• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 1,959 Views, 16 Comments

Return of the Kezzerdrix. - inum76



Dazzle, a young unicorn filly dealing with a nightmare.

  • ...
15
 16
 1,959

Chapter three: Reminisce.

Chapter three: Reminisce.

A knock at the door beckoned Mrs. Misty to it. She wondered who would be there so early. So, this light lavender pegasus with a light blue mane and a light gray cloud for a cutie mark made her way from the kitchen.

She was finishing up morning breakfast dishes before she was interrupted. She felt it wasn't the time for visitors, that is, none she was expecting. She though it's the time most in Ponyville would be up and about making breakfast. Unless you were strictly a farm or weather pony, they would likely have eaten already and be out working.

Though she knew she and her family has only been in Ponyville for a short while, and didn't know everything about this town or hardly all the ponies who lived here.

The clouds were sparse this morning and did not need many to clear them for the scheduled clear day. So she did not leave with her husband to help the weather ponies this morning. They would likely be finished soon, but not this soon she reasoned.

Upon opening the Door, she saw her visitor is Mrs. Flower Wall, bringing her daughter Plunk back home. None of them there looked happy at all to her, and this made Misty suspicious. "Hello Flower. Is something wrong? Did Plunk do something?" She asked as she gave Plunk a bit of a stair down as if Plunk was being a troublemaker again.

Flower was about to giggle, but felt at odds with this feeling herself while knowing about the tension between Misty and her daughter, so thought it was not so funny, and did not make light of it.

She did wish to lighten the mood some though as she answered Misty. "Oh, no. Plunk has been wonderful, as good as gold in fact," Flower said with a grin before her face went serious. "It has to do with Dazzle's nightmares. I am just bringing Plunk back before Dazzle, and I go see someone about it. It has gotten worse and I feel it just can't wait any longer."

Misty felt sympathetic and gave a nod to Flower in understanding. "I see. I am sorry to hear that. It is troubling when your little one is not doing well. I am just glad Plunk has been behaving herself."

Misty did smile a bit to Flower. "I do think moving here has been a better influence on her then with who she use to hang out with back in Cloudsdale. You can take her anytime you like Mrs. Flower Wall. So long as she don't cause you any problems. It's what I was hoping for when we did move to Ponyville. To see if she could make some better friends, than some of those hooligans she use to spend time with. And it seems she has. Thank you."

Misty gave a wide eye stare in realization that she had been blathering on while she knew Flower needed to get going. "Just listen to me babble on like this! I am sorry Flower. I am sure you wish to be on your way. I hope you can find the help you need for Dazzle."

Flower nodded in return. "Yes, thank you. I must indeed be going. Bye."

With that Flower and Dazzle turned to leave as all waved bye to one another.

Misty Closed the door after Plunk walked inside. Misty talked as she slowly brought her attention to Plunk. "Well, she seemed not herself this morning. I guess even she has her days. Dazzle's nightmares must be getting to be a real problem."

Fully turning to Punk. "At least it wasn't you this time."

Plunk folded her front hooves, sat down and gave a groan and a pout. She turned her head to one side, while forcing a scowl on her face. "Sure, I was always so bad. That's why you had to take me from my other friends."

Misty let out a sigh. "It was for your own good you know. All of them were troublemakers, and you were turning out to be just like them. I want better for you than that."

Misty practically pleading to Plunk to understand. "We can make a good living here. A fresh start. Your father and I worked hard to both join the weather team here in Ponyville. We had to get the OK from Rainbow Dash, Captain of the weather team. We don't need you off and about giving her or anyone else reasons to make us leave again like last time."

Plunk stood back up in a defiant stance. "Oh, and you think I want that! You know I am a big fan of Rainbow Dash. I don't want to leave here either."

Plunk now pointed her hooves up in the air waving them around. "I want to join the weather team as much as you and dad did. To be up there ripping across the sky kicking Clouds with Rainbow Dash and the other pegasuses here in Ponyville.

She put her hooves back down. "I don't want to mess up my chance for that."

Pointing now to herself. "This is as big of a chance and deal for me as it is for the both of you. I don't want to leave Ponyville. I am just starting to like it here. I got friends here now. Real friends. I know this. But I was never as bad as you make me out to be."

Plunk sat in thought as she spoke. "Sure, my other friends were a little out of control, but I only spent time with them because I thought they were fun, and I thought they liked me at the time. It made me feel like a part of something."

She went back to folding her hooves in front of herself. "But I never did half the things they did. I was never a part of most of what went on with them. I was with them all just for fun anyway. I never wanted to be like them. So you can stop worrying."

Misty spoke with a frown. "I will continue to worry until your behavior improves. You have been caught stealing here in Ponyville as well, and vandalizing other pony's property just like you did back in Cloudsdale with your so called friends there.

Misty spoke more sternly. "None of that was a part of something you should have gotten yourself into. No matter how much you may have liked it, or thought of it as just fun. Theft of spectra from the factory is no joke. You know they grind up bad little pegasus if they don't meet their standards of a good pegasus to make the stuff."

Plunk waved her hooves out in annoyance. "Mom! Not that again," Plunk said with exasperation.

She put her hooves back down. "That was just made up to scare little foals into behaving. I'm not that little anymore. And I know they don't make spectra. I was there, and they told me so. Remember?

Plunk said with a huff. "Stop treating me like a little foal.They don't grind up little ponies to make it. And the story was stupid anyway. I never seen any young junior flyers disappear after failing any flying test or competition. Not that I ever failed one."

Plunk's face got contorted as she showed how ridiculous she felt all this is. "We both know Rainbow Dash is captain of the weather team right here in Ponyville. And she trains hard to one day join the Wonderbolts. She would be too tired to manage the Rainbow Factory portion of the Weather Factory."

Plunk finished with a frown. "And Scootaloo is still alive, and is not yet a good flyer. She runs the Rainbow Dash fan club. I think they both laugh at that silly story."

Misty was getting angrier with this continued argument. She spat out, "Well theft is still a big deal, and you embarrassed both your father and me by trying to steal something. Even if there was none there, or no such thing to take."

Misty tried to calm herself as she questioned Plunk. "Speaking of spectra, what in Equestria did you want it for in the first place? What did you think you could possibly do with it?"

Plunk sagged a little. "I didn't want it. Two of the others did."

Then Plunk gave a smirk. "Moon Dancer said she wanted it to paint the town red. Whatever that means. It would have been funny to see her try such a thing. I wanted to see that."

She thought about her other past friend. "And Thundercracker said he wanted it to make some kind of hot sauce. Not sure how he would have done it. He thought if the rainbow mix at the factory is spicy, spectra should be even more so."

Plunk smiled. "You know I like spicy foods. How could I resist not going along? So I helped."

