• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 2,700 Views, 93 Comments

When Worlds Collide - Lon35hadow



An ancient evil awakens, prompting forces from three different worlds to band together and stop it

  • ...
18
 93
 2,700

The final battle Pt5-Finale

As the fact that Lone had sacraficed himself for them sunk in, the enforcers began to realize that Plasma, the one they had unquestionably followed, had tried to knowingly kill them. As soon as they reached htis, the orb of energy that had killed Lone, which was somehow still there, began to change in color from orange to emerald green, and began to expand.

"Damn it, I still can't move," Shadow said. He lit his horn but the glow quickly faded. "Can't teleport, either. We're all dead."

Eclipse said nothing, only closed her eyes, and waited for the orb to hit. If she had been paying attention, she would have felt her coat, mane, and tail change back to Luna's just before she was hit.

It continued to grow in size. When it reached Luna and the others, she expected to feel pain, but, instead, felt her body flow with energy and change in a similar way Celestia's body had while Solar was in control, and her armor change as well to that Nightmare and Celestia now wore, the color scheme situation being the same as theirs as well, which was to say her coat color was the primary, and her mane and tail when she had been freed from Nightmare became the secondary.

The energy expanded across the entire planet, and acros Equis, a similar change was happening with each and every pony, changeling, and griffon. All of those not involved in the fight against Plasma also had clothes put on them by the orb, and were freed from Plasma's control, the ponies losing their cutie marks.

When it had encompassed the entire planet, the orb collapsed on itself, it ending where it's center had been when it consumed Lone Shadow.


Lone was in pain. The last thing he remembered was taking that blast of energy from Plasma to save Shadow and the others.

"Wake up, Lone," he heard.

He opened his eyes, and was met with a rather elegant hospital room. It was lined with old, Greek like columns, but also had advanced medical tech, including what he recognized as stasis field generators.

He got up, and looked to his left, and was met with Harmony. "Hello, Lone."

"Harmony," he said, then looked to his right, and saw the Librarian. "Librarian," he said with a nod.

"Hello, Lone," she said.

"So. I guess I died?" he said. "Not surprised."

"No, you aren't, Lone," Harmony said, getting Lone's attention again.

"What do you mean," he said, getting off the bed he had been on.

"Simple. Do you remember the Element thta was mixed into my blood stream and was passed down to my son that way?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because," the Librarian said, walking to stand beside Harmony, "it works like a geas. It is passed down throughout generations, and this particular Element was."

"Indeed it is," Harmony said. "It was the first to be made, and is the most powerful of the Elements, along with Magic. You are quite familiar with it, as it has shaped your life. It is what made you and Shadow mature faster." At her words, Lone looked at her in surprise. "Yes, Lone. You are not only the descendant of Plasma and your namesake, but also mine. As such, you and your brother have inherited the one Element left to be found in our world.

"Sacrifice."

"Both you and Shadow have given much," the Librarian said. "But it is your most recent sacrifice that has given the Element enough power to awaken."

"You'll have a subconscience knowledge of how to work it at the power I intended both it and the other Elements to work," Harmony said. "All of them, including those that Metamorpha and her friends use.

"And don't worry," She said. "We convinced the council to allow you, Shadow, John, and Maruco to stay. In fact, I was able to convince them to allow you four to become Knights of the Nexus, much Like Nightengale, which means the four of you will be able to travel between universes at will, as well as take other with you if needed."

"Return to your home, Lone Shadow," Librarian said. "Return, and defeat Plasma. It is, and alway has been, your destiny."

Lone nodded, and his vision faded to white.


Luna looked over her new body, and looked at the others. She saw that they all had the same build as her now, but the odd thing was that Solar and Chaos were there. Along with Celestia and Shadow, and they appeared as surprised as her. A light caught her attention, and she and the other turned to look at it, and she was happily surprised when she saw Lone, as well as Fear, in the air, their wings spread.

"How?" Plasma yelled.

"Easy," Lone said. "Those four Elements that you 'destroyed'? One was actually infused into Harmony's DNA, and passed to her descendants. By the way," he said, holding his hand up, palm out and facing skyward. Four Emeralds appeared, each a different shape. Four more appeared, these a different shape as well. "Me and Shadow are said descendants."

