• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 2,169 Views, 22 Comments

How far would you go? - Gingerboyman



Discord has been asked ,by his friends, to help prepare for the up coming Summer Sun Celebration. But what happens when a fiendish plan is set into action and when Discord starts to feel odd new feeling for his closet friend.

  • ...
2
 22
 2,169

Chapter 2


“So I’m guessing I can thank Twilight for coming up with the idea of me helping out at the festival .”Discord said grumbling as he went down the hill next to Fluttershy.

He could have teleported both of them to her cottage, but since she didn't ask him to, he didn't bother doing so; besides he liked having some quality time alone with Fluttershy.


“What makes you think Twilight came up with the idea?” Fluttershy asked in her traditionally soft tone.

“Well didn’t she? It does seem like her type of MO, ruining my fun while giving friendship lessons.”

There was pause in conversation before Fluttershy timidly said “Well, it technically wasn't Twilight who came up with the idea.”

Discord slowed his pace and then stopped turning, to Fluttershy, who had stopped walking as well and was now scraping a little rut in the ground.

“If it wasn't Twilight, then who?”although from the way Fluttershy was acting he had his answer already.

Fluttershy lifted her head up so she was facing Discord. “Me.” Fluttershy said quietly.

“You came up with the idea for me helping out at the festival?” Discord said confused and starting to feel the touches of guilt. “B-but why Fluttershy?”

She didn't respond for a couple seconds, but then she composed herself and sucked in a breath and started to reply .

“ When you wrote that letter to me telling me that you were coming down for the Summer Sun Festival I was so excited. Then I started to worry because I was afraid that with all my new responsibilities of being a part of the council of friendship and for setting up for festival, I or any other of our friends, wouldn't be able to spend enough time with you. So you'd be alone for most of the time. So I voiced my opinions to all our friends.” Fluttershy’s words were calm at first, but then they started flow out from her, “and then Rarity said one thing and Twilight said another then Piki said something about a party, and eventually we came up with the idea of you helping us prepare for the festival. So you could spend time with us and befriend other ponies in ponyville.”

After Fluttershy had finished her explanation she turned her head away. Discord was starting to regret voicing his previous statements on seeing how emotional Fluttershy was getting .

Fluttershy’s ears flattened and she turned her head so it was facing the ground, in the process causing her mane to conceal her face.“I’m so sorry, Discord,” she murmured. “I feel like I’ve have ruined the whole festival for you, I just wanted to help you and now I feel terrible for forcing you into this.”

Guilt washed over Discord; funny, he’d never felt that emotion until quite recently, and he quickly went to work counseling Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy,” he said in his gentlest of tones, “Please don't feel that way, you did the right thing.” He knelt down so he was facing the curtain of pink mane.

“I did?” Fluttershy said quietly with a sniff, moving some of her mane away from her face with gentle nod of her head, so that she was looking into the draconequus eyes.

“Yes.” he said excitedly, glad that she was listening. “I would have probably gotten bored while every pony was working on the festivities. I would either have tried to help, which would most likely end chaotically, or do something chaotic to pass the time. In the end, probably, my antics would slow down or hinder the preparation for the festival and then every pony would probably have to clean up after me and then Twilight would most likely give me a huge boring lecture on friendship and work. The lecture would state what I had already learned from the experts, that would go on and on and on…”

Discord stopped himself seeing as he was getting off topic. “Point being Fluttershy, what you did was fine, great in fact. This way, as we already stated at the picnic, I get to spend time with all my friends and get spared from one of Twilight's lectures”

“The only point I could see not see working out, is me befriending the other ponies of ponyville.”

“Why not?” Fluttershy asked.

“Well I don't see the point. I have you, Fluttershy, and the other council members as friends; not to mention I'm a Cutie Mark Crusader.” said summoning on a crusader's cape.Or at least I hope I still am, he thought.

Ever since he joined forces with Tirek, he had been on shaky ground with the three fillies. It didn't help matters that the three of them had also already gained the cutie marks so his purpose in helping them find them had been nullified .


“ What more can I want?” Discord said, as he twirled around with his cape around him.

Fluttershy frowned. “We're not trying to force you to make friends with the ponyville ponies; we just want them to have a better understanding of who you are.”

