• Published 12th May 2012
  • 6,021 Views, 70 Comments

Little Sugar Shop of Horrors - Pen Stroke



When the bakery is about to be run out of business, Pinkie finds a plant that's more than it appears

  • ...
9
 70
 6,021

Business Dealings

In the heart of Manehatten, a middle-aged pegasus couple stood outside one of the tallest skyscrapers in the city. They were from Cloudsdale, and up to that day owned a small, family coffee shop of their own. It was a shop that had been passed down through three generations, and it was a shop that was also about to be sold.

“Are you sure you want to do this, honey?”

“It’s either we sell it to him or the bank takes it,” the pegasus stallion said to his wife. He put a wing across her back and guided her to the front doors. “We tried our best, but we just couldn’t compete with that new Star Buck’s down the street.”

“But it was my father’s store, Soft Brew. He’d be so disappointed to hear we sold it.”

“I know, but we can’t sink any more money into it. We’ve done all we can, and sometimes... sometimes that isn’t enough. Now, come on Cloud Tart. We don’t want to be late for our appointment.”

Cloud Tart hung her head, but offered no resistance as Soft Brew guided her inside. They crossed the large foyer of the skyscraper's ground floor, and then stepped into one of the elevators. The unicorn bellhop offered them a smile, despite the frowns on their faces, and then used his horn to operate the elevator’s pulley system. Soon, the couple were whisked to the very top floor of the tower.

When the elevator doors opened, the pegasus couple stepped out into a clean, sharply decorated waiting room. A single pegasus receptionist was working behind a desk at the far end of the room, her mane cut to medium length and styled in a way that reflected the cold, modern decor of the room. Behind her, on the wall, hung a giant logo: a sharp ‘M’ with a smaller ‘M’ cradled inside. There were a few other ponies in the room, and they all shared the defeated frowns that Soft Brew and Cloud Tart currently wore.

Soft Brew guided Cloud Tart up to the secretary’s desk, and cleared his throat to get her attention.

“Yes?” the secretary asked without looking up from her work.

“Hello, we’re Soft Brew and Cloud Tart, the owners of Cloud Corner Coffee. We have an appointment with Mr. Magnate.”

The secretary pointed a hoof across the room to an unoccupied pair of seats. “Mr. Mogul Magnate will be arriving shortly. Please wait until I call for you.”

Soft Brew and Cloud Tart nodded, slipping over to the couch and taking a seat next to a earth pony mare. As they waited, they began to slowly look about the room, meeting the eyes of the other ponies who were sitting and waiting for Mr. Magnate’s arrival. Their eyes were then drawn to a collection of pictures that hung on the wall next to the elevator.

Each picture was of a group of ponies circled around a contract, with one of the ponies pictured working to sign the legal document. The other shared feature amongst the several dozen pictures was a single unicorn who was present in every image. He was always wearing a big smile, a perfectly tailored suit, and a pin on his lapel of the double M logo which hung on the wall behind the secretary’s desk.

Above all those pictures was a plaque that read “Mr. Magnate’s Biggest Deals.”

Cloud Tart scrunched up her nose at the display. “Soft Brew, can’t we try to find somepony else to buy the store? I don’t like the idea of Mogul owning my father’s shop.”

“We already tried, nopony else will touch it knowing that Mr. Magnate wants to buy us out.”

“But-”

Soft Brew touched his hoof to Cloud Tart’s. “I’m sorry honey, but try to look on the bright side. We’ll have more than enough money to get by for a while, we may even be able to get a house. Also, I’m sure Mr. Magnate will take good care of the shop. He is a very successful business pony.”

