• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 2,700 Views, 93 Comments

When Worlds Collide - Lon35hadow



An ancient evil awakens, prompting forces from three different worlds to band together and stop it

  • ...
18
 93
 2,700

Departure

Luna was immensely worried for Lone. I t had been three days since he, Shadow, and the Spartan had fainted, and maybe not even that, because at least then, she would have detected something, but she hadn't been able to with any of them. Right now, she, Celestia, Metamorpha, and Applejack were all waiting in the infirmary for their respective lovers, while the others were trying to find out what happened, and they had no clue.

"Oh, my head," the lunar alicorn heard from next to her. She turned and saw Lone getting up, rubbing his temples.

"LONE!" Luna yelled as she took him in in a large hug.

"GAH! RIBS, LUNA, RIBS," Lone yelled as the others woke up, all of them rubbing their heads.

Giggling, Luna broke the hug and said, "Whoops. Sorry, Lone."

As Lone and the others got up and stretched, Celestia asked, "What happened to all of you?"

After a slight hesitation on all the parts of those who were unconscious, Shadow said, "No idea. Why?"

"Because it's been three days since you all passed out," Metamorpha said.

"Three days," Maruco said in a surprised tone, and he really was surprised, as the few time he had spoken with The Librarian had always been the same time frame. Talk with her for half an hour, it's a half hour in the real world. This one had felt like it was only ten minutes in total, but three days had passed.

"Yeah," Applejack said, though she said it glumly. "We were afraid that you might have gone into a coma."

"Which isn't possible," Luna said, "as I would have still felt your minds, but I didn't, as if you were empty, mindless husks. I, we, were all worried that none of you would wake up."

"Hmph," Maruco said, "do you not realize who you're talking about Luna. Six motherfucking badasses. I doubt death could stop us. It sure as hell didn't stop John."

"Back in your dimension, maybe," Celestia said, "but I doubt that what ever it was that supposedly killed John-"

"A Halo ring, and a Havoc tactical nuke, among who knows what else," Ken said, "and keep in mind, when the rings were first fired, nothing survived them, which means John was lucky as hell to do so. And he just keeps making his own luck, Celestia."

After a second of collecting her thoughts, as well as her jaw from the floor, Celestia said, "Ragrdless, there are things you haven't encountered before, and even Luna and I can barely defeat them." It was obvious that there were small hints of anger in her voice.

"That's because, Celestia," Ken said, getting a little pissed himself, "you haven't seen a Spartan in action yet, let alone four of them."

"And you haven't seen two alicorn princesses at full strength. I can personally arrange half of that, thought," Celestia said, nearly fuming.

Oh, buck/fuck me, Lone, Lily, and Shadow thought at the same time, as they had a good idea of what made the two become antagonistic so quickly. It got worse.

"Uh, Celestia," Applejack said, walking to Maruco's side, "maybe he's right."

"Applejack, how can you say that?"

"Because he's right, Metamorpha. We don't know what they're fully capable of doing, and we don't know what they've faced before."

"Have they faced Nightmare Moon before? Discord? Sombra? Tirek? No, they haven't. It was either us or our friends that dealt with them."

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE!?" they heard Hades yell outside the infirmary, but that didn't stop the argument.

"And you don't know what kind of technology we face every damn time!" Ken yelled. "Compared to the UNSC, you all are in the medieval times with tech, only barely matching late nineteenth century tech."

"Because we are not war mongering animals, unlike you and Hades' kind," Luna put her two bits in.

It was here that all of the others came into see what was going on. "Aw, hell," Zaeed said.

"Lone, what happened," Radiant said.

"No idea," Lone partially lied, "but we need to stop this now."

"Why," Sawn said. "Why not let them take care of this now."

"Because this may lead to blows," Maruco said as he joined them. "And I doubt a fist fight between them would end well for any involved, even on lookers.

"I must agree with the bird on this," Hades said.

"What did you just call me," Sawn said angrily to Hades.

"You heard me, bird," Hades spat in Sawn's face.

From there things just devolved into a scene of chaos that even Discord would find as overkill. The only ones not arguing were Maruco, John, Lone, and Shadow. "Well, this went south fast," Maruco said.

"Yep," Shadow said. "What do we do? It's common teaching that Plasma feeds on this, which is to say anger and mistrust."

"Just like the Sirens," Lone said.

"Our universe's mythological ones," John said, "or your actual ones?"

"Latter," Shadow said, shaking his head, looking at what was going on. They were lucky none of it had gone physical yet. "We need to stop this before it gets out of control. More so, I mean."

"Agreed," Maruco said, pulling out his magnum and shooting at the ceiling. Amazingly, his didn't stop any of the arguing. "That usually works," he said in a defeated tone as he saw Lone roll his eyes and walk to the infirmary entrance, a lime green aura around him.

He turned back to the groups, a look of determination on his face. He lit his horn, his magic having changed yet again, only this time, to a lime green, and it surrounded the room. "Cover your ears," Shadow said as he saw this, knowing what Lone was planning, and the tow Spartans did so.

Lone took in a deep breath, as if he was getting enough air into his lungs to dive to the bottom of the Marianas trench, and yelled, "ENOUGH!!