“Fluttershy, I’m pretty sure everypony in Equestria knows who I am, the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. I highly doubt any pony needs a reminder of that.”

Fluttershy shook her head. “You’re more than that...” then she whispered just in reach of his hearing, “ to me.” Though her new phrase had only two more syllables added to it, it seemed to turn his heart to the consistency of a marshmallow.“And I know if you just spend time, even if it's just a little time, with some of the towns ponies they would see some other sides to you and they stop co-...” Fluttershy quickly cut herself off. But he knew what she was about to say.

“Fluttershy, if sticks, stones, magical blasts, lasers and your bunny can't break my bones, I highly doubt that any of the insults ponies throw at me can.”

Fluttershy looked at Discord shocked. “You know about what they call you?”

Discord shrugged nonchalantly. “I hear things when we're in town or on picnics.” Discord chuckled. “Mismatch is my favorite name they call me; much more creative than freak or monster.”

“But it doesn't bother you? They call you those awful things?”

“Not it in the slightest! I know they're just jealous and who can blame them for that.” Discord said cheerfully.

He then snaked his long neck down so he was face to face with Fluttershy. A slight blush coloured her cheeks. “Between you and me if I wasn't ,well...me, I would be jealous too. I mean if I lacked this figure,” he gestured to his serpent body, “opposable thumbs” He wiggled his mismatched fingers “prehensile tail,” Discord flexed his red serpent’s tail “and these beautiful teeth.”

He grinned at Fluttershy, causing his teeth to shine and sparkle.“And that just my physical appearance, I don't even know where to begin with my magical abilities so no... I don't blame the ponies for their jealousy.”

Fluttershy had been letting out a series of giggles and laughs through all of Discord's array of actions. But when he was finished, her mood changed “Well even if doesn't bother you, Discard, it bothers me that they call you those things. ” Fluttershy said.

“Really, how so?” Discord asked. Then a thought came to him. “Ponies don't call you names do they Fluttershy?” Anger and little horror starting to build at the idea that any pony could make fun of her. Schemes of revenge on those ponies that mocked her started to form ponies, if she said yes.

“What? No!” Fluttershy said a little shocked, shaking her head. “The reason those names they call you bother me so much is because none of them are true. They are all just so cruel. I here some ponies call you ugly, or monster and all manner of other terrible names, and they're all made up by ponies that are judgmental to any creature that isn't a pony.”

Discord was shocked at the tone Fluttershy was using. He had never seen her so angry; he had seen her frustrated and annoyed, mainly those were directed at him.Somehow the way she was standing up for him, the way she was getting angry at pony because they were calling him names did something odd to his heart like it was turning warm and squishy.
Throughout his life, ponies had been criticizing him for his odd look, and he had been the only one to stand up for himself. Even then, he had his weak moments giving into their words, but here was a pony that was telling him that he wasn't ugly. Not for the first time that day, the odd warm swelling feeling came over him. He didn’t know if he felt it because a pony agreed with him or because it was Fluttershy, maybe it was a bit of both.

“Those names they call you make me so mad, I-I just could scream.”

Fluttershy let out a loud scream of frustration, well.. a loud scream for her.

When Fluttershy looked up from her scream , she saw that Discord was holding a silver rectangular object. Not that different from the machines that measure how fast a pegasus can fly, except this one had a wire attached to it which lead to a microphone pointed directly at her.

Discord whistled in false shock. “Wow Fluttershy! That’s the loudest scream you've ever done. You registered 3 out of 10, ordinarily you're at a 0.5. Have you been practising?”

Discord dismissed the device out of existence. He turned his attention back to Fluttershy, a sly smile playing on the edge of his lips. A question formed in his mind.

“Sooo Shyyyyy.” Discord said in a low sly tone that Fluttershy knew all too well, knowing he was up to something.

“Yessss, Discord” Fluttershy said cautiously.

Discord wrapped his serpent body close to her’s, not yet touching each other but close enough to feel the other’s body heat.“If you disagree with what those ponies are saying about my looks...” he said nonchalantly looking at his clothes, picking an invisible speck of dirt out of them, before turning his gaze back to Fluttershy, “then what is your opinion of them?” he said, bringing his head so close to hers that their muzzles were mere inches from touching.

