• Published 15th May 2012
  • 2,712 Views, 12 Comments

I'm not who I think I am. - Phoenix Kitten



After a long night,Twilight Sparkle wakes up in the last place she expected,or does she?

  • ...
4
 12
 2,712

I'm not who I think I am.

"ugh" The mare groaned as she shifted under the covers of her bed. "My head. It's like Pinkie Pie threw a party in my head and it only just stopped."
She shook her head and sat up, noting that her room looked somewhat different today. With a shrug she slipped out of bed and trotted over to the en-suite bathroom and opened the cabinet, grabbing a tooth brush and tube of toothpaste with her hooves.
"Guess this headache is killing my ability to use my magic." She chuckled softly before closing the cabinet and taking a good long look at herself in the mirror. Her eyes narrowed as she scrutinized the pony staring back at her.
She turned on the tap in over the sink and let it fill with cold water before plunging her head into it and pulling it back out a few seconds later.

The same pony, now drenched in water, stared back at her.
"I'm... Pinkie Pie? Why am I Pinkie Pie? Up until this morning I've been Twilight Sparkle. So why am I now suddenly Pinkie Pie?" The now pink mare asked herself.

"Okay...keep yourself calm. Just relax. Hopefully you're still dreaming and this isn't really happening." Twilight told herself as she looked at the mirror in despair.
She trepidly lowered her head and took a mouthful of the fur and skin on her left foreleg and gave a short,sharp tug.
"Yow!" she yelped, snapping her eyes shut,daring to open them a few seconds later and look into the mirror again. "Oh-ho-nooo... I am awake..." She moaned sadly.
"And I'm in Pinkie Pie's body. Which means she's... in... my..." her voice trailed off as the implications of Pinkie having complete control, or lack there of, over her incredibly powerful magic.
Twilight glanced at the calender in Pinkie's bedroom. "Saturday. Today is Saturday. Pinkie doesn't have work today so I can just waltz on over to the library and see if I can't fix this."
"Or... what's left of it..."

A knock on the bedroom door made her jump.

"Pinkie dear?" Mrs. Cake's voice rang from the other side. "Are you up yet?"

'Oh no... I don't know how to be Pinkie. I can't act like her... wait. That's it!'
"Uhh... Yeah. I'm up. Sorry I'm taking so long Mrs. Cake. I'm just feeling a little off today."

"Oh you poor thing. What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I guess I just don't feel like myself today."

"Ohh. Well take it easy today okay? Do you want me to tell Applejack that you won't be able to help her today?"

'Shoot... there goes heading straight to the library.'
"Uhh... no thanks. I'll help her. Maybe it'll help me clear my head."

"Alright Pinkie." Mrs. Cake sounded concerned. "But still, take it easy today."

"I will." Twilight responded in the best Pinkie impersonation she could muster.

---

A few minutes later Twilight was trotting through Ponyville. "I'm going to be passing by the library on my way to Sweet Apple Acres. I may as well call in and see if she's feeling it too." she thought aloud, angling her borrowed body in the direction of the library.

"I hope Spike managed to keep her calm, my magic isn't exactly very stable like other unicorn's magic. If she's stressed then she may as well be in Stalliongrad right now. That teleport spell seems to fire up whenever I get stressed or nervous." She was brought out of her thoughts when her ears started flopping about on her head randomly.
"Well lookie there. Pinkie Sense." She mused as her eyes fluttered like a bug had flown into them. "At least now I know she wasn't lieing when she said it's completely randooof." She finished as the knee's on her forelegs started twitching so hard she fell on her back, just in time to avoid the lower half of the library door slamming open,with Spike backing out carrying a stack of books.

It might have just been her own dazed imagination but she could swear she could hear beeping.

"Hey Pinkie Pie." The baby dragon greeted her.

"Hi Spike." Twilight responded as she got up. "Is.. Twilight in?" 'Ugh. that felt so weird.'

"Yeah, she's shelving books while Rainbow is reading."

'Oh horseapples that's right. Rainbow Dash comes in every Saturday to read.' "Oh. Okay. I'll come back later then." She smiled as convincingly as she could and trotted off towards Sweet Apple Acres again. 'At least Pinkie is doing a good job acting as me.'

