• Published 2nd Apr 2015
  • 4,260 Views, 77 Comments

Nidra's Road to Parenthood - Killjoy_Writer



Now happily wed, Nidra and Turquoise Blitz are expecting anything. But Nidra's sudden pregnancy catches them by complete surprise.

  • ...
10
 77
 4,260

Nine - Medical Emergency

Author's Note:

This chapter took a while to write due to the band trip and other school-related things.

But I hope you like it!
-TheNightShade

----Medical Emergency----

As the sun rose and graced the land with it's beautiful rays, Nidra sleepily opened one of her eyes, cringing as the sunlight kissed her retina. She lifted her head from its resting place, shaking it slightly in a futile attempt to remove her unkempt mane from in front her eyes. I hate bed manes she groaned in her head as she levitated a brush to her head. She hummed lightly as she brushed her mane to tame it. The mass beside her stirred and draped a leg over her abdomen, using a claw to rub it. "Morning, Nidra....." T yawned.

"Morning, T." she hummed.

"What's that you're humming?" he pondered as his head swayed to the melody.

"Just a lullaby my mom used to sing to me when I was little." she explained as she put the brush back. "Small favor."

"Yeah?"

"Since I'm the size of a blimp, could you, um...." she began with a small blush. "Preen my wings for me?"

"I.....don't know how to preen a wing." T admitted. "Since I have dragon wings and all."

"All you have to do is pick out loose feathers and other junk like that." Nidra explained. T nodded and began shifting his claws through Nidra's feathers, finding any loose ones and other things like she said. Her blush was still there as he picked through it. Being independent when it comes to preening, Nidra has never asked anypony to preen them for her. Nonetheless, she continued her humming.

The lullaby caused both Turquoise and Nidra to sway a little. After T finished, he laid back down and put his hoof back on Nidra's bump. "T?" Nidra began.

"Yes?"

"Breakfast please." Nidra requested as she placed a kiss on his lips.

"Fine." he groaned jokingly. "Anything for you."

Turquoise got up and journeyed down the hallway. He smiled as he remembered that it took a hoof-full of years, a marriage, and a few more years after that to get used to the labyrinth of an inside like Canterlot castle. He decided to take the scenic route and journeyed through the main hall and looked at the various stained glass windows. Not stopping, he looked and understood what each of them were telling, weather it was of a victory or memoir. He finally entered the kitchen and grabbed his and Nidra's breakfast. As he strolled through his regular route, he looked outside and enjoyed the view. But his concentration was cut off by a shrill call out of his name. "T!!!!!!!"

Turquoise's head snapped in the direction of the call out. Could it be that time already? Without a second thought, he dashed down the hall, not bothering about the plates and bowl that crashed to the ground.


Claire hummed as she sat at a workbench at her jewelry store, Hearthfire Jewelry, while she used her magic to shape a diamond to a flawless shape. Her concentration was unhindered until her eye caught a single green blur zoom past her front door. She stepped out and looked in the direction she saw her brother fly in. Is it that time already? she wondered. She looked and saw the rest of her family following a high-speed Luna headed straight for her. She ducked and let her pass then looked at Illusion. "Is it really that time?" she asked him as she ran along with them.

"Yeah! Come on!" he answered as he zipped forward with her and Identity on his back.


Turquoise was restless as he paced in front of the door with a sign that read "Emergency Room." The doors behind him burst open and Luna trotted toward him. "Is she alright?" Luna wondered. T continued to look at his hooves and pace. "Turquoise!" she shouted.

"Wha-? Oh, yeah, she's fine." he quickly answered.

"I heard the scream and went to see what was wrong until I saw you zip out." Luna explained as she sat on a cushion. T heard Nidra scream from the other side of the door and whimpered lightly. Because of his dad's actions during both of his mother's labors, Canterlot and Ponyville set strict rules down of the presence of dragons and half-dragon in the ER while a loved one was in labor. A few minutes later, Claire walked in, followed by Identity, Illusion, Celestia, and Discord. "Is she-?" Claire began.

"Okay? Yeah..." T sighed as he flopped onto the ground, his face towards the double doors in front of him.

The room was silent, save for the screams and cries of Nidra, as they waited. With each scream, Turquoise held back the urge to barge through the doors. Illusion placed a paw on his brother-in-law's back for a small feeling of comfort. Ever since Apollo's birth, T had never felt this protective of anypony. T finally rose and exited the room. As her went down the hall, he spotted Luna near a window, raising the moon. "That late already?" he wondered as he found the coffee machine. "Want a cup?"

"Yes, please." Luna answered. "Time sure flies by when in a hospital, huh?"

"Yeah." T sighed as the machine whirred.

"I haven't set a hoof in here since Nidra's birth." Luna commented, still looking out the window as she painted the night sky with stars. "But every time I see this place, butterflies flutter in my stomach, for the memory of seeing my daughter for the first time is forever plastered in my mind." Luna turned to Turquoise and gave her a reassuring smile.

T, on the other hoof, stared blankly at a fresh cup of coffee. Luna's smile died as she knew exactly what, or who, T was thinking about. She now knew that he, too, has not set a hoof in the hospital since the birth of his son, Apollo. Turquoise blinked a few times and smiled as he handed her a cup. Luna smiled back as he magic wrapped around the cup. "I miss her, too, T." Luna admitted as she added some sugar and creamer to her coffee. "She was one of Nidra's closest friends. When she passed.....it felt like a part of her died. A hole she will never be able to fill."

"I just miss her so much." T sighed. "She was one of the greatest mares in my life."

"I'm glad you married my daughter, T." Luna thanked as his attention turned to her. "I just don't know what would have happened if you hadn't come along to her side."

"And I'm glad that I'm making you a grandmother." T smiled as they journeyed back to the waiting room.