• Published 2nd Apr 2015
  • 4,261 Views, 77 Comments

Nidra's Road to Parenthood - Killjoy_Writer



Now happily wed, Nidra and Turquoise Blitz are expecting anything. But Nidra's sudden pregnancy catches them by complete surprise.

  • ...
10
 77
 4,261

Five - First Check-Up

----First Check-Up----

Nidra sat anxiously on a cushion in an almost stark-white room, save for the pink strip that ran along the wall. The wait was unnerving as she heard a clock near her tick the seconds away. First, she mentally shook. Now, she physically shook. It's not that she didn't like hospitals, it just that she's never been in one this long since alicorns weren't known to get sick, aside from the fever after over-using magic. She looked to her left and saw T who was reading a fashion magazine about Claire's newest trend in combining rubies and sapphires as one gemstone. He looked up from the article and saw that Nidra was shaking. "Something wrong, hun?" T wondered as he set the magazine down to give her his full attention.

"N-No." she lied. "Just a little cold."

"Nidra." he stressed, not accepting her try at a lie. "I know you're nervous about this." Nidra looked away then down at her abdomen. It's been almost a month and she's already showing signs of a bump. "Don't worry, Nidra." he soothed as he lifted her chin with a claw. "Just remember that I'm here if you need anything. He then planted a kiss on her lips then went back to the article. The silence returned to the waiting room, aside from the clock that ticked rhythmically. Nidra began to rub her abdomen and she smiled lightly. She knows that the pregnancy will be rough but she also know that she has her family to support her.

The silence broke as the doors in front of them swung open. "Sorry for the wait, Princess." the doctor apologized as he levitated a cushion in front of them and sat down. "My name is High Frequency."

"You're the doctor that helped my sister with her first ultrasound." T pointed out with a smile.

"Sister..." he thought. "You mean Claire? Yeah. It was quite funny."

"Enlighten us." Nidra smiled.

"Well," he continued to think, "There was a mix-up in the printing room and her ultrasound got mixed up with some poor soul's."

"Pour...soul?" T wondered with a tiled head and a raised eyebrow. "Why would it be poor?"

"He came back from the Everfree with a few 'presents'." he chuckled lightly.

"Presents?" Nidra wondered.

"Fifteen eggs from an......entangling encounter." he coughed lightly.

"Oh." they send in sync as they formed their own blushes.

"But you should've seen Claire's face though!" he chuckled. "She looked like she was about ready to faint!" As he laughed alone, T and Nidra shook off their blush. They waited a few seconds before Frequency calmed down. "Now, Princess-" he was cut off by a raised hoof.

"Just Nidra, doctor." she corrected.

"Now, Nidra," he began with the correction, "Before we begin I want to do a small check-up." He levitated a pen and clipboard with some paper work on it and began. "Have you experienced any fatigue?"

"Yes, sir. Even on short distances like from my bed to my mirror." she answered.

"Good, good, very normal." he replied as he wrote away on the paper. "Any more morning sicknesses?"

"Like once every so often." she explained. "Just glad the worst of that is gone."

"It goes away a little after the tenth week." he explained as he scribbled away. "Any strange food cravings?"

"Define 'strange'." she wondered.

"Oh you'll know when they start." he chuckled, writing more. "Mood swings yet?"

"None as far as I can tell." she answered with a shake of the head.

"Please follow me then." he finished as he opened the door to a separate hallway. This time, the hallway had a yellow and pink hallway with a sign that read "Scanning Rooms." T and Nidra followed the doctor down the hall and into a dimly-lit room that had a machine in there. Nidra's anxiety came back and she gulped. "That's just the scanner." Frequency explained as he set the clipboard down.

"How does it work?" Nidra wondered as she set on the cold bed in the room.

"Well, this machine emits a high-speed frequency that bounces off your body," he explained as he pointed the route of the frequency, "Which creates an image that we can see!"

"Oh, interesting." Nidra replied.

"Please lie back on the bed please." Frequency requested as he grabbed a bottle of clear gel. Nidra did as she was told and felt T's hoof grab hers. "Word of warning," he began to warn as he squeezed the bottle, "This gel will be a little cold."