“Business pony!?” Cloud Tart snapped. She pointed a hoof at the many pictures on the wall. “What kind of business pony looks that happy when he’s buying out some family’s small business?”

~~~

Outside the skyscraper, a carriage being pulled by a team of four stallions rolled up to the sidewalk. The door swung open the moment the carriage came to a stop, and a single unicorn stallion stepped out. He wore a large, confident smile and used his magic to run a comb through his mane, ensuring not a single follicle was out of place. He was a tall, well built stallion wearing a perfectly tailored, black business suit with a white under shirt and a red tie. His coat was a steel blue, his hair black to match his suit, and his eyes were hidden behind a pair of sleek sunglasses. There was a small, silver pin on the lapel on his suit which was a large ‘M’ cradled inside a smaller ‘M’. His cutie mark was a golden dollar sign.

He took a step forward, and the pony working the door smiled and opened it for him, offering a “Good morning, Mr. Magnate.”

The unicorn, Mogul Magnate, didn’t offer a reply. He strode into the lobby of the building, his hooves falling in a steady rhythm as music began to fill the air, as it sometimes does in Equestria. Everypony inside the lobby cleared a path for him, and the sight of the parted crowd only widened the smile on his face.

“When I was younger, just a bad little colt, my mama noticed funny things I did,” Mogul sang in tune to the music as he strode across the room. “I sold toys that weren’t even mine. I swindled colts, and when they whined, I laughed, turned, and tossed my head.”

Mogul paused to remove his sunglasses, revealing a pair of greedy eyes as red as his tie. “That’s when my mama said.”

“What did she say?” a familiar trio of flower-themed mares asked. They stepped out of the crowd wearing matching business suits, and walked in the Mogul’s wake.

“She said, ‘My boy, I think someday, you’ll find a way to make your natural tendencies pay’,” Mogul answered. He reached the elevator, stepped inside with the three mares. Within moments the unicorn working the elevator took the group to the top floor, and with a proud stomp Mogul stepped out of the elevator the moment the doors opened.

“You’ll be a baron,” Mogul sang as be crossed the room. “You have a talent for swindling and pain. Son, be a baron. You’d even sell your grandmother’s mane.”

Mogul reached the far side of the room, and the three flowered-themed mares that had followed him up from the lobby opened a pair of grand doors. “Your temperament's wrong for medicine, and teaching would suit you still less. So son, be a baron.” Mogul stepped into his office, looking back over the ponies waiting to meet with him. “You'll be a success.”

The office doors were pulled shut at this, and the secretary called a pony’s name. It was an elderly unicorn, who shakily approached the door before being whisked inside by Mogul’s magic. He was planted in a chair and a piece of paper was put on the table in front of him. Mogul then came around, levitating a pen and ink bottle, all while the three flower-themed mares from the lobby stood off to the side and sang.

“Here he is folks, the leader of the pack! Watch him sign that merger, oh my stars! He’s a baron, and he’s almost too good. He’d shut down any shop. Oh, you know he would.”

The elderly unicorn signed the paper document with a sigh. “Well, I guess that’s it. I’m done.”

“You got that right,” Mogul said happily. He snatched the contract away and then levitated the elderly unicorn out of his seat. “Now get out, ya bum!”

The doors to Mogul’s office burst open as the elderly unicorn was thrown across the room and into a waiting elevator. Mogul then stepped out of his office after this, continuing his song. “I am a baron, and I enjoy the career that I picked. Yes, I am a baron, and I laugh at the pain I inflict.”

He moved to the many portraits hanging on the wall, looking over what were, to him, very fond memories. “I thrill when I run a business under. I beam whenever I look at all my plunder.”

Mogul then turned and strode to a window of the skyscraper, using his magic throw it open as a gust of wind blew his mane back. “And though it may cause some ponies distress, somewhere, somewhere high, high above me, I know, know, that my mama’s proud of me.”

Across the street from the skyscraper, on the top of the neighboring building, an elderly unicorn paused from watering her rooftop garden. She waved down at Mogul. “I’m so proud of you son!”

Mogul waved back before he sighed and turned away from the window. “Oh mama.” He then struck out again, whisking Soft Brew and Cloud Tart into his office. Soon, the pegasi couple were seated at a table with contract and pen setting in front of them.

“Cause I'm a baron and a success.” With the smile on his face widening, Mogul pointed at a line on the contract resting in front of Soft Brew and Cloud Tart. “Sign here.”

“Here?” Soft Brew asked.

“And here,” Mogul continued, pointing to another line.

Cloud Tart took the pen in her mouth and pointed at a line. “Here?”

Mogul nodded. “And here.”

“Okay, here,” Soft Brew said. Both he and Cloud Tart signed the contract.

Mogul smiled at the now complete contract. “Good, now get!”

With that the music in the air ended and Mogul kicked Soft Brew and Cloud Tart out of his office, leaving them sprawled out on his waiting room floor. He then shut the doors and made his way over to his desk, flashing a smile at the three flower-themed mares who had so graciously accompanied him on the song.

“You three want to hang around for lunch?”

“Sorry, we were just here for the song,” one of the mares said before they showed themselves out of the room. Mogul huffed at being so coldly rejected, but then smiled as he took a seat at his desk. He took out a piece of paper, a quill, and some ink before scratching out a note.

“Note to self: figure out a way to monetize Equestria’s naturally occurring musical magic. Maybe charge a quarter per minute for every pony in a song.” Mogul’s smile widened. “Oh, just think at how much money I would make off the Grand Galloping Gala alone. There is always some big musical number there.”

“Mr. Magnate?”

Mogul looked up from his note. His secretary had poked her head in the door. “Yes, what is it?”

“Bottom Line is here to give you your weekly business summary.”

“Wonderful, send him in.”

His secretary nodded her head and disappeared back into the waiting room. A few moments later a lanky, beige unicorn with chestnut-colored hair stumbled into the room, fumbling with several papers as well as a easel and some presentation cards. His eyes were obscured by large, thick glasses and his cutie mark was a accountant’s book with a quill. “I’m sorry I’m late, Mr. Magnate. I know you were expecting this report yesterday.”

Mogul laughed and reached into a drawer of his desk. He withdrew a newspaper and flipped it open. “Don’t worry, Bottom Line. Just go ahead and tell me how my empire’s growing while I catch up on the comics.”

“Of course, sir,” Bottom Line replied. In a few moments and with some rushed magic, he set up the presentation and taken out a wooden pointer. He began tapping at the presentation panels while reading off from his notes.

“The Cloudsdale Inquirer is showing a ten percent increase in readership since they started the new ad campaign you wanted. It’s now the second largest newspaper in Equestria, only behind the Equestria Daily out of Canterlot.”

“Oh... oh, you should read this comic, Bottom Line. This pegasus just dropped a water balloon on a cat,” Mogul said, turning his newspaper in Bottom Line’s direction.

“I’ll be sure to do it later, sir. Now, um... where was I? Oh, yes. Speed Spin Record’s just signed a new contract with Sapphire Shores to secure her new album, which will make her the second major vocal artist we’ve managed to take away from Record Needle Music. Your investment in the railroad system is also showing growth. Ever since the buffalo and ponies of Appleloosa started working together, the town has become something of a tourist attraction.”

“I told you ponies would be heading out there to see those buffaloes,” Mogul mused. He turned over the newspaper to check the sports section.

“Yes you did, Mr. Magnate,” Bottom Line agreed, trying to keep his boss’s minor interruptions from ruining the flow of his report. He cleared his throat before continuing. “Star Buck’s Coffee is showing a four percent increase in market saturation and-”

“Whoa whoa, four percent?” Mogul asked. His full attention was now fixed on Bottom Line. “You said we could expect at least a ten percent increase in market saturation.”

Bottom Line swallowed nervously. “Y-y-yes sir, I did, but... um... there’s been some complications with the new store in Ponyville.”

“What complications?”

“Well, s-sir, if you check the front of your paper-”

Mogul Magnate cocked an eyebrow and grabbed up his newspaper. He turned over the pages to get back to the front page. There, on the cover, was a large picture. It had been taken from the inside of what looked like a bakery. There were three ponies in the picture, and behind them was a very large plant. The headline to the article read “Bakery Business Blooms.”

“What does this have to do with why market saturation is down?” Mogul asked.

“Well, you see, sir, that bakery, Sugarcube Corner, is located in Ponyville. It is just a half block away from where we opened the Star Buck’s. Sales were doing as expected for the first few weeks, sir, and it looked like we would be securing a firm hold of the Ponyville market. Then, one of the mares in that picture, Miss Pinkamena Diane Pie, found that plant and put it on display in the bakery.

“Now, they’ve turned their sales around and our store there is struggling just to break even,” Bottom Line concluded. “Personally sir, I think it might be a good idea to pull out of Ponyville and-”

Bottom Line snapped his mouth shut as the presentation pointer was snatched out of his magic. Mogul Magnate was glaring daggers from his desk and using his own levitation spell to hold the presentation pointer to Bottom Line’s neck, as if it was a sword.

“You weren’t just about to suggest we close the Star Buck’s in Ponyville, were you?” Mogul asked.

Bottom Line shook his head as sweat formed on his forehead. “N-n-no, sir!”

“Good... because nopony runs Mogul Magnate out of business. No, I’m the one that makes other ponies run.”

“Of course, sir!” Bottom Line choked out. “Y-y-you’re the best business stallion in Equestria, sir.”

“You do know how to flatter me, Bottom Line. Though, is it truly flattery when it’s true?” Mogul mused. He lowered the presentation pointer away from Bottom Line’s throat and levitated it back towards his desk. Then, with a resounding rip, he used the pointer to skewer his newspaper and the front page picture of Sugarcube Corner. “In any case, we’re not about to let some curly-haired mare and her tacky plant put one of my stores out of business. Pack your bags, Bottom Line. We’ve got a weed to deal with.”

