• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 4,319 Views, 247 Comments

Norm, Genie of The Dazzlings - Aku



After being wished away by Timmy after his latest attempt to get revenge, Norm winds up in Canterlot High infront of the Sirens.

  • ...
9
 247
 4,319

It's Cold And Damp, Man

Norm reclined in his chair, a rather large lay-z-boy that he had actually paid real money for instead of just magicing it up, and watched his all-time favorite show, I Dream of Jeannie. "Ah, Barbara Eden, the only human to be able to pull off playing a genie on T.V. Well, except Robin Williams, but animation doesn't count. Still, he did a reasonable job portraying that big blue lug." Norm took a sip from his glass which contained his 'special' apple juice. Special in that it was made from apples from the tree of life and would burn through any mortal that dared to drink it. To Norm, it was like drinking hot cider. It had been a week since Adagio had begun her master plan, and Norm could not be happier. He had six to seven hours a day to himself, depending on how long the girls after school activities lasted (they had not been amused when they had found out he had signed them up for a few clubs without their consent), and he didn't have to worry about being called away all the time to deal with Sonatas random wishing since she had gotten caught up in school work. All in all things seemed to be going his way.

Suddenly, the door was kicked open as a wet and angry Adagio stomped in, followed quickly by an equally wet and angry Aria and a somehow dry and cheery Sonata. Norm looked them over once before turning his attention back to the T.V., just in time to watch Jeannie turn a man into a monkey. "Hahaha! Oh, that's classic! Reminds me of that women fifty years ago, shame that poacher came around before she could find a way to wish herself back to normal." The immortal muttered to himself before taking another drink. Maybe if I ignore them they will leave me to be. Norm thought wistfully.

Sonata skipped past the T.V. and went directly to the kitchen, with Aria following after, though she sent a glare Norm's way. Adagio however, decided standing directly in front of the entertainment device would be a fine thing to do. She stood there, quietly simmering in rage, waiting for Norm to acknowledge her. Norm, not really caring, simply made the television lift above her head with a bit of magic.

Seeing that blocking the T.V. was not working, Adagio decided it would be best to simply address the genie. "Norm." She said with barely controlled rage. Norm ignored her. "Norm." She said a bit louder, he continued to ignore her. "Norm!" She screamed, finally gaining the attention of the genie.

"What?" Norm shouted back, annoyed. He didn't like having his T.V. time interrupted.

"Where were you?" Adagio growled out.

"Excuse me?" Norm lowered his shades, sending a curious look at the dripping girl before him.

"You were supposed to pick us up from the school an hour ago! We got fed up with waiting and started to walk back, only for it to start raining on us!" The leader of the sirens threw her hands up in agitation, before thrusting a finger into Norms face accusingly, "So I’ll ask again, where the hell were you?"

Norm casually moved the finger out of his face, "If you must know, Cheese Puff, I was here, watching T.V. and relaxing. Something you might want to try sometime." Norm shoved his shades back into place and stood from his chair.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Adagio growled. She knew how to relax, it was hard to do when you had to work with a bunch of idiots. Already she had to run damage control with all of what Sonata let slip around two dozen times in the first week! And if she didn't harp on Aria, the lazy girl wouldn't do anything. Honestly, she was the only one that seemed to care about getting revenge in this place.

"Well let’s look at what you've done with an all-powerful genie at your disposal, hmm." Norm cocked an eyebrow. "You wished up a better house, wished my lamp into your fancy-smancey necklaces and forced Aria, Sonata and I to follow your 'brilliant plan.'"

"And what's wrong with those wishes?" Adagio demanded.

"They're all so practical and boring!" Norm shouted. "A home? Jewelry? Plans for revenge? Talk about predictable. I mean, I was getting excited at first because I figured, 'Oh, she wants some reconnaissance so she knows how to hurt them? Alright, two days and she'll do something exciting with that last wish.' But nooo! You've just been playing the part of some shy wimpy teen who can’t look anyone in the face for a week and haven't done anything! And you haven't even let the other two relax! You're always on everyone's case." Norm sat back in his chair, a little red in the face from his little rant. "Seriously, you need to relax." Norm took long sip from his drink. And rant followed by stupid wish in three, two, one . . .

Adagio suddenly got very red in the face, anger swelling within her. She prepared to verbally lash out at the genie, but forced herself to calm down. It would do her no good to get into a larger fight with the genie. "You know what, Norm? You're right. My wishes are boring and practical. You know why? Because I'm the one who has to be mature here, I have to watch over those two idiots," An indignity 'hey!' came from the kitchen, but was ignored by both genie and siren, "and make sure they don't do something that will get themselves killed! If Sonata had her way we'd be swimming in junk food and the moon would be made of cheese, or something like that, and Aria would just figure a way to get out of doing work. Or bring about the apocalypse." Adagio muttered, gazing off into the distance and shuddering a little. "And you," She began, recovering from the horrible visions that had played out in her head, "just float around all day doing nothing but watch T.V.!" She stomped her foot. "You don't even help with the chores!"

"What do I look like, a maid?" Norm snarked. "I'm an all powerful genie here to grant your wishes, not do your laundry."

"Well you could help out, you don't do anything all day. I'm sure you could use your magic to at least do the dishes!" Adagio threw her hands in the air in exasperation. "I mean, I have to clean everything around here, or else this place would turn into a bigger mess than it was before you came along! Aria won't help, I won't let Sonata help after last time." Adagio sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, "I wish that I didn't have to be the mature one around here, I really do, but if I'm not then no one will be. And then what?" Adagio turned to walk away, now that she had said her piece she really wanted to get out of her wet clothing.

"I guess we'll get to find out." Norm said with a smirk, just as Adagio walked out of the room. He hadn't had a chance to really mess with any of the three beyond his fake turned real rules, and was not about to let an opportunity like this to pass him by.

Gong!