---

'Ugh.... I was hoping it would be just some manual labor that she needed help with. Not helping her bake.'

"Are you okay there sugahcube?" Applejack asked her. "You seem kinda out of it."

"That's one way to put it I guess." Twilight sighed. "I'm just not feeling like 'me' today is all."

"Somethin' more than that sugah. You're actin' like a completely different pony."

Twilight looked around. "Is anypony else here?"

"Nope. Just the two of us. Why?"

She trotted over to the farmpony and wrapped a hoof around her neck, pulling her head low and whispering. "What would you do if one day you woke up in somepony else's body?"

Applejack blinked and thought for a minute. "Ah don't know. Why?"

Twilight sighed. "I was hoping to avoid this."

"Avoid what?"

"I'm not Pinkie Pie."

Applejack stopped, looked her over and chuckled. "Yer yankin' mah tail ain't ya sugahcube?"

Twilight gave her a flat stare. "No Applejack I'm not. I'm not Pinkie Pie."

Applejack chuckled a little more. "You can stop it now Sugah, the joke is funny but now yer overdoin' it."

"Applejack!" Twilight shouted and grabbed her friend by the shoulders. "I'm not Pinkie Pie. I'm Twilight. I don't know how but I woke up this morning in Pinkie's body!"

The orange mare stopped chuckling and just looked at her. "You didn't hit yer head at anypoint today did you?"

Twilight rolled her eyes and gave up, starting to chuckle. "Yeah. You got me AJ. Guess I did drag the joke on a little too long and got a little too into it." She sighed. "Look... I'm not really feeling right today. I'm sorry but, could I please go?"

Applejack gave her a friendly nuzzle, which Twilight noted, made her involuntarily blush a little. "Sure thing Sugahcube. Ah could probably get Fluttershy to give me a hoof with this here bakin' anyhow."

"Thanks Applejack." Twilight smiled. "Sorry I couldn't be more help."

"Aw shucks. Y'all did more than enough that ah managed to double mah productivity today." the farmer smiled. "Now go on. Get a good night's rest."

"Yeah." she nodded. "I'll do that."

---

Twilight sat on a bench in the park, thinking hard about what had happened. "Okay go over what happened yesterday... you went to Canterlot to spend time with your family. That lasted until after lunch when you headed back to Ponyville. Then you headed over to Rainbow's nap spot to... no that's not right. I headed to Rarity's to assist her with a dress design. Then Rainbow and AJ showed up with me-ugh. with Pinkie and the five of you headed out to meet Fluttershy for a dinner picnic. Then on the way home I bumped into Twilight-gah! into Pinkie and passed out."

She tapped her hoof to her chin trying to figure it all out before rubbing her temples in annoyance. "Why can't I stop thinking about cupcakes all of a sudden!??" Her head drooped. "Ugh... I'm going to the library." She announced to the thankfully empty park before she jumped off the bench and landed in a bush...

...and suddenly found herself flying out of the flowers next to the library, landing with a thud on the front step,
"Ughh..." She groaned.

She was shaken out of her gaze when she spotted the front door had opened and found herself staring up at her own body.

"Umm... hey there Pinkie." She heard herself say, a look of confusion spread across her face.

Unable to help herself, she giggled, her body moving on automatic. "Hi Twilight. I didn't interrupt anything did I?"

"Not at all Pinkie. What are you doing here?"

"Like I need a reason to visit my friends. But I did have something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh?"

She nodded and ushered her body inside. "Is Spike around?"

"No, he went to help Applejack plant some trees a few hours ago."

"Good." She smiled as she locked the door. "Now you've got to help me."

She watched her body blink in surprise. "Help you with what?"

"Like you don't know. You can stop acting now."

"Acting? Who's acting?"

Twilight narrowed her eyes. "Who are you?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Last time I checked."

"But that can't be right. Did you have any weird dreams last night?"

Whoever was piloting her body put a hoof to their chin in thought. "Weird dreams... nope."

Twilight's heart sank. "Great..." She muttered. "Now I'm stuck like this."

"Pinkie, what are you talking about?"

Twilight scoffed at the ineptitude of the pony who had kicked her out of her body. "You have a spell that lets you determine magical auras right? Use it."