~~~

“We’re here, sir.”

Mogul Magnate flicked his horn to open the blinds on his carriage window. It was the afternoon of the next day and, after a long carriage ride, Mogul was eager to get a look at the source of the local Star Buck’s woes. He couldn’t deny, Sugarcube Corner was quite the eye-catching little bakery. Making a building look so much like a dessert undoubtedly brought in customers. Why, he was getting hungry for a cookie just looking at the place.

Forcing down his sudden desire for a sweet, Mogul opened the door to his carriage and stepped out. He took a moment to adjust his tie and ensured his double ‘M’ lapel pin was straight. That gave Bottom Line time to climb down from the carriage’s driver seat. He was levitating a suitcase just behind him, which contained within all the materials Mogul had requested the previous day.

“You ready, Bottom Line?”

“Yes, sir.”

Mogul gave an nod and began walking towards the bakery’s door. “Good, let’s go do some business.” Bottom Line followed right on Mogul’s hooves, and soon the pair entered the crowded shop. A line of ponies snaked all around the room, and many of them were passing the time in pleasant conversation, chatting about the delectable sweets on display or about the plant in the corner.

Mogul and Bottom Line stepped into line, and as they waited, they turned to look at the plant that had brought so much attention to Sugarcube Corner. Sweet Tooth, as it was called, looked even larger than it did in the newspaper photo. Resting in its own corner of the shop, the plant’s pod was the size of a small pony. Its many leaves embraced that pod, keeping it supported vertically while a number of vines spilled out over the edge of the pot. Those vines spread out across the floor and even climbed up the nearby wall.

“My, it really is a strange plant, isn’t it sir?” Bottom Line asked.

Mogul huffed and turned his nose up at the plant. “Looks like an overgrown weed to me. They just better hope their baked goods are actually worth the trouble.”

~~~

Mogul and Bottom Line sat in the back dining room of the shop, which at times doubled as a private party room. They had already dug into their selected baked goods, and Mogul was once again denied the satisfaction of being disappointed. His muffin was quite good, and Bottom Line obviously enjoyed his scone a great deal.

The fact the bakery actually had good food made Mogul feel better about the situation. He was willing to let Sugarcube Corner run the local Star Buck’s out of business if that meant he could get his hooves on a new franchise. He was already picturing it. Buy the shop out, get the recipes from the owners, and start a whole line of packaged baked goods. The shop’s gingerbread house exterior was the perfect label and marketing image for boxed sweets.

He could even consider selling the brand in Star Buck’s. Even if the recipes needed to be modified to make the products last longer, Mogul didn’t doubt they would still be better than the currently passable baked goods they were selling at Star Buck’s Coffee.

“Sorry folks, it’s closing time.”

Mogul perked his ears up. Now this was what he was waiting for: a chance to speak with the owners without so many ponies around. He motioned to Bottom Line, who gave a nod and followed directly behind him. They joined the ponies shuffling out of the shop, but just before they reach the door they turned and made a b-line for the shop’s owners.

“Excuse me, Mr...” Mogul began before trailing off. Bottom Line quickly slipped up beside his boss and began whispering in his ear.

“Their names are Mr. and Mrs. Cake, sir.”

Mogul put on a wide smile, raised his voice, and recovered from the odd pause. “Excuse me, are you the Cakes?”

“Why, yes we are,” Mr. Cake answered.

“I’m honored to make your acquittance. My name is Mogul Magnate,” he said while extending a hoof. “I’m sure you heard of me.”

“Well, I can’t say that I have, but its nice to meet you,” Mr. Cake said as he shook Mogul’s hoof.

“Oh, well, then let me properly introduce myself. I’m the President and CEO of the Mountain Mogul company, one of the largest corporations in Equestria. My company is the parent organization to a number of businesses I’m sure you’re familiar with: Cloudsdale Inquirer, Stamped Railroads, and, of course, Star Buck’s Coffee.”

“Oh my, you own Star Buck’s?” Mrs. Cake asked, quite impressed by the businesspony’s resumé.

“I sure do,” Mogul stated proudly. “It’s thanks to me they’re a household name, and now I’m here to make your dreams come true. Bottom Line?”

“Right away, Mr. Magnate,” Bottom Line said before clicking open the suitcase he was levitating. In mere moments, Bottom Line set up an easel and a collection of large presentation cards. He then began to flip through the cards, which showed a number of bars, graphs, and conceptual product images.

“Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Mr. Magnate would like to extend you an opportunity to franchise your bakery into something much larger. Under our business model, we would use the Sugarcube Corner brand name to create a line of pre-packaged baked goods that could be sold at stores across the kingdom. We could then branch off into merchandising and product placement. Your baked goods could be sold in every Star Buck’s in Equestria, and fillies could be playing with their very own Sugarcube Corner tea sets and magic Simple-Bake ovens.

“If you agree to this offer and sell Mr. Magnate the rights to your store, the brand name, and to your likenesses, you’ll find your personal wealth will skyrocket. Star Buck, the one who founded the original Star Buck’s Coffee Shop, is currently enjoying early retirement in one of Equestria’s most prestigious coastal communities. His manor-sized home even has its own private section of the beach front.”

“Oh my, that does sound fancy, doesn’t it?” Mrs. Cake said as she and Mr. Cake were shown pictures of Star Buck enjoying his beach side property.

“Oh, it is,” Mogul assured her. “And it can all be yours. Just sell me this little sweet shop and that plant, and I can have you out there shopping for your new, luxurious home by the end of the day tomorrow.”

Mogul lit his horn and pulled a prepared contract out of the suitcase along with a mouth workable quill and ink bottle. “I just need you to look this contract over and sign at the bottom.”

Mr. Cake smiled and used a hoof to gently nudge the contract away. “That’s sounds like a very generous offer, Mr. Mag-”

“Please, call me Mogul.”

“That sounds like a very generous offer Mogul, but we’re not interested in selling.”

Bottom Line winced at the rejection and turned to look at his boss. He was still wearing a smile, but it now looked forced. “Oh, I’m sure you are. I mean, just think about it: you could get your wife anything she wants. Fancy clothes, daily trips to the spa.”

“Well, we never needed any of that,” Mrs. Cake said. She leaned into her husband. “We’re just happy that our shop is so successful, and that we can bring smiles to so many ponies’ faces.”

Mogul forced a chuckle. “Oh... so you’re that kind of business owner. The ones who run their shop for the community... who are content with their lot in life.”

Mr. Cake smiled and gave a nod. “Yep, that sounds like us. Just a couple of school sweethearts who like being bakers.”

“Of course you are,” Mogul laughed through gritted teeth. He put the contract back in the suitcase, which was Bottom Line’s cue to pack up the easel and presentation boards as well. Soon, everything was back in the suitcase, which Bottom Line levitated up with his magic.

While Bottom Line moved towards the door Mogul turned and walked towards the plant in the corner. “Well, I’ve met business owners like you before, and I can... respect your decision.” He glanced over his shoulder at Mr. and Mrs. Cake while his horn glowed. He drew a handkerchief from his suit jacket. “Are you sure I can’t change your mind?”

Mr. Cake nodded. “Yes. Even if we wanted to sell, we couldn’t do that to Pinkie Pie. She loves living in our loft and loves working here too much for us to just sell it.”

“Sweet girl might end up inheriting the shop from us,” Mrs. Cake commented. “I can’t even imagine what it would be like if anypony else took over for us when we are ready to retire.”

“Pinkie Pie, the young lady who found this plant? Yes... I imagine she’s quite attached to this place,” Mogul said. He turned his attention back to the plant, and then faked blowing his nose. At the same time, he took a small vial out from his handkerchief and quietly poured its contents into the plant’s pot.

Mogul finished his fake nose blowing before he tucked the handkerchief and empty vial back into his suit and turned away from the plant. “My apologies, I’ve got bad allergies. Well, it’s been nice meeting you, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and I hope that your success continues.”

Mr. Cake shook Mogul’s hoof again. “Thank you, and thank you for your offer. It really was flattering to hear you think our little shop is so valuable.”

A chuckle filled Mogul’s throat. “Well, I know an opportunity when I see it. Now, I believe I’ve kept you two long enough. It is, after all, closing time. Still, if you ever change your mind, come find me in Manehatten. I’d be happy to talk business with you anytime.”

“We’ll keep it in mind,” Mrs. Cake said cheerfully as Mogul turned to leave. “Oh, and have a safe ride.”

“I will. Come, Bottom Line.”

“Right away, sir,” Bottom Line chimed as he and Mogul left the shop. Soon, the pair were back at the carriage. While Bottom Line worked to secure the suitcase and climb up into the driver’s seat, Mogul looked back at Sugarcube Corner. Through one of the windows, he could see the plant, and it already wilted somewhat.

A smile spread onto Mogul’s face. “Your business is going to wither up just like that plant, and once you’re on the verge of bankruptcy I’m sure you’ll change your tone. They always do.” With that, Mogul climbed into his carriage and shut the door. Bottom Line called out to the team of ponies pulling, and soon the carriage was bouncing down the street to Ponyville’s one and only hotel.

