• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 1,961 Views, 16 Comments

Return of the Kezzerdrix. - inum76



Dazzle, a young unicorn filly dealing with a nightmare.

  • ...
15
 16
 1,961

Chapter eight: Is it over?

Chapter eight: Is it over?


Dazzle while laying between Flower's forelegs looks up at her mother. "Mom. Something strange has happened."

Flower looks down at her. "After everything that has gone on in the past few days, you are telling me that something strange has happened?"

Dazzle pleaded with her mother for none of her antics. "Mom! Please! I'm serious!"

Flower looked to her with concern. "I'm sorry honey. What is it?"

"Well, that thing is gone I think, just as I predicted. They must have done it, and killed it. I can't feel it in my head anymore. It has been gone for the past few minutes."

Dazzle looks wide-eyed. Then her eyes started to tear up. "Mom! If what I predicted is true, then that means Twilight was killed as well!"

Dazzle buried her head against her mother's chest and cried. Flower held her a little tighter and let her cry it out.

The two heard movement in the direction of the Everfree entrance. It was the sound of ponies waking and wood scraping along the ground.

They could see Lance and Pinkie carrying Twilight in a cot sitting on top of their backs. Followed by Rarity and Rainbow Dash, each with a pony of their own in tow.

Flower and Dazzle got up and waited for the group to get closer. Once when they were all together, Flower asked, "So, what happened in there?"

Lance gave a weary glance to them. "Sorry, honey. Can't talk. I am trying to keep Twilight alive."

Both Flower and Dazzle gave a gasp as they both looked at each other. They both said in joy and wonderment. "She's alive!"

The two stood there as the rest kept moving.

As Rarity got to them she decided to speak to them. "Yes. For the moment, Twilight is alive. But barely. Come, I will tell you what happened as we walk.

"Lance has kept her stable for the moment and we don't have time to waste.

"I must say, if Twilight does pull through, she will likely wish to learn this spell Lance used on her, if she does not know it already. I would not mind learning it myself, if I can.

"As for what happened in there, It got the jump on us even thought we knew it was around. It got Twilight first. Well that is after knocking Pinkie out of his way when she tried to stop him.
"We did our best to fight the thing after, but it did not seem to be enough. I foolishly wished to beat it to death against a tree once I had it in the air. I was so mad at it for what it did to Twilight, I was not thinking.

"I am a fashion designer not a fighter. Though I have been if a few tussles in my time, it is definitely not my thing, and it showed. I did not keep my cool and let my anger get the better of me.

"Now that I think of it I should have held it in the air and let the others tend to it while it could not move.

"I even had Lance helping me. I should have let him show me what to do with it, instead of trying to take over the situation myself. That was my mistake.

"Then it knocked Lance and me out. After, I got up and saw the others still fighting with it.

"It got Applejack. It Broke her left back leg. It might have even broke her back. She can still move her back legs some, so we hope she is not as bad off as she looks.

"Shortly after that, it up and disappeared. We have no idea where it went."

Dazzle's jaw dropped. "Wow! So that is why I can't feel it anymore."

Then Dazzle got worried. "Oh, no!"

Flower and Rarity looked to her. Flower asked, "What is it, honey? It sounded like good news. So what's the problem?"

Dazzle shook her head. "It's not good news. The only good news is that I was wrong about what was going to happen. I never felt so good about being wrong before, because Twilight is still alive, but that thing is too. That thing is still out there somewhere, and I can't help track it.

"Some how, when it vanished, I lost my link to it. I am glad I can't feel it anymore. But now, we have no way of finding it, not like we just did. I may not even be able to tell if it gets another pony in town. I just don't see it!"

Rarity nodded her head. "That is a problem. But perhaps your mother is right and that this is good news. Maybe it means, we will no longer see it again. One can hope, yes?"

Dazzle looked down and sighed, "Yes, we can hope so. If it is not gone though, what do we do then?"

Rarity thought for a moment. "Well while not speaking for Flower or Lance, there will be no more we. Not so long as you can no longer track it for us.

"As your father said, you were only coming along because you could tell us where to find it. Now that you can't. We can't risk taking you along with us to look for it again.

"And it would seem we are now forced to take my earlier suggestion and wait to see if it does show up again.

"I do hope the guards have arrived. We could use their help to secure Ponyville.

"I am not to sure when we can go out looking for it again. Only Lance, Pinkie, and I are left that can manage anything else for the moment. The other four will be laid up for a while.

"And as for Twilight, I have no clue how well she will recover. If at all. She still might not make it. She is really bad off and lost lot's of blood."