The body snatcher shrugged and poured magic into their stolen horn, projecting a field of magic about the room that quickly turned invisible.

Twilight's heart sank again when she looked at her body, their aura was mimicing hers perfectly.
But it rose again shortly after when she heard her voice gasp.

"Y-your aura..."

She feigned cluelessness. "What abo-" She suddenly found herself pressed against the wall with magic.

"Changeling!" She heard herself hiss.

"What!?!" She yelled, both physically and mentally.
A beam of magic struck her legs and slowly dragged itself up her body,revealing a black pony shaped creature with faerie like wings and compound eyes.

"What did you do with Pinkie?"

Nothing...she said nothing, her voice had fled her as her head started throbbing.

"Are you going to answer me?"

Spells, changeling spells flooded her mind, memories returned as others faded.
"Deep cover... fight at Canterlot... lost control... two spells..."

"What?" Twilight reeled, dropping the Changeling as her magic went slack.

"Memory scan," the Changeling clarified. "Accidentally copied your memories into my head."

"Y-you... you can do that?"

"second spell, body share. aiming for you,knocked by another, ended up stowing away in the one you call Pinkie."
She was talking in a monotone as Pinkie's body began to reappear.

"Stop shapeshifting right now!"

The changeling smiled, now looking like Pinkie from the neck down. "I'm not shapeshifting. I woke up this morning after laying dormant in her body for a week, doing nothing but absorbing the love this entire town poured on her, it tasted so sweet." she licked her lips as they turned pink. "But because I'd copied your memories, I was convinced I was you, trapped in her body." The changeling explained, now a perfect copy of Pinkie. "This is your friends body, and I want yours." She smiled sinisterly before tackling the lavender unicorn. "Queen Chrysalis needs a spy!" She hissed in the unicorns ear, her eyes glowing green.

---

Pinkie awoke the next morning laying on the table in the middle of the library and holding her head. "Ohh... my head..."

"Oh. Hello Pinkie." Twilight smiled. "Glad to see you're awake. That Changeling that was controlling your body is gone."

"I had changeling in my body?"

"Mmhmm." Twilight nodded. "She stowed away in you due to an accident in canterlot. But don't worry." Twilight smiled.

Pinkie swore she could see Twilight's eyes flash green for a second as she finished that sentence.

The end?

Comments ( 12 )

Another one hour special.
The basic idea is there but the ending kind of became its own...stupidity. :facehoof:
And like my last Short story,this is a one chapter expedition. :twilightsheepish:
I'm starting to get back into that writing frame of mind so expect a few more of these to pop up so I can keep myself in practice during downtime between bursts of Ponysona.:twilightsmile:

But yeah.The reason for no updates is the rp Ponysona is set in has been quite... chaotic as of late so I haven't really had time to write anything out. :twilightoops:

That's one hell of a dream..

I was confused on who was who.:rainbowhuh:

It may be confusing, but this story is...AWSOME!:yay:

Chaotic? Sounds like fun! -chaoticharmony

Original, creative and interesting all at the same time. Aside from a few grammar/spelling errors, it was a good read.

Wow... This really is a good concept. You may wish to continue it.

For Great Justice!

594385 Thank you for telling me that.Don't know how I forgot to change that setting. :twilightblush:

594603 The original ending was supposed to be so different from this it's not funny. :twilightsheepish:
Well original 2 actually.
The first was that she slowly began to turn into Pinkie through out the course of the day and by the end she's struggling to remember who she is,cut to the next day and Pinkie wakes up in Fluttershy's body...

The second was that the Twilight body was going to cast a spell to try and fix the situation,but something messed up and ended up swapping everypony in Ponyville into different bodies,while overwriting their memories of the event,cue the new Twilight waking up in Applejacks body.

Those were my ideas but for some reason I wrote out something I hadn't even thought of... :twilightoops:
But I guess it turned out alright. :twilightsmile:

That was horribly confusing, but beautifully so! Very nice. :pinkiecrazy::twilightsmile:

T'was a very good story, if I must say so myself. It's very unique in it's plot. There isn't that many body switch fics when you think about it. Hmm. Well, I enjoyed this.

Who says this is confusing? It might be weird, but not confusing

Login or register to comment