At this, six of the emeralds flew away from Lone. One stayed above his palm, shaped like a simple circle. Another went in front of Fear, who had the same armor as Lone, and the one that was in front of him had a spear shape to it. He grabbed it, and, in his hand, a double-pointed spear appeared. Lone did the same, and a katana with a black hilt and green blade appeared in his hand.

One made it's way to Shadow and Chaos. Cautiosly, they reached out, and nothing happened. "Imagine it as a weapon," Lone yelled. They did so, and both of their emeralds, the same as Lone and Fear's respectively in terms of shape, and, in Shadow's hands, a dual edged sword appeared, while in Chaos' hand, a flail appeared.

The remaining four made their way to and stopped infront of Celestia, Luna, Solar, and Nightmare. "I guess I should also say that this Element can be divided into smaller parts, and the main bearer decides who the pieces go to." Luna, whose piece of the Element resembled a crescent moon, and Celestia, whose piece looked like the sun in shape looked at one another, and nodded. They took a hold of the pieces of the Element in front of them, and in Celestia's hand, a spear/ax hybrid weapon appeared. In Luna's, a shot sword appeared, the cross guard having a crescent moon, with the hilt leading into the moon part of it, and the black leading into the actual sword. On the bottom of the hilt was a small, green emerald representing a star.

Solar and Nightmare, who were next to each other, looked at one another. "You surprised?" Nightmare asked.

"Mostly," Solar said as she grabbed her piece, and a pole-ax appeared in her hand, thd blade being green and the hilt being an orange-ish red.

"Fair enough," Nightmare said, and grabbed her piece, and a sythe with a green blade and navy blue hilt appeared in her hand. "I like it."

There was a flash of green light, and Plasma's former enforcers and those who bore an Element appeared in the center of the field between the castle and the hill closest to the remains of Canterlot.

"Good to have you guys back," Lone said to Metamorpha and the others.

"Uh, Lone," Metamorpha, who wore prefect like every other pony and changeling government leader now, said. "What's going on?"

"Explanation later," Fear said, smiling under his helmet. "Right now, I think it's time we do a little killing."

"Agreed," Chaos said.

To Metamorpha, Chitinia, and the other original six Element beaers, Lone said, "Make the Elements weapons, guys. It will become what ever you think it will be, as long as it's a weapon that would go in the dark ages, like a sword or bow. Just take the Element in your hand and imagine it as a weapon. And if I'm right, if you go bow, it'll make arrows using it's own magic when you make a string pulling motion."

"Guess I'll go next," Rainbow, wearing the strider armor with a primary of cyan and rainbows for the secondary, said as she grabbed her Element, and dual short swords with red blades apeared in her hands. "Awww, yeah."

Here, with the entirety of the reinforcements and lone team, all of whom had a combination UNSC/Alliance marine outfit on, the shoulder and knee pads being UNSC with the helmet being Alliance, modified for obvious reason, with the chest peice being a mix of the two styles, stood behind them. John, at the front of the group, moved to stand beside them, but Nightengale stopped him. "This is their fight," he said. "The last line of the prophecy said that shadows will fight for supremacy, and if anything," he gestured to Lone and the others, "they're, in one way or another, shadows."

It was here that Plasma laughed. "You think you can defeat me?" he said, and raised his hands, and, from the ground, an army of the true undead, flesh rotting and limbs missing, eyes blank. "Not even you can defeat these!"

Under his helmet, Lone smiled. He turned his head to face John and the others. "You guys mind taking care of those things? We a dance, and I know I don't want to miss it."

Nightengale nodded. "We'll take care of it."

"Damn right we will," Zaeed said. "I always wanted to blast zombies back to hell."

"I hear that," Maruco said as another Spartan handed him a few extra drums for his S.AW..

"Oh, Maruco, I forgot something," Lone said."

"What?"

"This." Lone's horn lit, and Honest AJ appeared in the air in front of it's owner.

"Fuck. Yes," Maruco said as he put the S.A.W on his back and grabbed his DMR.

