• Published 2nd Apr 2015
  • 3,063 Views, 17 Comments

Easter with Rainbow Dash and Soarin - Stardom Freedom



Rainbow Dash and Soarin spend a romantic Easter together.

  • ...
7
 17
 3,063

Easter with Rainbow Dash and Soarin

Rainbow Dash woke up in her cloud home.

"Ah, another day. I wonder what day it is." She flew to her calendar.

"Oh, it's April 5. Cool. Are there any holidays for today?" Rainbow shrugged nonchalantly.

In fact, there was. It was Easter Sunday.

"WHAT?! IT'S EASTER?! TODAY?!" Rainbow screamed.

Her pet tortoise, Tank, groaned from inside his shell.

Rainbow softened up. "Sorry, Tank. Go back to sleep."

After she heard soft snoring, she began to pace around her room.

"Easter. I hate Easter! Twilight always unexpectedly transports me to Carousel Boutique, Rarity stuffs me into a frilly dress, Pinkie straps a bunny ear headband on my head, Applejack gives me a basket that smells like rotten apples, and Fluttershy gushes over how 'adorable' I look, and then the others join in! UGH!!!!!!!"

The Pegasus mare looked at her clock. It was 9:00 a.m. Twilight always seemed to transport her to Rarity's shop at about 2:00 p.m. Five hours until the torture comes. Make them count!

Rainbow then got an idea. "If I can fly to Las Pegasus in five hours - which I bet I can - then maybe I'll be too far away for Twilight and the others to get me!"

She picked up a surprised Tank and said, "We're going to Las Pegasus for the day, T the T!"

She flew until she was tired, which was at 10:30.

"Only three hours and thirty minutes left! Oh, well. I bet I'm already halfway there!"

But she still saw familiar ponies.

Rainbow saw a gray Pegasus with a blonde mane and eyes looking in different directions.

"Hey, Derpy! What are you doing in New Mareico?" the speedy mare asked.

"What's New Mareico? We're in Ponyville. Oh, hey, I see Carrot Top! I'm gonna say hi to her!" Derpy clumsily flew away.

Rainbow's jaw dropped and she fainted, her eyes wide open. She stayed like that for a few hours, but then she was in Carousel Boutique.

She sat straight up. "Oh, no..." she muttered.

"Oh, yes! We're gonna make you pretty and fancy and a little darling for Easter!" Pinkie Pie hopped around the stiff mare.

"Pinkie, step back. We have to get Rainbow Dash into this dress I made for her, here." Rarity walked towards Rainbow Dash, using her magic to hold up a frilly purple dress with black lace forming an egg on the place where Rainbow's back would be, and red lining on the dress. The accessories were white horseshoes and gold earrings.

"No, Rarity! I am not wearing that!" Rainbow insisted.

"You have too! You're going to an Easter Egg Hunt with Soarin, so you must dress up with his presence." Rarity said.

Soarin was Rainbow Dash's current stallionfriend.

"No! I'm especially not wearing it in front of Soarin!" Rainbow yelled.

Rarity rolled her eyes and used her magic to tug the dress onto Rainbow.

Twilight immediately used her magic to cast a spell. "You now cannot take it off without my permission," the Alicorn declared.

Rainbow groaned.

Pinkie approached her with a cheerful smile as she put a bunny ear headband on Rainbow Dash.

"Now you're like the Easter Bunny!"

"Here's yerr basket for the hunt," Applejack said, handing Rainbow the infamous, rotten apple-scented basket.

"Oh, you look so cute!" Fluttershy gushed.

"AWWWW!" the others smiled.

Rainbow groaned.

Rarity looked at the time. "Oh! It's time for RD to go! Have fun!"

Everypony else waved at Rainbow as she walked off in sorrow.

Rainbow walked with her head hanging in embarrassment to the egg hunt.

When she got there, fillies and colts were getting ready to find eggs, and their parents were helping them. It brought more embarrassment to the mare's mood.

After a few minutes of waiting, Soarin finally came.

"Hey, RD!" he greeted.

"Hey, Soar." Rainbow sighed.

Soarin frowned. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"My friends! They forced me into this stupid outfit! Not only that, but I'm wearing it in front of you! And we're at an Easter Egg Hunt surrounded by a bunch of toddlers!"

Soarin blushed. "I think... it looks kinda cute on you,"

Rainbow blinked. "You're joking, right?"

"No! I really mean it!"

Rainbow blushed too. "Uh, thanks, I guess."

A mare, Amethyst Star, trotted to the front of the field.

"Welcome, fillies and colts to this 125th Annual Ponyville Easter Eggtravaganza! Let the Easter Egg Hunt begin!"

The foals ran out in the field, but Soarin and Rainbow trotted and talked, picking up eggs occasionally.

At the end of the hunt, everypony counted their eggs, and the couple pooled theirs.

"Hmm, 10 eggs in all. Wait... I didn't notice this one." Soarin showed Rainbow an egg with her face painted on it.

"Wow, these kids must really admire me to make this kind of egg." Rainbow smiled.

"Open it," Soarin encouraged.

Rainbow followed his instructions, and saw a sapphire ring inside.

"Oh, just somepony's lost engagement ring." the mare shrugged.

Soarin grabbed the egg. "Engagement ring? Then I know what to do with it."

The stallion went down on his knees. "Rainbow Dash, this is actually my ring, but I would like you to have it. Will you make me the happiest stallion in Equestria, and marry me?"

Rainbow gasped. "You idiot! Of course I will!"

She kissed Soarin on the lips and zipped off, the dress surprisingly coming off of her.

Soarin smiled. "That's my girl,"

Author's Note:

I'm about to PM this to Harmonic Brush as my entry for her SoarinDash fanfic contest.

If you want to enter, click here.

Wish me luck! And if you enter, good luck!

Comments ( 17 )

Cute, a little fast for me but I liked it.

It could have used a bit more background info like you could say Dash and Soar where dating but besides that good job! I found myself cracking up at just the thought of Rainbow's friends doing the whole easter bunny thing.

2Cute4Me! I'm writing my entry after I've finished chapter 1 of my Easter story

That was so adorable!!! :pinkiehappy:

Now that was too cute! :rainbowkiss: :pinkiehappy:

It's cute and all, but too fast.

Much fastness. So quick. Wow soardash.:rainbowkiss::rainbowwild:

5858100
Is that a compliment?

5858114 Good story, but maybe the marriage was a bit too fast. Still, much goodness:rainbowwild:

YOU, SIR, ARE MY FAVORITE AUTHOR.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS.

6232451
Thanks. And I'm a girl.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the fic!

"Oh, it's April 5. Cool. Are there any holidays for today?"

lol my nephew was born on this day and yay I liked this fanfic:rainbowkiss:

Yeah, I had to give this one a downvote.
Not because I dislike SoarinDash, far from it.
But more because I dislike the way the others treat RD on Easter in this story.
If RD had Pinkie Promised that she'd dress the way she did on this particular Easter, I wouldn't have much of an issue with it. But because they dress her up every year, despite her wishes, that just doesn't sit right with me, even with the AU tag.

Login or register to comment