The group continued into Ponyville, as each of them worried over what has happened and what still might.

~~~~~~

Some time right after the hunting party left to go find the monster rabbit Trooper and Plunk rejoined Kindle in his room.

Kindle was back to sleep. He was relieved to see his son come back to him after seeing him, and Plunk rush off after the others.

It was grief over the loss of his beloved wife Patty that pained him more than his head now. He just could not bring himself to stay awake for long.

Plunk taped Trooper on the shoulder once while seeing Kindle was well asleep again. "Trooper. I got to talk to you," she whispers to him.

She felt nervous. She was not sure if now was the time. She had no idea how this would go. She remembers that he did not like her at first.

It was all Dazzle's doing that brought them all together. It was Dazzle that gave her a chance at first, not Trooper. Trooper wanted nothing to do with her at first.

It ran in the back of her mind what he might say while she waited for him to respond and without Dazzle around.

He turned his head to her. "Okay. let's go." He walked out of the room and out a back exit door to the Hospital. Plunk followed still feeling nervous.

She looked at his shield cutie mark. It reminded her of who he is. He wanted to be a protector and seems he will become one. At first it seemed he was trying to protect Dazzle from her.

She only recently gained his trust and friendship, unlike her relationship with Dazzle. It pains her to think she might have destroyed that trust with him this time. His loyalty is to his friends.

She wondered if he still truly saw her as one of his friends anymore, as she felt he did for a little while.

She was getting more afraid as they walked out without him saying a thing to her.

Plunk was told of when Trooper got his cutie mark. He was the first of the three to get theirs.

It was back when Prudence was first starting out teasing Dazzle. Trooper got in the way. Prudence used her magic on him and hit him with a rock. Trooper took the hit and bucked her. She had magic, well before Dazzle did. But it was yet to be all that strong or effective. Trooper showed Prudence not to underestimate an earth pony.

While Trooper intended to protect Dazzle from a pony with magic is when he got his cutie mark.

Trooper could not always be around. This left Dazzle at times having to fend for herself.

After Dazzle had pummeled Prudence in return with a bunch of rocks all at once, seeing how Prudence liked to use rocks on others. Trooper wondered if Dazzle would need him anymore after finding out about this.

Though she could now protect herself some on her own, Dazzle developed other problems. She went to him when she was stressed or saddened by something. Trooper felt if he were not needed to protect her from harm, he should be an emotional foundation to support her whenever she was feeling down.

With what Dazzle is dealing with now, Trooper felt he could not truly help her. And he knows he can't protect her from the things that made her sad at the moment. The things she felt from others, and that monster rabbit.

In his mind as Plunk and him walked he felt, now there is Plunk and all the things going on since she showed up. Plunk's knack for getting into trouble, and her impulsiveness to do as she wished. Though she was a big help to Dazzle in a way, he knew he could not.

His mother told him it was a girl thing, though he was unsure about that. He felt in the dark as to what did go on between the two fillies in his life.

Even though the monster that took his mother was a much bigger concern to him, as well as his father, he wished to find out what was going on between Dazzle and plunk.

Dazzle was out there looking for that monster without him. Not that he felt he could do much to it if he seen it again. For the moment, Plunk was his current concern after she got his atention.

She tried to kiss him, and now she wanted to talk to him alone about it. He still didn't know what to do about her, or what to say to her about that.

Trooper continued around a corner where it seemed no one was. He stopped and turned to face her then sat.

Plunk looked to him with a lump in her throat and sat as well. She sat for a moment waiting to see if he would speak first.

After a short wait he did. "Ok, talk!" he said gruffly, a little more than he intended.

At this Plunk held a hoof up and over the front of her in a defensive show of feeling intimidation and shame.

Trooper saw this and eased up. He was still irritated at not being with Dazzle though he knew Plunk was fully to blame for this. He talked more calmly and tried to sound more at ease. He did not wish her to think he was mad at her. "I can't pretend to know what you are thinking. I am not Dazzle. I just want you to know I am still your friend. I can't say I have liked you spending so much time with Dazzle instead of her with me."

At this Plunk was starting to feel guilty. She thought, of course, he would. He was in love with Dazzle, and I have been taking up much of Dazzle's time from him.

Trooper continued. "As much as I have not liked that-"

His eyes started to tear up just a little at thinking about his mother. "The last of what my Mom had told me was to be kind to you."

He sniffled as he struggled to keep his emotions at bay before they took over. "I saw you were trying to be there for Dazzle as I would have. I can't hate you for that. I am actually glad you have been there for her as you have."

Plunk mentally shrunk inside from him even stating the idea he could even dislike her again never-mind hate her.

He could see her responding to his words and saw her looking a bit glum. He did his best to not sound upset as the emotions over the past day and night made that difficult for him. "I see you are not the bad pony I once thought you were. But I don't love you. Not the way you may want me to."

Plunk gasped and turned to her side tearing up as well. She felt she had messed up again.

She thought more about it. No, of course he didn't love me, I knew this. I know I should not have expected him too. We only have known each other for a little over two months, and even then we saw little of each other. I spent most of my time here with Dazzle. I also know he is not as impulsive as I have been. But he doesn't hate me. He told me so.

This thought had made her feel better. She wondered where he was going with this. She decided to speak. "No, I didn't think you would. I am sorry for what I tried to do. I was being wrongfully impulsive again. I didn't mean to upset you. or to embarrass you in front of Dazzle and Flower as I must have. Can you forgive me?"

Trooper completely surprised her by scooting closer to her and putting a hoof around her shoulder. Not really a holding her, but being close to her just the same. "I already have. I had a talk with my Mom."

He lowered his head as he tried to speak without breaking down while he thought of his mother.

Plunk saw his struggling and wanted to hold him but didn't. Not wanting to make him turn away or run like before, so she kept to herself.

Trooper spoke quietly. "Plunk what I mean to say is that I don't love you the same as I do Dazzle.

"But I see you are a good friend to her and deserving of it. You proved that to me last night with how concerned you were for Dazzle and me. I don't want you to feel left out or alone anymore.

"If you have such feelings for me, I think I can be understanding of that. I have lived my whole life with Dazzle. Well, for as long as it has been. It feels like a long time.

"But I just met you. I can't fall in love with you just like that. I never thought of it till now. All I wanted was Dazzle. What I am trying to say is, You didn't mess up.

"I am not ready for such a relationship with you right now. But that could change."

It ran in her mind those words she was so hoping to hear, "You didn't mess up." She felt such relief. She needed to ask, "So, I am still your friend?"

Plunk's eyes went wide as she thought about the rest of what he said. "Are you saying what I think you are saying?"

Trooper gave a slight nod. "I think so. As I said, I had a talk with my Mom. From what she told me. We could be more than friends. But in time.

"So, if you are thinking that there is a chance for more between us, then yes. Well, I give no promises.

"My question to you before I say anymore is, how do you feel about it? I mean, I would like to know. What were you really thinking and or hoping for when you attempted to kiss me? You were trying to kiss me right?"

This time Plunk gave a slight nod of her own. "I am so sorry about that. Dazzle told me how much that upset you. Dazzle keeps pointing out how I upset others with the things I do. Like my Mom dose, but not in the same way as my Mom.

"Thought I did not need Dazzle to show me this time. I could tell I upset you when you moved to run away. I felt so bad about putting you on the spot like that. Mostly in front of Dazzle. I did not want to get either of you upset with me. I swear it."

She shifted a little wanting to hold him but resisted again. "I am... I am sorry for doing something so foolish to you. To you both. I was feeling alone. I was feeling I wanted more in my life like I saw others have. Do to so much all at once, I felt scared I might not get the chance. So I just reacted when I saw you then.

"But there is more to it than that. Dazzle got me into reading books. I got addicted to romance stories."

Plunk said that while blushing from telling him. She gave a quick glance into his eyes while wondering what he must think of her for that.

She did not saw him shift in place a bit, but not much else. So she continued. "I have been watching how you and Dazzle are like together at times. At first I thought it was silly. But now, I kind of felt jealous.

"On top of that I was scared of what is going on. That monster is out there. I am sorry for bringing it up. But I could not help but feel how close I was to being killed by that thing. Both of us, or even all three of us.

"Dazzle saved me; she saved us. We could have died. It's in the back of my mind just how close I was to dying that day. Or while it is out there it still might get me or anyone like it did to Fluttershy and your mom.

"I can't tell you how scary that feels to me. I want to live, to have a good life and to love, and be loved. I don't want to miss out on that.

"And you, you are the only one I felt close enough to, to try what I was feeling on what I thought I wanted. To know what it is like to-"

She felt like crying, she just wanted to be held. She closed her eye. She could not bring herself to try and do anything to him. "I am truly sorry I didn't ask or let you know what I was thinking. I don't want to lose you or Dazzle. The two of you mean more to me than I can say."

She looked back into his eyes. "Please say you understand?"

Trooper could feel her desperation. He had no idea she felt this way till now. Dazzle did suggest it to him. But to hear Plunk say it in person, that was different.

Here was someone he only just learned to like, pouring her heart and soul to him in a way he never expected from her before. He never thought of her as the sentimental type. He was getting the idea that he really didn’t know her all that well. And that there is more to her then he first thought.

He thought more about what his mother had told him. Did Plunk really feel this way? Was it right for him to be just her friend after all this? She was not Dazzle. Still, he could not help but feel for her more now than he did.

Was it right for him to feel this way about her? And what would Dazzle of all the ponies in his life think or say? This was beginning to be far too much for him again. He did not know how to proceed. He wonted to know on what he is to do?

His mother was no longer around to ask anymore. He got so much support from her in the past. All he has is her last words given to him on this matter he could take to heart now.

He asked himself, was this what she was talking about? Could he do this? He felt he needed to talk to Dazzle before he thought too much more on this and did or say something he would regret.

Trooper thought on Plunk's last question and felt he had to give an answer. "I understand. At least I think I do. But I don't know what to say. I need time. And I need to talk to Dazzle before I say anything more. I have a feeling this is what she wants. But I must hear her say so in person. I must know first how she feels."

Plunk took a deep breath. "Thank you for not being angry with me. I am... Just, thank you Trooper."

Plunk got from him what she wanted to hear. She was feeling a little insecure with just sitting alone with him outside while still wanting to hold him, but also feeling she shouldn't. She asked of him, "Can we head back in and wait for the others? That is if you wish."

Trooper nodded. "Yes, let's head back in."

The two headed back. Plunk's mind was swimming with remembering her talk with Dazzle. Trooper was just as supportive and understanding as Dazzle said he would be. And it seemed if dazzle wished it, and as far as Plunk was concerned that Dazzle did wish it, the three of them could share a much closer relationship together.

She knew what Dazzle though about this situation and knew that she did support it.
Time. That's all it was going to take is some time. Till then, Plunk was satisfied to wait and see how this would all play out. A small amount of excitement crept into her. She felt good enough about her talk with him.

Now she, just as Trooper felt concern for Dazzle and wished her and the others a safe return.

~~~~~~

There was a rush of activity going on in the hospital. The others were back, but not all was good. Trooper and Plunk were reunited with Dazzle, Flower, and Lance. There was much to be said by all of them.

At least four who returned were assigned a room quickly. Twilight was in critical condition and was assigned a room before any other.

Lance was quite exhausted trying to keep her alive for as long as he could, and felt pleased he could now take a rest.

There was talk by Rarity that The Princess was needed to be contacted immediately, but the fastest way was through Spike. But Spike is at the farm she complained.

Plunk Spoke to Rarity after hearing this. "Rarity I could help. I am not Rainbow Dash, but I can fly fast. If you make your letter, I could fly it to spike for him to send quickly.

"I know where the farm is. I was shown once by Apple Bloom while she was getting things to help Scootaloo with her Rainbow Dash Fan Club. Now that I am a part of it, I helped out on a project with them then. I have been there a few other times after that as well."

Rarity's eyes lit up. "Why that is a great idea. Thank you, Plunk. You are such a jewel! I don't know why some ponies have talked ill of you before."

At this Plunk rubbed the back of her head. "Aaa. That's because I haven't been doing nice things since I got here. But I intend to do better."

Rarity smiled down at her. "Well, I see you are off to a good start. This letter is very important. I am glad you are willing to help. I will have a note made in no time. Be right back."

With that Rarity trotted off to write a note to the princess.

Dazzle and Trooper were a little surprised at Plunk's suggestion to help. Dazzle felt so proud of her.

Dazzle thoght to herself, to think at one time she was a kind of reckless pain to others. And now she is truly helping out more and more.
Trooper felt this was a big change for Plunk as well. He conspired with himself to have a quick chat with Dazzle about Plunk while she was away.

Rarity returned to Pluck with a rolled parchment. "Just turn this over to Spike. You can't miss him. He will be the only Dragon there. Tell him this is for the Princess. He will handle it from there."

Plunk smiled. "I know Spike. I saw him working at the library while I was there getting some books. He is really nice and incredibly helpful."

Rarity smiled again. "That he is. I should know. I have used his help many of times.

"Good to know you do some reading as well. It is a good skill to have."

Rarity waved a hoof in a push off gesture. "Now off you go!"