Misty pointed an accusing hoof at Plunk, while not at all happy with her. "So you did help them get in to steal it. You did have your own agenda for having it, and you were involved in the attempted theft."

She raised her voice more. "That is what you did wrong!"

She now stomped her hoof down on the floor. "So you were a part of it and helped in doing what your friends did. I swear you are never going to learn. Just like when you took Scootaloo's Rainbow Dash Fan Club banner. I don't think Scootaloo was laughing all too hard about that one. Did she?"

Plunk gazed down looking sorry, knowing her mother is right about that. "Well no. I only wanted it for a little while. And I thought she could just make another one. But when I found out how upset it made her that it went missing, I gave it right back. Much sooner than I planned to."

Plunk looked up with a sheepish grin. "And she let me join her fan club after for returning it."

She smiled more broadly, to the point of looking proud of herself. "So she is cool with it."

Misty was still not happy with that statement and pointed her hoof at plunk again. "That does not dismiss your stealing from her or any pony whenever you feel like it. Nor does it dismiss what you tried to do at the factory your father and I worked at."

Plunk folded her hoofs again. "Well, Dad thought what I did there was funny. It was not like we were going to find what we were looking for anyways. The whole thing was just a bust on our part. And, we found out after we were shown how the rainbows are made, there is no spectra involved in making rainbows. They showed us to make sure we didn't come back looking for spectra again."

Misty stepped closer and glared at Plunk. "Your dad lost his job. So we had to leave. That was not funny."

Plunk shook her head. She stood up then pointed a hoof back at her mother as she raised her own voice. "No, You made us leave because you were the one who felt embarrassed! And that was not my fault."

Plunk calmed herself down some. "Dad went along with the move because he did not want to argue about it like you did. And he liked the idea of moving to the country anyway, as you kept pestering him to do after that."

Plunk went back to sitting with her hooves folded. "You think I am too little to know what happened and keep changing the story, so it sounds like it was all my fault we had to move. We didn't have to move."

She pointed back to her mother as she sat. "You were just too embarrassed to stay. You couldn't handle it."

Misty was getting more irate and pointed back. "Your dad did lose his job! He was being too soft and sweet as usual to tell you this. He did not want you to worry."

Misty calmed herself as she thought more on Kicker, then sighed. "He never seems to worry. It was one of the things I found admirable about him when we first met."

She got angry again as she focused back on Plunk. "But not when he does not discipline you, and lets you do whatever you want. And without showing you the consequences of your actions! Having to leave Cloudsdale was one of them. I will tell you, because you need to learn not to do such things!"

Plunk turned her head in frustration. "Dad told me it was not a big deal. Nor was having to move here. And you just have to keep bringing it up as if it was all a problem. Don't you?"

Misty pointed once again at Plunk. "I will not be raising a ragamuffin thief! One who misbehaves!"

Plunk turned her head back to her mother and glared at her. "You're such a drama queen! You thrive on it. Don't you?"

Misty was Flabbergasted. She shook her head slightly while looking surprised. "What!" Misty was getting much more agitated after that last comment.

Plunk stuck out her tongue and blew a raspberry, then quickly took off to get away from what she knew was coming next.

Misty gave a scowl of her own, then shouted. "Get back here!" Right before she took off after Plunk.

About eight minutes later the door opened up as Mr. Cloud Kicker walked into the site of two pegasuses in a chase throughout the house. The orange pegasus with dark brown mane and a dark rain cloud with rain falling from it as a cutie mark stood back to watch the mayhem he nearly walked right into.

First Plunk whipped by, then Misty slowed to a halt in front of him while panting.

Misty walked up to him. "Hunny your back home," Misty said with a smile, glad to see him home.

She moved to give her husband a peck on the cheek. He was not going to settle for just that as he moved in for a more passionate kiss.

Misty partly melted as she gave into the moment. Finally, they separated.

Mr. Kicker asked, "So what's going on now?"

Misty rolled her eyes. "Oh, you know. I am just having to teach Plunk some manners as usual." Giving him a crooked smile after that statement.

Kicker watched plunk buzz by. "Looks as if she is giving you the runaround again. Need some help?" He finished asking with a grin.

Misty brushed her hoof across his chest. "No, you just got in, I am sure I can handle it. Besides I could use the exercise seeing that I didn't go out with you this morning."

Kicker chuckled a bit. "It wasn't that long of a morning. Even without you, more showed up than we needed and got done real early. Or have you been so caught up in trying to catch Plunk that you haven't noticed the time?"

As Misty opened her mouth to respond, Plunk flew by again, giving her mom another raspberry before exiting out the open door Kicker came in.

Misty turned to the door with exasperation as she spoke to Kicker. "See what I am having to put up with! And she's getting faster all the time."

She ran out the door to follow her daughter, and she called out again. "I told you to get back here!" After she took off into the air to chase Plunk.

Cloud Kicker walked to the door and yelled out "Have fun!" He then closed the door and turned back around to the mess of a living room to relax, before attempting a clean up.

He knew Misty would not be able to catch Plunk, and end up coming home irritated or worried about Plunk again. Picking up the place a little and not have her come home to a mess might lighten her mood some, he thought.