Fluttershy cheeks turned a light shade of pink. “W-well t-the others say th-”

“I didn't ask for what other say about me.” Discord said calmly, though inside his heart was pounding with a strange excitement. “I only want to know what you have to say.” He said, lightly poking Fluttershy's nose with the end of his claw.

Fluttershy’s blush intensified. She drew her head back, her mane covered her face. A sign that Discord had come to recognize. She was about to say something she was nervous or shy about.

He heard her mumble something inaudible behind the pink curtain of hair.

“Come again.” Discord said, bring his head a little closer to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy sucked in a quiet but deep breath. “I” was the only word that Discord heard, the rest of her voice faded to nothing .

“A little louder.” Discord said.

“I….think....your-” The last word was inaudible to him.

“One last time” Discord said playfully goading her. Behind his playful words, he was trying to keep the excitement, that had built to its zenith, in check.

“I… think...your..” Fluttershy paused, “Handsome.” Fluttershy said the last part as quietly as she could and then flinched back, looking anywhere but at Discord.

Discord was shocked, he had hoped that would be her reply but he did not expect his hopes to be
rewarded. His spirits soared with pleasure.

He wondered if he would have felt the same reaction if one of his other friends, not Fluttershy, had told him he was handsome . Come to think of it, he didn't know if he was excited because somepony was saying he was good looking, or he was excited because the pony saying it was Fluttershy. The latter for some odd reason was more appealing to him.


In a sudden strange burst of courage, Discord knelt down and gently pushed some of Fluttershy long pink locks away from her face ,so he could see her rosy flushed cheeks.

“Well,.... uhm... I think you're pretty.. handsome,” he added quickly “too Fluttershy”. He could feel his cheeks flushing again and kicked himself mentally. He was never good at complimenting ponies; a thought crossed his mind why was he so nervous about complimenting Fluttershy anyway. What is happening to me, Discord thought turning away from Fluttershy to hide the incoming blush.


Fluttershy looked up questioningly at the draconequus. A feeling of happiness was coming over her, at Discord’s compliment about her looks, even though it was an odd one.

“You think I am handsome?” Fluttershy repeated.

“Well first of actually I said you were pretty handsome” Discord said quickly “ and secondly of course I do, would I ever blatantly lie to you.” Discord said turning to her again with most of his composure regained.

“ T-Thank you Discord.” A small but bright smile played on her lips.

“For what?” he questioned. His outer composure held but his inner composure was starting to waver, all from a simple smile.

“For calling you pretty-handsome.” Discord guessed . “You're probably called much nicer things than that, Fluttershy.”

“Well no. No one has ever complimented me on my looks before; it's nice to hear that some pony thinks I look good.” she said meekly.

“Well uhm ...you're welcome.” Discord replied ,just as meekly. He felt like he needed to add more but he didn't know what to say or how to say it. Should he that, he had never been complimented on his looks either. Or tell her that she was not pretty handsome but pretty, no, beautiful. Or tell her of this strange warm feeling that came over him after a smile or hug from her.

He shook his head vigorously trying to rid himself of the thoughts that were appeared in his head, like bubbles from a bubble bath.

“What’s happening to me? I've never had these types of thoughts before. Maybe I’m coming down with a fever; or perhaps I'm developing an allergic reaction, but to what? Maybe Fluttershy….no that can't be! I can't be allergic to her...can I? Maybe she wearing some sort of perfume? No that’s crazy; she never wears perfume, she’s always afraid one of her animals will be poisoned by it. What ?How long have I been thinking to myself?”


He quickly came to the conclusion that not voicing any of his previous thoughts and choosing a safer route, would be wisest and changed the subject.

“I suppose if the things ponies call me bothers you so much, Fluttershy, then I make an attempt contribute to the setup of the festival.”

“That’s all any of us can ask of you.” Fluttershy replied, her smile still on her lips. As she resumed her walk back to her cottage.

Discord walked after her. “And perhaps if I help the population of ponyville, they will stop blaming me for every chaotic thing that happens in ponyville.” he added.

Fluttershy looked at Discord. “Ponies don't blame you forever chaotic thing that happens in ponyville”, though even she knew her words were false.

Discord looked down at Fluttershy skeptically “ Oh really?” he said in a tone of voice that matched his expression. “How about the time Rarity's cat grew as big as a mountain, or when the everfree forest attacked…..for the second time?” he quickly added.