By this point, Metamorpha and the others had made weapons out of their Elements. Fluttershy, wearing thestalker armor, had a short sword whose blade matched the pink of her Element. Applejack, wearing a mix of the solider for the helmet, warrior for the chest, and ricochet for shoulders with bulk legs and arms, had gone with a hammer, but if one looked, it looked like it had a flame on the flat side, the hammer itself being the orange of her Element. Pinkie, wearing a mix of recruit for helmet, air assualt for chest, scout for right shoulder, recon for left with countoured leg and amr armor, had, for better or worse, went with flintlocks. It was close enough to that time period, plis it was Pinkie, so it actually made sense. She tested them out by firing them into the undead horde, though more rose to take the place of those she killed. They automatically reloaded, and the muzzle flash was the cyan of her Element. Chitinia ,wearing prefect helmet, chest, and shoulders with countoured leg and arm armor, had gone with a bow, the bow and string being the purple of her Element. She had drawn the string back to test it, and an arrow did appear. She eased it back into rest, and the arrow disappeared. Metamorpha, who wore a scanner helmet with the otherwise standard recruit armor, had decided to go with what looked like a pole-arm that could bend with application of the users magic, the end blades colored lavender.

Lone used his magic to summon a single rapier and gave it to Cadence. "You trust me after what I did?" she asked, to which Lone gestured to Solar and Nightmare.

"That, plus I know you want Plasma dead for Shining."

"Fair enough," Cadence siad, taking the sword in her hands.

"The let's go," Lone said as he bagan a walk towards Plasma and his army, with Lone's allies doing the same behind him.

After just ten steps, not even a tenth of the distance, the roar of engines could be heard, and broadswords came flying overhead, and fired missiles into Plasma's army. With this, Lone began to run to his destination his sword out by his side. All the others followed suit, and those with ranged weapons began to fire.

When the two armies met, Lone sliced more then a dozen of the zombies in nthe first three seconds. He jumped up onto one and used it as a platform, moving along the heads of Plasma's newest army while slicng down with his sword, cutting even more down. Luna, Metamorpha, Rainbow, Fluttershy,, Cadence and Shadow did much the same, using their swords to cut the heads of the zombies off. Celestia, Nightmare, Solar, and Fear stabbed at the zombies while continuing to move, and Chaos simply swung his flail and brained them. Eve with this, though, there were still many that had to be killed. The UNSC, Alliance, and those from the Nexus stayed behind to take care of Plasma's army, while Lone and the others made their ay through the mob, killing any stupid or unlucky enough to be caught in their path.

Just as they were about to clear the army, Plasma raised both his normal hands, and a platfor began to rise out of the ground, him at the center of it. It rose higher then the castle, and boulders came out of it's sides and began to circle around it. Still running, Lone and the other alicorns, as well as the two changelings, spread their wings and took those who couldn't fly in their magic, and began to ascend, avoiding the rocks, or just plain sliced through them, the Element blades being able to cut through anything, including solid rock.

Nearly five minutes later, they made it to the top of the pillar. They went just a little higher, then came down for a landing, the alicorns relaeasing their magic as they did so.

"So, you made it up here," Plasma said. "It matters not. My new army is limitless, and your allies can not defeat it, not without my death. And unlike so many other villains, I'm not going to jinx myself."

"We don't need you to jinx yourself, Plasma," Lone said, raising his sword and pointing it at Plasma. "We can beat you with out that help."

"Do you wish to test that theory," Plasma said, using his abilities to summon four blades, one for each hand/claw.

"Who said it was a theory?" Lone said, and he and the others charged.

Plasma brought the sword in his upper left hand up, then swung downward with enough force that when Lone, Luna, Celestia, and Shadow doged it, it creacted a small hole in the ground. Chitinia took to the air and drew her bow, three aroows appearing, and she let them loose. They impacted on Plasma's chest armor, and exploded, causing scorch marks to appear and even knock Plasma back a little. Plasma brought his lower right claw to the ground, and swept the ground with the blade, though this was jumped over by everyone. While they were in the air, though, Plasma brught his upper right sword down diagonally and his lower left horizontally. Lone teleported the others out of the way, and used his sword to block both strikes.

"You'll have to try better than that," Lone said as he used his left hand to push his sword forward with enough force to cause Plasma to stagger back, though he was still no where near the edge.