He thought more about his wife. To him she is a completely different pony when she was not upset about something. The kind of pony he fell in love with.

~~~~~~

A groggy Twilight got up as she was pulling herself out of bed. Spike watched her with amusement. Usually, she was the first up, and Spike was the one reluctant to start the day.

Practically pulling an all-nighter poring over some old books, she was not the morning pony today. She received some books on fabled creatures to see if there was anything on this unusual cave hair she saw in the cave.

To her disappointment, she found nothing. Still she had no idea what it is, or where it came from.

She sent for these books and got them just yesterday. Though not a full waste of time she thought. She did come across a few unusual near-unknown creatures not found in any other book she looked in before.

One; a small slow moving green glob called Slime. Said able to dissolve almost anything it comes in contact with. Fleshy things dissolved faster. She felt it a truly creepy thing.

Would move towards anything warm but not hot. Likely looking for anything living to feed on she reasoned.

She found if it did touch someone it would have to be removed quickly or it would be partly inside the one it got on. After that there was no saving the one infected. The Slime would dissolve quickly the victim inside out, as well as outside in.

Fire was said to be the only way known to kill the Slime. And the victim's body would have to be fully burned to keep the Slime from moving on and infecting someone else.

Another thing found in the books was a winged monkey called an Imp. A mean spirited thing.

They would harass anyone in sight. If either their target or one of their own got hurt during the attack they would get more persistent and violent towards their target.

Neither the Imp or Slime was found in these parts or any of them known to be real anyway.

She hoped even some books on myths and legends might shed some light on what the cave hair could be. No luck at all there either.

Spike was getting up as well. He walked over to Twilight. "Wow, you look a mess." He pointed that out with a giggle.

After he got a little more serious, just a little. "I take it you would like me to start breakfast this morning?"

With a bit of a wobble, Twilight steadied herself. "Yes, if you would spike. I feel I need to take a shower and freshen up right away. I will meet you downstairs after."

Spike gave a solute. "As you command. El-Cap-E-Tan."

Twilight just rolled her eyes, wondering where he picked that up, and hoping this phase of him making such comments will pass soon. Shaking her head, she left for the bathroom next to her room.

As Twilight descended the stairs some time later, there was a knock on the door.

Twilight said to herself "Must be one of the girls, the library is not to open for another hour." She approached the door, glad to see any of them and wondering which of her friends it could be.

Pulling the door open with a bit of magic she saw it was Mrs. Flower Wall and Dazzle.

From the looks on their faces Twilight could tell this was not just a simple social visit. She said as she waved them in. "Please come in."

The two entered. With her magic, Twilight moved three cushions to one side of the room. "Would the two of you like something to drink? I can have Spike bring it."

Flower looked as if she was contemplating, then answered. "Well, I am not sure just how long we are going to be here but I suppose I could do with a pot of coffee."

Twilight looked at her. "A whole pot?"

Flower stifled a laugh. "No, just a cup will do dear."

Twilight smiled a little. "I take it you would like some cream and sugar?"

Flower gave a nod. "That will be fine, thank you."

Twilight looked to Dazzle. "Would you like some apple or orange juice or perhaps some milk?"

Dazzle gave a nod as well. "Yes, please. I would like some orange juice."

Twilight bellowed out to the Kitchen. "Spike! We have guests. Can you bring an extra cup of coffee and a cup of orange juice? Make the extra cup of coffee with cream and sugar please."

Spike could be heard moving about in the kitchen. "I'm on it. Be there in a jiffy."

The three of them settled down on the cushions Twilight provided. Spike came in with a cup. "Here is the juice, coffee will be ready soon."

As Spike approached Dazzle's horn lit up while saying, "Thank you Spike."

Grabbing hold of the cup with her magic, she lifted the cup from his claws then took a sip. After she set it down without the liquid inside sloshing much. All done by magic alone.

Twilight watched with interest. "Wow, It's no surprise she can do levitation spells at her age, some pick it up right away. But to have such smooth control. She must have been practicing. I could ask Princess Celestia about having her enrolled in her school for the gifted. There is a chance she might be. I think she might be. They could find out."

Dazzle winced a little and said with some concern, "No, I don't want to leave home."

Twilight gave her a soft smile. "You, don't have to. It was just a suggestion. What is it that you would like to be doing when you get older? If you don't mind me asking."

Dazzle fidgeted for a bit. "I would like to be a healer or a funny stage performer. Or something that is a little of both."

Twilight tilted her head slightly. "Well, that is a bit of a contrast in interests."

Dazzle thought for a moment. "Not really."

Twilight looked confused. "How so? What do you mean?"

Dazzle thought for a moment then answered as best she could. "I am sure you have heard the saying; Laughter is the best medicine? I thought it would be a good idea to help those in need to feel better by entertaining them; while also providing them with medical help."

Dazzle smiled some as she thought more on this. "I could learn about ailments and how to treat them as well as providing what they might need to help keep them in high spirits while in my care."

Dazzle looked serious for a moment. "From what I know, a pony that feels better get's better sooner. And does not sit in misery while waiting to get better. That can slow healing down. Or make them worse."

Dazzle looked to the floor wondering if she explained it right. Then looked back up to twilight with a grin feeling that she did.

Twilight was amazed, hearing this from someone so young. "You did think about this, didn't you? You got all that just from reading the books here?"

Dazzle gave a slight nod.

Twilight pushed her thoughts on what she thinks would be best for the little unicorn. "But the school for the gifted can help more with that. At least, it can help you with healing practices. You will need that."

Dazzle shook her head. "I don't want to go. I love my Mom and Dad. I don't get to see my Dad often. Only, when he comes home. I love living here and being with my friends and family. I also just met Plunk about two months ago. I feel she needs me here. And I need her. The same goes for Trooper. I don't want to leave any of them. I can't just go."

Twilight smiled again. "You seem like such a smart girl for your age. You also seem to care for others so much as well. You don't have to make that decision right now."

Twilight tapped her hoof on the floor. "The offer will stand till you may wish to go. If you ever do. Though me asking is no guarantee you will be able to go.

Twilight sighed. "It was only a suggestion of something if you wish to try for it. And if you ever do wish to, I will try and help you to get in. I could even give you some tests that could improve your chances."

She raised her hoof up to Dazzle in an offering gesture, Then to her chest. "Till then I can teach you what I can if you like. I can even get for you some books straight from Canterlot that might help some to start with. You will even need more control over your magic then you have now."

Twilight stopped to think about one she knows well. "I can teach you a lot of different, and in time powerful spells. When you are ready for them that can help you in all of what you are looking to do."

Twilight put her hoof back down. "But a friend of mine can teach you fine control. Her name is Rarity. I am sure you know her. She can do intricate needlework with her magic. She can show you control."

Twilight pointed to herself for a moment. "I may have stronger magic but she can do things with hers I can't. Not without me struggling with it. And it would not turn out the same as with her. That is, as good as what she can create. Partly because she does it all the time. She can do it with ease. Like a wave of a hoof. You possibly could too if you practice with her."