“I mean I didn't initially mind getting blamed for all the chaotic troubles that happened, but now it's so boring and repetitive . It's not like ponyville wasn't always chaotic anyway, it had Pinkie Pie bouncing about for crying out loud but now that I am back and make regular visits they seem to place all the troubles onto me.”

“I never blamed you for any of that stuff Discord, because I never believed you did any of it.” Fluttershy replied.

“Really?” Discord questioned. “You didn't have the slightest inkling that I could have done any of that?”

“You could have done it, but I felt like you didn't.”

“Really? How about the time Rarity went all crazy and started remodeling ponyville.” Discord queried.

Fluttershy shook her her head. “ I knew something strange was happening, but it didn't seem like something you would do.”

“And what is something I would do?”

“Well...instead polishing the road till it sparkled, you would turn it to soap or maybe... wax it or perhaps turn it to ice so you could skate on it, or you might have turned it into bubble gum.”

“True” Discord nodded fondly.

“Next, you wouldn't cover the ponyville gazebo in crystals, you would maybe cover it in icing or maybe turn it into a bounce house version.”

“Perhaps” Discord acknowledged.

“ and finally, Rarity turned my birdhouse into a mansion, and I know you would never do anything like that without my approval, and if you were to do it, you would turn it into gingerbread house or something like that.” Fluttershy finished.

Discord stared at Fluttershy, genuinely shocked.

“Am I getting really that predictable?” he finally said.

“I wouldn't say predictable, it's still surprising what your chaos magic can do, it's more....” Fluttershy paused as she tried to find the right words. “ well, I don’t really know! I just have a sense of when it's you who’s up to something” she said slowly.

“I suppose it’s all the time you spend with me. Probably you’ve developed a sense of my magic. ” Discord suggested. “You know Fluttershy, I wouldn't mind the towns’ ponies for blaming me for all the chaotic troubles ponyville has so much, if I could be there to experience some of the natural chaotic fun.”

Then Discord suddenly broke into laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Fluttershy asked.

It took a moment for Discord to speak through his laughter, “Oh I'm just... remembering the letter you sent me, a while back, saying that half of the town was turned into produce…..ha ha ha...” His laughter started up again.

Fluttershy frowned, at his sudden outburst “Discord..” she said disapprovingly.

“Rainbowdash as a zap apple, oh... I would have loved to have seen that.”

“Disco-”

“Tell me again Fluttershy, what was Twilight, an aubergine?”

“Yes, Twilight was an eggplant with broccoli’s for limbs but Dis-” she was cut off again.

“Broccolis for limbs, that’s brilliant.” he crowed as his laughter continued.

Fluttershy decided to wait for Discord’s laughter to die before she spoke.

After about 3 minutes, Discord laughter finally faded, “I wonder if I am having some sort of influence on the CMC?” he finally said through a few stray giggles.

“Discord, it's not funny.” Fluttershy said sternly.

“On the contrary, it was quite ... appealing.” He then broke down into another fit of laughter at his joke.

“I am serious Discord, it isn't. I was terrified when I was turned into a banana...” Fluttershy then blinked at her statement.

Discord stopped his laughter as well but the big smile on his face didn't fade.

Fluttershy couldn't help her face from turning from a serious frown into a smile of unmistakable joy, as well.

Through her attempt to keep her face serious from the bubbling laughter, Fluttershy was making quite amusing face. Discord fell back into hysterical laughter which soon Fluttershy joined in.

“Well it's funny now that I am back to normal; but at the time, I was really scared.” Fluttershy said through her gasps recovering from her laughter.

“I don't see why. I thought you would be used to be turned into random things. I mean, you were already turned into a Comic book hero, bat and a breezy; I even turned you into orange once and you didn't seemed bothered by that. So what has you so scared about being turned into a banana, well save for the hey potassium levels.”

“It was different those times; I had no memory of being turned into bat, it was only when Twilight, turned me back that I ever knew I was one and I wasn't alone when I was a breezy or sucked into the comic book, I had our friends. I also knew that Twilight could change us back when we were breezys. The same way I knew you would turn me back to normal, from being an orange.”

Discord felt his heart warm, from her trust in him.