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL? MINDLESS ANIMALS, WHO LEAVE A CAUSE SIMPLY BECAUSE SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH YOU, OR PISSES YOU OFF, THAT'S WHAT! WE ARE ALLIES AGAINST A COMMON THREAT, NOT CHILDREN BICKERING OVER A SINGLE PIECE OF CANDY, UNLESS ALL OF YOU ARE MUCH MORE IMMATURE THAN YOU LET ON. IF EVERYBODY IN HISTORY DECIDED TO ARGUE LIKE ALL OF YOU, INSTEAD OF DOING SHIT, AND PUTTING OFF THE ARGUMENT UNTIL EVERYTHING'S SAID AND DONE, OR TAKING CARE OF IT WITH CALM MINDS BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF CONTROL, THEN WE WOULD FOREVER BE IN A STATE OF WAR! NOT EVEN THE LEAST SENTIENT RACE IS LIKE THAT. ARE YOU LESS THAN THOSE? OR, ARE YOU WILLING TO SET YOUR DIFFERENCES ASIDE TO REMOVE A THREAT TO ALL? WE ARE LONE TEAM, AND WE DON'T LET ARGUMENTS GET IN THE WAY OF AN OBJECTIVE, SO GET YOUR SHIT AND SHOVE IT, BECAUSE PLASMA WILL NOT GIVE YOU A PASS IF YOU HAVE A GRIEVANCE. EITHER YOU PROVE ME RIGHT, AND SHOW JUST HOW PATHETIC YOU ALL ARE BY CONTINUING THIS, OR PROVE ME WRONG, AND SHOW THAT YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!" After a second of silence, with many ears bleeding from the volume, which Shadow discreetly fixed, Lone said, "WELL? WHICH IS IT?"

Whatever had caused them all to fight, it was instantly counteracted by Lone's speech.

"He's right," Celestia said in a defeated tone. "I am sorry, Ken. I do not know what came over me. Can you forgive us?"

"There isn't a need to apologize, Celestia," Ken said, "we were both at fault. Regardless, I'm sorry as well." The others all apologized to the each other, though none knew what had caused them to become so antagonistic.

"That wet better than I though it would," Shadow said.

"What do you mean?" John asked.

"I thought it would have antagonized them more."

"Same here," Maruco said. "I'm worried, though, that Plasma somehow caused this somehow."

"Why?" Shadow asked.

"Because back home, he could control other people into arguing, and it often gave him a small power boost. It's not mind control, because the argument thing can be broken with the right wording and/or volume, which is why I used my pistol, which usually works."

"Then why didn't it, and Lone's speech did," John asked.

"No idea, but I have a feeling it has to do with that lime green aura that was around him the entire time," Maruco said.

"Wasn't it emerald green last time?" Shadow said.

"Yeah, it was. so what caused the color change?"

"Might have to do with you-know-what," Maruco commented.

"True, seeing as how it changed after that," John said before Lone spoke up from where he was.

"Okay, now that that's taken care of, we need to leave, now. Ken, Lily, Rainbow, Maruco: go and get the pelicans ready. Thel, Sawn, Hades, John, Zaeed, Garrus: Inventory of every weapon and bullet we have. Chrysalis, Metamorpha, Chitinia: get your disguises prepped. Shadow, I want you to give me the location of the Brotherhood's base. Everpony else: get ready to leave. NOW!!"

Everyone went to their assigned tasks, rushing out of the infirmary. Luna gave Lone a small kiss on her way out, and Celestia did the same to Shadow, which made him blush a little, while Applejack, awkwardly, due to the size difference, gave Maruco a heartfelt hug. Once the others had left, Shadow walked up to Lone.

"That was interesting, wasn't it," Shadow said

"Yeah," Lone said, "it was."

"So, anyway," Shadow said, "the Brotherhood's base is in the badlands, actually underneath the ground, and is on both sides of the border."

"Smart," Lone said. "If Celestia and the ponies marched on it, then the changelings in the bad lands would think it was an invasion, if it wasn't for a good portion of them being members of the team, but it would be devastating if they marched on them."

"The Conclave always was smart when it came to location decisions."

"The Brotherhood's leadership?"

"Yeah," the forest green unicorn said. "Fickle too. They took away my rank of Zealot, not that I want it now, gave it to Green Mist, then told me to being him back, and gave me the assignment to find you. Now, it's going to bite them in the flank."

"Yeah it will," Lone said as he and Shadow left the infirmary.

An hour later, everyone was at the library's entrance, those with weapons had them either at a ready position across their chest or on their backs, if possible. Lone was the last to walk out, saying his goodbye to Hermit. Once he was done, he joined the others, and sealed the door behind him with his magic.

"So," Ken said, "where we heading?"

"The Equestria-Badlands border," Lone said, with a hint of finality. "The location of the Brotherhood's base. We end this fight now."

"But how," Celestia asked. "They're an army, and we're barely a squad."

"A squad can do a lot, Sunbutt," Zaeed said with a joking tone, even though he was right. "I think we told you of what we did to the collectors with just a squad."

"Point taken," Celestia said grudgingly at the use of the nick name.

"Then lets move," Lone said, taking the lead to the Pelicans. Once they arrived a few minutes later, they boarded the ships, and took off to the south, towards the base.

As they left, though, Discord appeared in the Library next to Hermit.

"Hello, Brother," Hermit said. "I imagine that you've been busy."

"Indeed I have. It's a shame that Plasma made it so that his creations can't directly fight him," Discord said with venom. "Regardless, I have a message from you-know-who. She says that,, soon, the truth will come out, and you'll gain the power of the Gravemind, with the added power of not needing Biomass to create different forms. She says it will be needed for the final battle."

"I suppose that was inevitable," Hermit said. "I imagine that will be soon?"

"Ah, no spoilers for the readers."

"Fair point," Hermit said, as he and Discord both shard the ability to look into other dimensions, including ours.

"Well, it has been good to see you again," Discord said.

"And you as well," Hermit said as Discord disappeared.

Author's Note:

And thus, we are finishing his leg of the story next chapter, but not the story itself. There are still many plot twists left, and I want them all out. If you guys have a guess, leave it in the comments, or any grammar or inconsistencies with lore, let me know.