• Published 4th Apr 2015
  • 907 Views, 12 Comments

Four Eyes - LuRose98



Cloudy Skies daughter of Pinkie Pie and Pokey discovers new hope when she has to get glasses

  • ...
2
 12
 907

Glasses

"Ogffh ow." I exclaimed after bumping into yet another wall at school

"Are you alright Sky?" My twin sister Sugar came rushing towards me as I rubbed my head in pain

"Oh I'm fine Sug. It's just another wall. No big deal."

"Well since this is the third wall you've bumped into today, I think that's super duper extremely big deal." Sugar said

Api, Echo, Nighty , and Pixel came rushing towards me and Sugar after I got back on my feet.

"We heard a crash. Is everything alright?" Echo asked

"Well no bruises, but it was a pretty bad fall." Sugar answered

"Hasn't this already happened today?" Api asked

"Yeah twice." Pixie explained "Once on the way to class. And another on the way back from the bathroom."

I got frustrated as my friends were talking about me in front of me.

"Umm guys I'm right here. And can we please not talk about this? I'm fine that's all that matters."

"We're just looking out for you Sky." Sugar said

"Well please don't be so concern about my eyesight." I stormed out of the hallway but bumped into the lockers with Sugar, Echo, Pixel, Nighty, and Api rushing after me.


Later that night, I was trying to read a book for class in my room but I had to put it up really close to see the words. Then I heard a knock on the door. My parents came in.

"Cupcake we need to talk." My mom said

"Yeah. What is it?" I asked as I sat down on my bed

"Cloudy we've heard from some of your teachers and even Sugar that you keep having headaches and have a hard time getting around in school." My dad said

"No I'm not." I panicked "That's not true."

"Cloudy Skies Pie Pierce please don't lie to us." My mom took my cheeks and made me look her in the eye. "Aunt Applejack has taught you better."

"I'm sorry but I don't understand why everyone's making rush a big deal out of this."

"Because we care about you honey." Dad said "Sugar told us, you've bumped into things four times today alone."

"So we've decided to take you to the eye doctor tomorrow at 4. And you better no whine, complain or ditch Miss Missy, or no sweets for a week." Mom threatened "Got it?"

"Yes Mom." I said resigned to my fate

"Oh please don't be sad Cupcake. We're doing this because we love you." Mom comforted me while stroking my hair "Tell you what, why don't we go down and have some the leftover brownies from that Cutiecernara last weekend."

"Ok." Sweets always made me feel a little better


"What can you see?" The eye doctor said as she put another lens in the eye machine the next day

"It's still blurry. Dr. Corina." I replied looking at the chart

"What do you see now?"

"A giant worm!"

This caused Mom and Dad to panic until Dr Corina reveal it to be a caterpillar on the lens and put it back on the plant by the window.

"Is that better?"

Yeah I can read all of it."

"You just need glasses Cloudy. That's why you keep bumping into things" Dr Corina smiled


We went into a room full of eye glasses. Dr Corina told me to pick out a pair that I liked. First I tried a pair that reminded of someone who drove a motorcycle. Next I tried on a pair that made my pupils goes from one end to another when I tilted my head. Mom giggled when I did that. Then I tried a one that was incredibly flamboyant in a tacky way. Pixel would've love that sort of style. None of them seemed right to me until I spotted a pair that was black with square lenses. When I putted them on , everything was much better. Perfect.

The way home from the Eye doctor was amazing. Every thing around was so clear and bright. I was even able to see some details of my parents I didn't notice before. *giggles*


However when I got to school the next day, things were much different. I saw Spice, Diamond Tiara's daughter, with the other popular kids which included Icy (my and practically everyone's crush) and then she said:

"Hey look, Cloudy's a four eyes now!" she taunted "I always knew you were a freak, but this is low. Four Eyes Four Eyes." Then some of the students started laughing. When I saw if Icy could come stop her, he just looked away in shame.

"Some people need glasses to see Spice." Sugar came to my aid

"What are you scolding at me for, I was just admiring Cloudy for being brave enough to look like what she is, a freak." Spice shouted "Catch ya later, Four Eyes." And then she left with the others in tow.

