• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 9,117 Views, 272 Comments

Trickster Priest - Fresnor



Equestria has to deal with monsters on a weekly basis but what happens when an actual monster shows up in the from as a once costumed human?

  • ...
29
 272
 9,117

Chapter 35

Author's Note:

A short chapter, but adds a little bit of extra stuff from the last previous few. :pinkiecrazy: I'm really in a slump with this story though as I'm not sure which of the episodes I should even bother using since most of the time Xellos would just sit back and enjoy the show so it wouldn't be worth visiting them. If nothing else I may just do a few big timeskips to important areas, or hilarious ones, as I move things along. Hmm, wonder how Rainbow Dash would react if Xellos ruined the next Daring Do book so it couldn't come out? :trollestia:

The princess of the sun let out a hefty sigh as she closed the doors to her personal quarters. After kicking off her hoofguards and tossing her raiment to the side, all landing in their appropriate storage areas from her years of practice doing so, she flopped down on her couch to reflect on the day. From the coronation of six new princesses, five more than she had prepared for, to the reactions of the nobles, she was completely drained from it all. Not that any but those closest to her could tell when she was out in public. So when a dark chocolate cake slathered with rich chocolate icing was lowered down from above she barely even twitched at the creature and lazily reached for the treat.

“This does not change anything. I am still mad at you for that little stunt of yours. Yet despite that you doing what you did makes me question just how serious you are about destroying the world when you make it harder for yourself.” Celestia glared at Xellos as she levitated the cake down to her mouth and took a bite out of it, letting out a small moan at the taste. The monster for his part just smirked as he sat down behind the couch looking away from the princess.

“Oh I'll figure out some way to work it into my goals. It's not like I have any plans of going through with it anytime soon. Besides, now I don't have to worry about a Nightmare Bookworm incident if we went through with your idea.” Celestia's ears perked up before she rubbed a hoof at her temple.

“Really? You did all this just because you worry that Twilight might fall like Luna did? Do you really doubt her that much?” The initial reply to her question was a snort of disbelief to her words.

“Oh sure it's possible that it won't happen to her, but until she fixes her bad habits I find it unlikely. As she is now it is more likely that when her friends start to die from age she will try to prevent it. The magic she knows won't do much so that just leaves the dark arts, and in the end...” He trails off as he lets the implications set in. Celestia briefly considers his words before shaking her head.

“It is a lesson that she will have to go through, that all immortals have to go through. Your changing the destiny of her friends will only hurt them all in the long run.” Xellos just rolled his eyes at her as he stood up.

“And here I thought I was supposed to be the evil one. If you truly believed that then your student shouldn't have her wings either. I wonder how she would react if she knew her mentor was so selfish.” The princess turned her head to glare at him over the back of the couch before she sighed, knowing that he was partially correct. She was tired of being alone and it was part of what had motivated her to send that spell to her student.

“Besides, it's not like she won't learn that lesson when her parents and brother die. At least now she will have more emotional support for when it does happen. That and I can't wait to see what my little niece can come up with over the centuries.” The last part he mumbled to himself just low enough for the princess not to hear it. She remained quiet as his words reached her, leaving her wondering if she did do the right thing. While she was lost in thought, the biped mover over to throw open the window before he glanced back one more time.

“Of course, even if I didn't meddle with the spell I did have another option. Though I doubt you would appreciate it if I made The Pledge of Immortality with them. Even if it wouldn't be the first time that I've done so. Hmm, that reminds me that she owes me once again as part of our agreement.” With that he took off out the window, leaving the princess staring after him wide-eyed.

<><><><><><><><><><>

“ACHOO!” Granny Smith rubbed at her nose as she looked around the kitchen while her grand daughter watched.

“Granny? Are you all right?” The elder mare looked down at Applebloom before she waved her off.

“Ah'm fine Applebloom. Just remembering a promise that I made years ago. Seems like an old friend is gonna be stopping by soon.” The filly looked at her granny oddly as she started pulling ingredients out of the various cupboards in the kitchen. Shrugging to herself she moved to help out however she could.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Xellos smiled as he flew away from Canterlot, leaving Princess Luna annoyed once more at his most recent prank. It had taken him a while to find a flute, a pineapple, and yo-yo, but the look on her face was totally worth it. As he wouldn't be welcome around Canterlot for a while, he was coasting over Ponyville when he spotted a familiar figure that was glaring up at him at the edge of town. With a smirk he floated down to the figure and hovered above him.

“Well now isn't this a surprise. It's been a long time since I've had a chance to speak with you again, old friend.” The figure just glared at him with his arms crossed, tapping his foot, before pointing an accusing appendage at him.

“Oh, don't give me that Xellos! You know as well as I that we haven't been friends for a long time! Not since you betrayed us like that!” The monster, for his part, leaned forward until he planted his staff on the ground before resting his hands atop it and his chin atop those.

“Oh, don't tell me you never expected it when you learned that Lord Beastmaster was setting her plot in motion. I would have thought you would have expected it to happen since our whole relationship worked like that. I help you, you do stuff for me, I betray you, you escape and smack me upside the head... That's how it's been ever since we met, Zelgadis.” Zelgadis glared at the monster for a moment before he sighed grumpily.

“It doesn't mean I have to like it. Especially after you cursed me with this form!” He stomped his tiny foot at Xellos as his glare increased once again.

“But I thought you enjoyed this new form. You've been getting all the ladies now that you are fluffy again instead of being rock hard. I mean, just look at who you are with now.” At being reminded once again of his companion, the smaller figure's glare intensified as he tried to set the monster on fire with his mind.

“And that's another thing. Just what do you think you are doing to her?! Don't you know how badly she is cut out for being the center of attention?! Now you go and turn her into an alicorn where she is crowned as a princess?! I guess I was wrong when I thought you were actually becoming friends with those mares.” He sounded disappointed at the end of his rant, though it had no effect on Xellos as he was just as cheery as ever.

“This coming from the one that probably torments her the most out of anyone in an effort to toughen her up. Oh don't be surprised, I've seen the things you've done and it's not because you always enjoyed being the heartless mystical swordsman you acted like. You actually care about her just like you did with little Miss Justice back then.” This brought a blush to the others face as he crossed his arms and turned away.

“Shut up! It's not like that at all! I just can't stand seeing someone so strong act so helpless.” Xellos chuckled at his old friend before he stood straight up and stretched his arms above his head with his staff between them.

“Besides, it's not all about her. I'm interested in seeing what all of them can do over the years, especially my adoptive niece. That family has always been entertaining and she's the most interesting so far. How could I not make sure she lives a very long time? Besides, now you actually have a good friend that can help you with this little problem of yours. In fact I'm betting that she has the best chance of turning you back to your old self once again, Mister Zelgabunny.” The tiny figure glared up at Xellos for bringing up that old hated nickname that was used during that one Artimae Tower incident before the rest of his words registered with him. With a great leap he threw himself at the monster and grabbed ahold of his collar in a deathgrip.

“What?! There's actually a cure?! What is it! Tell me!” Xellos smirked as he brought a hand up in front of him and pointed a solitary finger upwards.

“That, my dear boy, is a secret!” With that he disappeared from view, leaving the dumbstruck form to fall to the ground. After a moment he let out a growl of fury as he kicked at the ground in front of him in anger. After a few minutes of venting his rage at the air around him he gave out a sigh, before twitching an ear as he heard something. With a lighter heart, Angel Bunny bounded his was back to the cottage where his master/friend Fluttershy was calling for him.