Nidra cringed a little as the gel touched her abdomen. It indeed was cold. High Frequency used his magic to trace the emitter across her abdomen, spreading the gel in the process as well. Silence graced the room as the scan was underway. After a few minutes, Frequency turned his attention to the image printer as it whirred and pushed the picture out. After grabbing it and turning on the view box her turned to Nidra who stood beside T as they walked up to him. "Here it is." he smiled as he placed the image on the box. Butterflies fluttered in Nidra's stomach as she looked at the image. The image of the child she will bring to this world. "Looks like another kirin." Frequency noted as he looked it over.

"Really?" T asked with a smile. "That's awesome!"

"Bad news is," Nidra sighed, "I'm not going to like when it kicks."

"Let's stop calling your child 'it'." Frequency recommended.

"Why?" they wondered.

"Princess," he began, "With our current technology on detecting a child's gender during the embryonic stage I am glad to announce that you'll give birth to a prince." T and Nidra smiled and hugged each other, while T was making sure to contain his excitement.

"Is there a possibility that we can get another copy of this?" T wondered. "I'm sure my dad and my children will be wonder what he is."

"Not a problem." Frequency nodded as the printer whirred and spat out another identical image.

After placing them in a folder, T and Nidra, grinning throughout, walked out the doors. "Can you believe it?" T pondered. "A colt!"

"I'm already detecting that you and our son will be getting along just fine." Nidra smirked.

"A colt then?" a pony wondered from out of no where. They looked around until a miniature Discord came from behind Turquoise's ear. Nidra face-hoofed and sighed. "Hey, uncle." she sighed.

"How long have you been there?" T questioned as he shook Discord from his ear.

"Not long." he answered as he grew to his normal size. "But I think Luna would like the news."

"Oh, she will." Nidra smiled. She could already imagine the smile on her mother's face after they give her the second piece of news. They talked a little more as they walked to the castle. Some rather.....crude, all thanks to Discord. Especially when he mentioned how Celestia got "knocked up."


Everypony in the immediate royal family sat around a circular table for the evening meal, celebrating Nidra's pregnancy. It's not very often they get together like this. But since he wanted to attend, Spike was shrunk down to a big enough size that he could fit through the door, with the help of Discord. Nidra lightly tapped on her glass to bring the attention of everypony at the table. "As you all know, T and I went to the hospital this afternoon to get my first ultrasound." she began she she held T's hoof. "And we have some news to tell you."

"Go on then," Luna ushered as she leaned forward a little, "What is it?" Nidra looked at T and he nodded lightly.

"We found out that I'm going to give birth to a kirin." she started, earning a whoop from Claire and Spike, even though he was a full-blooded dragon. Pause for dramatic affect... she thought, now making everypony lean in except for Discord. "And that it's a colt." she finished.

Luna couldn't contain her excitement any longer. In an instant, she leaped into the air and whooped in delight. Discord's lack of movement didn't go unnoticed, though. As she came back down, Luna glared lightly at Discord. "You knew about this, didn't you?" she questioned.

"Guilty as charged." he agreed as he slammed a gavel as a joke. "But would you rather your own daughter say it than me." Luna sighed. She knew that her brother-in-law was right. Even though it'd be exciting to hear it from him, it's more exciting to hear it from her daughter. Dinner continued with conversations and laughter about past pregnancies. But they went cold after Discord mentioned the item that caused Celestia to be "knocked up."

After dinner, the older ponies stayed up and restarted the conversation. Nidra did the honors of showing them her ultrasound. Luna was even more excited. "Now Nidra," Spike began, "You better look out for T."

"Why should I?" she wondered.

"His half-dragon side might make him more protective of you." he warned. Now Nidra knew why he yelled at her weeks ago when it all started. "Since I'm all dragon, it was a lot worse." he chuckled. "I remember when Rares was in labor with Claire, I had to be sedated and dragged out of the room so they could do their job." The others joined his chuckle and added with their own funny stories, making sure to tread lightly so that Discord doesn't mention Celestia's "first time" again.

A few hours later, they decided to call it a night. They said their "goodbyes" and "good nights" and retreated to separate rooms. Again, T curled around Nidra and stroked her developing bump. With the news fresh in their minds, the smiled as they slept.

Waiting for the time to bring a new prince to Equestria.