~~~

“Oh, that was so fun!” Pinkie Pie cheered. She slipped in the back door to Sugarcube Corner. A lopsided party hat was resting on top of her mane, and pieces of confetti and streamers lingered in the curls of her mane and tail. “I don’t really remember what that party was for anymore, but it was still a great party.”

Tossing her head, Pinkie Pie tried to shake of the confetti and streamers before crossing the kitchen. She used a hoof to take off her party hat, and was about to set it down on the counter when she noticed a note. It was in Mrs. Cake’s mouth-writing.

“When you get in, Pinkie Pie, please check on Sweet Tooth. The poor thing looked like it was starting to wilt when we left.”

“Aw... Sweet Tooth isn’t feeling good? Well, I know how to fix that,” Pinkie Pie said cheerfully. She zipped right over to the leftover cookie jar. She took the whole jar and balanced it on her head before she bounced out into the front of the store. “Don’t worry Sweet Tooth, Mamma Pinkie Pie has your medi-WHAAA!?”

Pinkie Pie almost dropped the cookie jar at the sight of Sweet Tooth. Its pod had collapsed onto the floor, and its leaves were brittle and sickly. A single touch might have been enough to cause half of Sweet Tooth to collapse into dust.

Sprinting forward, Pinkie Pie knelt down beside Sweet Tooth’s pod. “Don’t you worry, Sweet Tooth, I’ve got just what you need right here.” Tossing her head, Pinkie Pie launched the cookie jar into the air. The few leftover cookies it contained tumbled out into the air. Positioning herself carefully, Pinkie Pie used one hoof to open Sweet Tooth’s pod mouth so that the cookies could fall right in.

At first, Sweet Tooth laid lifelessly, despite the presence of cookies. Pinkie Pie was even starting to fear the worse when Sweet Tooth finally moved. It began to slowly chew, and as it did it began to regain some of its strength. It wasn’t enough to make Sweet Tooth as healthy as it was at the beginning of the day, but it was still an improvement.

“Oh, my poor Sweet Tooth. Are you still hungry?”

“Feed me.”

“Don’t you worry,” Pinkie Pie said. She patted the top of Sweet Tooth’s pod before she turned and began walking in the direction of the kitchen. “I’m going to go and fix you up some nice-” She froze up in her tracks, and slowly looked over her shoulder. “Did... did you just?”

“Feed... me...” Sweet Tooth whimpered in a feminine voice.

Pinkie Pie remained stunned for a time before a huge grin spread onto her face. She turned and bounced back over to Sweet Tooth, unable to hide her excitement. “Oh my gosh! You did, you did just talk! This is so exciting! I’ve never heard of a talking plant before, but here you are talking! We can play so many more games now! We can play Simon Says and Charades and we can even sing songs together! Oh, this is going to be so super, duper-”

Sweet Tooth whimpered again in an austere tone. She struggled to lift her pod off the floor, but was only able to heft the heavy load a few inches before having to drop it back down. “Feed... me...”

Snapped out of her excited stupor, Pinkie Pie darted off into the kitchen. “Oh yeah, I know just the quick treat you need, Sweet Tooth.” The loud crashing of pots and pans soon began to fill the shops and, after only a few minutes of hurried preparations, she returned carrying a plate laden down with a dozen s’mores.

Sweet Tooth greedily opened her mouth and let Pinkie Pie pour all the s’mores in. “There ya go, Sweet Tooth. This will make you feel better.”

With the wet slurping and smacking of her lips, Sweet Tooth gobbled down the s’mores. The sweets, again, helped improve her condition, but only enough that she was able to lift her pod off the floor. “I need more, Pinkie Pie,” Sweet Tooth pleaded in her smooth, mildly deep feminine tone.