Plunk gave a salute with the letter in her mouth and buzzed out of there as fast as she could.

Flower and Lance went to see how Kindle was doing.

Kindle woke up due to some of the commotion. "Oh- I am so glad to see you both back safe. Tell me what happened. And where are the little ones?

Flower and Lance looked about their hooves and finally saw the other two were not there.

Lance sat down on a chair to rest, and Flower spoke to Kindle. "I am not sure. They were with us a moment ago. Plunk took off to deliver a letter, but I have no idea where the other two went off to. As for the rest of it Lance will have to tell you. He was the only one there."

Lance was not up to telling a long story at the moment opted to give the short version. "Well, it did not go as planned."

Kindle sat himself up more. "It's still out there? That monster that killed my wife is still running around? What happened to Twilight's group? It sounded like a lot going one when you came in."

Lance gave out a deep breath. "It was unreal. That thing was so fast and strong. Seemed real smart too.

"This was the most incredible part. It went straight after Twilight first thing. I don't know how or why it knew to go after her. But the moment it did it was like our plan completely fell apart.

"It was so fast coming out that I missed it with my lance. It came out the very moment I was not looking. As if it was waiting for that very moment to strike.

"Then it got Twilight so bad she is now in critical condition. For the moment, she is like on borrowed time. I got her back, but she still might not make it.

"As for the rest of us we did our best to put up a fight. It even knocked me out for a time. So I did not see everything that happened.

"Shortly after I came too, I saw it vanish. That is all I know. None of us has any idea where it is now.

"I have seen beasts. But this thing, I tell you we need help with it. For now, the most we could do was to come back alive. Twilight was not the only one to get hurt. If the fight continued... I hate to say it, but it likely would have killed more of us. It was almost like we didn't stand a chance.

"And that was with seven of us against the one. It seems we are lucky it got away, or whatever happened to it.

I am actually surprised that Rainbow Dash survived her first fight with it. It's like fate alone saved her from it then. She took it on herself, but it was wearing her down to do so. If that fight continued from what I was told, it might have gotten her then the rest of us shortly after."

Kindle could hardly believe what he was hearing. "You mean to tell me it did all that. And even though it seemed to be that strong and possibly winning, it disappeared?"

Lance nodded. "Just so. That was the strangest thing about it all. It had us then it was gone. I don't understand it myself. As I said, we were lucky it did go away when it did.

"Applejack was its next target, and it looked about to kill her before it up and vanished."

Kindle leaned over a little. "And you told me you don't trust in luck right before you left."

Lance gave a sigh. "So I did. Seems this thing has changed a lot for me. One of which. I intend to spend more time home.

"Perhaps I can get the Mayor to have me stationed here for a time. From all the stories I hear. This quiet and peaceful little town is not so quiet and peaceful after all. And now this. I can't just take off again with what is going on at the moment. Not after what I saw."

Kindle laid back down. "Yes, this quiet little town has seen its share of disturbances. Never had I thought I would lose Patty to one of them.

"I loved her so much. She would spend time with me in my smithery during some of her off time, just to help me out. She said when she was doing her own work she was by herself doing just that, her own work. Not that she didn't enjoy it, she did. But she also said when she came to help me she was able to spend more time with me, helping me. It helped her to feel happy to help me out.
"I had also spent time with her when she was working with her craft. She showed me how to mold clay. It was quite different then sculpting metal, but not too different.

"We had so much fun together learning about each other, with what we each do, and what we were passionate about. Which was mostly each other. I can't even begin to tell you just how much I will miss her.

Lance sat and nodded, "I know how much you will. You have been in love with her for as long as I can remember."

Kindle quickly stated, "But I can't sit in depression about it. My son; he is going to need me more now than ever without Patty around.

"I don't want him to dwell on this. I don't want this to ruin his life. He is so young and has so much living to do. I can't let him down.

"He would go to Patty for most any personal problems. I may have to step in more and be someone he can turn to like he did with Patty.

"Then again, maybe he still won't need me for such. Now that he has two fillies in his life interested in him."

Lance eyed him. "What do you mean?"

Kindle gave a slight smile. His first in a while. I may not seem I know what is going on at times. But I do know more than you there, Lance, my friend.

"I had a short talk with Patty about our colt's situation with the two fillies. I am sure Flower knows full well what I am talking about. Don't you Flower?"

Flower nodded. "Yes, I know. I saw first hoof of what has been going on. I was there when Plunk tried to give a kiss to your little colt. And I did overhear the two fillies talk about possibly both, well, sharing their love of him with each other, as it were." She finished with a smile.

Kindle raised an eyebrow in question at this news that Flower was there to see what Plunk tried to do, and what Flower said she overheard. "Yep, I knew it was something like that. Patty told me what she knew, a little of it.

"A little before we went to bed, I went to the kitchen to get a drink. On my way back was when that thing showed up and took her from us.

"Plunk and Trooper took off while I snoozed for a bit here. To have a chat about Plunk trying to kiss him. I am sure now, that is what they did then. I have a suspicion Trooper and Dazzle are now off having another chat about the very same thing while Plunk is away. If I am not mistaken."

Flower shook her head. "You were always the romantic. Seems some of your charm has rubbed off on Trooper.

"I swear, if I didn't know Dazzle better, I would say she planned it this way. My little one, she is at times so hard to understand. She may not have planned it, but I am willing to bet she is helping it along now. That is what she said to Plunk on what she plans to do.

"Poor Trooper. I feel for him. Now he has two fillies in his life, and I am not sure which one is more impulsive and crazy. I mean just when I thought Dazzle was behaving herself like a good little filly, wishing to help ponies. I saw her pull Plunk right out of the sky. It was awful to see.

"Then Plunk was trying to give Trooper a kiss right in front of Dazzle. And Plunk must have known doing that was dangerous. Those two just might put that poor colt of yours into an early grave due to stress alone. If those two don't kill each other first."

Flower stoped herself with some shock over what she felt was some bad choice of words on her part. "Oh, sorry Kindle. I didn't mean to say-"

Kindle cut her off quickly. "Then don't. Not to worry Flower. I know your sense of humor. Ya can't help yourself. You never could.

I don't mind. I am glad to hear a little humor about my son. You don't need to worry too much about what you said. What's done is done. Even though what has happened to Patty will change our lives, we will have to live with the fact that she is gone."

Kindle looked down deep in thought for a moment. "Patty. I am going to miss her so much. Trooper has always been a mommas boy. He was always so close to her as I was. Talking to her and helping her out.

"She would have wanted to see him grow up, and myself right there with her doing so.

"At least I still have my little colt. He has a life ahead of him, and it is good to talk about it. I am also glad his life isn't going to be boring. You're right those two do seem like a hoof full for my little Trooper.

"He may not be the brightest one around, but he has a good head on him and a good heart. He always has. I am sure he will do the right thing."

Flower tilted her head a little. "Oh, and what would that be?"

Kindle boasted out loud, "Why, wind up marrying those two fillies. The both of them of course!"

Then gave out a coughing chuckle. "Oh, I wasn't ready for that. My head still hurts."

Lance shook his head. "I can't believe you! Flower is right. You are a hopeless romantic. Even when it concerns your son, and in a time like this.