Dazzles eyes lit up. "I do know Rarity. She makes me such nice dresses for outings. I see her sister Sweetie Belle while at school or the boutique. I am three grades above her, but I know them both a little.

She got a bit more excited about this idea Twilight presented to her. "I can really get to learn from Rarity?"

Twilight gave a nod with a smile, knowing she is making this filly happy with her own ideas for Dazzle. "Yes, she is often busy, but if I ask, she may take you on as an apprentice and show you fine needlework. If you get good, she may even have you help her out in her boutique for a while."

Twilight got formal with her. "Taking care of the needs of others will be of great importance to learn for what you want to do. She can show you this as well. I don't think you will have any trouble picking any of it up. It will just take time."

Twilight smiled again to this thought. "You might even get to know Sweetie Belle more while there. I think the three of you will get along quite well."

Twilight gave a slight giggle. "That will be funny, to walk in and see three white unicorns bustling about the boutique. I got to see that." She was personally amused with that thought.

Dazzle surprised Twilight by bouncing up and down. "Oh, thank you so much Twilight. This will be so great!"

She surprised Twilight even more after she bounded over to Twilight and gave her a big hug. "I just don't know what to say Twilight. Thank you!"

Twilight set her back down. "Don't get too excited yet I can't promise that Rarity will take you in and teach you. She is, as I said, usually quite busy. But a word from me might make a difference. She is a very nice pony once you get to know her. And I still have one other to introduce you to."

Dazzle looked in wonderment. "There's more? Who else?"

Twilight smirked. "You did say you wanted to be able to put others in a good mood. There is one pony in Ponyville that is indeed an expert at that. The same one I told you might be able to help you understand your extra sense. None other than Pinkie Pie!"

Dazzle's eyes went wide, and her face beamed at the name in a way that had reminded Twilight of Pinkie herself.

Dazzle's heart raced, and she felt as light as air. If she were a pegasus, she would be floating.

Dazzle wondered if this visit could get any better. "Oh, Wow! This is the best! I would love to spend time with Pinkie and learn from her."

Then at near bursting with excitement, her reason for coming here came crashing down on her thoughts and happy moment.

She stopped, and held still for a bit. Her eyes darted about as she thought more about her situation. She started to panic. Her emotions rose with fear for everything she might now lose if her nightmares became real as she felt they just might.

Her body trembled. Her breathing went heavy. She looked up at Twilight with teary eyes, and her lips quivering. "Oh, Twilight. Please! I need help!" She began to sob.

Twilight felt saddened and very concerned with this new display by Dazzle. Twilight felt confused and beside herself, while not knowing what to do, or know what made Dazzle's happy mood change to this state of pleading desperation.

Twilight looked over to Flower for an answer. "What's going on? She seemed so happy just a moment ago."

Flower said with a frown, "We have a big problem we came to see you about."

Twilight shook her head. "I'm sorry. You both came here to tell me something important, and I got you both sidetracked. What is the problem you came to see me for?"

Flower saw that Dazzle is too choked up with a rush of despair, making her unable to talk.

Flower answered for her. "I hate to trouble you with this, but Dazzle wanted to see you personally. She thinks you can help."

Twilight observed Dazzle still sobbing, then watched Dazzle drift over to her mom to hid her face against her Mom's chest. "Trouble me! Please! Whatever she is going through, must be very upsetting. I want to help if I can."

Flower gave a deep sigh, and felt grateful to Twilight. "Thank you, Twilight. It means a lot to me, to both of us. I hope you can help somehow. It has to do with that thing I was told you found in the cave a few days ago. The cave Dazzle and her two friends found and pointed out to you."

Twilight gave a look of recognition. She became formal again. "Yes, I have been looking over some books to find out what I can on it. I found nothing so far. What's this got to do with it?"

Twilight quickly came to one conclusion on her own. "Oh, Dazzle told me on that day she can feel it down there. That must be it. Is she still?"

Flower nodded.

The three of them was so caught up in the moment they never noticed Spike put down the two cups of coffee then leave the room. He did not wish to interrupt what he saw going on. He had been listening in, and felt best not to butt in or anything. So he left the room to busy himself. But he continued to listen as he did.

Flower continued. "Dazzle has been having nightmares about it. About that thing you found. She wakes up in a state of terror. Looking much like she does now. But more panicked."

She looked down to Dazzle for a moment before she continued. "Last night was the worst for her."

Flower held Dazzle a little closer. "But that is not the end of it. She has a gift for manipulating light. She was showing her friend Plunk a new trick. She was creating a mental projection. A detailed image with light."

Twilight was surprised. Her jaw dropped a little before stating. "I can do that but that's high-level magic. At least it is for one of her age. It is one thing to make light, it's quite another to form it into shapes. She really can do that?"

Flower nodded again. "Apparently. She has shown me few times. So I know she can. She was just able to do very simple shapes before, but then something happened this morning.

Flower spoke with concern. "She made a small form of a pony, then it moved and reshaped all by itself into that big rabbit thing in her nightmares. After, it moved to attack them before disappearing."

She stopped for a bit as she sighed. "I didn't see it myself, but Plunk did. They both went into shock from the sight of it. Plunk told me it was real looking. Dazzle, she got so scared, and she had no control over what happened."

Flower gave Dazzle a light tap with her hoof. "Tell her honey, tell her what you told me."

As Dazzle was still in hiding and not wanting to move, Twilight pointed out. "For many unicorns a high state of emotion can trigger strong and rather uncontrollable bursts of magic. It is not all too uncommon, but in time we do learn to control it."

Flower nodded, then stated "Yes, I have experienced this bursts of magic in a few ways from her."

Twilight nodded as well "Then you have seen, in this state, most anything can happen one can't normally do."

Twilight stopped to think some more. "I never heard of a sustained, somewhat controlled magic of this sort do to an emotional burst. Well, except for what I did back when I got my cutie mark. But that was quite different. I had unusually high magic locked away that got out all at once. However it was not just fear or high emotions that did it. I just had strong magic I never knew I had till then.

Twilight spoke formal again. "I am actually a student of Princess Celestia because of it. But I live here now. It is rather a part of my teachings. She felt I needed to expand on how I lived, other than living there. She felt I was ready for something more and that it was a necessary step in my life and learning."

Dazzle finally calmed down enough to face Twilight again. What Twilight said has helped take her mind off feeling so bad. "That is amazing. So that is why you moved here from Canterlot."

Dazzle looked around at the floor as she gathered her thoughts on what she wanted to say earlier. "Twilight. It wasn't just high emotions for me either, I was calm and happy right before it happened. I wasn't scared until I knew I lost control over what I was doing. After, I could feel it in my head as if it was working to get out and get to me. I'm still so scared Twilight. What I felt told me that it got out, or that it is going to get out very soon. I can't tell which though."

Dazzle's lips started to quiver again as she spoke. Speaking, she was finding more difficult to do. "What's worst is that I feel some pony is going to get hurt or killed by it, and I can't tell who or when."

Her eyes got more sad and pleading. "I can't even tell if it's coming after me. Am I going to be the one it gets?"

She paused for a moment then tried to shake her head of that thought. As she did, she had a thought as to who else she thinks it might go after.

