• Published 2nd Apr 2015
  • 4,260 Views, 77 Comments

Nidra's Road to Parenthood - Killjoy_Writer



Now happily wed, Nidra and Turquoise Blitz are expecting anything. But Nidra's sudden pregnancy catches them by complete surprise.

  • ...
10
 77
 4,260

Six - Motherly Meeting

Author's Note:

About the whole how Celestia got "knocked up", here's a link to the fanfiction I referenced. It's The Love in the Night by Riter.

(P.S. It's Chapter 27 by the way if you just want to get the reference instantly.)

Back to our normally scheduled program.

----Motherly Meeting----

Nidra laid in her bed, enjoying a romantic novel that Claire introduced to her, of all ponies. As she lay there, she would occasionally rub her bump that was now showing significant growth. Along with the growth, Nidra found what the "strange cravings" were. With her pregnancy, she has developed a craving for ground up gemstones, which she decided that it should be the peridot, mixed in pumpkin soup with apple dumplings. Just looking at it makes Turquoise's cholesterol rise. But all in all, Nidra's getting occasional check-ups and is going through her pregnancy normally. Now all that's left is the horrifying mood swings and then the unfettered pain of labor.

As Nidra got another spoonful of her crave, the door to her room opened. She looked and hoped it was her husband but to no avail. It was Claire and Identity. "Hey, you two." she greeted after closing her book. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing, darling." Claire replied. "We were just wondering if you wanted to join us for some tea in the garden."

"Not a problem." Nidra answered as she climbed slowly off the bed. "What's the occasion?"

"There is none." Claire answered as they started their journey down the hall. "Just wanted to have a mother-to-mother chat. With the exception of Idie."

"Illusion out on business again?" Nidra wondered.

"Yeah." Claire sighed. "Turquoise off training again?"

"Mmhm." Nidra nodded. "I think his overprotectiveness pushed him to train with the Guard."

"Probably." Claire replied. They were in silence for a little as they reached the garden doors. When they opened the doors, Nidra couldn't help but smile. The garden is the most soothing place to be for Nidra, aside from the castle's spa. The aroma of the blooming flowers was sweetly soothing to her soul and mind.

They decided to not be in the gazebo this time for it was a beautiful spring morn. When they finished setting up, Claire helped Nidra lower herself. With the bump getting bigger, the amount of movements and her speed fell. "I don't think that T should be doing this." Nidra admitted.

"Doing what?" Claire wondered as she poured tea.

"Training." Nidra sighed. "Every night when he comes back to our room, he's either too tired or worn out to talk to me."

"Then you know what I'd do?" Claire asked as she gave Nidra her cup.

"What's that?" Nidra wondered as she levitated her cup to her mouth, sipping and getting goosebumps from the smooth liquid.

"Go out for a date." Claire recommended. "I mean, how long has it been since you two went out?"

"True." Nidra nodded. "I know when to do it."

"May I ask when?" she wondered.

"Our anniversary is coming up." Nidra announced before sipping a little more. "I think it'll be the perfect time."

"Oh!" Claire exclaimed. "I totally forgot!" Claire and Nidra chuckled a little before sitting in a brief silence. "Nidra." Claire began. "Do you know what's happening?"

"What?" Nidra wondered.

"We're getting old!" Claire worried.

"We are old." Nidra corrected with a laugh.


When nightfall came, Nidra was back on her bed, enjoying her bed rest that she needed to do for a healthy pregnancy. But this time, she looked through the photo album that she started after marrying T. Though incomplete, she plans to fill this with as many memories as possible. Her concentration was broken when the door opened and T lurched through. "Hi, honey." Nidra greeted after closing the album.

"Hey Nidra..." he groaned.

"Another long day?" she wondered as he flopped onto the bed, covering her with a wing, too.

"Yeah. It's hard on me since they're still working on my armor." T explained.

"Still?" Nidra huffed. "But just be glad you have scales."

"Oh, I am." T groaned.

"Here, sit up." Nidra commanded. T did as he was told and kept his mouth shut. Nidra's horn was wrapped in a light blue veil and a layer of her magic danced on T's back. "I thought you're not supposed to be using magic other than levitation." T pointed out.

"I'm not supposed to use advanced magic like teleportation." Nidra corrected as she moved the layer. "This is a minor massage spell."

"I think you need to use this more often..." T sighed as his body felt like jelly.

Nidra decided to make another layer behind his ears and smiled. T smiled and craned his neck from the pleasure. Nidra continued to move the layer currently on his back from point to point. "By the way, T." Nidra started. "I think we should go out sometime."

"How about tomorrow night?" T proposed as Nidra finished his massage and he laid back down beside her, recovering her with his wing.

"Honestly," Nidra huffed, "Have you forgotten?"

"Forgotten what?" T wondered.

"Our anniversary, duh!" Nidra answered as she tapped his forehead.

"Oh!" T nervously chuckled. "Guess I have forgotten."

"I think Claire's right." Nidra admitted.

"About what?" T questioned as he raised an eyebrow.

"We are getting old."