"Good to see your mood improving enough to laugh though, or at least try too."

~~~~~~

After Trooper leading Dazzle out to where he and Plunk had their talk, Dazzle could not wait to ask, "So, what happened? Did you talk to Plunk or didn't you?"

Trooper shook his head. "You want to know about that right now? I would like to know what happened out there."

Dazzle gave a little pout then gave in. "OK, I will tell you this much. We lost the thing. I was told it disappeared, and that was right before it was going to kill Applejack. The rest of them are hurt some, and Twilight is just barely with us now. I also lost my ability to find it. I can't feel it anymore. So I don't really know what happened."

Dazzle sat for a moment then asked, "So! Tell me! Did you talk to Plunk yet?"

Trooper sighed. "You want to know that badly? Okay, I did talk to her. I can't say what to make of it. What did she tell you?"

Dazzle gave a frown. "No fair. I asked you first."

She just sat there for a moment again before answering. "Okay, It is just as I thought. She does like you."

Trooper nodded at that.

Dazzle waited again to see if he would say anything about that.

She continued when he didn't. "It also has part of what has been going on. She is for the first time with others that are not her father that she feels cares for her this much. That means you and me. She knows her other friends did not care for her at all. Not like we do. She understands this and is afraid of possibly losing us in time."

Trooper gave another nod and replied this time. "Yes. What I want to know is, what you think about all of it. After everything she has told me I can't turn her away. But I love you! Not her.

"Are you okay with this? Are you okay with the way she feels about me?

"I mean you were the one that insisted that she become a part of our lives. Did you expect this to happen? Was this a part of your premonitions? Did you plan this or something?"

Dazzle shook her head. "No. I was just trying to be a friend to her. That is all. Well, at first.

"I had no idea she was going to fall for you or try something like she did.

"But what do I think? I like her. I have ever since we met her."

Trooper gave a mocking smile. "You're crazy. She was out of control and making you upset, a lot. How could you have liked that?"

Dazzle shook her head again. "I didn't. I liked her. Not necessarily some of the things she was doing, and it wasn't all that often."

Trooper was now confused. "I swear I can't understand you sometimes. She gets you upset and yet you like her. OK, I give up on that one.

"Now we have to deal with what is now. She changed. A lot. And I like her now too. She seems so much nicer than before and now seems to care about what she is doing. And I can't help but feel you had a big part in that.

"So what now? My question is how far is okay? Like we talked about, she confessed her feelings to me and why.

"I hate to say it, but I feel sorry for her now just as you told me you had done the other day before you and I had our talk with her. So what is your standing on it now? What did the two of you say then? Why did she still feel it okay to tell me what she did? What do you feel about it all?"

It was Dazzle's turn to take a deep breath. "I am okay with it. Not only that, I like the idea. It means the three of us can be together without worry. I do want all three of us to be happy together. And I told her so."

Trooper went wide eyed. "You what!?"

He calmed himself. "Somehow I thought so. But why?"

Dazzle shrugged her shoulders. "As I said before, if it were anyone else I would still be upset. And I would have told the minx she was to take a hike.

"But I don't see her that way. For some reason I can't really explain very good, I am not upset with her about it.

"And she was very apologetic about what she did. She was just confused about how she was feeling at the moment and reacted. I can tell she never intended to get between us or upset us."

Trooper shook his head some. "What is it about her that makes you so sure? You have been like this with her, ever since she showed up. Can you tell me? Who is she to you?

Dazzle took another deep breath. "I told her. So, I should tell you.

"Well, you know I had told you that when I started being able to feel what others were feeling, it was always do to something bad. That I could only feel a pony's shock or pain. Do to something that would happen.

"Well, She is the only one that I have ever felt joy from. My first time ever. I never even felt that from you. Not in the way I do from her.

"It is so different than just being happy with someone, and thinking that they may be happy too.

"With her I can feel it. This is why I must have her in my life. I didn't tell her this, but it almost makes me feel like she is a part of me somehow. A part I lost or something from that day I started to feel what I can from others. And that when I fist saw her I felt I got it back. I never want to loos that again.

"For me and what I can feel, it was like walking in a world with everyone in pain, and she shows up being the only one with a smile while looking happy to me in my mind. She helps me cope with it.

"As I said, I can't really explain it, that is the best I got.

"I have no intentions of letting you go, to anyone. But still... I don't feel I am letting you go. I don't intend to. I am just doing what I have been doing this whole time. Adding Plunk to our lives. I kind of need her to be.

"And if you call me crazy again and I will dunk you in a pond!"

Trooper held his mouth tight.

Dazzle smiled a little at seeing his response. "I have known you all my life Trooper, but she makes me happy in a way you or anyone else can't. And I would not be upset if you were to fall in love with her in time as well.

"I want us all to be happy together; I need her as much as I need you.

"And I know I have not been spending enough time with you as I use to. I intend to change that as well. And if you grew to like her as I do, to love her as I do. We could better enjoy being together rather than either of us being apart."

Trooper looked to the ground. "Now I find out why you have been spending so much time with Plunk. She really is that important to you. I wish I knew earlier. I would not have been as upset about it as I had been.

"If you feel I should or you wish me too, I could try to see Plunk as another special somepony, like you.

"It will take time though. I really only gotten to know her, and much less than you have. So I really don't know how to see her as more than a friend yet. I will try too. For you, and for her.

"I already told her I would try to if that is what you wanted.

Troopers expression turned to looking deep in thought. "You know, Some of the last things my mom told me was of this very situation. She told me it would be okay if I fell in love with both you and Plunk. To just treat her like family, or see her as I see you someday.

He now looked strait at Dazzle. "She told me that it would be okay, so long as we each felt the same way about it. That there is no law against it. It just isn't done that way anymore. But it is still okay.

Trooper looked down for a moment while feeling sadness rush over him. "Those were some of her last words to me."

Trooper finally broke down crying again. "I don't know if I am going to be able to take that she is gone. I loved her so much. She was always so kind and understanding.

He staired at Dazzle with tears in his eyes. "What am I going to do! I couldn't even protect her. That thing knocked me aside like I was nothing. And I woke up to find her gone. It took her from me!"

He burst out his last words. "Oh, Dazzle! I miss her more than I can say!"

Dazzle felt for his heart broken state. With tears in her own eyes she quickly moved to him. She held him tight. She rubbed his back. Anything she could think of to try and comfort him. "I miss Patty as well. How could I not? She was a second mom to me.

"We are all going to miss her Trooper. I don't know what to tell you. This isn't something I can fix.

"I know it's not the same. It's just not the same. I can't replace her. But you can always come to my Mom or me for whatever you need."

Trooper held tight to her while shaking. "My Mom told me the same thing. Just before she was taken.

"I swear! It's like she knew this was going to happen and trying to prepare me for it.

"How would she know? How could she know? Why did I have to lose her at all!?"

Dazzle rested her head against him as he did the same with her. "I don't think she knew this would happen to her.

"I am so sorry Trooper. All I can do is be there for you. I will never let you go.

"We both have Plunk as well. She has been a big help to me. She will be good to have with us. You will see. It will all work out. Despite everything that has happened it will work out. We will still have each other.

"And it is not over. There are more here we are getting to know better. My father was telling me he was going to try and stay more somehow. So he will be here too. We all might even move in together. No more living apart. Would you like that? I know I would."

Trooper still holding tight. "Yes, Yes I would. Maybe we will. Do you really think we could?"

Dazzle thought for a moment on just what she stated to him and what he was now asking. She realized she said it in the moment while not sure if they really will or could.

She realized she offered to him a false hope she could not back up. She cringed realizing she did that to him, now of all times. "I am not sure. Now that I think about it. But I can talk to my Mom and Dad about it."

Trooper let go and nodded a little. "OK, that would be good. Also after what I have seen, I think you are right about Plunk. She does seem like a very different pony now. I liked seeing her suggest to help Rarity as she did.

"I really don't know how you changed her, but she has changed a lot."

Dazzle smiled. "That is the best part. I didn't change her. She was like this all along. She only needed a chance to see it for herself. After that, she found for herself who she really was and the kind of pony she really wishes to be, and that is to be a caring and helpful pony to all of us. She made this change on her own."

Trooper looked with a smile of his own. "I see. I still say you had a hoof in all of that."

Dazzle chuckled some. "I guess I did. It is as I thought, she just needed a friend to help her see the light. And I did do that, Didn't I?"

Trooper chuckled some as well. "Well, you are good with a light trick or two. And you can brighten one's day with your own inner light. You have for me, many times."

Trooper face went a bit more serous. "I would like to go back in and see what is going on. I also wish to know more on what happened out there. You can all tell me what happened to you out there after. I have a funny feeling that you have something to tell me.

"As I told Plunk, I know you. You are hiding something."

Dazzle rubbed the side of his cheek affectionately. "Sure. Let's go in. And yes, I do have something more to tell you. And I will. I don't like keeping secrets from you. But I can save that for some time after."

The two of them got up and headed back in.

~~~~~~

Rarity was pacing. She didn't even notice the two little ones, Trooper and Dazzle, as they came in. Dazzle And Trooper went into Kindle's room.

Rarity stopped as Nurse Redheart came over and told her, "You are going to wear a groove in the floor. Now will you sit or do I need to give you a sedative."

Rarity was in no mood to be talked down to. "I am not a foal. Leave me be. I have enough on my mind without you coming over and giving me more to deal with. So sit down yourself."

Nurse Redheart turned around. "OK, have it your way. But don't blame me if you are going to need a substantial manicure after this." The Nurse walked away smiling smugly to herself knowing she had her.

Rarity quickly lifted a hoof and looked at it with some concern. Even though there was no sign of wear on her hoof, she imagined there possibly being some if she kept this up.

And the soil from the woods stained them making it look worse than it really was. "Oh, this won't do. I think I will sit now."

Shortly after Rarity moved to sit, a flash of light filled the area as Princess Celestia appeared before her.

Celestia looked down to Rarity. "Where is she?"

Rarity felt rather small for a moment as if she just did something wrong by calling her. The Princess did not look pleased. "Yes, right this way Princess."

Rarity lead the way to Twilight's room.

Rarity stood aside of the door and gestured, "She is in here."

Celestia gave Rarity a nod. "Thank you Rarity."

Celestia walked in then looked in shock. "No! I was too late. It is much worse than I thought. I will get the best here immediately, I already have some on standby."

Celestia vanished a moment after.

Rarity stood there wondering what that was all about and what did she mean by being too late?

Part of her question was shortly answered as the Princess returned with a staff of five.

