• Published 21st May 2015
  • 3,320 Views, 159 Comments

Six Trans Mares - pertelote345



The mane six wake up as rule 63 versions of themselves. They rapidly begin suffering from gender dysphoria and seek transition back to their former selves, all the while figuring out what sort of monster did this to them.

  • ...
61
 159
 3,320

It's always sunny

Rainbow Dash

I leaped through the window of the crystal castle and bowled into the study.

"Twilight!" I called. "We need you! We think that creepy mare from the sperm bank is trying to kill us! Rarity's in the Hospital! Also Flutters is passed out with a killer hangover and is only guarded by a seriously beat up AJ. And, if you've got some time after all that, I've got something to help us coming in I... Think..."

I blinked. Our resident egghead wasn't here.

I flew through the castle. I rifled through the book cases, I even checked under her bed... Nothing.

"TWILIGHT!" I cried out.

I felt a cold sweat break out. Where could she possibly have gone?

#

Twilight Sparkle

The train pulled up to Fillydelphia's platform and I shook Spike. "We're here sleepyhead."

He yawned and blinked his eyes open. "Ugh... Did we really need to take the red eye?"

I picked up my saddlebag "Yes Spike, I already told you, I sent the message to the university a week ago and they still haven't responded." At this point I'd actually sent about 20 messages. I steeled myself. "We need to get to the source!"

" Couldn't we have gotten to the source tomorrow..." He muttered.

I ignored that and strapped on my saddlebag, lifting the beleaguered dragon onto my back. I needed to prove my theory and time was wasting.

After spending some time in Manehatten, I have to say the ponies of Fillydelphia were startlingly polite. Still, it was a city and I wasn't in any sort of royal precession. The streets were crowded and traffic was heavy Getting to the office building would take time. I only had... I checked a nearby clock... three hours to get there.

I heard Spike's stomach rumble. I winced. Okay, maybe I was rushing things a bit.

I cleared my thoat. "Say, Spike would you like to get a cheese portabello before we get started?"

The little dragon perked right up at that. "A filly cheese portabello! Count me in!"

I smirked. I felt like it had been forever since I'd seen him excited.

That was... actually kind of sad.

It didn't take long before we bumped into a food cart. I ordered two sandwiches... Okay four sandwiches, and waited while Spike covered his with so much hot sauce it made my eyes water.

"Would you like anything else sir?" asked the mare behind the truck.

I winced at the 'sir', but shook my head and gave her some bits with as polite a smile as I could manage. Spike and I wandered over to a park bench and sat down with our piles of greasy deliciousness. We tore into them with gusto and with some food in me I started to feel like a pony again... But something was off. Spike wasn't talking very much.

I swallowed down the last of sandwich number one and turned to the little dragon idly licking hot sauce off his claws. "Spike, are you okay?"

"Huh?" He looked up. "Of course! I mean... Things have been kind of rough recently, what with all you girls coming out, and you locking yourself away, and Elusive... I mean... Rarity not being Elusive any more."

I sighed. "Okay, fair..." The sounds of the city hummed in the background. I grew up in Canterlot, so I found them somewhat calming... not calming enough, but it helped.

"Spike," I began, looking down awkwardly. "I'm really sorry if I've been neglecting you recently. It just feels like so much stuff is happening to me at once and there just isn't an easy fix." I gripped my oozing sandwich. "I mean, maybe something good will come out of this though. Pining after Rari- I mean, after Elusive wasn't super healthy."

He crossed his arms. "Oh, really, so it wasn't healthy when he talked me down from the whole giant monster phase? I think the Wonderbolts were pretty happy about that."

I shook my head. "That's not what I mean... Although I'll admit Rar- Elusive did seem to bring a lot of nobility out of you that day. Still, you've got to know it wasn't in the cards. Imagine what it would be like if Pound Cake told you he was in love with you."

Spike raised an eyebrow. "Uhh... Twilight, Pound Cake knows like two words."

I rolled my eyes, "You know what I mean."

He opened his mouth... Then closed it. "Okay, yeah I get it. I need to find a guy who's my age it's just... He made me feel special, he made me feel warm inside. Now I look at him and it's still him, or her or whatever, but all the attraction is gone. It feels... weird."

I put a hoof on his shoulder. "Sometimes we get caught up in good people who just aren't right for us."

He grinned. "Are you speaking from experience?"

I blushed. It may have fit well, but for the record I was not going to tell him about those two weeks when I was four when I convinced myself I was madly in love with my brother. "... Let's just go with 'it happens and it's not fun' okay?"

He sighed. "I guess I'll meet other guys... Preferably ones that want to stay guys."

An uncomfortable thought occurred to me. "Spike... Have the people in town been okay with you? I mean, I've been sitting here whining about being trans when you've apparently been openly gay for a long time. I have to admit, I haven't really been... Paying attention." I slumped. When did I become such a terrible caregiver?

Spike smiled. "It's okay Twi, honestly the ponies in Ponyville are pretty chill. There are a few jerks, like that Carver guy who runs the toy shop ugh, but overall folks have been really nice."

I smiled back. "Good to know."

We finished our food in a much more comfortable silence.

We deposited our wrappers in the trash and spike hopped on my back... We had to try and catch-

"Uh... Hey... Twi?"

I stopped. I turned to the little dragon. "Yes Spike?"

He twiddled his thumbs. "I just... I wanted to let you know, it took me a while, but... I'm really glad to have you as a... Sister? Mother? We never worked that out. The point is, I just wanted to let you know I still love you and I'm sorry if I've been distant."

There was a pause.

Then I picked him up with magic and gave him the tightest hug ever.

Spike squirmed. "Ack! Okay! I get it! You love me too. Are you planning on letting go any time soon?"

I thought about it...

"No." I said finally.

#

Twilight

The walls of the University of Fillydelphia's administrative office were not quite as impressive as some of the palaces I'd seen in Canterlot, but they were lined with gorgeous tapestries showing the university's august history. The discovery of teleportation theory, the first Equestria Games victory against the Griffon Kingdom, and many, many more triumphs were woven into the fabric.

But the University of Fillydelphia's quiet victories were even more impressive. They were the first to map and monitor the mana lines that knit the magic of the world together. It was diligent, slow work, but it was impossibly important for spellcasters drawing power from the earth and the detection of magical anomalies. If anyone in Equestria knew what was wrong with the magical background radiation, it would be them.

Spike and I made our way to the reception desk and found a somewhat flustered blue mare sitting behind the counter.

"P-Prince Dusk!" She sputtered.

I bit my tongue.

The receptionist (File Folder, if the name on the desk was right) gave me a small bow. "I am so sorry your highness, we had no idea you were coming, shall I contact the presid-"

I held up a hoof. "It's quite alright, and just T- Just Dusk is fine. This isn't an audit or anything, I'm just trying to clear something up."

She relaxed somewhat. "Of course Prin- I mean, of course Dusk, how can I help?" She folded her hooves and waited professionally.

I smiled. "Recently I sent a few letters to your magical survey department about a matter of some urgency and I was really hoping to talk the Department Head as he still hasn't responded. Would you have a map so I could..."

The mare's expression had grown somber.

I blinked. "Is... Is something wrong?"

She shook her head. "I'm afraid I know why he hasn't responded."

Spike tilted his head. "Why?"

The mare hung her head. "He was murdered several months ago."