“But it was a total shock when I was a turned into banana. I had no idea what was going on. I mean one minute I'm a pegasus, getting supplies for my animals, and the next thing I knew….”

“You’re a banana with eyes and a mouth and lemons for legs?” Discord chuckled.

Fluttershy ,sheepishly, nodded.

“Well if being a banana , discouraged you so much Fluttershy, you could have written to me I would have been down in ponyville in a snap.”

She raised a sceptical eyebrow at him.“ To reverse the spell or to see the chaos that was unfolding through town?” Fluttershy asked.

“Wwweeell... I would have to take in my surroundings first to know what counterspell I'd have to use to reverse things…. But” he quickly added seeing Fluttershy roll her eyes, “as soon as that was done, I swear I would have returned you back to your pony form.” Discord withheld the comment about turning the rest of the town pony’s back immediately, why ruin Sweetie’s work immediately.

“I prefer you as a pegasus, Fluttershy, than any other creature, or fruit as the situation may be.”

“Do you really mean that, Discord?” Fluttershy asked a little shyly,he could see a smile playing on her lips

“What a question, Fluttershy of course I mean it. Though I would be interested to see you as banana, if it disturbed you so much I would immediately turn you back to your pegasus form, nothing beats the original, But...” Discord added slyly.

“But what?”

“I’m sure you would be a pretty handsome banna.”

A new blush bloomed on Fluttershy cheeks and her smile grew a few more inches. Before she concealed it with a bit of her mane.

Discord felt that ,odd, warm sensation spread through his body, at seeing Fluttershy smile at his compliment, “at least I think that's a compliment?” he thought to himself.

“I wounder what I would have turned into if Sweetie bells spell hit me” Discord said musing over the idea, as well as changing the subject.

Fluttershy looked back up to Discord. “Hmm, I’m not sure, perhaps you'd be a combination of produce? given your appearance”

“Sure” he said nodding his consent to the idea, then his smile grew again, “so do you think I would have, perhaps a jalapeno tail?”

In a flash a light Discord’s serpent tail was gone, to be replaced by a red jalapeno .

“Maybe I would even have a garlic glove at the end of it?” on cue a single white garlic clove sprouted out of the tip of the jalapeno tail.

“My lizard leg can be a cucumber and my goat leg a potato.” as he said the words his legs turned into the vegetables. As Discord made each of his transformations he grew smaller and smaller.

“ O and my lion paw can be a squash and my eagle talon a mango.” The two yellow fruits appeared in the designated places.

“Now my body….hmmm” He released his mango hand to stroke his beard but only succeeded in fiddling with it. “Any ideas Fluttershy?”

“D-Disc-cord...” Fluttershy uttered between her giggles.

“Perhaps I’ll take a page out of your book” and in a white flash his body turned into an oversized brown banana. he had to move on to all fours and his new body had shrunk to half the size of his original form. “ We’re like two bananas in a bushel .” he joked.

He took her adorable laughter as consent.

“Now for the most fabulous part of my anatomy.” Gesturing his yellow squash arm to his face.

In a flash Discord’s pony head had disappeared and it’s place precisely on the banana stem, which was now his neck, was taken by a grinning day melon. There were still some parts of his anatomy that he retained; he still had his goat beard and he retained his eyebrows. But in his new form he was significantly shorter, his size equivalent to a over sized watermelon.

Noting his horn were still there, he scowled, as if hoping they would just retract on their own.

Fluttershy had recovered enough from her laughing fit to notice the scowl and how his eyes were locked heavenward to his horns and quickly guessed what was troubling him.

“Perhaps your deer antler could be a ginger root and your goat horn could be a blue carrot.”

Discord turned his gaze away from what was troubling him and stared at Fluttershy in bewilderment at what she had said.

And then grinned. “Fluttershy what a chaotic and unusual way of thinking… I LOVE IT” he cried. He made the suggested changes with a flash.

He smiled, looking up and admiring his new set of edible horns.

“Any thoughts on the wings?” he asked turning his back showing his bat wing and feathered wing.

Fluttershy pondered this for a moment before answering. “Perhaps ...your bat wing could be a purple cabbage leaf and your other wing could be a eucalyptus leaf.”

As soon she had finished her sentence, Discord started making his changes. His bat wing grew flat and the ends of it became circle shaped, while his blue wing grew longer and skinnier. They both took the forms Fluttershy had suggested.