Celestia turned to Rarity and stated, "I have one more to see if I can get." Then disappeared once more.

Rarity did not know what to make of it. In two minutes time, Rarity could hardly believe who the Princess came back with. It is Zecora. As well as a table full of her things from her home in the Everfree.

The rest of the staff looked over at the unusual visitor. One of them looking to her asked the Princess, "This is her?"

Celestia nodded. "Her skills I have been told to me by Twilight, should prove most valuable. Give her every courtesy you can."

Celestia walked out into the hall where Rarity was waiting.

Rainbow Dash came out of her room and limped over after hearing the voice of the Princess, then sat down next to Rarity. The two just looked up at Celestia wile waiting for her to speak again.

Celestia did address them. "I am sorry this has happened. I did not expect Twilight to go looking for the creature she spoke of so soon.

"I would have hoped she had waited till my guards had arrived to try and capture it or kill it as you say all of you were trying to do in the letter. That is, rather than all of you risking your lives trying to kill it without them.

"I found out why they had not arrived. It seemed a rockslide has damaged the train tracks and halted their trip here. They had remained there while trying to fix it. I did not find out till recently today. I am sorry for that as well."

Rainbow Dash did not look happy.

The Princess noticed. "It was not my intention to leave you all to handle it all on your own. I would have come to try and look for it myself, but I had something else that required my attention."

Rainbow Dash frowned some more to the point of sulking.

The Princess noticed this too. "I also had reason to keep it alive. You see. It seemed to have been sent here, I think. For a reason I do not know.

"It took me some time to mentally decipher this odd magic that was keeping it here.

Both Rarity and Ranbow Dash looked to her with more interest, and Dash stoped her sulking.

The Princess felt pleased by this change in them. She wished for them to understand what she did know. "Yes, it was from another world, and it was not just dropped off. It was bound to our world by some spell.

"The spell was complex and in three parts. That made it more difficult.

"One part was the portal it came through. The second part was a link back. The third is what kept it here.

"Once I solved this puzzle I knew what one to disrupt and when. I needed to disrupt the one that was keeping it here. The other two did their job of sending it back. The last part was too close the portal to the world it came from. Also in hopes that nothing else would ever come through again."

Rainbow and Rarity's jaws dropped.

Rainbow asked first, "So It is gone? It returned to where it came from? So that is why it disappeared."

Rainbow's eyes trailed off a bit. "Oh wow!"

She went silent for a moment before speaking again. "Aaa. Princess. Humm... I got something to say. I'm sorry.

"I said some things I shouldn't have."

Celestia looked at her with a smile. "Rainbow Dash. I don't question your loyalty. Not to me, nor to those that need you.

"I fully understand you all have had a very hard time. Stress can get to a pony. May make one not themselves.

"You have given your apology and I accept it. Let us leave it at that.

"I know you, and what you do for everyone. That to me is what is most important.

I am truly sorry myself that you all had gone through what you have.

Rainbow gave a slight bow. "Thank you, Princess."

Celestia continued. "I feel I should have done things a little differently-"

Rarity while embarrassed to do so, had interrupted. "Excuse me Princess. But that is just what Twilight was saying to herself regarding the loss of Fluttershy.

"She still blames herself for what happened. She felt responsible because she knew it was here, and that she knew it was very dangerous.

"But in truth she nor you knew what it would do. And what Twilight did after, was her choice.

"Though I must say, she did seem a little upset with your request not to kill it."

Celestia gave this some thought. "I see. It was indeed just a request only, and not an order however. Just a request. Nothing more.

"I did have two reasons for that request though, and did feel it important enough to ask.

"For one, I did not want her to try to kill it out of revenge. That path is a hard one to break away from once one starts to walk that path.

"To tell the truth I really had no idea what the repercussions would have been if it was killed. I was just trying to be cautious.

"But if there was no other choice but to kill it, then I left that up to her to decide. That is why I left it as a request.

"There is also a chance if it did die, it might not have been able to be sent back. Or sending it back dead might not have been good. Still I am not to sure if sending it back alive or at all was the right choice. I just hope we never find out."

Rarity cleared her throat. "Sorry to say Princess but that was something else Twilight said to herself.

"She was hoping that the choice of letting it live the first time she seen it, rather then making sure it was dead or gone would not come back to bite her later. Now two or more ponies are dead and she found herself in critical condition for that choice.

Not to try and sound too bold to say, but I too hope your choice to send it home alive does not come back to haunt us all either.

"On another note Princess, Twilight was upset for what it did. But I can tell you her decision to have it killed was for the good of all of us. It was not so much about revenge. Though I still would not fully rule that one out as a deciding factor.

"It was Fluttershy of all ponies that thing killed. Then another pony, Patty Potter on the same day.

"A hurt like that from losing a friend so close to us as Fluttershy can change a pony. Even someone like Twilight, or myself. It is part of the cost of getting to know someone that well and letting them into one's lives like that.

"The pain one feels when such a person is gone after. The pain is so much greater when one knows that close friend had suffered before they were gone.

"I can't say any of us took it all to well. Not just Twilight. I am still hurting from knowing that Fluttershy is gone, and how we lost her."

Celestia nodded. "That does indeed concern me.

"I feel much sorrow for the loss of Fluttershy also. So I do understand.

"I also do know you all will find a way to get through this together.

"As for Twilight, Even though she did state in her letter to me the other day that she did intend to kill it to protect everyone, not for revenge. Still, you are right. Such a pain of loss can change a pony. None are fully immune to such pain, not even myself.

"It is always important to not lose one's self to it. But I trusted Twilight to make the right judgement call. And I still do. She may fail at some tasks at times, but that is all part of learning and growing.

"I am sure Twilight can pull through this with the help she is now being given, without any lasting scars, even mentally.

"She is smart and strong, and she has all of you to support her. I have as much faith in each of you as well to help her out as she heals."

Rarity nodded. "Thank you, Princess. We will try."

Rainbow Dash asked, "What is going on in Twilight's room? It looks like there are a lot of ponies in there. One of them even looks like Zecora."

Celestia smiled. "Because it is Zecora. I commissioned her to work with one of Canterlot's finest medical team to help Twilight. Forget about pay, Zecora was very insistent to help once she found out what happened.

"I will still see to it that her time and resources are compensated for, some how.

"Some of the staff I brought where even quite eager to meet with Zecora, and see what she can do. After all, a zebra is not common around here.

"Even my sister has had a chance to meet her and likes her.

I do hope Zecora and the staff can do something for her. I was not expecting Twilight's condition to be this saver. I found I was too late in sending it back to where it came from. That is what I was working on when this happened."

Celestia was distracted by a little light brown pegasus filly with a light blue mane. The little filly was just staring up at her.

Celestia decided to address her. "Why hello! Oh, you must be Plunk. You moved here recently didn't you?"

Plunk nodded. "Aaa. Yes. I just got back from seeing Spike and giving him the letter from Rarity. I had to go to Sweet Apple Acres to find him.

Celestia smiled down at her. "I see. That is quite the flight from here for one so small. So it is you I have to thank for sending me the letter.

"Thank you, Plunk. You may have helped save Twilight's life."

Plunk had for herself a big grin. Her smile faded as she remembered something. Dazzle has saved her life. And in return she may have helped save the life of another. This, she felt was important to remember. A good deed can pass on to another. A good deed is like falling rain; it helps support the lives of everyone when needed. This thought made her feel good inside. Her grin returned even bigger.

Celestia asked her, "What is it little one?"

Plunk just shook her head, then smiled again. "Nothing. I just remembered a friend of mine, Dazzle.

"She saved my life a few days ago you know. It's like the greatest thing! I can't describe it.

"Grateful is such a small and simple word for it. But that is how I feel. Grateful. I am grateful to be alive. And I hope Twilight lives as well.

"I am glad to know that thing is gone too. Thank you Princess for the good news.

"I gotta go. My Friends are likely waiting for me."

Celestia nodded. "Then go to them Plunk and enjoy your life and those around you. Fare well little one,"

Celestia finished stating with a big smile of her own.

Plunk bowed then went in through the door to Kindle's room.

Celestia continued to smile for a bit. "I must say that makes it all worth it. To see someone so happy to be alive. I sometimes forget. Mostly during some dark times as this.

"It is nice to see someone like her to refresh one's memories, and help brighten one's mood.

Celestia went serious. "I am sorry, but I must be going. I will be back to check on Twilight later."

With that, the Princess in a flash disappeared.

Rainbow Dash sat down. "I guess the Princess was looking out for us and trying to do her part after all.

"If not for her, we might still be in a fight with that thing. Not too sure how well that would have turned out.

"I do know we likely would have lost both Applejack and Twilight. I am sure of that much.

"It even bothers me now to know, I hit that thing a lot, and it was still standing. No way did Fluttershy stand a chance against it on her own. I hate that thing, but I agree with Applejack and Plunk. I am glad to see it gone.