She looked back to Twilight. "This isn't just fear. It feels just as it did when I thought Plunk was going to be killed. I am so afraid that it might even go after her again, as it might have."

Dazzle was getting more choked up and having a harder time speaking while sobbing. She thought of her own ability to feel when something might bad might happen. "It's such a horrible feeling I get at times. In the past it was only someone in slight pain I felt, or someone that got scared or startled about something."

She did her best to keep herself calm enough to talk about it all to Twilight. "A while after, I was able to tell of bad things that was going to happen as well. I can't describe it. I wish I could. The best I can do is say that it is like having a memory of something come to me, only it is of something yet to happen. But the memory is foggy, I can't see it all. And I wish it would just go away. All of it."

She sniffled before continuing. "I don't like feeling that bad things are going to happen. I hate it. It makes me feel scared every time, and I don't always know for what, or why. I never did like feeling another ponies pain, or fear either."

She sat there crying for a bit more.

Twilight looked in thought. Feeling for this scared little filly before her. It was enough to bring her to tears as well. "I wish you could too. As I said the only other I know of that has anything like this is Pinkie Pie."

Twilight realized there may be no answer for Dazzle. Not even one Pinkie can give. "I really don't know what she can tell you though. I did what I could to understand it from her once before, but I just can't. She tells me she feels a twitch in different part of her body that tells her something specific is going to happen right before it does. A few times it was a delayed moment. Even she doesn't fully know what all her twitches mean, till it happens. That is if they are new ones. I had a hard time believing what she felt was real. That she was really predicting things. But now I do. And I believe you too."

Dazzle brightened a little. Her sobbing slowed as she attempted to speak again. "Thank you, Twilight. I do at times feel like something running up and down my spine that might make my back tingle, if something bad is to happen. Pain from someone feels more intense. I wonder if that's what Pinkie Pie feels. Most everypony in town knows of Pinkie Pie's Pinkie sense. But none knows how she does it. It might be different for me. It kind of sounds the same. I wouldn't know."

Twilight interrupted her for a moment. "It does, but you said you felt it along your back. That is for things that you feel from others something scary or bad. Yes?"

Dazzle gave a nod.

Twilight continued. "When Pinkie feels her back itchy, she said it means it's her lucky day. Definitely not so for you. Then again, you did say it was more of a tingling rather than an itch. For Pinkie, as she described it, her knees feels pinchy when something scary is about to happen. So I conclude it is different with you than with her.

Dazzle gave another nod. "But I told you I get more than a twitchy or tingly feeling. I get a kind of premonition, a vision in my mind, but not all of it, nor fully of what is going to happen.

This time it was Twilight that gave a nod. "This is so with Pinkie as well. She seems not only able to tell what may happen, but where, and with who, and what someone might think or feel too, just like you.

Twilight felt unsure about what more she can say on this. "It seems she is much like you with this. She can see an event as well as what one might be thinking or feeling. She does not always know exactly when or what will happen either. It is still a bit of a guess and mystery on her part when it comes to any full details."

Dazzle added, "This is true for me as well."

She looked like on the verge of crying again. "Like when I felt Plunk was going to be killed."

Sadness and fear took over again as Dazzle started to cry as her memories of that day came back to her. "But I could not tell exactly when or how. Just an idea that it was soon and kind of where, and that she was going to die painfully do to something."

Dazzle shook her head again while she cried a little harder. "Now I feel this monster in my head that wasn't there before. And I feel it might be on the move while looking for a pony it wants to kill. I just can't fully tell what it's going to do. Just that somepony is going to suffer for it, and soon if not already. I don't want to know these things."

Dazzle's eyes opened wide as she had a thought on what she said to Twilight. "Oh, my gosh! Twilight! It might be you it is after. From what I feel it's angry, and hungry. And it is looking for a pony to kill. The pony that made it angry. The only one I can think of it might want, is you. You were the one that attacked it, then trapped it in the cave. If it did live and is getting out. I am sure it is you he wants."


Twilight had a look of grief on her face, then she felt a slight shiver.

A little after she calmed herself. "If all that was true, It can't get me."

Dazzle felt shocked. "How can you say that!"

Twilight gave a sigh. "True, I was a bit shaken by what you told me. It's just I am a very high-level unicorn. He faced me once."

Twilight stopped and thought this over. "I must admit, it was fast."

She thought more on that memory of it. "Humm... There is a chance that if it was to sneak up on me... Oh! Celestia, that's not good. Even I can't stop something I can't see coming. I guess I will have to take that threat seriously then, after all. Now, there's only to think about what to do about it."

Dazzle went a little more calm, with some depression replacing her fear, knowing it might be after Twilight rather than herself. But she didn't like that thought at all either. "That's what I came to see you about. I am afraid of what might happen."

She looked to Twilight while feeling bad about everything to do with this. "I don't know what to do. I just want all of this to end, and for it to go away. I don't want anypony to get hurt. I mostly want to stop feeling afraid. Afraid of some pony dying and knowing that I can't do anything about it."

She closed her eyes with tears still pouring while she lowered her head. "Now I feel afraid for you. I also can't help but feel that I somehow brought this on you. I'm sorry Twilight. I don't want to see you die," Dazzle finished saying while looking at Twilight with sad concern in her eyes.

Twilight grabbed Dazzle and held her tight. Tears formed in her own eyes now while feeling sorry for this sweet little filly that had so much concern. Even for her.

She felt she had to say something to calm her. "Don't blame yourself. Whatever happens, don't ever think you are at fault for this. You have a wonderful gift you don't yet understand. You may feel more than others, but you have no control over this thing. I am so glad you came to tell me all of this. I'm scared too, for the same reasons as you. But we can try to make it okay with some idea of what we might be dealing with."

Twilight sat back a bit while still holding her. She put a hoof gently under Dazzle's chin to have Dazzle look up at her. "That's what makes your gift so wonderful. It lets us know there is something wrong going on, or about to happen. But you are not the cause of it. You didn't put me in danger; you just let me know the danger exists. Now let's think on what we can do."

Dazzle sniffled a bit. She gave a soft, "Yep."

She looked at Twilight a little longer. "Thank you, Twilight. I am so glad you are willing to help. Thank you so much."

She gave Twilight one more quick hug then she went back to sitting with her mother.

Flower gave Twilight a nod when Twilight looked to her. "Yes, thank you again. I do hope you can help. I am so glad we did come to see you. But have any ideas?"

Twilight thought on it for a bit. She brushed a hoof across her face to remove some of her own tears before speaking. "I think so. I know of one pony that has a gift for control over animals and creatures alike, of all kinds. She even stared down a big dragon and got it to do as she asked. Not one like spike. A fully grown wild dragon. I saw it myself. Its sleeping was covering Ponyville in smoke, and she got it to leave."

Both Flower and Dazzle responded with a big "Ooh."

Flower spoke. "I remember that day. The air was quite a mess, but I didn't know how it started or how it was stopped. I did hear something about a Dragon. I was as not sure if it was true."

Dazzle added. "Me neither. So, who is this pony?"

Twilight sat up straight. "Fluttershy."

