• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 1,515 Views, 23 Comments

I Hate You ≠ I Love You - LE_MALEM



Whoever said that "Love is Young" was right all along. There is no gender, no social status, no dimensions, no time..., infact, there are no boundaries for love. And this fanfiction is going to be a living proof of it.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,515

Backstory

Equestria Girls World - School - Present Time - Applebloom's POV

It was a nice morning like it always is at Canterlot High School. I felt nothing could ruin this day until I was proven wrong: We had Math class under the tutelage of Miss Cheerilee. Math was both stupid and boring but like any other person in this school, it was a must in order to persevere in our studies so I tried my best to stay awake, with no avail. I slept like a log during most of the session until a call upon a certain girl woke me up.

"Diamond Tiara," announced Miss Cheerilee "Please come to the table and solve this problem for your class."

"Yes, Miss Cheerilee." Diamond Tiara then came out to the table and began solving the problem. I had a piercing look on my face. No one could tell if it's a look of anger or concentration because the girl who came out is the meanest bullies in the entire classroom along with her sidekick Silver Spoon. With those wavy white and pinkish pigtails, that brooch shaped like a crown, that golden yellow jacket, that black shirt and that grey skirt, how could someone possibly like her, specially with her inflating ego and oh-so eloquent mannerisms? Staring intensely, my trance was awoken by a chalk coming directly into my forehead.

"Applebloom?" said Miss Cheerilee " I called you so many times to come to the board and solve the next problem but you didn't answer. I hope that woke you up! Come on now and don't be shy." I rubbed my forehead as I passed Diamond Tiara who was passing by to return to her seat.

"Let's see you beat that!" The latter whispered. I gritted my teeth from anger then I saw the Math problem which I solved with relative ease as I returned back to my seat with a cocky victory smirk as I saw Diamond Tiara boiling with anger.


Class was over. It was lunch break so I did the usual stuff and went down to my locker to put my books back when suddenly, a lurking figure appeared from behind: It was of course Diamond Tiara wanting revenge against the humiliation she received during Math class. She walked rather gracefully towards me as she did one of her trademark gestures: The reverse posh girl palm.

"Applebloom, I noticed you were staring at me during math class..." I gasped and I half-closed my locker "Perhaps you got a problem with me?!" I turned to confront her, skimming her from head to toe. Then I retorted with the obvious answer.

"Couldn't focus," she nodded at the half-baked response but I decided to spice it up a notch "'cause of your massive butt that matches yer ego!" And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the kicker as Diamond Tiara clenched her fish with a furious look. She slammed my locker shut, cornering me. I was still smiling like a mad girl at my own antics, looking sideways here and there. Diamond decided to finish this conversation off.

"Oh yeah? I think I need to remind you who's boss in this school..." She kept looking at me. I simply said.

"Bring it!" as I did my 'bring it' gesture. I smiled wider as Diamond Tiara's frown look turned upside down, her blue eyes staring into mine as she went in: Not for the punch, but for a kiss full-blown into my mouth as I kissed her back. The moment was so intense I forgot myself for a moment but yeah that was the gist of it: Diamond Tiara and I are in love; not some childish, goo-goo gaa-gaa love. The real deal. But our love has been a secret that nobody ever knows about. That's why I was staring at her during Math class, that's why I was looking here and there so that nobody discovers what we're doing. She broke the kiss as we both hugged each other.

"I am so sorry I told you all those mean things. I feel so bad about my self, Bloomie." said Diam- no, Dee, apologetically.

"Ah know, Dee." I answered back as I held her, staring lovingly at her "Ah forgive ya. Y'all/Ya didn't forget forget 'bout our special night tonight, right?"

"How could I ever forget it? Today it'll be two years since THAT happened... We need to celebrate it tonight and we promised that we're going rather 'big' this time."

"Ooooo, kinky..." was all I answered. But all of you must wonder what happened two years ago between a simple farm girl like myself and the rich, mean but so beautiful girlfriend of mine, right?! Well, I'll let Dee speak about that if you don't mind because I have 'other plans' if you know what I mean. As I stole another quick kiss from Dee and ran straight to the school cafeteria, she put her hands in her cheeks, staring at my dashing figure.

Equestria Girls World - Two years ago - Diamond Tiara's POV

Ahhhh, how the days pass quickly! I cannot believe that we have been going about this for two years, two whole years. I pondered around my posh lunch, staring at the azure sky as I recalled the event of that field trip just like yesterday.

"That's just not fair!" A younger Applebloom screamed, "Ah just bought this new T-shirt from the mall. Now it's ruined all because ya tripped me, Diamond Tiara!"

"Oh, please..." A younger me retorted back, "You just, like, don't watch were you're going, right?" I laughed at her but truth to be told, I tripped her for real into a muddy pool just because I was a stuck-up jerk towards her back then.