“Well what do you think, Shy?” Discord said showing of his transformation. Flexing his jalapeno tail, causing the garlic clove to wobble about, and flapping his drooping wings, in a half hearted attempt to fly.

“ You..look...” was all Fluttershy got out before a torrent of her own laughter cut off her words.

“Like a walking, talking fruit salad?” Discord prompted her as he strutted about. “Whatever I look like you can bet I am chaotically delicious, and nutritious. And all parts are naturally grown” he crowed.

Discord was so busy joking that he didn't notice where he was going. So it was odd when his mango leg bumped into something soft.

He turned his attention forward to come eye to black souless eye with brown fluffy bunny. Although in Discord opinion it was not that fluffy at the moment especially when its’ little tongue stuck out and licked his lips.

Discord’s good humour died instantly, he gulped audibly and started to sweat, well technically it was not sweat that was coming out of his pores it was more of a mixture of the juices of the vegetables he was made up of.

“F-FFluttershy.” Discord to his utter shame stuttered out.

Fluttershy looked up from her laughter. her eyes wide at the predicament Discord was in and then a smile appeared on her lips.

“Now, now, Mrs Cotton, you wouldn't want to eat him.” she said fluttering over to the rabbit and maneuvering so she was standing over Discord and she was smiling down at the brown rabbit.

The rabbit looked up at her, then back to Discord, who was already backing farther away from the rabbit.

Fluttershy noted the lingering gaze the rabbit had on Discord, and she forced her smile to widen. “Tell you what if you don't eat him, I’ll give you an extra big surprise in your treat bowl.” Fluttershy prompted.

Mr Cottontail, pondered this; the gears in his head almost visibly turning as he processed the information. After what seemed like a lifetime to Discord the bunny nodded and bounded off to the house.

Discord watched the bunny bouncing down the road which lead to Fluttershy’s cottage.

“You ok Discord?” Fluttershy asked, concern in her voice.

Discord nodded as he walked out from beneath Fluttershy. “Fine, although I believe I understand how you were feeling while you were a banana, Shy”

He then smashed his squash arm on the ground splintering it and revealing his lion paw. He smashed his lions paw on to his head shattering the melon and his vegetable horns as well, revealing Discord’s regular head and horn. He then stood up on his potato leg and cucumber leg and a zipper appeared on the front of his chest which he pulled down revealing his enlarging brown serpentine body. He shrugged off the banana skin with the attached edible wings.

He then used his paw to grab a loose piece of skin on the mango, and proceeded to unravel his arm. In a matter of seconds, his eagle talon was visible and any trace of the mango was just a long curly piece of skin which Discord tossed onto the growing pile of debris.

“I'm just glad, that a certain bunny wasn’t that pe-uhm, Angel, I think he would have eaten first and asked later, if at all.” Discord said as he summoned a potato peeler and began to peel around his potato leg.

“Oh, I don't think Angel would have eaten you Discord; I think he kind of likes you.”

Discord stopped carving his potato goat leg, to shoot a quizzical stare at Fluttershy before he started on his cucumber leg.

“In his own way.” Fluttershy sheepishly admitted, “besides I don't think Angel likes eucalyptus.”


“There’s a comforting thought, all that would be left of the spirit of chaos would be a wing, or in the case I was in a strip of eucalyptus.” Discord laughed, flexing his newly carved legs. He kicked them about and the thin layer of cucumber and potato that covered them fell off revealing his scaly lizard leg and his smooth goat leg.

Discord then reached behind to his red jalapeno tail and pulled the garlic clove from the tip. He began to peel it and in doing so his tail began to deflate, with the sound of a balloon losing air.

“Will I guess that takes the cake for the worst punishment, being eaten by a rabbit.” Fluttershy giggled.

She thought Discord would add something, but instead all Fluttershy heard was Discord corking his tail with a now transformed garlic clove that had been peeled so it was like his tail feathers. But no laughter!

She looked up and saw a rare sight. Discord’s face looked serious.

Fluttershy laughter ceased , when she saw his look.

“Trust me, Fluttershy.” Discord said. He turned away from her. “ There are worst punishments”. A shiver ran through his body.