"Hmm that Spice is so mean. I guess Like mother, like daughter applies to her too."

"I knew glasses were a mistake." I felt low as I took off my glasses "I rather look better than see better."

"Don't let get to you Sky. Spice is just jealous that you look better than she does now." Sugar comforted me "Just give them a try."

"But even Icy didn't come to my rescue when they laughed . That traitor. I thought he was our friend."

"Well you know Icy. Unlike Pixel and I , he actually cares what others think of him."

"I don't know Sugar. I got to go, I'll see you after class." I left feeling sad and frustrated


Later at lunch, Rowdy Ruff, Spice's brother put to drinking glasses to his face. "Look at me, I'm Cloudy Skies, super nerd." The entire table howled in laughter even Icy laughed at Rowdy's act.

"Why don't you come over and do that again Rowdy." Api threatened while shaking her fist and got up from the table

"Api please don't." Echo stopped her and pulled her back. "He's just like his sister: stupid and mean.

This action made me really angry and I left the lunch room.

"Sky come on." Pixel followed me out "Come on don't listen to him."

But I just left in a huff.


I got home with my head down. Epic Parody or Parry who was visiting with Candy and their daughter Lyrical was outside helping make deliveries for Sugarcube Corner with Lyrical. Lyrical saw me walking then started crying. Parry called out: "What's wrong kiddo?" But I ignored him.

I still upset over Spice's taunting and even madder at Icy for not standing up for me. I took off my glasses, but when I did the world turned blurry again.

"Well at least it's better than being labeled a super nerd."

I knew what I had to do.I figured if I lost them, they can't make me wear them. I went outside, and putted my glasses in their case. Then took my mini part cannon my mom got me and fired in an unknown place. But when I got back to my room, there were my glasses on my bed. I was furious. I just took my glasses and threw them out the window. But when I got to the kitchen, they were on the table. Oh Sweet Celestia, why?

That night, Lyric was playing with her toy that had her smashing logs into a board with a hammer. I got the idea to have her smash the glasses that way it looks like she did on accident but she won't get into trouble because she's a baby. I putted my glasses onto the board then directed lyric to smash them.

"That's it Lyric." Lyric giggled in delight as she hammered in another log onto the board.

Then Candy and Parry came in.

"What are your glasses doing on that toy?" Candy asked

"Lyric took them Candy. I was trying to get them back." I gather up an excuse and putted my glasses back on

"You better be careful with those." Parry said "You don't want to get them broken now."

"No I don't." Then Lyric smashed my hand with hammer.

"Ow."

Candy and Parry turned around as I rubbed my hand. For a baby, Lyric was very smart.


When Sugar and I got to school, I ditched my glasses and put them in my pocket . There was no way I was going to be called Four Eyes again and have a friend who won't stand by me. The others warned me not to do this but I ignore them.

"Cloudy where are your glasses?" My teacher Ms. AppleBee asked me

"I lost them." I replied "Probably while helping my Mom bake."

"Now all I have to do is get through the day without my glasses."

"I think you're making a mistake Sky." Sugar said "Why can't you just wear them?"

"Oh no. There's no way I'm gonna be called a four eyes or a super nerd again."

"What's the big deal? No one calls me a nerd I spend my free time in the library." Nighty said

"That's different. You're a prince." I pointed out "And no one messes with royalty."

"Well If I was your spot, I wouldn't care what Spice and the others think." Pixel said with Echo and Api nodding in agreement

"Thanks guys. But please don't worry. I know this school like the back of my hand." I reassured them

"Well if something does happen, then I get to say 'I told you so'." Sugar said

"I thought I got to say that." Nighty said

"Only if something happens before lunch."

"Well if you're done with talking about me in front of me, I have to get to class." I walked away


Things went back to what they were before this week. I had trouble doing work, I tripped a little, and I couldn't write my notes right. But as long as Spice wasn't calling me Four Eyes, I could go on with the day.

But when I was in gym, that's where it got really bad.

That day, we were doing basketball. I had the same gym period as Icy but I ignored him for what he did. The teacher Ms. Mckee putted us into two teams. Sugar and I were in one of the teams with four other girls. Spice and Power Puff Silver Spoon's daughter were in another team. Everything was fine until one of the girls on my team Lapis Lazuli had the ball. I signaled her that I was open.