"As much as I wanted to kill it, I don't want to lose any more of you while wishing to kill it. I think that is part of the concern Celestia had on any idea of revenge against it.

"Killing out of necessity, to protect one's self or others is one thing. But to be blinded by hate to the point of losing everyone around you while trying to get revenge is not good. I can see that."

Rarity patted Rainbow on the shoulder. "I do think we each wanted revenge. And where all willing to risk our lives for it. And yes, as well as each others to a point.

"But it is not like we really knew what it was we were up against. It also would not have been the first time we did so and put our very lives at risk trying to do something with some unknown. We did so many times.

"If not with some manticore, or full-grown dragon. We faced them together. And it was never about revenge. Even though it partly was this time.

"We were still doing what was alway done since Twilight showed up and we became the Elements Of Harmony bearers. We were doing what we could do to protect this town and all of Equestria. That has always come at some risk.

"But you are right, revenge is not good either. It can blind one to what is truly important, and that is each other, as well as ourselves."

Rainbow Dash looked at the element pendants they were still wearing. She remembered the risks they all took together at one point in time or another.

This was the first time without Fluttershy however. This was also the first time each of them was hurt so badly. They did not even get to use the elements this time.

It was Twilight that activated the power. And she was taken out first and quickly.

Rainbow thought to herself on what a mess of an outing that they all had.

Rainbow took off her element pendent, and held it out to Rarity. "Rarity can you take this. I don't feel like having it on at the moment. I'm just going to head back to my room and get some more rest."

Rarity took the pendant after Rainbow passed it over. "Yes, get some rest. Perhaps we can all see Twilight tomorrow."

Rainbow Dash looked back at Rarity with tears in her eyes. "Fluttershy was great, wasn't she?

"This was the first time we had been without her. She saved us so many times. I hate to think about it, but we were not there when she needed us the most to save her. Then we were practically beaten by this unknown without her.

"I can't help but feel we are lost without her. It also shows just how much we needed each other.

"Even with having Derpy as part of our little group, I still feel we are still broken and still missing something without having Fluttershy around anymore.

"I'm sorry Rarity. It's just going to be real hard to deal with not having her here with us. It will be, for a long time. You know?"

Rarity was staring back at Rainbow with tears in her own eyes as well. "Yes, I know. I feel the same."

Rainbow nodded then left for her room, limping along the way.

Rarity settled on going back to the farm and get her sister. She did not feel she could do much else here for the moment.
She would stop and say goodbye to everyone here first, but after giving each of them the news that the monster rabbit is now gone.

It was still midday to early noon, but just like everyone else she felt exhausted and just wanted to go home and rest as well.

~~~~~~

Plunk entered Kindle's room. Everyone turned their attention to her. "You should have seen it! I got to talk to the Princess! She is out there now.

"She brought help for Twilight, just like I think Rarity thought she would. I feel Twilight's going to be okay now. At least I hope so."

Dazzle held a hoof out to her. "That was an awesome thing you did Plunk."

Plunk walked over to Dazzle and Trooper. "Na, All I did was deliver a letter. But still it felt cool knowing it brought the Princess of all ponies.

"I also overheard the Princess talking. I did not hear all of it but from what I did hear she had told Rainbow Dash and Rarity that the monster is gone. It's no longer in Equestria anymore. It seems it came from somewhere else. Another world.

"Now it is gone. It's over. We won't see it anymore! The Princess got rid of it herself somehow. I can't tell you how good that feels to know it is actually gone!"

Everyone in the room felt in awe and relief by this news. Plunk put two hooves on Dazzle's shoulders. "Dazzle! That means you shouldn't have anymore nightmare of it. At least not like the ones you have been having. From last night and this morning, I know you still had them."

Dazzle frowned and gave Plunk a nod. "Yes, the last one was different. I was lost in the woods instead of a cave with it after me. Other than that, the dream was still much the same.

"I am so glad to hear that it is gone now too. This also explains why I stopped feeling anything from it, before we headed back.

I was glad to have it out of my head. Though it did worry me that I might not be able to help find it again while thinking that we might still need too.

"But now I will not have too. This is great news! Thank you so much Plunk."

Dazzle gave her a big hug after.

Plunk felt a little off. "It wasn't me. The Princess got rid of it."

Dazzle smiled. "No silly, you did help me out a lot these past few days, and you did give the Princess the letter, and you gave us all such great news of what happened."

Plunk looked down for a moment after they separated. "Does this mean I no longer need to come over to spend the night with you, now that your nightmares are over?"

Dazzle shook her head. "No. It doesn't mean that. As a matter of fact, I was just going to ask my parents if we could live with Trooper and Kindle. Maybe we could set things up so you can stay over as many times as you wish as well. Or possibly just live with us!"

At this Flower and Lance gave a hard long look at Dazzle.

Lance spoke first. "I got to give it to you Flower. I come home and find Dazzle trying to change things more and more. What have you been teaching her?"

Flower looked at him in defense while raising a hoof to her chest. "This is not my doing. She comes up with this all by herself. I have next to no control over her at times or what she thinks or comes up with.

"I must admit it's not a bad idea though. We could try to live together again. We had considered it a few years back. But Patty refused to leave where she was while you and I could not stand the clanking of Kindle's work. So we never made the move. But now-"

At this Kindle interrupted. "I know what the two of you are trying to do.

"OK, for Troopers sake I am in. But we move in with you and expand your home. We can rebuild it a little. I will turn my home into a full workplace and display house for some of my work.

"Besides, I know none of you can handle living with me pounding away on metal all day. As you said, that is why we never did this again till now.

"Patty never seemed to be bothered by my work. And if it did bother her, she was good at not showing it. She said the sound was soothing to her somehow, and made her feel at home with it. So we made our home there. If it made her feel happy to be there, I thought we would try it for a while.

"With her gone now, it just wouldn't feel like home anymore. Even with Trooper there the house would still feel empty. I am sure Trooper would feel the same. I don't think either of us want to go back to an empty home. I would not wish to put him through that, not if there is an alternative.

"So I like the idea. We should do this. I have enough bits saved up, so I can help out. I can even pay for it all. The move, the renovations, everything. Whatever it takes."

Flower and Lance looked at each other. Then to Dazzle and gave a nod. Dazzle squealed in delight and hugged Trooper tightly. "Yea! Trooper you're moving in with us! We are going to live together again!

"It's been so long since we split up when we got older. Oh, this is so amazing!"

She let go and started bouncing up and down.

Trooper watched her bounce in her excitement. "Now this is the Dazzle I remember. It's great to see you happy again Dazzle. I only wish mom was around to see."

Trooper looked to the ground after saying that.

Dazzle stopped bouncing and looked into his eyes. "I do too Trooper."

Trooper looked back up to her staring at him and he smiled. Dazzle smiled back. Then in front of everyone she kissed him.

~~~~~~

In the swamp, the Kezzerdrix thought back at the moment of his return to his homelands. He was just about to kill another one of those ponies.

Yet he was not denied his revenge on the one that had trapped him or the one that controlled him with her gaze.

To him the yellow one was tasty. He felt it too bad he did not get to taste more of that purple unicorn. That is, more than he had with his teeth about her neck. He knew he did a job on her though, and that she would not live just the same. This thought pleased him.

Still he did not understand why he was there in the first place.

He had to admit, his time there other than being trapped in a cave for a few days was not entirely boring.

It was better to be home. This, is his hunting grounds. And he has other plans on how to spend his time, other than hunting for just food.

He tossed aside the remains of a partially eaten coyote. He was not that hungry. He mostly just wanted something to kill. He had been back for a full day now.

What next may interrupt his day other than thinking on the day before? He was starting to feel uneasy as though he was missing something. Shortly he felt something familiar. A summons spell. Where was he to go now, he wished to know.

He found himself standing in a large room. It was dark with blue marble pillars reaching from the smoky gray and black tiled floor to a white ceiling.

A lit torch fastened to each pillar. This was most of the light in his area of the room.

In the far end of the room in a large decorative throne sat a man, or something that looked like a man to him.

Two large fire pits lit his end of the room quite well.

This man was chuckling. "So, there you are my pet. I thought I had lost you, only to find you have been sent back home.

"Interesting. Did you have fun on your little outing?"

The kezzerdrix was not amused.

~~~~~~

It has been three days since the day everyone came out of the woods.

Most everyone has made a full recovery. Twilight was given the okay to head home but will still need to take it easy for at least a week longer.

The same with Applejack. She could not go straight back to bucking apples, but she was given the okay to head home as well. As long as she did not do much more than a little walking and much resting.

Her back and leg has both mended well enough that neither should give her problems, for now. She may develop complications when she gets older, however.

Her back was not broken, but still needed some mending of tissue damage around it. That would heal with time and care as well.

Rainbow, Pinkie, and Derpy stuck around to help Applejack on the farm till she recovered more. Derpy proved quite good at bucking apples. Much better than collecting them after.

Kindle has gone to his place the past day to look it over on what he was going to do with it.

Now he and Trooper was spending time at their new home to be with Lance, Flower, and Dazzle.

