• Published 21st May 2015
  • 3,344 Views, 159 Comments

Six Trans Mares - pertelote345



The mane six wake up as rule 63 versions of themselves. They rapidly begin suffering from gender dysphoria and seek transition back to their former selves, all the while figuring out what sort of monster did this to them.

  • ...
61
 159
 3,344

Lilac and Driver

Lilac

My home-made banner really sucked.

I looked at the glued together line of paper that would have made a kindergarten art teacher cringe and sighed. I considered just flying up and taking it down, I'd learned the hard way that sometimes bad advertizing was worse than no advertizing at all, but...

As bad as it was, I'd worked really hard on it.

A certain trans stallion tipped his bowler and smirked. "I keep looking at it and thinking 'what are we patting?' puppies, kittens, ducklings..."

I groaned, trying in vain to use a compact to check my makeup (my skills at cosmetology were about on par with my art skills). "Driver, I asked you like fifty times whether you had a better acronym. PATA is nice, simple and to the point."

Driver shrugged and leaned up against the couch with a comic-book in hoof. "Yeah, yeah. You know I still think you'd have more luck hosting this at the Crow Hop right?"

I sighed. The Crow Hop was the local gay bar. I didn't have anything against it really, but it was one of those places with loud noise and large crowds where the primary attractions were sex and alcohol... Making it, like most singles bars, not my cup of tea.

Plus the guys there thought I was cute... For all the wrong reasons.

I accepted defeat, smoothed out my dress with my talons and sat down next to him. "I had to try you know? I mean Ponyville's not that small, maybe we'd find out that we weren't alone..."

Driver snorted. "It's kind of hard to be alone when there's two of us."

I raised an eyebrow. "Dude, are you capable of being serious for like two seconds? I'm starting to get worried."

He smirked, silvery eyes twinkling. "You know if you opened up a Canterlot branch you could call it 'CATA' and hurl people out with a siege engine."

Well that answered that question. I gave him a playful shove and took a handful of chips. I guess it would just be u-

There was a knock at the door. We froze.

Driver made shooing motions, valiantly abandoning me to whatever awkwardness was coming. Still, I had a bit of a spring in my step as I peered through the crack in the door. There was an absolutely stunning white mare and two stallions outside. One pink, the other purple with...

I whirled around and leaned hard against the door. At least my stupidly over-blown body was good as a barricade. "Shit!" I whispered, "Driver, Dusk Shine is outside!"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, very funny Lilac."

"I'm serious!" I snapped.

His eyes widened. "Holy... Wait... I mean, I guess that makes some sense."

"How does the freaking Prince of Friendship showing up make sense!"

He shrugged. "We're local, we're a new organization that's trying to connect ponies. It's sort of his wheelhouse."

"But what if he..." I sputtered.

He held up a hoof. "Hey, I seriously doubt he's going to reveal our secret identities. And if he does we can sue the horse apples out of him for... I dunno defamation or something."

That totally was not how the law worked... Still, I couldn't really stop a Prince from coming into a public building... I told myself to woman up, twisted my talons around the handle and let them inside.

The white unicorn mare in the fancy dress froze when she saw me. "Wha- You!"

A little lightbulb clicked. I'd seen her at the therapist's office... Which didn't actually tell me anything.

"Uh... Hi?" I croaked.

Bubble Berry immediately bounced in front of me. "Hiiii! Oh my god it's so nice to meet you! I know everyone around town and I especially know..."

Thus began one of Berry's famously extended high speed rants. I knew I would never hear the end of it if he thought I was new in town... He might throw me a party. I shivered, it was time for drastic measures.

I dropped my voice to male range. "Berry it's me."

He blinked, eyes widening. "Trent? What are-? Oh... Oh!" He got a huge grin on his face.

I narrowed my eyes. "My name is Lilac." I forced my voice back up. "Berry I know I look a bit different from how I normally do, but this is a safe space where we are hosting a support group. What I'm wearing isn't meant to be funn-"

He gave me the most bone shattering hug I'd ever experienced. "I'm so happy you're here! I'm trans too!"

I blinked. Wait what? Okay, wait... Several pieces of the puzzle were falling into place.

An Element of Harmony was trans? At least two elements of harmony were at my dinky meeting? Why was everything blue?

"Pinkie!" A magic aura surrounded the pink stallion (mare I corrected myself internally), and yanked her off. I took the opportunity to feed my disgraceful oxygen habit.

The prince and the white mare followed inside and shut the door. The prince gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, she's just nervous. We all are."

I tried my best to summon some composure. I was organizing a meeting after all. "Prince Dusk! It's very nice to see you. Welcome to the Ponyville Area Transgender Association. Thank you so much for joining us and supporting your friend."

He smiled. "Thank you... But, I'm not just here for Pinkie Pie."