~~~~~~

Trooper could not wait to start the day. He got up and looked all around his room after his thoughts about the past.

The room was lightly decorated with posters of jousting, a few shields, some toy tin soldiers, a few lances, and an assortment of other things he enjoyed. Most of all his own personal suite of armor his father made for him.

Looking at it filled him with even more growing excitement. He could not wait any longer.

Heading out of his room he wondered if he should try to wake his dad and mom. While standing in the hall, he had what he thought is a better idea. He would try to make breakfast for the three of them.

With a grin on his face, he headed for the kitchen. At the entrance to the kitchen, he found his plans for food domination was on hold. His mom was already up and working on it. However she just got started, so he was just in time to help.

"Hi mom!" Trooper stated as he entered.

A light tan pony with a swirl of pink and purple in her mane turned to smile and greet her son. Her cutie mark of an urn came into view as she turned. Mrs. Patty Potter, a name fitting for her love of working with clay pottery and ceramics walked over to her son and gave him a light kiss on his forehead. "Well you are up early."

Trooper looked up with the excitement for the day still in his eyes. "Want some help?"

"Always. Can you grab me some eggs? I am going to make waffles!"

Trooper opened the frig and saw the basket of eggs. It was a little high for him so he pushed a chair to where he needed it. All the while Patty kept an eye on him.

She Smiled to herself over having such a helpful son. She did not wish to neglect what she was doing but could not help but watch, and in her own way admire her son's simple efforts to do what he can.

Trooper got the eggs down and hopped off the chair. He almost drooped them as he steadied himself.

Next he moved the chair over to the counter and placed the eggs where his mom could reach. But she shook her head. "I need six of those open and placed into a bowl. Could you do that for me hun?"

Trooper nodded, then went to close the fridge door before getting a bowl out and onto the counter.

Patty bussed herself in measuring many of the dry contents to be added as she continued to peek over to Trooper to make sure he didn't have any trouble with the eggs. None to her surprise he opened each egg into the bowl while managing not to make a big mess of his project she gave him.

This was hardly the first time he had helped her in this way, but she usually pushed him outside to play while she made the meals. However, as he has been getting a little older she wished not to miss out on so much time with him, and wished to teach him a few things just as Kindle has been. And she felt it important for Trooper to know how to make a meal, and a good one.

Currently he has been doing good with egg cracking. His first few attempts where some gooey disasters. Patty prepared herself for such, and the both laughed about it as she reassured him it was not going to be easy and it is OK to make a few mistakes while learning. Even during such times she felt so grateful to have the chance to raise her foal to the colt he has become, and being able to spend such times with him.

Being a mother and a wife has helped to make her life feel complete.

Trooper carefully cracked another egg on the side of the bowl. He puled on it till it split in two, and the inner contents dropped into the bowl. He discarded the shell to the side as he went for the last one.

After that task was finished, he was instructed to whip the eggs wile in the bowl. By the time he was done with that she was ready for them to add to the mix.

~~~~~~

Back in the Golden Oaks library.

Flower and Dazzle stared at Twilight in confusion.

Flower asked, "What do you mean? That sweet yellow pegasus that lives mostly by herself is a Dragon tamer? Why, that thought is just too funny. She mostly seems like she is scared of even the wind blowing. We don't see her much in town, so I guess we really don't know her too well at all. But still A dragon tamer? You must be joking! I couldn't see her taming an angry squirrel much less a stubborn old dragon. I have told a few in my time, but this! Please let's be serious."

Twilight looked with a smirk on her face. Then chuckled a little. "Yes, Fluttershy does seem like the timid sort, and she is, but don't let that fool you. Taming a squirrel would be nothing to her.

"Speaking of dragons, you should have seen her reaction on her first time seeing Spike. You think her to be so sweet and gentle, but she plowed right through me, as if I wasn't even there, just knocked me aside, just to get a look at him. The way she was carrying on after, I was almost worried she might try to take him home with her. She just wouldn't leave him alone. It does sound odd. A pony that seemed afraid of her own shadow could not keep herself away from a baby dragon. And would let no pony stand in her way to see him Not even me. Yes, that is rather funny. But seriously she is the one we need. I know it."

Flower sat in thought. "It is true. I guess I really didn't know her well at all then."

Twilight gave a nod. "And there is more. As far as her understanding of animals goes. She would even have no trouble with something like an upset bear. What is most surprising about her, is with how much ease she gained the trust and affections of a Manticore living in the Everfree, that was angry and in pain. She went up to it like she was going to pick up a newborn kitten, but it was the Manticore that picked her up, after she helped it. And she was fine. It did not hurt her it only licked her a bit. I tell you Fluttershy is the one we need to see about this thing. There seem to be few she can't tame or handle once she puts her mind to it. You will see. Once we get her involved, everything should be OK."

Both Flower and Dazzle sat and listened in surprise and amazement. Neither one had any idea, much like the rest of the town.

Dazzle asked, "So, are we going to meet with her today?"

Twilight thought for a moment then shrugged. "Sure. I don't see why not. She may already be up and feeding her animals and birds. I can leave the library to Spike for the day if need be. I think we will do that. I am sure Spike has already prepared breakfast for all of us. We should eat first, and quickly. Then set off."

Flower looked to Twilight and had to ask, "Breakfast? I must admit neither Dazzle or I had eaten this morning. It would be nice of you if we could eat first. But how do you know he has made Breakfast for all of us."

Twilight smiled. "Easy. Spike is usually on top of things. He is a great assistant. I also can tell he has been busy in there for a while. So I know he was not just preparing for just him and myself. Seeing that he has more than likely prepared more than enough for each of us, you are both welcome to join us. But we can't dally, we need to see Fluttershy as soon as we can."

~~~~~~

Breakfast at Troopers home was going well. The smell of freshly brewed Coffee roused Troopers father out of bed. Trooper had just finished setting the table as Kindled Flame walked in. "Hey dad! You are just in time. We got everything ready."

Kindled Flame was a big and heavy set earth pony. A dark gray coat and a light brown mane with a few stray grays. Strong and tall. He looked like a miniature Clydesdale horse. Few ponies could match him in size and strength. Big Apple Mack was one of those few. Apple Mack was leaner, faster, and younger, where Kindle has a bit more size and more brute strength. But Kindle was no fighter. He was a gentle giant just like Apple Mack and never hurt any pony. His cutie mark of a burning log gave some idea to his talent. But not his livelihood. He was as hardened as the iron he worked with and as skilled with it as a painter.

Kindle approached the table. Then around it to give Patty a morning kiss. "Wow the two of you have been busy. Strawberry waffles! Looks good. Has Trooper been helping you all morning?"

Patty smiled at him. "Not all morning. Just breakfast. Actually, I woke up a little before him. I had time to water the flowers before I got started with this. Then he showed up to help with breakfast."

Kindle sat at the table. "So Trooper I take it you are eager to get started on your new armor I promised you."

"No I am not, I want to go out to play after breakfast."

Kindle gave out a big roaring laugh. "You should stick to what you are good at son. Telling puns is not one of them."

Patty dished out the waffles. A rather heaping pile for Kindle.

"So dad, what part do we get started on first?"

Kindle dug in for his first mouth full before answering. You don't get between a hungry pony and his morning waffles, especially this pony.

