• Published 2nd Apr 2015
  • 4,261 Views, 77 Comments

Nidra's Road to Parenthood - Killjoy_Writer



Now happily wed, Nidra and Turquoise Blitz are expecting anything. But Nidra's sudden pregnancy catches them by complete surprise.

  • ...
10
 77
 4,261

Eight - Apologies

----Apologies----

T sat on his haunches on top of one of the many roofs of the Castle, staring at his hooves as he reveled in the transaction that occurred not long ago. He thought why that happened. Why he struck his wife, he didn't know. He went over the top. He knows that- "Turquoise Blitz!" a pony called out from below him. He winced as he knew who it was: Claire and she did not sound so happy. Nonetheless, he swooped down and landed in front of her, still staring at his hooves. "Care to explain what happened, brother?" she questioned.

"I.....I don't know." he sighed.

"Don't 'I don't know' me, mister!" she shot. "How could my own brother, who could barely hurt a fly, hit his wife?"

"It was an accident!" he shouted, silencing Claire before she could continue.

"How so?" she questioned as she tapped a hoof on the grass.

"We were having an argument and I turned to walk out the door." he explained in a lower tone. "That's when I felt her cheek on my tail."

"Well now." she huffed. "Maybe this wouldn't have happen if you didn't send her on a 'scavenger hunt' this morning while she was supposed to be on bed rest!"

"I'm sorry, okay!" he yelled.

"I'm not entirely sure you are!" Claire yelled back.

"Excuse me??" he questioned.

"You heard me." she shot behind closed teeth.

Now they were only inches apart, smoke rising from T and Claire's mouths as Claire's horn glowed. They were locked in the position for a few seconds before T turn around. "Leave me alone." he commanded.

"No." Claire retorted.

"I said-"

"Stop!" a pony shouted from behind Claire. Both of the kirins looked to see Illusion standing there with Nidra and a scowl on his face. He walked up to T and stopped. They looked at each other before Illusion raised his normal hoof and brought it across Blitz's face. "What the hell was that for?" T questioned.

"You know for a damn fact!" Illusion responded. "What gives you the right to hurt a mare- no- your wife??"

"Now let me explain the full story!" T yelled, smoke rising from his mouth again. Now Illusion and Turquoise paced in a circle, staring each other down. "I was waiting for Nidra in the room and she came in and started to chide me." he began. "We were having an argument and I was heading out of the room when my tail hit her. On complete accident."

"Is that all?" Illusion questioned as they stopped.

"Yes." T nodded as he looked down.

T felt a hoof touch his chin and lift his head. Nidra was standing there with a warm smile. The dam that held Turquoise's tears broke as he embraced her. "I didn't mean it!" he confessed.

"I know you didn't, T." Nidra soothed as she ran a hoof up and down his back.

"I'm just under a whole lot of stress lately." he admitted.

"I think the real culprit here is my mood swings." she noted.

"Getting that close already, huh?" T pondered as he broke the embrace and smiled at Nidra.

"I can't believe it either."

"How about we go to the room and leave this behind us." T recommended. "I promise that I'll stop my training when you want me to."

"And I promise to not get so mad at you." Nidra promised. To seal it, they copied each other's motions as they reenacted the Pinkie Promise then shared a kiss. They rose and walked back into the castle.


Nidra stared at the ceiling as she tried to rest. Her anxiety rose as she remembered that she has a few more short months before she goes through the worst pain a mare will ever go through. She sat up and nudged T who woke up with a snort. "W-Wha.....what time is it?" he wondered.

"A little after midnight." she answered.

"What's the matter?" he questioned, suppressing a yawn.

"I can't sleep." she explained.

"Nidra." T comforted as he put his head across her bulge of an abdomen. "Don't worry so much."

"I'm trying not to. It's just that..." she sighed. "I'm still unprepared."

"Listen, you need to remember you still have your family to comfort you." he explained.

"But-" Nidra tried to protest but was silence by the contact of T's lips against hers.

"No 'buts'." he added.

"Okay." Nidra smiled before sharing another kiss.

"How about I have a conversation with him?" T requested.

"Has not even born, T." Nidra chuckled to which T slammed a hoof in his face.

"I've done this before, Nidra." Turquoise explained. "I know what to do."

So Nidra turned over onto her side and T put his muzzle near her abdomen. "Hey there, little guy." he began. "It's your dad, Turquoise. I'm just going to tell you about me and your mom, Nidra. I am what they call a kirin which is what you are, too." He stopped to think of what to say next. "Your mom is a princess." he continued then went down to a whisper but loud enough that Nidra could hear. "A very melodramatic one."

"Hey!" she giggled as she playfully pushed him.

"Other than that, she is very sweet and really gorgeous." T described through a chuckle. "I really can't wait for you to join our family."

"I have an idea for a name." Nidra announced as T laid his head on the pillow next to her.

"What?"

"How about Peridot Flame?"

"Why did you choose that?" he questioned.

"Well," she began, "You're named after a gemstone and plus, he'll be able to spit fire."

"Heh." T chuckled as he rubbed her abdomen. "Peridot it is."

Both T and Nidra felt Peridot kick lightly and smiled. After a kiss, they laid down and went into their own dreams. Turquoise draped a wing onto Nidra and pulled her close. Nidra smiled as his claw stroked her abdomen, knowing that in a few months time, Peridot will be welcomed into the royal family.