“I don’t have any more s’mores. I just used the last of the gram crackers.”

“But I’m starving,” Sweet Tooth whined.

“How can you be starving? This is more than you’ve eaten in a single night. You must be stuffed.”

“Well, excuse me for having an appetite,” Sweet Tooth snipped before lifting a vine and placing it against the top of her pod. “I would think after I was poisoned you’d be willing to nurse me back to health, especially after all I’ve done for the shop.”

Pinkie Pie gasped and moved right up to Sweet Tooth, placing her hooves on her pod. “Oh no, my poor wittle Sweet Tooth! Somepony poisoned you?!”

“Yes, it was simply awful!” Sweet Tooth lamented with a flare of her vines. “There I was, minding my own business. I was just sitting in the corner and bringing in all those paying customers when these two unicorns started talking to the Cakes. They were trying to get them to sell the bakery.”

“No! They’d never sell Sugarcube Corner! Never ever ever ever never ever!” Pinkie Pie said as she firmly shook her head from side to side.

“You’re right. They told that fancy unicorn, Mogul Magnate, they’d never sell.” Sweet Tooth assured her. “I thought he was actually going to just leave, but then he came over here, faked a sneeze, and poured something into my pot. Then, I just started feeling so awful.”

“Oh, that big Meanie McBully! How could he hurt such a cute little plant like you?”

“I don’t know, but he did, and now the only thing that can make me better is...”

“Is what?” Pinkie Pie asked. “I’ll get you whatever you need.”

“Hmmm... I guess I could really go for a pie... and a cake... maybe a dozen cupcakes, and a pan of cinnamon rolls,” Sweet Tooth explained. She licked her lips at the thought of all those sweets. “Oh, and a super sweet milkshakes to wash it all down.”

Pinkie Pie patted the top of Sweet Tooth’s pod again, “Well, don’t you worry, Sweet Tooth. I’ll just go into the kitchen and whip all that up for you. You’ll be feeling better in no time.”

“Oh, thank you Pinkie Pie,” Sweet Tooth said with a grin. “I’m so glad I was found by such a nice pony like you.”

“Awww, I’m glad I found you too, Sweet Tooth. Now, you just sit right here and save your strength. I’ll get started on those treats.”

Pinkie Pie turned and bounced off to the kitchen, the clatter of cooking sounds soon drifting into the front of the shop. Sweet Tooth listened to those noises and smiled as if she was listening to the most beautiful symphony in Equestria. She lifted her pod up, and leaned against the nearby wall while her vines reached out. She grabbed the newspaper of the day and gingerly opened it in her vines.

She flipped through the articles while waiting for her dinner, and then smiled when she saw an ad. “Oh, Pinkie Pie, can you make some brownies too? I’d kill for some brownies.”

“You’d what!?” Pinkie Pie asked incredulously. She stuck her head out of the kitchen door while continuing to mix a bowel of ingredients with her hooves.

Sweet Tooth quickly hid the newspaper and forced a smile. “Uh... I said... um... I’d... fill. Yeah, I’d fill up with, uh... joy if I could have some brownies too.”

Pinkie Pie chuckled and went back into the kitchen. “Aww, anything for you, Sweet Tooth.”

Drawing a vine across her pod of a head, Sweet Tooth breathed a sigh of relief. “Whewww, got to be careful with stuff like that. These ponies don’t really have the backbone for that kind of fun.”

~~~

“No, I wasn't the one that stole the golden apples, Princess Celestia. It was the purple kangaroo,” Pinkie Pie mumbled in her sleep.

“Pinkie Pie, can you hurry up with those danishes. The customers- Pinkie Pie!”

Jolted awake by Mr. Cake's shout, Pinkie Pie reared back and fell on her flank. She then jumped back to her hooves and looked around in a panic. “What!? What is it!? I'm awake!” Pinkie Pie's sniffed at the air, picking up on the smell of smoke. Her eyes went wide and she bolted to the oven, grabbing up an oven mitt along the way.

Opening the oven's door released a large ploom of smoke into Pinkie Pie's face, causing her eyes to water. Despite this, Pinkie Pie reached into the oven and took out the cookie sheet which held the burnt smudges that were supposed to be danishes. She then placed the cookie sheet on a cooling rack while Mr. Cake opened the shop's back door as well as every window.

“I”m so sorry, Mr. Cake,” Pinkie Pie said after spitting out the oven mitt.

“It's all right,” he assured her. He began swishing his tail in the air, trying to drive the lingering smoke out the windows. “It was just one batch of danishes. We can always make more. I'm just glad we caught it before it could turn into a kitchen fire.”

Pinkie Pie joined in with Mr. Cake, her curly tail proving better suited for fanning the smoke out of the room. “Oh yeah, that would have been so much worse.”

“Still, Pinkie Pie, it’s not like you to fall asleep on the job. Is everything all right?”

Pinkie Pie forced a smile, despite the tired bags beneath her eyes. “Oh yes, everything's fine.” She paused to stifle a yawn. “I just haven't gotten a lot of sleep the last couple nights.”

“Why's that?”

“Oh, it's Sweet Tooth. After she wilted the other day I've been staying up to make sure she's taken care of.” Pinkie Pie explained.

“Well, try to get to bed early tonight,” Mr. Cake said. He left Pinkie Pie to finish fanning out the rest of the smoke while he went to work making another batch of danishes. “Sweet Tooth brings the customers in, but this wouldn't be much of a bakery if the three of us weren’t baking.”

Pinkie Pie giggled. “Yeah, you're right. I promise I'll try to get to bed early tonight.”

“That's go-”

The kitchen's back door swung open and a blur of cyan sprinted into the room. Before Pinkie Pie could jump clear, she was tackled to the floor by a very excited Rainbow Dash. “Pinkie Pie! They're here!”

“Who's here?” Pinkie Pie asked.

Dash got off of Pinkie Pie, letting her stand back up. “The Wonderbolts, they’re here in Ponyville! They're at the Star Buck's place down the block, and they're signing autographs! I need you to come down there with me right now!”

“Why would you need me?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“They're only giving out one free set of autographs per pony. Otherwise, you have to buy something or pay for the extra set. I've got zero bits on me right now, and I have two things I want them to sign. Please, I just need you to come with me so I can get both my things signed!”

“I'd love to Rainbow Dash, but we're swamped here and-”

“Oh, go ahead and take a break, Pinkie Pie,” Mr. Cake said. “You haven't taken a day off in a while, and Mrs. Cake and I will manage without you.”

“Really, are you sure?” Pinkie Pie asked. “There are a lot of customers out there.”

Mr. Cake nodded while he worked to mix some dough. “Mrs. Cake and I will just limit how many things each customer can buy at once. It won't make some ponies happy, but it will let us keep ahead of things by ourselves. Now go on and enjoy yourself, you've earned it.”

“Sweet, thanks Mr. Cake. Come on Pinkie Pie!” With that, Rainbow Dash grabbed Pinkie Pie by the tail and flew out of the kitchen, dragging her happily cheering friend through the air.