He downed the first three then answered. "I think we will work on the helmet. We can get that part done today before I have to get started on some other work. We should have the whole suite finished in three days. Four, if we take our time to make it look good. But that won't be necessary. It will be training armor so it will get some abuse. But better the armor than you. I don't imagine Lance will go too easy on you; it's not his style. Though his training for now is just to get you strong. He will give you a taste of combat, only once you get older and use to moving in heavier armor than this with ease. At least, that is his plan." He then dug into his waffles once again. Trooper did likewise.

~~~~~~

Back at the library.

Each of them had finished the breakfast Spike had prepared for them all. Twilight set Spike to handle the library and gave her bye for the day to him. The three of them set off to look for Fluttershy.

They met up with Pinkie Pie on the way through town. Pinkie bounded right up to them. "So Twilight, Whatcha Doing?"

"Oh, just out for a walk. But we are in a bit of a hurry."

Pinkie pulled Twilight in close with one hoof and leaned in to whisper to her. "I gotcha. Super secret stuff."

Twilight pushed her away. "No, Pinkie. We are just heading over to see Fluttershy."

Pinkie grinned. "Okey dokey! I just got finished with a delivery and needed to get ready for an outing with Applejack. I got super secret stuff to do too. See you later Mrs. Flower Wall and Dazzle. I would keep two eyes on this one." Then she bounded off.

Twilight started to rub her forehead. "Am I ever going to understand that pony?"

Flower put a hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "Twilight my dear. Some things are just best left a mystery. Now let's get going. We have another mystery that needs to be solved, other than that one." She finished with a snicker.

Twilight thought for a moment on what Flower had just said, then to what Pinkie. "Super secret stuff? Some mystery to solve? I just don't get it! How in Equestria dose Pinkie KNOW! These things? And now you sound as if you can actually understand her. How?"

Flower continued. "You try too hard. The less you think about it, the easier it is. Accept it."

Twilight continued to argue. "But that doesn't make any sense!"

Flower smiled at Twilight. "And that is why you may never understand. You think it is more complicated than it is, and you feel you need everything to make sense the way you feel it needs to for you. With some ponies, not everything will make sense. It's just the way some of us are; mostly Pinkie," Flower finished with another snicker.

Feeling a little exasperated, Twilight gave a deep breath, and gave up. "Right! As you said, let's get going."

~~~~~~

Mrs Patty Potter got right to her work bench after cleaning the morning dishes. She sat for a moment thinking about the past, and how everything came to be in her wonderful, but simple life.

Her friends were her family. Kindled Flame, who she loved so much, was a strong and devoted husband. Both of their interests complemented each other, as well as her lifelong friend Flower.

She muses at how her own name almost mixed with her friend's into Flowerpot. And how her name also almost mixed with her husband's name into Pottery Kiln. From Pottery Kiln to Flowerpot. She thought it silly but funny just the same. The kind of thing Flower would likely have come up with she though. The two would laugh about such things more when they were younger.

All three of them were artists in their own right. With the skills of both her husband and close friend, she had lots of help by them for her own craft work.

The sculpting of pottery and ceramics was a skill born of love for the art. Much as it was for Flower and her painting. Flower was her friends real given name. Some others called her by her nickname Flower Wall. It was do to when she was little, her passion for painting and drawing flowers on everything. Mostly placing them on any given wall she could find while no one was looking. Flower made her nickname her full name after she got married to Lance.

Flower's developed skills as a painter were put to use on some of Patty's finished works. Mostly those that needed a nice paint job on it. A type of paint work, Patty was not quite able to do herself. The two of them shared the profits of such a piece when sold.

The two shared many precious moments in their lives.

On one day when both where young fillies, seeking out friendships, and what to do in their lives, Patty presented a gift to Flower. A simple finished sculpt of Flower herself. It did not look great but Flower was so happy to receive it.

Flower had what she thought as a funny idea. She painted a flower on the flank of the gift as a cutie mark. No sooner than that happened, Both Patty got her cutie mark of an urn, and Flower got hers in the form of the panting she put on the given little figure.

The two felt such an overwhelming bond with each other from that day, and ever since. Her own gift to Flower and Flower's own addition to it had got them both their cutie marks at the same time. For the two of them, their friendship was magic. The kind few ever found with another.

Kindle on the other hoof had won Patty's heart in other ways. Mostly do to being persistent. He did his best to sweep her off her feet.

True to his craft, Kindled Flame Softened Patty's heart and was able to forge a strong and lasting love between them.

He did not have to try hard. She already liked him. Though while both were still young Patty spent most of her time with Flower. This is what made Kindle feel he needed to be so persistent.

Both Patty and Flower teased him for it, but Patty did little things to help keep his interest on her, however. A little glance, a little smile, occasionally blowing him a kiss just to be a tease. Mostly done while Flower was not looking.

Patty thought he was a silly lovesick colt and entirely too much fun because of it. She also loved the attention despite the teasing she gave him about it. So Patty did not want to lose him.

It had been a lover's game for some time while growing up. And Flower was right there through it all. Flower could not help but know what was going on, and Flower had a love interest of her own.

Flower's love interest also brought Lance into the picture. As Flower was a close friend to Patty. Lance was a Close friend to Kindle.

However, where Flower and Patty were very much alike. Lance and Kindle where like opposites. Kindled Flame thought of himself as a lover, not a fighter. Lance thought of himself as a fighter.

Kindle while growing up had little to worry about. He was big and strong as a colt. Next to none ever teased him. He was happy, and everyone else thought it best he stay that way.

The only ones that did tease him mostly was Flower and Patty. That was only because they were the only few that thought they could get away with it. And because his attention was mostly on Patty. But they were never truly mean to him about it.

Lance had ambitions of his own that got him teased as a colt as well. He was small and scrawny looking. Even more so while standing next to Kindle. His dream was to be a palace guard. A strong, tall white night in gleaming armor. He dreamed of being impressive and important. He believed that being a guard at the palace would gain him some respect. That he would no longer be looked down upon as the little colt he was then.

The whole thing was quite funny and silly to the two young girls while growing up. Because Kindle was hefty and strong, while Lance seemed much more wiry and frail. Yet they each tried to be more like what the other appeared to be.

Lance was scrappy. He never let his size slow down his ambition. In time, he gained through ruff training what he needed in order to be a strong and rugged fighter.

Lance also put to use his unicorn power. It was never as strong as with other unicorns. He felt cheated at this. Because his parents were good with magic, like most unicorns, and he was not.

This problem of his gave him anger issues and vented it on his training. This push in effort lead him to being more physically strong than a strong magic user. Though he gained some better control over his magic as well then in his youth.

It had surprised both Lance and Flower to see Dazzle's skills with magic grow as it had.

Lance was worried his little girl would grow up with her power level to be just like his own at first.