"Yeah, you gotta watch where you're going, Appleblooper." my obnoxious sidekick, Silver Spoon said as we laughed. Applebloom's two friends, Scootawhatchamicallit and Sweetie Whatshername, came to her rescue.

"How about a taste of your own medicine then?" Scootaloo angrily said as she brandished her fist, ready to slam it into my face but it was interrupted by Miss Cheerilee's announcement.

"Alright class! Calm down and form a line. Today's field trip is about Foal's Mountain for Mr. Doodle's Geography's assignment so please form groups of two or three, get on the bus and stick together so that we do not get lost. Is that clear for everybody?!"

"Yes! Miss Cheerilee!" The class answered in unison as we all hopped on the bus going to Foal's Mountain.

Foal's Mountain

The mountain was quite a sight to be honest. Of course, nobody could reach the peak of such a landmark, especially people as young as us so we explored the surroundings and drew whatever we were tasked for our assignment. But what truly was in my mind was the mischief I could cause for that Applebloom on that day. Silver Spoon and I were watching Applebloom's group from the shadows as they were observing the forest surrounding Foal's Mountain. As we sneaked upon them, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo left Applebloom alone to check on some insects while Applebloom was tying her shoelaces. At that moment, we grabbed her, gagging her mouth with our hands and carrying her to a random location in the forest. We tied her up to a tree far away from any group we know.

"You can yell as much as you want here. Nobody will hear or come to your rescue. Let's go Silver!" I said as I laughed maniacally as we left her location.

"That was golden, Diamond!" said Silver Spoon "The others will never know what hit her. That's like totally evil."

"I know right?!" I rhetorically asked as I went along this maze of a forest. Suddenly, we found out that we were back at the start where we tied up Applebloom. Our mouths went agape as Applebloom looked at us with a dumbfound expression on her face.

"Uhhhhh... Are you sure you know the way, Silver?!" I asked.

"Hey! Don't ask me! I thought you were the one with the map!" retorted Silver, "Let's go back! Maybe we will find our way towards the bus." As we went back from the same direction, only to appear in front of Applebloom again and again. For almost the whole afternoon, we tried to get our way back but no avail. It was almost evening and we were lost in circles back towards Applebloom again.

"T-this is impossible... W-we gotta do something... This must be a nightmare!" I said in panic, tears on my face.

"No! This can't be happening! I WANT MY MOMMY!!!" Silver cried, hugging poor sweet good old me as we fell on our knees.

"I mean at least we're together now... right?!" I tried to calm Silver "What's the worst that could happen?!" If only I didn't say that because as soon as I did, it started raining torrents. Sighing at fate's irony, I was like a mad girl, laughing and screaming at the sky.

"Is this what we call divine retribution?! Is that what we deserve?! Oh Lord! whatever we did was a simple prank..."

"Hello?!" a voice called, "Maybe y'all forgotten about me!" We turned to see Applebloom, all wet and still tied to that tree. "If we don't remain calm, it could get even worse for us." We exchanged a look then I approached Applebloom and untied her from the tree.

"You lead the way and no funny stuff!" I ordered.

"I wasn't plannin' anythin' anyways. Don't be all high and mighty! Y'all can see where that brought ya." she said as she took the lead through the forest. We kept walking under the rain and the sun started to set. I started hearing noises coming from outside the forest so I assumed that was the exit. I rushed to freedom.

"Wait... DIAMOND NO!" I heard Applebloom screaming. Ignoring it, I kept moving forward. Too late! It was a cliff and I felt gravity pulling me towards the river. I fell and sank like a rock. Unable to swim, I awaited Death to claim my soul as I took one last glance: I saw a majestic figure extending a hand towards me. The figure was a tad taller than I am and had angelic red wings on its head. I had no choice but use the last of my strength and extend my own hand towards it as the river carried me while I was unconscious.


Cave in the Mountain - Normal POV

Being swept away by the river, Diamond Tiara was groaning in pain as she slowly opened her eyes. She looked around, vision still hazy, as she noticed only the darkness of the night and the sound of the river.

"So this is it Diamond" she thought as she mentally laughed"So young, yet so dead. Maybe I'll atone for my sins in the afterlife"

As soon as she finished her thoughts, her vision was completely restored. She noticed that most of her clothes were missing. She could have screamed but she was still on her train of delusions. She soon noticed the bright red flame from behind her with her nearby clothes being dried up. On the opposite side of the flame was her savior: The angelic figure with red wings. She soon realized who it was with her red bow tie and crimson flowing hair: It was Applebloom looking at her.