~~~~~~

Flower came to Dazzle's room in the morning to talk about Plunk staying. When entering, the two fillies and Trooper gave Flower their attention.

Flower sat in front of them and addressed Plunk. "Plunk I think we need to talk. I don't mind you staying here but I feel we are keeping you from your parents.

"You can't stay. They might think we are keeping you from them. Or you using us to stay away.

"We need to take you home and have a chat with Misty and Kicker, before this becomes an issue. I don't want them coming here demanding you back, or angry with us for you staying for so long.

"I don't personally mind you staying but after seeing your fight with your mom I think we need to have it out, and see about where you are to stay."

Plunk gave a sigh. "I know. I really need to talk to my Mom. I need to tell her that I am sorry for what I have been doing.

"I would like to stay here if you will let me. But you are right. I need to see what my parents have to say about it first."

Dazzle asked, "Mom can Trooper, and I come too?"

Flower gave it some thought. "I suppose so. This has more to do with Plunk and her parents, but seeing that the two of you are a part of her life now. I guess it would be okay. Just don't argue with them about their decision.

"I know how you can get Dazzle. Just be respectful on what they might say, and that they are her parents."

Dazzle gave a smile. "Okay Mom. I will."

Flower turned for the door. "Come along then. Let's get this over with."

The four of them left the house after saying bye to Lance and Kindle, who both decided to stay and talk about the additions to be made to the house while Kindle was around.

They reached Plunk's home. Flower knocked to see if they were home. She could hear someone moving to the door. It opened.

It was Misty that greeted them. "Flower. Oh good, I see you brought Plunk home again. It has been a few days. Please come in."

Flower and the three little ones entered. Kicker was seated in the living room. Misty gestured for them to enter the living room as well.

After each had settled Plunk waked to her mother and sat. "Mom I am sorry. I am sorry for the way I have been. I am sorry for having embarrassed you too those in town as well."

Misty looked over to Flower questioningly. "Who is she? What have you done with my daughter?"

Flower shook her head. "I swear it is her. As far as what has been done to her you will have to ask my daughter."

Misty looked back to Plunk. "It is not enough to be sorry. What do you intend to do?"

Plunk was a little taken back by her mother's response and question. But after all that has happened she felt she deserved it and should have expected it, mostly from her mother. "I don't know. I do know I don't want to cause trouble anymore.

"I also want to live with Dazzle. Can I?"

At this Misty looked to Flower again. "What is she talking about?"

Flower just shrugged. "She asked me the same thing. I told her I would let her but not without your OK.

"This is your call. I don't intend to take her from you. You are her mother, and I would not feel right about doing anything like that. But she wishes to stay with us."

Misty looked to Plunk again. "Is this true? Do you really want to leave us? Do you think I hate you or something? You are my daughter and I love you.

"I want to be the one who takes care of you and watch you grow up. I want to be the one you come to when you have a problem. I want to know how your day is going. I want you here in my life. I don't want you to leave me.

"I know I have been hard on you, but that is only because I know you could be better then you have been. You would leave home a lot, and I feel that was my fault. I even went out looking for you but could not find you.

"I thought of you being alone, cold, and hungry.

"When you did come home I did not say much to you. I did not wish to say something that might make you wish to leave again.

"I was so relieved that you were still alive and willing to come home to your father and me. It just worried me so much on what I have been finding out on some of the things you have been doing with those so-called friends of yours.

"Life is hard, and it gets harder when other ponies don't like you for having done bad things to them. I just didn't want you to go through that while growing up. I love you and I want the best for you. Do you understand?"

Plunk looked to her mother with tears in her eyes, and gave a nod. "I am sorry Mom. I'm not going to leave you."

Plunk moved quickly to her mother and embraced her for the first time in a few years. "I'm so sorry Mom. I'm staying right here."

At this Dazzle quickly felt concerned. She wished to interject and ask that Plunk stay with her instead.

Though she remembered that during her talk with Plunk that this is what Plunk wanted. A chance to make amends with her mother, and be with her again. Dazzle did not wish to spoil this moment with any of her own selfish thoughts.

Plunk is back with her mother again for now, and Dazzle thought this might be for the best for Plunk. It was time to let old wounds heal, and make a fresh start with her mother.

Dazzle also knew Plunk would worry less and be all the happier for it. This was something Dazzle knew just had to be.

Dazzle felt that she would be able to handle her own situation by herself, it would be harder without Plunk around as much, but she could do it. Mostly with that monster no longer in her head.

She would not need Plunk as much as she first let herself believe. She already reasoned that out for herself. And Plunk would still be available to see most of the time, just not all the time.

She still intended to help bring Plunk and Trooper closer together. She was not going to give up on that. In her mind all three of them where going to be happy together, one way or another.

Till then, she had Trooper all to herself while Plunk would not be around. Just as it was before Plunk showed up.

Misty was more happy than she had been for a long time. "I'm sorry too for making you feel I don't love you anymore. I will try and show you that I love you more.

"I just wished you would not get yourself in so much trouble. It makes me worry about you. I feel someone may hurt you for it one day.

"I will also try not to be so strict. You are getting older now. I understand you need room to grow and explore, just as your Father lets you do."

Plunk let go and sat for a bit. "Mom. I know I could do better. I don't want ponies to hate me here, or you and Dad for the things I have done.

"I know it was my fault for us having to come here to Ponyville. But I don't want to regret coming here."

Misty smiled to her. "For once I think we can agree on something. If coming here has changed so much as to bring you back to me. To help you see a need to be better to others. I don't want any of us to regret moving here either."

Kicker sat in his spot with a big grin and said, "See, I knew it would all work out."

Misty picked up a cushion and whipped it at his head. "Oh, you!"

The grin never left his face as the cushion bounced off it. At this, none of them there could keep from laughing.

Shortly after the combined jovial moment expressed by the group had calmed down. Flower sat for a time after as her features shifted to something less joyful.

Misty took notice. "Flower what's wrong."

Flower gathered her thoughts before answering. "It's Patty. I just miss her; that's all. I am sure you got the news by now."

Misty gave a nod. "Yes, I did. And the news that the monster had been taken care of and is no longer a threat.

"I am sorry Flower. I never really knew Patty. I only got to know you these past few weeks because of Plunk spending so much time with Dazzle. If you ever need someone to talk to or spend some time with, I will be here.

"I can't imagine how hard it has been for all of you to lose her. She sounded like someone very special to each of you."

The three in Patty's life each gave a nod as well. Flower smiled to Misty. "Thank you, Misty. I think I will take up your offer."

Misty smiled back. "I do feel comfortable with Plunk staying over with you and Dazzle anytime she wants to. Despite the talk in town about her and the things she has been up to, you have been very accepting of her."

Flower nodded. "Well, she has never been a problem at my home, and I know children will get into mischief. Plus ponies will talk, and sometimes overreact even over small things.

"I don't pay it much attention, mostly after seeing how Plunk and Dazzle are together, and I trust Dazzle's judgment in her chosen friends."

Misty looked to Trooper. "That goes for you as well Trooper. I know both you and Dazzle have been very good friends to Plunk since our stay here. I would like for you to feel welcome in our home as well."

Trooper smiled. "Thank you. I will do my best to keep your trust."

Dazzle thought quickly on this situation. Trooper has not gotten to know Plunk's parents much. If a relationship is to be made between Trooper and Plunk, it would be good if they all got to know each other more.

Dazzle stood up and whispered to her mother. "Mom. I would like us to tell Twilight what we saw in the forest. Just the two of us.

"I would also like Trooper to stay here and get to now Plunk's parents better. I think this might be a good time to go."

Flower tilted her head a little. "Dazzle. Humm... Okay. You do intend to go through with what you have planned then?"

Dazzle nodded with a big smile. "Yes."

Flower shook her head a little. "I wish I knew what goes through that mind of yours sometimes. Well, if that is what you wish then I guess we should go then."

The rest of them was wondering what Flower was talking about, and what Dazzle said to her.

Misty had to ask. "So what is this plan Dazzle has? Where is it that you need to go off to so soon? If you don't mind me asking."

Flower smiled at Misty. "We are off to have a talk with Twilight. What about, we can't say right now.

"But we are going to leave Trooper her with you if you don't mind. I think each of you has something to discuss with one another."

With that Flower and Dazzle got up and headed to the door. Flower turned back to Misty before leaving. "Plunk can fill you in. Have fun!"

Flower and Dazzle exited, leaving a confused bunch of ponies, each at a loss for words.

Misty finally turned her attention to Plunk and asked, "Okay so what is it that I need to know regarding Trooper? That is the reason he was left here, isn't it?"