~~~

After detouring to Rainbow Dash's house to pick up the items she wanted autographed, the pair began making their way back to town. Pinkie Pie was wearing Rainbow's saddlebags, which contained the soon to be signed items, while Rainbow Dash swooped through the air, doing a barrel roll above Pinkie's head. “Oh this is going to be so cool! The Wonderbolts are here in Ponyville! Hey, you think they'll remember me? Do you think they'll ask me to join them? Do you think they'll want to hang out?”

“I don't know,” Pinkie Pie chirped. Rainbow's excitement and the fresh air was helping her catch a second wind of energy. “Maybe.”

“Oh, maybe is good. I'll take maybe.”

Pinkie Pie giggled. “Yeah, maybe is great. So, what are you going to have them sign?”

Rainbow Dash landed beside Pinkie Pie, using her nose to open the saddlebags and let Pinkie Pie see their contents. “I've got a poster from their Grand Galloping Gala airshow, and I've got a clipping of the newspaper article about how I saved them at the Best Young Fliers Competition.”

“Oh, I remember that. You were like a super hero! Rarity and you kept flying higher and higher. Then Rarity spread the wings Twilight gave her and it was so pretty, but then they burned up and she began to fall. The Wonderbolts tried to help her, but Rarity knocked them out. Then you swooped down to save them. You kept going faster and faster and then Boom! You did a Sonic Rainboom and it was so amazing and beautiful! And then Fluttershy started cheering really loud while Applejack, Twilight, and I were just sitting like this.”

Pinkie Pie paused to drop her jaw, in a playful reproduction of the shocked expression she had worn that day. Rainbow Dash couldn't keep herself from laughing. “Yeah, that was one crazy day. Still can't believe I was so nervous. I mean, a Sonic Rainboom isn't that hard. I can do it now no sweat.”

The line for autographs advanced, letting Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash enter into the shop. “Yeah, you have gotten really good at it,” Pinkie said. “Twilight even told me how you used it to tear down an old barn of Applejack's.”

“Oh yeah, I call that my Rainbomb. It's one of the new tricks I've been working on. Hey, do you think the Wonderbolts will want to see it?”

Pinkie Pie nodded her head vigorously. “I want to see it, and if I want to see it they'll really want to see it because they're amazing fliers, just like you.”

“Next.”

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie perked their ears, coming to realize they were at the front of the line. Rainbow quickly withdrew the newspaper clipping from the saddlebags Pinkie Pie was wearing and then stepped forward to the table where the Wonderbolts were seated. Even from where Pinkie Pie was standing, she could tell the Wonderbolts were happy to see Rainbow. They were talking and laughing, and were more than eager to sign Rainbow's newspaper clipping.

“Excuse me, but are you Pinkamena Diana Pie?”

Hearing her name, she turned to face to see a well-built unicorn in a business suit with small double 'M' pin on his lapel. “Yes I am, but everypony just calls me Pinkie Pie.”

The unicorn smiled. “Of course, Pinkie Pie. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mogul Magnate, and I wanted to talk to you about that plant of yours.”

“Oh, you mean Sweet Tooth?” Pinkie Pie asked happily. Her demeanor then quickly shifted. Her eyebrows furrowed, and she pointed an accusing hoof at Mogul. “Hey, you’re the pony that poisoned Sweet Tooth and made her sick!”

Mogul didn’t bat an eye at the accusation. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, though I am sorry to hear your plant is sick. I do hope it will make a full recovery.”

“She will, no thanks to you.”

“In any case,” Mogul continued, “I was wondering if I could interest you in a business deal. Sweet Tooth is a very rare and unique plant specimen, and a lot of ponies all around Equestria would be eager to see such a strange sight. If you allow my company to manage your careers, you and Sweet Tooth could become the next big celebrities in Equestria.

“Just think of it,” Mogul continued as he waved his hoof through the air. “Pinkie Pie, hero of Equestria, and Sweet Tooth, the rarest plant in the world. You could be rich, famous, and have everything you could ever want.”

“But I've already got everything I could ever want.”

Mogul froze up, his eyebrows arched in confusion. “Come again?”

“Why would I need to go all over Equestria to get what I already have here in Ponyville? I have my friends, Gummy, the Cakes, and Sweet Tooth. I get to throw a lot of really fun parties, and sometimes have really cool adventures. Like this one time, me and my friends went up a mountain to try and get a dragon to take a nap someplace else. Now that was a fun adventure, even if the dragon didn't laugh at my silly costume.”

“So... so you’re content to just stay here, in this little town? You’re happy working as an assistant at that bakery and throwing parties for your friends?”

Pinkie Pie nodded her head firmly and turned away from Mogul. “Yep, I got everything I need right here in Ponyville. Well, except a pogo stick, but that's going to be coming in the mail any day now.

“Besides,” Pinkie Pie said, putting a hoof forward as Rainbow Dash finished up with the Wonderbolts. “You hurt Sweet Tooth. Until you apologize to her, I’m not inviting you to any parties and I’m not interested in any of your business deals.”