I blinked. "Wait... She's trans too?" I asked gesturing to the mare.

"She is." The mare replied.

I stared at her. She was trans? She looked incredible, I mean I knew Dr. Warm Heart had other trans patients, but I never imagined she was one of them.

I looked down. It was sooo not polite to stare. "I'm so sorry, Miss...?"

"Rarity." she said, smiling ruefully. "And I'm sorry about running away from you earlier. I was... Stressed."

"And I..." The Prince looked down. "My real name is Twilight Sparkle."

I froze. I had been given a lot of shocks tonight, but... A transgender alicorn?

I might have stood there until the end of time if I hadn't glanced up at my crappy little banner... With that little signature reading "Lilac Clawston, Organizer".

I forced myself to shake away the confusion. Okay, yes this was big, yes I would need some time to process this later, but right now these girls weren't famous party animals or political figures... they were my responsibility.

Driver did not appear to have the same resolve. The shock had done the impossible and actually shut him up.

"Driver!" I said, snapping him out of it. He turned to me shakily.

I the most calming smile on I could manage. "Why don't you offer our new friends some chips? Please, let's all have a seat."

After a moment's shuffling, we arranged ourselves in the little circle of couches. There was a brief, uncertain pause.

It was time to break the ice. I cleared my throat. "Let's get started with some introductions shall we? Please say your preferred name and pronouns. My name is Lilac and I prefer female pronouns she/her."

I gestured to Driver.

"Uh... Hi, my name is Driver and I prefer male pronouns he/him." He looked at Rarity.

Now that I was paying attention I could see her adam's apple lifting. She was working really hard for that perfect voice. "Hello," She said, "My name is Rarity and I prefer female pronouns she or her."

She turned to Pinkie. "Hi everyone! I'm Pinkie Pie! I prefer female pronouns she/her."

Finally it came to Du- Twilight.

The Alicorn shriveled under the attention, but managed to clear her throat. "I... I'm Twilight sparkle. I prefer female pronouns. I'm a mare." She let out a breath. "Celestia that felt good to say..."

I smiled.

#

Driver

"I just can't get over how patronizing everyone is." Rarity muttered "They all just call me a pretty little mare and tip their hats when I walk by while I know perfectly well what I look like."

I raised an eyebrow, keeping my hat decidedly untipped. Lilac, being Lilac, tried to be more diplomatic. "I... Have to say Rarity, I'm not sure it's meant to be patronizing, you pass extremely well."

The (apparently yet another) Element of Harmony rolled her eyes. "Don't give me that, my hair is too short, my dress is obviously too frilly for this occasion and there's absolutely nothing I can do about this ridiculous jawline."

"I'll happily trade ya for it..." I muttered. "Actually..." Oh please dear god let this work...

I turned to the Element of Magic, a spellcaster who's work was legendary, and tried my best to sound nonchalant. "So, long shot here, but can we actually... You know, trade? Because I have more than one item I sense you folks would be interested in."

Lilac's feathers ruffled uncomfortably. "Driver!"

Twilight blushed and shook her head. "I actually looked into that... Cross sex transplants haven't been famously successful, whether they're done magically or otherwise."

I sighed "Figures..." Shit shit shitty shit shit! I felt a little bubble of hope deflate inside me.

I sat back to listen to the rest of the conversation. Only half paying attention. Rarity made peace with our friendly neighborhood griffon and asked her a few polite questions about her dress, clearly trying to avoid twitching.

I rolled my eyes. Once again I'd found myself covered in a pile of mares. Were trans dudes really that rare?

Pinkie Pie bounced back in carrying a box of cupcakes and somehow balancing a punch bowl on her tail.

She offered me one of the frosting coated pastries and I took a bite, being careful not to take too much. I did still need to work after all.

Something moved in the corner of my eye. I blinked. "Guys did... Did you just see something?"

They turned to me. Lilac looked up, her beak covered in frosting. "Huh?".

I went over to the window and looked out, puzzled. I could have sworn I saw a flash of... Something.

Rarity crept up behind me. "Driver is everything alright?"

I felt a knot forming in my chest. "I..." Oh shit... What if someone saw us? What if someone saw me? What if they figured out I was trans and told work? What if-

Lilac put a talon on my shoulder. "Driver, it's okay."

I turned to her. I have no idea what it was about that voice of hers, but it always made me feel safe. She smiled. "We're all a bit jumpy about coming out to new people, but I seriously doubt people are spying on us."

I let out a breath. She was probably right... Plus I couldn't spend the rest of my life jumping at shadows. "Yeah, okay. Thanks Lilah."

Pinkie waved a weird looking spinner at us. "Who wants to play Twister!"

Lilah raised an eyebrow and I couldn't help but smirk. "I'm game." I said.

Sometimes it was nice being covered in mares.