Once he was back on the ground, Lone yelled, "PINKIE! CHITINIA! NOW!!"

Chitinia, holding Pinkie in her magic, flew level to Plasma's head, and the two fired their weapons at him as quickly as possible, though Plasma used his swords to block the shots, and he regained the ground he had lost, as well as took a little ground.

"Why do you continue to fight me?" Plasma said. "You know I am practically a god by definition, so why do you persist?"

"Because, Plasma," Fear said, getting his spear into a thrwoing postion, then throwing it at Plasma, striking him in the upper arm where the armor didn't protect. He used his magic to bring it back, and a spurt of red blood followed. "Gods don't bleed."

Plasma snarled, and dropped the two upper swords, letting both fall to the ground. He let both arms down to the side, and twin orbs of energy appeared and he crossed his two remaining swords. "Come on, then. If you believe you can kill me, then surely you can try."

"Be careful what you wish for," Lone said. He then teleported just above Plasma, and let gravity affect him. He teleported just above Plasma's left arms. "PLASMA!!"

Plasma looked up, which allowed Luna and the others to attack him. As soon as the top arm was in range of his sword, Lone did a vertical slice, using his magic to increase the range of the blade, and fell to the ground, Plasma's right arms, falling to the ground, blood spurting from what was still on his body.

"AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!" Plasma yelled in pain. "You will pay for that," he said as he created ethereal arms to take the place of theose he lost, as well as a single ethereal blade to go with the lower.

Lone teleported to where the other were. "How are we going to win this," Cadence asked.

"Easy," Nightmare said. "We keep cutting until he doesn't make new limbs."

"I like that plan," Solar said.

"Agreed," Fear said. "Short and simple."

"Then let's get to it," Chaos said.

They rushed him again, only Plasma leaped backwards off the pillar arena, and kept himself afloat, launching rocks at them the whols time.

"I got this," Shadow said as he leaped off the pillar, and onto the first boulder, then leaped off of it to the next, them the next, and again, repeating the process until he had closed in on Plasma, using his sword to do to Plasma's left arms, what Lone did to his right, then teleported back to the others, though the victory was short lived as Plasma created ethereal limbs to replace his left ones as well.

"You can't kill me by cutting of fmy limbs. I can simply replace them," Plasma said.

"AJ, up for a little flight?" Lone asked Applejack.

"Eeyup," she said.

"Then hold on. Pinkie Chitinia, give us some covering fire," Lone said as he grabbed Applejack in his magic, and the two flew off.

As expected and hoped for, Plasma was too busy deflecting the shots from Pinkie and Chitinia to notice Lone and Applejack. "Get ready!" Lone yelled, as the two were moving quickly. "Wait for it!. . . . . . . . . . NOW!!" Lone said as he flung Applejack at Plasma, her hammer poised to strike. She made it past Plasma's defenses, and hit him on the head with the flat of her hammer, causing an explosion large enough to dent his helmet and send her flying back to Lone, who caught her in his magic. "Nice hit," he said as the others flew or were carried up to them.

"Thank you," she said.

From where they all hovered, a single dent was visible on Plasma's helmet. He removed it, and there was a stream of blood coming down his face. "That was impressive, I'll admit," he said. "But it is still useless," he said as he brought more rocks up from the ground.

"We need to get him to the ground so John and the others can help us," Lone said.

"How?" Nightmare said. "He won't yield that easily."

"Neither will we," Fear said, charging Plasma, Lone, Chaos, and Shadow close behind.

Solar, Nightmare, Celestia, and Luna looked at each other, then nodded. They then flew after those that had taken their hearts, and Metamorpha, Chitinia, Cadence, and those they carried flew close behind.

Just as they came close to Plasma, he disappeared, then reappeared just above his dark castle.

"Damn it, there's no way we can hit him, let alone kill him," Chaos said.

"Yes, there is," Lone said. "Shadow, remember what Harmony told us about what happens when an Element aborbs more energy then it was designed to?"

"Lone, what do you mean?" Luna said.