Everything from there was in slow motion. I tried to position my hands for the ball but I didn't see that she threw the ball too high and suddenly everything went black.


When I woke up, I was lying down on a bed in the nurse's office. I lifted myself up and saw that I an ice pack wrapped around my head.

"Be careful dearie." The Nurse "You had a pretty bad hit and fall back there."

"How did I get here?" I asked

"Oh well that Icy Storm along with your sister carried you all the way from the gym."

Icy helped me? After being too scared to stand up for me against Spice, he would help me? No it couldn't be.

Suddenly Icy came in as the nurse left. Speak of the devil.

"Cloudy are you alright?" he asked

"Nothing serious. Just a bruise on her head." The nurse replied

"Oh thank Celestia, I was so worried."

I looked away from him "Why? You didn't seem to care for me when I was called Four Eyes."

Suddenly Parry came in. "Parry? What are you doing here?"

"Well your parents are in Canterlot to cater the Royal Summit, and Candy had to take care of Lyric and the shop. Someone had to come to see if you were ok. Sugar told me about what happened, must've really hurt." Parry said

"Well my head hurts, but I feel fine overall."

"Why aren't you wearing your glasses anyway?" Parry asked

"Yeah this wouldn't have happened if you were wearing them." Icy added

"Well Icy, if you had to ask, it's because of you."

"Me?! what did I do?"

"Simple. You didn't stop Spice or Rowdy Ruff when they made fun of me for wearing glasses. You just stood back and had your head down like a coward"

"I know I know I really messed up back there."

"You think?" Parry and I said together

"But after lunch, Sugar, Api, Echo, Pixel, and Nighty confronted me and said that if I wanted to stay friends with them, I had to choose between them or the popular kids."

I nodded as Icy continued with his story

"That night, I talked to my mom about my situation. Naturally she was appalled that I even think about turning my back against my friends and feared that I was turning into my brother." Icy shuddered at that part "Then she told me that if she had learned anything from being an Element of Harmony, is that true friends care about each other, and that they stick with each other no matter what."

"So what's your point?"

"I'm saying that I'm sorry and I regret ever hanging out with those shallow, cool kids. They only really like me because I was good looking and my parents were famous Wonderbolts. I hope you forgive me."


Parry and I looked at each other and I asked: "What do you think Parry should I forgive Icy?"

"I don't know Sky. Maybe we should have him complete a series of test to prove if he's his mother's son."

Icy looked terrified "Oh please not that." he begged

Parry and I laughed "Don't worry dude." Parry said ruffing Icy's hair "We know you're sorry. But you better Pinkie Promise not to turn your back on my sisters in law and her friends."

"Cross my heart and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye." Icy chanted


"Well I'm glad that worked out." I said with relief but then signed "I guess I'll just have to get use to being a Four Eyes super nerd."

"I don't understand what you have against wearing glasses Skies." Parry said "I wear glasses and they make me look awesome."

"Well that's different. You're you."

"Well let me try something. I'll show you. " Parry then took off his glasses and put them on me

"Wow! A total transformation. You're rocking the hipster look like a boss"

" I agree with you Parry." Icy said "You look really cool Sky."

"I do?"

"Sure. Those golden eyes are shiny like two pieces of treasure."

I was blushing like crazy but I controlled it so that Icy didn't see.

"And if anyone tries to tease or bully you, just call me and I'll take care of them." Parry said

I giggled

"Well it look like you're better Sky." The Nurse said when she came in "You can go now."

"I'll walk you back to class." Icy said as he helped me down the bed

"I better get going. Candy must be having hair for lunch by now." Parry started to leave "I'll see you at home kiddo."

"Right back at you. And Thanks." I called back

When Icy and I got back to the gym 15 minutes before class ended, I did something I probably would've never done: I kissed Icy on the cheek.