Flower had a few stories to tell him about their daughter on what Dazzle had done while he was out. Though this no longer made him worried if Dazzle would have to deal with being a week unicorn like himself, it did give him something else to worry about with her. How was three earth ponies going to properly raise and handle a possibly gifted unicorn filly?

He was the only unicorn out of the four adults and do to his business, he was often not home for long periods of time. Depending on the trip, he was gone for up to three, even four months at a time. And may be home for only one or two weeks at the most. Somehow, Flower made do with some help from others when she needed it.

Flower was smitten with Lance when they were younger. But not right away. She was one of the few that rarely if ever teased him. Others teased him for his dream a lot more.

Seeing his determination for herself, she believed in him. She admired his passion for his dream and felt he could do it one day. She also thought it be so romantic to have a knight in shining armor to one day sweep her off her feet, as Kindle was trying to do with Patty.

It was Flower that had to gain the attention of Lance however. He was at times so into training he did not feel the need to waste his time with such a silly little filly as Flower. But that was mostly on his bad days.

Like Patty to Kindle, at one point he just gave into Flower. Time has a way of changing things. When he got older, his mood towards Flower had changed. Once seeing her as just a tiresome, bothersome tease, to someone who was always there admiring him. And now felt her as someone he wanted to protect and keep in his life. Annoyance turned to comfortably familiar, to desire, then last into love.

Lance gave to Flower the dream she had wanted while giving up on part of his own dream. After he had finished combat training at a camp for soldiers, he was ready to enlist into the academy to be a royal guard. Even though he past at the camp, he was beaten far greater than by any he had gone up against while there. By one who was not there at all. Flower.

Throughout the three years he trained, he could not get her out of his mind. He just had to admit to himself; he had fallen for her.

Upon Lance's return, Kindle had presented to him a full suit of armor made himself. It was not the shiny, and glamorous armor worn by palace guards like Lance once wanted. He liked it far more do to it being a well-made gift created by his closest friend, and it looked good in his eyes.

He had it fitted then went to propose to Flower while in it. She could not have been more taken by his romantic gesture. He knew she would not be able to resist. It was so much what she had dreamed of. She accepted immediately.

Lance felt his life was to be in Ponyville with Flower at first. Though he was no homebody. With so much training under his belt, he could not sit around and take up some craft, or gardening. He had to get out and use what he knew.

He felt this change from his old dream was for the better. Being a royal guard was more prestigious and the pay better, but guarding the public during their travels was spiritually far more rewarding to him.

Also to know Flower loved him and was waiting for him at home, gave him a reason to live. During some hardships while out, she had been an anchor for him, a reason to fight for life and come home to her.

All of it was the kind of romance story ponies such as Rarity would pine over wanting to hear about. In time, through gossip she as well as others eventually did. In such a small town as Ponyville, such gossip was often spread all around. Much to the pleasure of those who gossip.

For Patty living with Kindle was very good. He gave her all the attention she could ever want, and some. He was a help to her craft in another way than Flower. He was the one that operated the heating for her pottery kilns.

Together, all three has the perfect working relationship, and overall friendship with each other, as far as she was concerned. Lance still went out and did his own thing, but he was still very much a loved member of this extended Family.

To all four of them, they did see it as one big happy family, despite that they lived in two separate homes now. None to far from each other, though not exactly next door.

They once lived altogether, but a few years back Kindle and Patty move to a new place right next to Kindle's metal working shop. She liked the sound. Hearing Kindle work in rhythm helped her relax and concentrate on her work. She loved it.

It was her idea to move after spending a few days to watch him work. She loved so much about him. She didn't feel like being away as they worked on each of their own crafts. This move helped her feel more close to him each working day. Just knowing he was nearby.

Patty couldn't be happier in her life. Before the move that closeness to her friend Flower when they were all living together was also what helped to bring Dazzle and Trooper together. At such a young age when they were born.

Both Patty and Flower not only had their two little ones on the same year, month, and day. Much like they got their cutie marks. But helped each other with raising the two foals.

That is until the move when their foals got old enough to handle a move. Patty had been planning on such a move, but not till the time she felt was right. Patty had wondered if making the move was the right thing to do, seeing how it split up the family some.

She often wondered if she worried too much. It was not like they had moved to a different town or anything. And everyone was still free to see each other anytime. Seeing how both Dazzle and Trooper were old enough to leave the house the two were never really separated, and could see each other often as well.

The four adults had shared one of very few wild nights together. The timing of their two little ones being born had been the result of one of those nights. The last one of such nights they had since.

As much as she did not want to, she held a dark thought she kept reminding herself about. She believed in karma. A sort of, what comes around goes around. For this, she strives to be a good pony. Just like the ones she surrounded herself with.

This, for her made life good in return. She also believed in the dark side of karma. Everything comes at a price. She worried if she would ever have to pay a price for her happiness, or things she felt she might have done wrong, some day.

She felt at times; all was just too perfect. She went to Flower or her husband Kindle whenever such thoughts ever got her down. She received so much love and strength from them both.

She also wondered if she did wrong by moving away from Flower and leaving her alone at her house while Lance was away. It haunted her thoughts that karma might have a payment for her to make for doing such a thing. This thought did not settle with her all too well, making her feel bad about her choice, and making it hard for her to fully enjoy the move as much as she wished to.

She did not like being away from Flower anymore than she liked to be away from Kindle. She often felt she should move back in with Flower and Lance. She wanted to be by both Flower and Kindle, but that just would not work. And Flower would not move in with them, she unlike Patty didn't care for the clanking sounds coming from Kindle's work shop.

Such thoughts often got Patty depressed and unsure of what to do or how to feel. Flower did her best to reassure Patty that the move was fine and that she had Dazzle with her and did not feel alone.

This did not help Patty to feel all that much better about it. She knew Dazzle was not home with Flower often and Flower was just trying to help her to not feel bad about it. But she did anyways.

The children seemed such a blessing and a promising future for all of them as well in her eye. As life carried on so peacefully, she often wondered if she worried for nothing. Working with her craft also helped to take her mind off such moody thinking.

Getting started on something seems like a good idea to her at the moment. The rhythmic clanking in the background told her that Kindle and Trooper had started there planned task. She would do the same.

Author's Note:

The statements in my story on the Rainbow Factory by AuroraDawn, dose not support my own personal opinions of that story. I am a big fan of Rainbow Factory and one of the first fan made stories of FIM I seen. It was one of the stories that got me interested in FIM in the first place. And still one of my long time running favorite stories out there. I only used the idea of Rainbow Factory as I did as a personal laugh, not to diss the Rainbow Factory in any way. I could have came up with another reason for why Plunk and her family moved to Ponyville but after the thought came to me on it, I just went wit it as is.