"He plans on absorbing Plasma's arms into his part of the Element," Shadow said. "If he's right, which I am conflicted on if I hope he's right or wrong, then the arms will keep regenerating, and, eventually, the Element will explode, taking Plasma, and Lone, with it."

"Lone, you can't," Luna said, her voice cracking. "I can't lose you again."

"You won't," Lone said. "Shadow, when this is done and if my plan works, tell, Nightengale and Robin to take the others to the Nexus."

"Lone, there has to be another way!" Nightmare said.

"If there is, I don't know of it."

They were all quiet for a few seconds before Luna spoke up. "If that is the case, then I'm going with you."

"Me too. I am you, after all," Fear said.

"Guys, this is-"

"Our fight," Rainbow said. "All of us, Lone. We aren't going to turn our backs on you, especially not after you and the others saved us."

"You're sure about this? All of you?" Lone asked, to which they all nodded. Under his helmet, Lone smiled. "In that case, I got something for you, Cadence," he said as a heart shaped emerald appeared in front of the alicorn of love. She took it in her hand, and a green bladed rapier appeared in her hand, the normal one vanishing.

"Let's go," Lone said as he turned to face Plasma, and he and the others all flew off to fight the last precursor.

As they got closer, Plasma launched numerous orbs of energy at the group. Those with some kind bladed weapon sliced at them, and they noticed that the energy was absorbed by the blades. Chaos simply batted the orbs coming at him away, his flail absorbing the energy, and Pinkie and Chitinia shot the orbs, though they could not tell if their weapons were absorbing anything.

As they flew, they also noticed that less zombies were down below, which meant either A: they were stronger than the others, B: Plasma was getting weaker, or, and most likely, C: Plasma was using as much of his energy as possible to fight them which meant he couldn't reanimate his army as quickly as before.

Just a few hundred feet away from Plasma, a streak of metal made it's way past Lone and the others. Lone turned to fly with his back down, and, to his amazement and a bit of happiness, saw two UNSC destroyers, three citadel frigates, three covenant corvettes, and, at the front of the triangle, was the Tip of the Spear.

"You still there, Lone?" he heard Artemis ask over the radio

"Barely," Lone said as he turned back over. "Just exactly why did you fire a MAC round close to us," he said as said projectile hit plasma, shredding the chest armor he had on.

"Just to see how close I could cut. Now, do you need help?"

"It'd be welcome," Lone said.

"Then tell the others to hold on to their teeth," Artemis said as six more MAC rounds, two from each destroyer and from the Spear, were fired, and rocketed past the group, and three rounds of plasma was fired from the covenant ships, and mass accelerator shots from the citadel ships. Plasma simply altered the MAC trajectories where they would miss, held out his top left hand and stopped the plasma in it's tracks, and began to oscillate it around him, protecting him form the accelerator shots. "Damn it, firing missiles," Artemis said just as well over a hundred archer missiles were let loose and made their way to Plasma, quickly catching up to and surpassing Lone and the others.

Many of them swerved to avoid the orbs of plasma surrounding the last precursor and hit him, causing him to lose his concentration, and the orbs of super heated gasses dissipated, while the other missiles hit the plasma before they dissipated.

The ships continued their onslaught, though Plasma, in one way or another, avoided taking serious damage, and gave the group cover to approach him. Lone sliced at his legs, getting Plasma's attention, then flew back to where the others were. As he did so, he noticed something. He doesn't try to heal the smaller wounds. Maybe we can use that.

"I admire your persistence," Plasma said, "but even you must realize how futile it is."

"Not exactly, Plasma," Lone said. "Artemis, have every single ship in orbit target him with their weapons. If they have any, make sure they fire their equivalent of armor piercing ammo."

"On it, Lone. Don't see why that type specifically, but on it."

"What are you planning, Lone," Shadow whispered.

"Trust me," Lone said.

"What are you waiting for, Lone Shadow," Plasma said. "I thought you wished to kill me!"

"I do, Plasma. I'm just waiting for something."

"And what might that be?" Plasma said as a loud thunder clap could be heard.

"That," Lone said as a single MAC round made it's way to Plasma. It hit him in the chest, and penetrated his armor, though the wound was quickly healed. As soon as it impacted, Lone said, "Get out of here, guys," to Luna and the others, excluding Fear, Shadow, and Chaos. "This is a fight our ancestor started, and we're going to finish it."