After saying those final firm words, Pinkie Pie regained her pleasant demeanor and she bounced up to the Wonderbolts. She presented them with the poster Rainbow Dash wanted signed, and didn’t notice or chose to ignore the cold glare she was receiving from Mogul.

~~~

That evening, Pinkie Pie slipped back into Sugarcube Corner with a yawn. She had enjoyed her day off, though it wasn’t as restful as she could have hoped. After getting the poster autographed for Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie hung out with her fast flying friend the rest of the day. They got in some good pranks, joined a pick-up game of hoofball in the park, and had a lot of fun. All that, however, came with a cost. She was exhausted. She didn’t have the energy to bounce.

“Oh, I’m going to sleep like Rocky tonight,” Pinkie Pie said to herself. She began crossing the room, only for a vine to reach out and tap her shoulder. She turned in the direction of the tap, and saw Sweet Tooth giving her a big grin.

“I’m sorry, Sweet Tooth, but I’m just too tired. I can give you some of the leftovers, but I can’t bake for you tonight.”

“Oh, but Pinkie Pie, just look at my stem.” Sweet Tooth whined. She lifted her pod and used her vines to motion towards her stem. “I’ve got nothing. I could snap right off. And look at my leaves! Pinkie Pie, I’m wilting here.”

“I’m sorry,” Pinkie Pie said as she trotted up to Sweet Tooth, “but I’m too tired.”

“So you’re too tired to feed me but you’re not to tired to go and hang out with your friend, Rainbow Dash? Huh, nice to know how much you care about me.”

Pinkie Pie lowered her ears. “Oh, yeah... Sweet Tooth, I’m sorry. I just... I’ve been working a lot lately, and I wanted to have some fun.”

Sweet Tooth stretched out a vine and gently lifted Pinkie’s chin. “Oh, now don’t frown, Pinkie. I know how you can feed me and get all the sleep you could want.”

“Really, how? Do you know a secret, super sugary, quick recipe?”

“Oh, you could say that,” Sweet Tooth answered. “Here, I’ll even tell you what you’ll need. You’ll need a black sweater, soft-soled shoes, a black ski-mask, your saddlebags, and a crowbar.”

Pinkie Pie bounced, zipped upstairs, and returned a few moments later wearing the ski mask, sweater, and shoes while carrying the crowbar in her saddlebag. “Oh, this sounds like a fun recipe!”

“Oh, it is. Now all you have to do is scamper on down the street to Star Buck’s. When you get there, use that crowbar to smash their windows. Then all you have to do is take all their sweets, stuff them in your saddlebags, and bring them back here.

“Okie-Doki-wait a minute! You want me to rob Star Buck’s?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with wide, disbelieving eyes.

“You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

“It is a bad thing,” Pinkie Pie scolded. She tossed her head until the ski mask flew off and landed in Sweet Tooth’s vines. “Stealing is wrong, super wrong.”

“But Pinkie Pie, I’m starving and... oh no-” Sweet Tooth collapsed into her pot. “The poison, it’s taking hold again. I... I can see a bright light. Daddy... daddy, is that you?”

“But... but... it’s stealing.” Pinkie Pie whimpered. Her resolve was starting to crumble.

“Oh, it’s okay,” Sweet Tooth said before coughing weakly. “I mean, all I’ve done is save the shop from going out of business. I’m sure the Cakes won’t mind losing their livelihood... and I’m sure you won’t mind moving away from Ponyville and all your friends.”

Pinkie Pie frowned. “I’d have to move?”

“Oh yes,” Sweet Tooth said before coughing again. “After all, you can’t live in the loft of a closed bakery, now can you?”

“But... but Gummy loves Sugarcube Corner... and I love Ponyville,” Pinkie Pie said. She looked over her shoulder at the crowbar in her saddlebag. She bit her lip, and began looking around the room. Fond memories began to play in her mind, and they became mixed with the idea of having to leave. That was one kind of party she never wanted to throw or attend: a going away party.

Looking back to the crowbar, Pinkie Pie swallowed nervously before taking it in her teeth. She then walked toward the door.

“Don’t forget this,” Sweet Tooth called just as Pinkie Pie was about to leave. She held out the discarded ski-mask. Pinkie Pie reluctantly took it and then departed into the night, leaving Sweet Tooth smiling to herself. She ended her faked sickness and waited patiently for her dinner. Sure, they weren’t the best pastries, but Star Buck’s baked goods contained just as much, if not more, sugar.

~~~

Mogul Magnate stepped over the broken glass at Star Buck’s, a strong frown on his face as he looked across the room. Bottom Line was a few steps behind, using a broom and dust pan to clean up the mess.

“Did anypony see what happened?”

“No sir,” Bottom Line answered without pausing from his work. “The employees are still speaking with local law enforcement, but from what I’ve heard everything was safe and secure when they closed up yesterday.”

Mogul huffed and checked the cash register, which was still locked and secure. Using his magic, he undid the lock and gave the bits inside a quick inspection. “Are we sure it wasn’t just some punk kids in the neighborhood causing trouble?”

“Yes sir, there are signs that a pony was in here after the window was broken. The shop’s entire supply of baked goods is missing.”

Mogul turned his attention to Bottom Line, his gaze hardening. “Did you say ‘baked goods’?”

“Yes sir, I did. Why?”

Mogul opened his mouth to say something, but no words left his mouth. Instead, he walked past Bottom Line and to the shop’s broken window. Using his magic, he gingerly plucked something off one of the glass shards. It was a tuft of curly pink hair.

Bottom Line finished sweeping up the broken glass into his dust pan, and stepped up beside Mogul to examine the tuft of hair. “What is that, sir?”

“A sign that I underestimated my opponent,” Mogul said, a smile starting to spread on his lips. “I wouldn’t have never imagined that naive ball of pink would even know how to play dirty. It’s actually somewhat elegant. She didn’t steal enough to get the town guard out in force looking for a thief or vandal, but she did enough to ensure that this place won’t be selling any pastries today.”

Mogul’s eyes flashed with determination. With a small spark of his horn, he set the tuft of hair on fire while his grin grew into a eager smile. “No more colt shoes, Bottom Line. Now, I’m going to show her just what it means when I play dirty.’”