Fluttershy’s ears fell as guilt swept her memory; why had she said that she thought. Discord would know all about punishment, he had been turned to stone twice. She knew at the time, they had no choice. Now when she looked at Discord, Fluttershy could never imagine doing that to him, the thought just seemed to scar her heart. Being turned to stone for 1000 years, who knew how that would affect someone.

Discord looked down Fluttershy and felt his guilt flood back when he saw her face. Why did she have to be so understanding, Discord thought, as he looked at the sadness on her face. He tried to think of way to cheer her up forgetting about his own emotion.

“But getting eaten by bunnies would be by far the most humiliating ways to go” Discord added in his usual jovial voice.

Fluttershy didn't respond to the question, instead she said softly. “ Discord you know I would never let anything bad happen to you.”

He was taken aback at Fluttershy’s statement. He wasn't entirely sure how to reply.

“Shouldn't I be the one telling you that, Fluttershy, I mean who, out of the two of us here, has the power to morf reality as you know it.”

“I know I am not much compared to your magic Discord, but I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you.” Fluttershy said meekly

For the umteempth time that day, Discord’s heart did the thing of warming up and turn all mushy. He was unsure how to reply to what Fluttershy just said, he was still new to these types of touching talks.
He decided to change the subject.


“So what exactly what is this treat your going to give this Mr Cottontail.”

“Oh, it’s a mixture of carrot, dandelion and celery all mixed into a cookie.”

“Won’t a certain white rat with overlarge ears and stubby tail get jealous?” Discord asked.

Fluttershy decided to let the comment about Angel slide.
“I was wondering if you would actually give Mr Cottontail the treat Discord.”

“I could do all the animals if you want Flutters, it will take only a mere thought, clap or a snap, then we can spend the rest of the day hanging out.”

“ There's no need for you to do all the animals Discord, but I was wondering if you could help me out with half of them, without the use of magic.”


“Without…” Fluttershy nodded not needing him to finish his sentence. “Oh come on Fluttershy, that will take all day if I don't use my magic. ”

“ It won't take the rest of the day Discord not if we do it together.”

“I don't see why you don’t want me to use magic. ” Discord grumbled.

“ I want my animals to trust you, and that tends to work best when they see you filling their food bowls instead of food magically appearing in them out of thin air.”

Discord was about to interject when Fluttershy cut him off.

“Please Discord, it would mean a lot if you did.” Fluttershy said her teal eyes glistening.

He wanted to say no, he wanted to fight back and say he didn't want to feed her critters. Instead Discord looked at those teal eyes; those kind, pleading eyes,it felt like he was falling into them; he doubted he could say no to those eyes, let alone who they belonged to so instead he sighed in defeat.

“Fine, I'll help feed the animals, under one condition.” Discord said relenting. “That I don't have to feed any bunnies.”

Fluttershy smiled. “Deal.” She said.

And the two happily made the rest of the way to the cottage.
______________________________________

The rest of day they spent feeding Fluttershy’s animals.
And the afternoon was spent bathing them. Fluttershy had miraculously persuade Discord to assist her in cleaning them as well.

Though halfway through cleaning them a water fight broke out between Angel and Discord, both blaming the other for starting it.

The battle soon involved all of Fluttershy’s animals and even Fluttershy who was at first reluctant to join in, and tried to break up the water war, but then after a stray water balloon hit her, she quickly changed her mind.

The group had an epic fight till the sun fell down and h put an end to the battle in order to prepare the dinner for animals. They had to clean the animals again after the war as all the participants were mud covered. Fluttershy relented and Discord magically cleaned the animals .

He even conjured up a dinner for the couple. Fluttershy dined on a variety of greens and fruit. Discord’s dinner consisted of the same, although his were entirely of wax.

After the dinner and a not so pleasant game of snakes and ladders for Angel.

The two went to bed ,Discord going to the guest room Fluttershy had prepared for him.

But only one of the two of them had a pleasant dreams.

Comments ( 10 )

Can't wait for more chapters

6620590
thanks for the comment.:twilightsmile: Hope fully I can update soon, But knowing me it will take all lot of time.

Can't wait for the next one!

Discord calling Fluttershy "Pretty handsome" is TOO CUTE!

please update soon

can we um see more chapters soon

7460009
maybe soon I am terrible about blanking out my life and righting

Can we please have more?:applecry:

Login or register to comment