight would be shipped off to some lab and possibly be cut into. Or, he could B: take his chances, go all in, and jump through the portal with Twilight. The sensible option would be to surrender, but Connor didn't like dealing with cops in the first place. So option A was already sounding like a bad shit storm. That left him with option B. well, he always wanted a grand adventure in his life and now he was getting one.

The cops were slowly closing in on them and time was running out. He had to act now.

“Twilight, do you trust me?”

“What?!”

“Do you trust me?”

“I- I guess? What are yo-”

“Okay on the count of three, just follow my lead.”

Twilight tried to make more complaints but Connor didn’t hear them. He had permission to enact his plan he was going to do it.

“1..2..3!!”

His right hand shot out and grabbed her left arm. He turned and half pulled, half tackled Twilight through the white and purple mirror leaving behind the swarm of cops and his world.

The world went dark around him but he could see flashes of light behind his eye lids. Twilight had fallen out of his grasp but he could sense that she was still there near him. His equilibrium was telling him he was spinning around and around with hint of slowing down. The sensations his body was telling him were unreal. It felt like his body was being twisted, contorted and mangled into new shapes. It was almost painful to the point were he wanted to shout in agony. He could feel his bones changing and morphing into different arrangements. Some were lengthening, others were growing thicker. His face felt weird and throbbed like he was punched in the nose. He felt two sharp pains in his back like he just threw out a muscle or two. Then suddenly, darkness settled in and he fell unconscious.

Connor felt a smooth hard surface underneath him. It felt similar to smooth marble or smooth granite but he couldn't tell. His hands and feet felt numb right now and he couldn't use them. He made a quick system check of his body to see if he still had every limb. Two arms, two legs, and a head, so he was still alive and could move. The next step was to open his eyes. He blinked several times to clear the slight film that blurred his vision. The first thing he saw was a white walled room with tables, chalkboards, and books everywhere. Standing in front of him were seven figures, one of them stood taller than the rest and the last one looked like to be a dragon? His vision cleared enough to focus and registered what looked like a baby dragon... and six other multicolored ponies. Suddenly purple filled his view and he looked up to see Twilight back in her pony form.

“Ah, Connor? Before anything happens I just want to let you know that-”

Connor had stopped listening to look at the blue object that was sticking out from his face. It looked like it was covered in fur and the fur had the color of worn jeans blue. Slightly faded, but still darker than sky blue or baby blue. He raised his hand up to touch this thing, but instead of a hand a large blue object came up to his eye sight to touch it. The blue thing in front of his eyes felt like his nose, but that can't be right. He raised his head more to look at this blunt looking thing touching what felt like his nose and traced it back to it's origin. His eyes traveled to the side and up to a similarly blue colored body. He wiggled his shoulder and saw the corner of the body wiggle at the same time he was moving his shoulder.

“Connor?” Twilight said tentatively.

Connor's mind was beginning to race and he needed to see what the rest of his body looked like. He whipped his head around to the left to look at himself. He found a horse like body covered in the same looking faded blue jeans blue color fur. He spotted some wings on his back but what caught his attention the most was a dirty blonde colored tail at the back. He felt something twitch at his butt and tried to give it a little flick. The tail flicked experimentally at the back and the terrible realization finally came crashing down on him.

His final thought that ran through his mind:

Oh shit.

Author's Note:

what? You thought it would just end right there with sending twilight on her way? NNNNNNNNOPE!!!! we have a whole adventure to experience and this is only the beginning! From here on out I will be trying to make regular updates instead of uploading massive chunks. I have the entire story already planned out, now all I have to do is get it down on paper. That's the hard part for me. I don’t have any kind of schedule set up right now to where I can say 'this is when I will have the next part up' but I will try to stay active. I want to try and bring some new things to the table and hopefully make some sound head cannons that will explain some things. In short, I have a lot of writing to do. Oh! I am also looking for some proof readers/editors who would like to look over future chapters and let me know of any mistakes or missing plot holes that I might need to cover. I’m going to limit it to a handful of spots so if you want to help and get a sneak peek at the next chapters send an email at kablam.pony@gmail.com and join the team! Some rules apply, see dealer for more details.