Plunk just smiled with a sheepish grin. "Aaa... Ya, about that. I do think I know what it is Dazzle and Flower wants you and Dad to know. But first I must ask Trooper something alone."

Plunk turned to Trooper. "Can you come with me, please?"

Trooper has a funny feeling that he knows what this is all about, and was feeling a little frustrated With Dazzle leaving like this for just him and Plunk to try and explain.

Trooper did not move form his spot, but told Plunk why. "I don't think that will be necessary.

"Dazzle is getting back to her old self. I do believe she thinks this is funny to leave the two of us to explain, well, us, to your parents.

"I wish she didn't do that. Though I don't think she is trying to be cruel or anything. She is not like that.

"I also think she feels it okay for us to do this on our own, and let me have a chance to know your parents better, without her around.

"I am sure whatever is to be said about me, I do think Dazzle feels it should come from you. Not her."

Plunk's eyes got wide as she looked at him. "Now, how did you know all of that? I mean, how could you know just what she was thinking?

"You can't do what she can? Can you?"

Trooper with a frown said, "No. You forget. I grew up with her. I don't know everything she might think, but I do know her well enough to believe that is her intentions.

"She just has a funny way of going about doing things, sometimes.

"I thought you had spent enough time with her to know at least that much about her by now."

Plunk smiled. "Good point.

"So, do we do this? Are you okay with telling them then? I didn't think you were ready."

Trooper shrugged his shoulders, "Neither did I, but it would seem Dazzle thinks I am.

"As Dazzle would say, I think it is probably for the best. Or something like that.

"At least if they know, and approve, well... I guess we could start seeing each other more as you and Dazzle wish. I do believe that is part of her plan."

Plunk gave a nod, "Oh... I see. So, are you okay with this then? You didn't say. And you don't exactly look like you are."

Trooper sighed. "I guess so. So, we might as well tell them."

Misty interrupted, "Well, good. Because I would very much like to know what the hay the two of you have been talking about.

"And what did you mean about the two of you seeing each other? Trooper, I was under the impression that Dazzle and you are a seeing each other as a young couple. What is this all about?"

Trooper gave out a big breath and said, "Oh, boy!"

He was feeling a little beside himself right now, with Misty's eyes on him.

Plunk dived right in with her explanation. She did not wish for Trooper to have to deal with telling her mother about this alone. "Mom. It's Ok. Don't freak out. Please."

Misty gave a sigh. Then turned her attention back to Plunk. "OK, I am listening."

Plunk continued, "This is hard for me to say to you, but I have fallen in love with Trooper. At least I think so.

"I feel for him like no other. Aside from Dazzle.

"I know you must feel that I am just being impulsive, as I usually am. This is partly true. But the time I have spent with him makes me feel that I am sure on how I feel about him is true as well.

"I love him. I do. And Dazzle knows it. She is the one trying to help bring Trooper and me together, once she found out how I feel about him."

Misty interrupted. "Wait, you are telling me that you have fallen for someone else's special somepony and she is okay with this!? Not only that, but Dazzle wants this to continue, even though he is her special somepony?"

Plunk nodded. "Yes, exactly."

Misty's face showed her confusion. "Well, I just don't know what to think about that.

She looked to trooper with her confusion plastered to her face. "Trooper, what do you have to say. I mean, do you feel the same? Do you intend to be seeing my daughter as well as Dazzle?"

Trooper tensed up. He felt like he was in a very small box right now. He did not know how to respond to her.

He remembered that he did say to her that he would do his best to keep her trust. He felt he might have just lost that.

Plunk saw Trooper's state and scolded her mother. "Mom! Ease up! He told me that he does not feel the same yet. But he is willing to give such a relationship a chance.

"I can tell you that he had nothing to do with this, and he is still just as confused about this as you are.

So, please don't make him feel that any of this is on him.

"This was mostly my doing. I started it. I kind of pushed him into it, and Dazzle gave him another push, so it seems.

"I don't want him to feel bad about this at all. So don't question him as if he did or is doing something wrong."

Misty interjected. "I wasn't doing that! I was just asking how he feels about it, and what his intentions are. That is all.

"Can you let him answer me without you making it seem as if I am interrogating him?"

Trooper looked over at Cloud Kicker, who looked as if he was about to break out into laughing again.

Trooper was confused by how Kicker looked to him. He also felt out of place not knowing if he should be seeing Misty and Plunk arguing with each other like this.

Kicker saw Troopers confusion. He leaned forward and said as if trying to whisper to him, "You see what I live with?

"They have been at it like this for the past few years. You would think that they like arguing with each other."

Then he finally broke out laughing some.

Punk and Misty turned to him and said together, "Hey! I heard that!"

Then the two quickly turned back to each other to look at one another. They didn't know whether to laugh or cry. They felt like doing both.

Even right after they had made up, they went right back to arguing again about something else as if they had made a real bad habit of doing so when around each other.

To them, Kicker was right, and they both knew it.

Kicker got up and went over to Trooper and sat next to him. "I do hope you know what you are getting yourself into."

He paused for a moment, then chuckled some. "Maybe not the best choice of words."

Trooper was still confused for a moment till it hit him just what he might have meant, or at least thought he meant.

Then his jaw dropped some.

He quickly looked to Plunk, who was staring at them both. She saw Trooper's expression.

Then Trooper asked her, "Is he always like this?"

Plunk gave a wry smile as she said, "Aaa, Yes. Well, that's Dad for you."

Then Kicker smiled some more as he said, "Yes, think of me as Dad to you. That is, you can call me Dad."

Trooper still did not know what to make of him. He did seem a little like both Flower and Dazzle to him.

He shook his head some and asked Kicker, "So you are okay with all of this?"

Misty interrupted. "Oh, that he is. He means what he said too.

"I have never met someone as agreeable as him. Or as willing to indulge his daughter in near anything she wishes to do, or me for that matter.

I guess I will accept it myself. I don't want Plunk, and I too fight anymore. If the two of you wish to see each other, it is okay with me as well.

It is irregular, but I guess it does not matter. So long as everyone is happy with this unusual arrangement. I suppose there is no real harm or problem with it."

Trooper was starting to like Kicker. He seemed like someone that would fit in well with his family, and Kicker did defuse what looked like an erupting bad situation. And did so with a smile.

~~~~~~

Later in the day Twilight was relaxing on a couch in her library while reading.

Given the order to rest up was not such a hard thing for her to do. Spike has been more attentive to everything that needed to be done.

Still Twilight did lend some help with her magic. She was not told she could not do that.

There was a knock at the door. Without looking up from the book she asks, "Spike! Can you get that please?"

Spike while heading for the door already, announced, "On it Twilight."

Twilight smiled knowing Spike was on top of things as usual.

Twilight could hear Spike exclaimed, "Oh, Hello Miss Flower Wall and Dazzle. Here to get another book Dazzle?"

Dazzle shook her head.

Spike waved them in. "Well come on in anyway. Twilight is in on the couch.

At this, the two came in, and Twilight put her book aside.

Twilight Questioned, "So I take it the two of you are to see me? I hope it is not about another nightmare."

Dazzle nodded and Flower not knowing what Dazzle was up to did as well.

Dazzle answered, "Yes."

Twilight was instantly concerned. "How bad it is? Is it the same thing? Is it something new?

"I hope this doesn't mean another thing has come to Equestria so soon!"

Twilight is starting to look on the verge of a panic like she wanted to leap out of her resting place.

Dazzle felt her little joke was too much too soon and felt bad about it.

As Dazzle saw it, Twilight was still in no state to get all worked up as she was getting.

Dazzle did not wish for Twilight to hurt herself from a poorly timed joke. "No! Sorry, Twilight. I was just kidding. Bad joke, I'm afraid.

"I am sorry that I startled you. No new nightmares. I haven't had any like I had since that thing disappeared. I am doing much better.

"Well, I did have one nightmare on the first night it was gone, but it was mostly about what we all had been through. But nothing like before. And it was just the one.

"We do have something to tell you just the same. It is unusual, but nothing scary. Well, more unusual than scary."

Twilight relaxed some, then tilted her head a little. "Okay, tell me. What is this about?"

Flower answered, "We never told anyone till now. This is about something Dazzle, and I saw in the Everfree as we were heading out of it. You know, on that day, the day we went looking for that creature together.

"Something saved us from an attack by a bunch of timberwolves and an angry manticore. They were all after us when we left to escape that place. And they very well almost got us both before we got out.

"The two of us, Dazzle and I, we owe our very lives to whatever it was that showed up to help us just in time."

At this Twilight was fully curious and at complete attention.

Flower continued. "This will be hard to explain. We are still not fully sure what it was we saw in the forest.

"What we have to tell you, from what we saw we believe it had something to do with Fluttershy. Or more precisely that it somehow was Fluttershy we saw that saved us.

"What I am telling you is that we think we saw Fluttershy's ghost."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment