• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,824 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,824

PreviousChapters Next
Bonus Strike (48.5)- The Shade

When Lightning Strikes- The Shade


In the room that she was in, the girl was all alone. Just her, the soda can on the edge of the table and her computer. For the past half an hour, she had been cracking through the security behind a particular website that for her was hiding something. For most hackers like herself, many would do it for profit or for personal gain. But for her, there was an entirely different reason. One that she was reminded of everytime she started up her computer. The photograph of herself and the five friends that she had which served as the wallpaper for her desktop.

It was the reason why she was doing this… so that way, her friends could not be forgotten.


Flashback, Two years ago...

“Another outing with my little sister and I may not come back alive! I need to find a babysitter!” One of her friends; Romeo Zaylen, said as he was clinging onto the shoulder of her friend; Lance, while one of her other friends; Aster, was nearly on the ground laughing. Romeo was a brunette with green highlights in his hair, and dark brown eyes. He was very pale, almost ghostly with how little time he spent outside.

“Romeo, you’re not going to drop dead just because your sister wants to go to the petting zoo,” Lance deadpanned, sighing a little as he looked back at him. “Don’t you think you’re overreacting just a little?”

“She forced me to pet one of those…” Somehow, Romeo paled even more. “Rabbits…”

At that, everyone facepalmed or laughed. Even Lance himself was laughing a little.

“Seriously? Rabbits aren’t going to try and tear you to shreds, Romeo. You’re fine.” One of the others, a guy named Cody, spoke up. “Besides, Rabbits are vegans anyways.”

“It bit me!” Romeo almost screamed.

Finally, Aster sighed, shaking her head and adjusting her thick black glasses. “If it’ll stop you from whining, I’ll babysit your sister next month when your parents leave you again…” Aster turned to Lance and Cody. “So, you guys excited about that… Convention?”

“Yeah, we’ve been waiting on it for a while. Noah’s going to be there, but I heard that when he goes to those events, he really tries to be… well… in character.” Lance replied, looking back at them. “So it may be just Cody and I wandering around the place. Who knows what we might find while we’re there.”

“I’d come too, but I need to start working up for the science fair.” Aster said sadly.

“Wasn’t that the same reason why you couldn’t come last year?” She then asked. “Seriously? Who plans a convention on the same week as a science fair?”

“Eh, I don’t know. But if I win this years prize is five million dollars and an internship into a huge program that could shape my future!” Aster said dreamily.

Romeo raised an eyebrow. “Didn’t you come in ninth place last year?” Aster’s face turned red as she fumed.

“Romeo, seriously?” The girl herself replied, causing her to look back at him as he had a confused look on her face. “Are you just trying to make her angry?”

“Yeah, her glasses fall down her nose, and it’s hilarious.” Romeo laughed, before Aster punched him. “Ow…”

“So why aren’t you going Sonya? I know germaphobe can’t cause he’s got a month of detention…” Aster inquired, addressing her friend by her name.

“Well, in all honesty… I was going to ask if you need help on your project.” She replied, surprising Aster.

“Oh, thanks!” Aster smiled happily.

“Well Lance, Cody, take some pictures for us, kay?” Romeo asked. Then leaned in closer, “Also, take some pics of any hot chi-” Aster was quick to yank on Romeo’s collar, while her friend followed up with a knock upside the head.

“Was that really necessary?” Lance asked. “Besides, we’re not there to score like that, Romeo. We’re just there to have fun.”

“Seriously though, you’re afraid of almost everything and you want us to get photo’s for you?” Cody asked before facepalming himself. “If we did have photo’s, it would not be of what you would be asking for. Besides, one day you need to get the courage to talk to women without freaking out over their perfume.”

“Oh shut the hell up…” Romeo growled.

“Romeo wants his Juliet~!” Aster teased.

“Romeo and Juliet died.” Romeo deadpanned.

“... Go get your Juliet man!” Aster elbowed Romeo in his ribcage playfully. All that did was have Sonya facepalm herself while trying to hold back her laughter. She honestly did not expect for Aster to say something like that. She was normally shy and would usually keep to herself. Now? Not so much.