Despite the frown on his face, Bottom Line gave a nod. “Yes, sir.”

~~~

Mogul waited patiently in the shadows between two buildings. Across the street from him stood Sugarcube Corner, and through the windows he was able to watch the Cakes and Pinkie Pie as they closed up for the evening. They were just about to finish, and with a pleased smile Mogul stuck his head out of the alley and a gave single nod.

That nod signaled Bottom Line, who trotted up to the shop’s front door. He knocked, and engaged Mr. Cake in conversation as soon as the baker stallion opened the door. Mogul didn’t know what Bottom Line was saying, and in truth he didn’t care. All he cared was that Bottom Line succeeded in his task: getting the Cakes and Pinkie Pie out of the shop.

“There we go,” Mogul said when he saw Mr. Cake stepping outside with Bottom Line. They talked for a little longer, were joined by Pinkie Pie and Mrs. Cake, and then Bottom Line led the small group away from Sugarcube Corner. Mogul waited until he saw them disappear around a distant street corner before he advanced on the shop.

Trotting around to the back door, Mogul made sure nopony was around before turning his attention on the door. He tried it once, to make sure it hadn’t been left unlocked. The handle didn’t budge, but that only made Mogul’s eyes glint. “Wouldn’t want it to be easy, now would I?” he mused before lowering his horn to the lock. The mechanisms inside clicked and shifted under the gentle encouragement of his levitation magic.

The lock clicked open a few moments later, and Mogul slipped inside triumphantly. He was in the bakery’s kitchen, and without a moment’s hesitation he began to check the drawers and cupboards. He continued his search until he came across the knife drawer, from which he withdrew the biggest knife.

“Hmmm... I suppose this will work,” Mogul said. He looked down the length of the knife while closing one eye, inspecting the blade. “It isn’t as sharp as I’d like, but maybe-” Mogul turned, and began waving the knife through the air. He slashed and stabbed, getting a feel for the weight. He then jumped and made a quarter turn, landing and driving the knife forward.

Mogul then dropped the knife, but it was intentional. His playful, dramatic spin had turned him towards a small closet in the kitchen which was left open. Inside the closet he saw a mop, a bucket, and other cleaning supplies. Yet, leaning up against a back corner of the closet, with a spiderweb on its handle, was an ax.

Like a colt who had gotten just what he wanted for his birthday, Mogul picked up the blade with his magic. “Oh, beautiful, what are you doing in a place like this?” He inspected the blade. It was old, but sharp. “Poor girl, it looks like you haven’t been swung in decades. Probably used to chop wood for an old stove or something.

“Well, don’t you worry, beautiful,” Mogul spoke sweetly. He carried the ax in front of him as he moved from the shop’s kitchen to the front room. “I’m going to put you to good use tonight.”

After giving the ax a test swing, Mogul focused his eyes on Sweet Tooth. The plant looked even bigger than the last time he saw it, which was astounding considering how much weed killer he had poured in its pot. It was a shame to kill such a hardy plant, especially one with such potential. In his hooves, Sweet Tooth would have been a goldmine. Right now, however, it was just another obstacle in his path of corporate domination.

Drawing in a deep breath, Mogul enjoyed the lingering smell of baked goods in the air. He then smiled and lifted the ax, an old thrill pumping through his veins. It had been a few years since he had gotten down and done his own dirty work, and in truth he missed it so.

He stepped towards Sweet Tooth, taking aim with the ax. The plant really was a behemoth, and its vines were starting to flower. Once again, Mogul couldn’t deny he wished he could have gotten the plant away from Pinkie Pie. Still, maybe if he smashed open the pod he could find some seeds.

“Say good night, sweetheart,” Mogul quipped before swinging his head. His magic drove the ax in a wide arc, its blade aimed directly at Sweet Tooth’s stem. However, before metal could meet plant, the ax was snatched out of Mogul’s magic by one of Sweet Tooth’s vines.

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you not to mess with somepony’s else property?” Sweet Tooth asked as she lifted the ax away from Mogul.

Mogul stared bug-eyed with his jaw hanging open. “You can... but... how... you can talk?” was the only thing he could stutter out.

Sweet Tooth let out a boisterous laugh. Her vines lashed out at Mogul, wrapping around his hooves and dragging him closer. She lowered her pod, so that the tip of his nose was just an inch from the front of her. She tilted her head and got a good look at him with her unseen eyes.

“How d’you do?” Sweet Tooth asked in song. “I see you’ve learned my special, little secret. You just thought you could kill me, because when you saw me, I seemed like a harmless thicket.”

Sweet Tooth tightened her grip around Mogul and shook him, though it was only enough to make his eyes spin. “Don't get cocky by the way that I look. Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm not much of a sight, in the public eye, but really I'm one haaaay of a fighter.

“I'm just a lethal little sweet trap, from far beyond Equestriaaaa-ha-ha!”

Sweet Tooth brought the terrified Mogul closer so he could better appreciated the rows of razor sharp teeth in her mouth. “Let me show you who’s boss, maybe I’ll... give you a toss. I must say you look pretty tasty. Or if you want something visual, that's much more abysmal, I could maybe bake you into a sweet little pastry.”

Mogul finally managed to squirm his way free of Sweet Tooth’s vines. He dropped onto the floor and sprained his ankle in the process. Still, wincing through the pain, he tried to back away from Sweet Tooth, not taking his eyes off the plant for a moment.

“Now, there’s no need to be rash,” Mogul chuckled weakly while forcing a smile onto his face. “I was being brash... we don’t want to be too hasty.”

Mogul inched towards the door.“I'll just leave you alone. I’ll stay out of your zone... Oh, and I’m really not that tasty.”

Mogul had only just reached the door when a pair of vines grabbed him from behind. Sweet Tooth hauled him into the air by his back hooves, letting hang upside down while she brought him close and poked him in the chest.

“But you know far too much now, this I can’t allow. Well sonny, you should panic,” Sweet Tooth warned with a grin. “By the light of the night, when it seems alright, you’ll learn that I’m a deadly botanic.”

Sweet Tooth tossed Mogul in the air. He flailed his hooves in a panic until Sweet Tooth caught him again, holding him upright this time while she waved her other vines in a grandiose fashion.

“I'm just a lethal little sweet trap, from far beyond... Equestriaaaa-ha-ha!”

Sweet Tooth brought another vine and traced it around Mogul’s chest. He was shaking like a leaf. “Why don't you stay for the night? Or... maybe a bite? I could show you my favourite... obsession.”

Sweet Tooth waved a vine towards the kitchen. “I've been baking a flan, with custard in a pan. It's good for relieving my... tension.

“I'm just a lethal little sweet trap, from far beyond... Equestriaaaa-ha-ha!”

“Yeah, believe it!” Sweet Tooth yelled. All of her vines, including the one holding on to Mogul, swung around dramatically. “I'm just a lethal little sweet trap, from far beyond... Equestriaaaa-ha-ha!”

Sweet Tooth brought Mogul closer to her mouth, and brought a vine close to his face. It was covered in long, thick, sharp vines. Mogul whimpered as those sharp points were pressed lightly against his coat.

“So... how do you like my vine. Aren’t my thorns quite fine?” Sweet Tooth cooed. She lifted her thorns from Mogul’s skin, only to wave them around in the air in front of him. She never hurt him, but the sight of those thorns alone was torture enough.

“I see you shiver with antici-” Sweet Tooth completely froze, becoming still as a statue. Mogul blinked in confusion, wondering if his life had been spared. That hopeful thought, however, disappeared when Sweet Tooth’s smile began to widen. “Pation!”

Sweet Tooth took her thorns away from Mogul’s face and, instead, brought one of her flower-covered vines close.“But maybe that fate... isn't really that great. No, I'll put away my rage...” Sweet Tooth chuckled darkly. “And instead show you my phage.”