On Monday, I came with Sugar, Api, Echo and Pixel into school feeling confident and better about wearing my glasses. Whatever Spice had up her sleeve, it wasn't going to break me. But after 15 minutes, I didn't see Spice anywhere. I looked around but no Spice. Then I heard laughing from the corner. Probably more of the popular kids going to make fun of me. Ugh, when will they learn?

But when I got to the corner to my surprise they were laughing at someone else. There were laughing at... Spice?! Spice was wearing these big round glasses and her head was down. I looked at closer and saw that she was crying.

"Aww yes, Spice got her cuff-muffins." Api said thrilled "I guess if you touched a Pie you're going to get burn."

"How can you say that?" I was appalled by what Api had said

"What are you so surprised? She teased you about your glasses, well now the universe has punished her. You should be happy."

Api was right. I should've been happy that Spice was now in my shoes, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. I knew how it was to be made fun of, and seeing her like this was sad.

When the kids left, I went over to Spice who was now in the corner crying and smiled.

"What are you doing Cloudy?" She asked aggressively "Can't you see I want to be alone?"

"I saw that some of your so call 'friends' were making fun of you."

"They were just kidding. I'm fine."

"Well considering you were crying before, I don't think so."

"Fine. I'm totally upset because my parents found out about me bullying others. So they're forcing me to wear glasses insted of contacts until I learn my lesson. Whatever that is."

"Well I think you look cool with those glasses."

"You do?" Spice asked as I helped up

"Sure. Hey you want to join me and my friends for lunch?"

"O-ok."

The two of us walked back to the others. I explained that Spice was joining us for lunch later

"What? That meanie?" Api said outraged "I wouldn't eat with her even if she was the last..."

Echo jabbed her on her shoulder "Api!" Api still looked angry

"What she means, is that we are happy to let you join our group." Echo corrected

"This is so supercoolawesome.!" Pixel said "Another friend with us is always awesome!"

"Well we better get going. See you at lunch guys." I said as Spice and I left for class

"Your friends seem really nice." Spice said shyly "Although I'm a little creep out by Pixel."

"You'll get use to it. Trust me I have a family just like her." I reassured her

So because of my glasses I was able to kiss my crush, and made a new friend.

Glasses: I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Author's Note:

My entry for Kilala's contest. Thank Celestia she made an extension.

My fun fact: As Cloudy got older, she was till very clumsy.Turned out her eyesight was just bad. So she got glasses.

If anyone gets the hidden references, you get a soft yay.

Comments ( 12 )

I caught the mini reference to The PowerPuff Girls. And I saw that this fic is based on the Arthur's Eyes episode of Arthur.

5822522 Well Power Puff is actually the name kilala gave the SilverxSnips foal :http://kilala97.deviantart.com/art/Popular-470735733

And yes I heavily based this story on Arthur's Eyes.Let's be glad I left the part about Arthur going into the girl's bathroom. LOL. I just hope it won't get it me into trouble. But because you got the base, you get an extra special (fluttershy) YAY!

Score one for everyone who wears glasses!

Great story.

I saw Spice Diamond Tiara's daughter with the other popular kids which included Icy

this story is riddled with errors, I still enjoyed what didn't bother me to much, but this was one of the most glaring, and for me painful to see. Just a reminder when you're pointing something like this out you need commas to separate the pieces, like this. "I saw Spice, Diamond Tiara's daughter, with the other popular kids which included Icy"

It's always a good idea to do some self-checking practices, one of the easiest is just coming back to what you have written or posted an hour or so later and reading through to see if it really does make as much sense as when you were writing it. Also don't rely on spllchecker, sometimes spellcheck is actually the problem.

Other than some grammatical errors, good story. One question: why the hell is it considered ' cool" to make fun of someone for wearing glasses. I never understood why people do that

5824334 alas it is one of the great mysteries of life. Did u see the season opening?

This story earns AT LEAST 3 PARTY CANNONS KABLOOOOOMMM :pinkiehappy:

5824966 At least? Why not 10?

Comment posted by Double The Pink deleted Apr 5th, 2015

5824997
WHY NOT


29 PARTY CANNONS
kabloom

:fluttershysad:I know how it feels
When i got my glasses i felt like the hole shcool teesed me:applecry:
But my friends told me that i was awesom no matter what:pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment