• Published 2nd Apr 2015
  • 4,252 Views, 77 Comments

Nidra's Road to Parenthood - Killjoy_Writer



Now happily wed, Nidra and Turquoise Blitz are expecting anything. But Nidra's sudden pregnancy catches them by complete surprise.

  • ...
10
 77
 4,252

Ten - Enter Peridot Flame

Author's Note:

Took longer than I expected. But I hope you enjoy!
-Night Shade

----Enter Peridot Flame----

Turquoise and Luna sat in an uncomfortable silence as they stared at the doors. Nidra's screams of pain had subsided for a little under five minutes. The other ponies and Discord, minus Identity, fought the urge to close their eyes. T went to sip his coffee only to find that it was drained. The silence was broken by the double doors slinging open and shutting. In perfect synchronization, T and Luna rose and approached him. "How is she?" T worried.

"She alright. The delivery was a success and it's a perfectly healthy colt." Frequency announced. "But since she needs her rest, only immediate family can come in." Turquoise pushed past the doctor and lightly nudged the door open. Nidra lay with her back to the door, her body gently rising and falling, one of her wings sprawled across the bed. He walked to the side she was facing and sat down. Nidra blinked her eyes open and smiled weakly, beads of sweat still visible on her body. "How you holding up?" he quietly wondered.

"I could be better." she joked. "Do you want to see Perri?" T nodded then planted a kiss on her lips. Nidra lifted and folded her wing and revealed a sleeping pegasus kirin. His coat was a darker shade of green than T's, probably from the genetic clash of his and Nidra's coats. The babe yawned and blinked open his pair of yellow, slitted eyes. "He's got your eyes." T chuckled as the colt looked at him. "Hey, Peridot. I'm Turquoise Blitz, your daddy." Peridot blinked sleepily and crawled to him. T smiled as Peridot placed a clawed hoof on his muzzle.

"Buh." Peridot spoke, or at least tried to. T chuckled and ruffled his mane before picking him up and holding him.

"Doc said that I could go home tomorrow." Nidra informed as she rested her head on the edge of the bed. "So it looks like you're sleeping alone tonight."

"I don't think Frequency will mind if I slept here." T commented as Peridot began to nibble on his hoof. Luna gave a little cough to stop the conversation.

"Sorry, mom." Nidra chuckled lightly.

Luna sat next to T as he held a recently asleep Perri. He carefully handed him to Luna who smiled warmly at Peridot. A visible tear streamed down her cheek as she remembered the greatest memory in her lifetime. "Your dad would be so proud of you." she sniffled lightly.

"You think so?" Nidra smiled.

"I know so." Luna nodded. "Seeing you were more of a 'daddy's girl' growing up." They broke into a small chuckle that died quickly. An unnerving silence graced the room, only being pierced by the knocking of the door. Turquoise noticed that it was High Frequency and walked out into the hall with him.

"Yeah, doc?" T wondered.

"I know that you want to stay with Nidra tonight, which I support," he began, "But the other nurses and doctors are a little.....uncomfortable, with your decision."

"I can understand why." he sighed. Being half-dragon and getting your dad's over protectiveness, it can be a little rough.

"But they will let you stay if you don't get......over protective." he finished.

"Thanks, doc." he smiled as he walked back into the room. He stayed silent as Luna comforted a crying Nidra. He walked over to Nidra and put his forehead on hers. "I miss him..." she sobbed.

"I know, Nidra." he cooed as he rubbed her head for comfort.

"I wish he was here." she sobbed again. All he did was rub her head for comfort as she vented. A few minutes passed by and she calmed down enough to say goodbye to Luna who retreated to the castle with the others. Nidra finished her venting and sighed. Turquoise kissed her lips and laid next to the bed with his head still on it. "Is that better?" he asked, forcing back a yawn.

"Yeah." Nidra nodded and yawned.

"Let's try to get some sleep, okay?" he recommended. Nidra nodded and gave him a kiss on the forehead before draping a wing over Peridot who rested near her stomach. After watching her for a few minutes, Turquoise shut his eyes and rested.


The next morning......

Turquoise groaned as a ray of sunlight sliced through the window and touched his eyes. He blinked his eyes open and noticed that he was in his room back in Canterlot. His confusion was destroyed when he saw a note on his nightstand that read:

You'll thank me later.
-Luna

Turquoise sighed and rolled over to find Peridot sleeping on top of Nidra. A sight that was truly adorable. He nudged Nidra slightly as he grabbed Peridot. "Morning you two." he greeted.

"Ugh....." Nidra groaned. "Five minutes?"

"You better be up for breakfast." T joked as he kissed her. Nidra chuckled and rolled over to face him.

"You're cooking though." Nidra stated with a chuckle.

"Alright." T groaned playfully as he put Peridot on his back. "But he's coming with me."

"Go on then." Nidra giggled as she blew a kiss.

Every turn and every hall brought a new wave of wonder and excitement to the little colt. Even the smallest of things caused him to smile. The maids and guards would say a simple "hello" to the kirin and then go on with their usual business.

He led Peridot into the kitchen and sat him down. What he didn't know was the Claire was just about to enter the kitchen. "Morning, bro." she yawned. Her ears perked up as her eyes made contact with Perri. "Ohhhh!" she smiled. "Is this my darling nephew?"

"Peridot, this is your aunt Claire and your cousin Identity." Turquoise introduced as he started to fix breakfast. Identity sat on the counter with Peridot and let him examine her. Claire stood near them and smiled "Looks like he took more of Nidra's genetics than you, brother." she chuckled. "Dark color, wings, eyes."

"Yeah, yeah, shut up." T joked.

As T continued to fix their morning meal, Peridot found amusement with Claire's horns. "I wonder if her can breathe fire." Claire wondered.

"Don't you try anything funny, sis." T warned. But it wasn't Claire that did anything. As if on cue, Peridot burped and a burst of fire shot out, barely missing Illusion's face.

"Whoadragonfire!" he quickly spoke as he ducked out of the way.

Turquoise and Claire broke into a fit of laughter as Illusion snuffed a small flame on his mane. Peridot jumped down from the counter, with the help of Identity, and moved towards Illusion. "So this is Peridot?" he wondered with a smile. "Hey, bud. I'm your uncle Illusion. Listen to that." He chuckled. "From father to uncle in the span of a few years."

"I just hope he doesn't need to go to sleep like I did when I was his age." Nidra joked as she walked in.

"Hey, darling." Claire greeted. "How are you holding up?"

"Still a little tired," she answered, "But I'm sure I'll get my energy back."

"Labor is quite energy consuming, huh?" Claire chuckled.

"Just in time." T announced as he shared a kiss with her. "Breakfast is done."