"Ah see you're awake at last." the latter said. The realization was too hard to stomach for Diamond Tiara. The person she hated and tortured the most ended up risking her life saving hers. Conflicted feelings came into her spirit; anger, regret, forgiveness, antipathy, sadness, happiness, love? She asked herself why she felt so? Is it because she saved her once? Only one way to find out.

"Why?" asked Diamond Tiara "Why didn't you leave me to die? Why didn't you take this chance so that you take revenge on me for everything I've done to you? Why didn't you let me at Death's doors? You changed both our fates by your bold yet stupid maneuver." Applebloom stood silent in front of the barrage of questions. She hung her head down, tears begun falling down her cheeks which shocked Diamond. Then she approached her and slapped her across the face. Diamond held her cheek in pain.

"Ah hope that awoke you!" exclaimed Applebloom "Ah saved ya because everyone deserves a second chance, no matter who they are and what they are. Why are ya thinking of being dead? Is it because ah saved ya? Anyone would have done the same thing if they were at my place-"

"That is not the answer I wanted." interrupted Diamond, standing up and holding Applebloom by her collar "I left you to die as food for animals. I bullied you and your friends. I never missed an opportunity to humiliate you publicly. Yet, you did this heroic thing out of nowhere. I was so envious of you."

"Envious?!" inquired Applebloom "You did all that out of envy?!"

"Precisely!" admitted Diamond "Yes, I did all that because I just cannot stand how you and your two friends stay so happy after everything I did. You are a poor farm girl in a poor environment yet you stay positive no matter what you're doing." She walked away from her, grabbing her head "I couldn't get you and especially you out of my head. Why can't I get you out of my head, Applebloom? Why did I see you as an angel as you came rescuing me? Please, please spare me losing my sanity trying to figure out this unimaginable puzzle!" She finished her sentence as she cried: It wasn't her usual crocodile tears this time. She was down on her knees, letting out the most bitter cry Applebloom ever witnessed. She knew for sure that everything in Diamond's existence wasn't only bullying. She also had problems she's facing but she didn't include herself as one of her problems so she did the obvious thing and held Diamond Tiara around her arms.

"To be honest with you, Diamond, ah don't know." she answered "But let me tell you something; Ah was envious of you too." Diamond's eyes widened at that statement as she looked directly into her rival's clear but honest eyes. "Ah mean who doesn't want to be rich? Nobody. I always asked mahself how you rich people live your lives, that y'all are not really as stuck-up as you are showing me back in school. Ah know ah shouldn't complain about where ah was born and mah family bein' hard on me and stuff but that is life and we must enjoy it fully. Throwing your life away isn't the answer, Diamond, even though you didn't do it on purpose. The point is there is a big hole in your chest. To be precise..." she pointed at her chest "here; your beating heart. Diamond, you and ah have all the care in the world from our perspectives but what if that care wasn't enough? What if you needed more than that?"

All this talk made Diamond's heart race faster and faster as she looked at Applebloom. When was she so knowledgeable about this kind of grown-up talk. She didn't sound like a 14-year-old girl at all, she sounded way over that. The speech she gave made her think outloud.

"... love ..." Applebloom could barely hear that over her own talkativeness. She saw Diamond's face getting closer and closer as she went in for a kiss in her mouth. Applebloom was shocked beyond belief, eyes wide, trying to grasp the meaning of this kiss. She looked at Diamond's face during the kiss: So calm, so innocent, yet so unusual and so beautiful. Diamond broke the kiss as she blushed a little.

"I-I'm sorry I did that! I didn't know what was wrong! My body just reacted on its own!" she spoke nervously.

"What y'all did, Diamond, was out of love." Applebloom reassured her "You couldn't find this in anyone but me. And weirdly enough, I accepted your love, Diamond." A smile appeared on Diamond's face as she wiped her tears off. She couldn't believe it. She really gave her first kiss to her rival whom she hated so much in the past. Her mind didn't accept it but her heart proved to be stronger. She fell into one knee as she took Applebloom's hand and stroke it on her cheek. Applebloom just kneeled down as she put her head on hers as they both fell asleep in the cave under the night's veil.

CHS Applebloom's POV - Diary
And that is how our love story begun. The police eventually found us thanks to the whole class reporting in but no one noticed anything new about us. It was our own secret. Dee and I learned so much from and about each other for the past two years and I can say I never regretted one moment of it. Tonight was the day that marked the two years of our love story. What could possibly go wrong?

Author's Note:

This backstory is to clarify how the relationship between Applebloom and Diamond Tiara grew.
With authorization from Gutovi-kun, I used this image for the first part of this chapter:
http://gutovi-kun.deviantart.com/art/Applebloom-Diamond-Tiara-Agression-and-Passion-421223636

Applebloom and Diamond Tiara's ages are 14/16!