"Lone, I said it before:I'm not leaving you," Luna said. "None of us are."

"Luna, you need to get out of here. All of you do. This may very well result in our deaths," Lone said, referring to himself, Shadow, Fear, and Chaos, "and I don't want you or anyone else killed by what might happen. I won't stand down on this."

"Fine," Luna said, tearing up under her helmet as she pulled Lone into a hug, which he returned. "Just make sure to come back."

"I will," Lone said, pulling out of the hug. "I promise."

He, his brother, and their dark sides, then flew off to fight Plasma, but not before Luna whispered to herself, "Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it.

With that, Luna and the others, not wanting to, flew back down to help the armies with clean up.

"You sure about this, Lone?" Shadow asked.

"Not really."

"Great," Chaos said sarcastically.

As they neared, Plasma, what appeared to be silver rain began to fall from they sky, but the explosions that popped up when they hit the ground said other wise. The four thestralicorns(1) were able to avoid the few that came close to them with ease, while Plasma, though he was able to redirect a very large portion of the shots, was unable to due to his size, but he made up for it by projecting a shield over himself. "We need to break his concentration," Lone said, urgency in his voice

"How?" Shadow asked

"Aim for his body in general with small injuries. If we can make him lose enough blood, he'll get light headed, and get filled with holes."

"Right," Shadow said, with Fear and Chaos nodding. "So his legs?"

"Bingo."

With that, the four of them angled downward until they were level with Plasma's lower legs, which would give them clear cutting lines on the arteries in that area, as well as the bones. Before they could get close, though, there was an explosion that knocked them to the ground, knocking their helmets off.

As Lone got up, he grimaced in pain and coughed, which simply enhanced the pain. "You guys all right?" he asked.

"We're alive," Fear said.

"Good," a voice that belonged to Plasma said as he walked out of the dust cloud from the explosion in his human form. "That means I can kill you all myself."

Lone and the others, their armor missing parts and scorched got up off the ground, their weapons in their hands. "If that's the case, Plasma, I hope you have a shit ton of blood in your system, because you're going to need it," Lone said, coughing up blood at the end.

"I doubt it," Plasma said. "Even I can tell that you have internal bleeding and fractured ribs. You will not survive long."

Lone chuckled, despite the pain in his chest, then broke out into a full on laugh. "You think just because we die, that will mean the end of the uprising, Plasma?" he said. "It won't. We'll become martyrs for the survivors, inspiring them to continue the fight, even if we lose. Even if you kill us, Metamorpha, and the others who wield an Element, it won't matter, because a great sacrifice inspires Loyalty, Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, Laughter, and those five make Magic, literally. If you do kill all of us, others will rise against you, become the new bearers, and defeat you." Lone stood straight, his sword pointed to Plasma. "But it won't come to that, because we will defeat you here and now, even if we die in the process. You won't bring another universe to it's knees again. That, I will make sure of." Lone then dropped his sword, letting it fall to the ground, and moved his arm to his thigh, where a single energy sword hilt lay. He drew it and activated the blade, the three colors seeming to shine brighter. He raised his arm up, and put his elbow in his left hand. "One last duel, Plasma. One on One, with only a single sword. No magic, no special abilities other then flight. Just ourselves."

After a few seconds of silence, Plasma said, "Very well," allowing the sword in his left to fall to the ground. "I will honor your last request, Lone Shadow. Fell honored, because this will be the only time I do so for any of my enemies."

"On that, we can agree," Lone said.

Lone and Plasma closed the gap between themselves, and lunged. Their swords met in the middle with a glorious, multi-colored shower of sparks. Lone put pressure into his hand, causing him and Plasma to lock their blades. "You are much more resiliant then I would have expected, Lone Shadow," Plasma said. "I did not think you still had this amount of strength in you."

"You'd be surprised what we sapients can do when we have something to protect," Lone said, thinking back to Luna. (00:41)"And I have a lot to protect."

Lone punched Plasma in his face with his left hand, causing him to stagger back and releasing Lone's sword, which allowed him to create a tornado of strikes. It was a slow one, but it allowed Lone to keep Plasma on the defensive. On the tenth swipe, Plasma retaliated before the eleventh could be delivered, and gave Lone a large cut on his torso, just blow the ribs.

Lone then walked back, holding the fresh cut in his left hand with his energy sword raised, while Plasma strode forward. Once he was close, Plasma tried to deliver a decapitating blow with his sword, but Lone blocked it, holding his sword to where it pointed to the sky, determination in his eyes. He then pushed his sword to the left, pushing Plasma's sword to the left, and delivered his own strike on Plasma's waist, cutting into the bone, the wound cauterized from the heat of the plasma.

"Impressive," Plasma said. "None have hit me in a sword duel before. Not even your namesake did so." Plasma smiled. "It still does you no good, as you allowed flight," he said as demonic wings sprouted from his back, and he took flight, Lone following behind him, despite the pain. When they were as high as the castle in the background, a good five stories, they stopped, and faced one another yet again.

In the fields below, Plasma's army had been defeated, Lone's third and second guess both being true to a degree, and all looked at the two combatants. All had seen the explosion, as well as who had been in the range of it, and they knew Lone was badly injured, but those who could cast healing spells were too far away to do so. "Come on, Lone," Luna whispered, putting all her hope and love for Lone behind those words. "I know you can win this."

Lone coughed up more blood his teeth stained red. He still smiled, though. "Come on, Plasma. It's time we finished this."

"Agreed." With that, the two rushed each other, and delivered a single slice, and a roar of pain rang out. An arm fell to the ground far below, blood spilling from it's previous owner.

"AGHHHHH!" Lone screamed as his arm was cut off.

"Die," Plasma said in a cold voice before he punched Lone back down to the ground, a crater appearing upon impact. Plasma hovered down to the crater, landing in front of Lone. He took Lone's neck in his hand, as well as his arm and weapon as trophies in his other, and made his way to the top of the crater rim, so that all could see his victory. Upon reaching the rim, he held Lone up so that everyone could see. "No," Luna whispered in despair.

"This is the only one of you who stood a chance against me, and he has failed, and you will all see the punishment for treason, and then you will submit to me," Plasma said as he let Lone's severed arm fall, and took his energy sword in his own hands, and activated it. Lone was struggling to stay awake now, both from blood loss and the trauma the fight had given him, but he still saw Plasma raise the energy sword.

He closed his eyes, and waited for it to come down. But then, he heard a yell from the one who had his heart

"LONE!! WAKE UP!!" Luna yelled.

Lone's eyes jolted open, and just as the sword fell, he grabbed Plasma's wrist with his one remaining hand. "Nice try," he said before he forced Plasma's wrist down, the adrenaline in his system giving Lone enough strength. He then kicked Plasma in the chest with enough force that a might and resounding crack could be heard, and Plasma let go of both Lone and the energy sword, which Lone caught in his hand, and fell down the crater, right next to his sword.

Plasma took hold of his sword and got up just in time to see Lone closing in on him, the energy sword to his side. When he was close, Plasma sliced horizontally, and time seemed to slow down. Lone bent down, avoiding the sword, and pushed up, his gaunleted arm pushing up on the blade, causing it to point to the sky. Just as Plasma was recovering, Lone spun around, and pointed his sword forward. Just as he completed the three-sixty, he thrust his sword forward through Plasma's chest. He pulled closer. "That's for corrupting Luna." He then ripped the sword upwards, the blades exiting from Plasma's head, blood leaking out. Lone kick the corpse with his leg, causing it to fall to the ground, what was left of it's face looking at the sky. "That's to make sure you're dead," Lone said with a smile, coughing up more blood. He then fell to his knees, his left arm going limp and his sword falling to the ground deactivated. He then fell to his back. He looked up at the sky, and smiled again.

"Lone, hold on," he distantly heard, his vision becoming narrow. "The medics are on their way."

The last thing Lone saw was Luna's face, much the same as it was before her transformation, looking at him with concern. Then darkness enveloped him.

Author's Note:

(1)Inspired by this fic.

(Spreads arms) That, my friends, is the last of the fight chapters. But worry not, for there are still a few chapters left.