“Well anyways, you two have fun. Be sure to tell us how it went.” Sonya replied as both Lance and Cody began to walk in another direction. Unknowingly to her, Aster and Romeo in that present moment… that was the last time they would ever see them.


Present day…

Everything since that day had caused life all around Sonya to spin out of control. Since then, there was no lead on the disappearance of Lance, Cody and Noah. Three friends from their group that to her, she considered as brothers. Her parents were gone, killed in Afghanistan while trying to help others, and back then, she saw the six of them as her own small family.

But since that fateful day, everything began to fall apart. But Aster… oh poor Aster. She took it the hardest. The cheerful side to her died, and was replaced with a cold distance from both her and Romeo, which caused an even bigger rift in the group. Things got worse when Romeo was forced to move out of the country. She was alone and separated from those that she cared for… but instead of letting her emotions affect her, Sonya decided to do something about it.

Which brought her to this point. It was only about 4 months ago that she heard Aster’s name… not from someone she knew, but from the local news. A victim of an abusive father who was a druggy and alcoholic. She was furious to hear this. Aster was a sister to her… and she didn’t care if this man was her father. He needed to suffer for what he had done to her. That was when she first knew that her skills as a hacker were her talent. Because of her, Aster’s father got life imprisonment without chance of parole, allowing her to be able to rest easy every time she visited her grave.

But now, she needed to focus on finding out what happened to the friends she saw as the brothers of her surrogate family. Bypassing the security of a forum she came across though, moving in between lines of the source code soon caused her to come across a name. Something that made her blood run cold.

Surging Storm.

She did not know why she felt this way, but soon, she began to see more names. Names of people. People that have matched some of the missing profile cases that she had been paying so much attention too. Almost hundreds of names, locations and other information… But three things caused her blood to freeze instantly.

Aster Prima

Romeo Zaylen

Sonya Allison

“What the hell?” She asked herself. Why was her name on here? But the next thing she saw made her heart beat faster.

You shouldn’t have done that, Ms. Allison. I want us to meet at Aster’s gravestone in an hour, we have much to discuss. -Timothy Splinter

She looked at her watch. It would take almost forty minutes to get there at this rate. But before Sonya ran out the door, she then typed something. How the hell do you know who I am?

There was silence for a moment, before the reply came in. I’ve been interested in you for some time. Don’t worry, I didn’t make that list, but I’ve been monitoring the site for many years, and know many of it’s secrets that you’d never find on your own.

Okay, I’ll play your game. But not for your sake. I started this because I wanted to find out what happened to my friends. And I will know the truth. Grabbing her coat and her phone, Sonya soon shut down her computer, ran out the door and raced to the graveyard where her friend laid in peace… or so she thought.

When she arrived, a man, most likely in his thirties stood over the grave, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his white trench coat. Other than that, he wore a white fedora, and black pants. His hair was pale white, and his eyes a glowing yellow.

“So you weren’t trying to stick me up…” Sonya said, gritting her teeth a bit. “You must be Timothy… or is that actually your name?” She asked because on the way here, Sonya looked up the name given, only to find no such name in the records the police station had.

The man smirked. “Very clever. My real name, I haven’t used in awhile. Surging Storm, weird name, but I’m not really from around these parts.”

“That’s kind of obvious for someone who dresses like Al Capone in the 1920’s,” Sonya thought to herself, before actually speaking up. “You told me you wanted to talk. So what is it that you want, Storm?”

“Please don’t call me that. I don’t deserve that name anymore. Just call me Tim,” He insisted. “Now anyways. I’m impressed you found my little trail. I can’t believe I was so clumsy, but I’m happy I did. You truly impressed me, Ms. Allison.”

“Why thanks… but do you think that flattery would help you? Information is power… and from the way you responded to me, it seems that you’re hiding something you don’t want me to find… Tim.” Sonya replied, looking back at him. “So what do you know about my friends? Aster, Romeo, Lance-.”

“Oh, I know a lot about them! You see, where I come from is where Lance and the others ended up. Now, to keep things as… Sane as possible so you don’t think I’m crazy. I met Lance a few times, and let me tell you he’s a boy scout through and through.” Tim started, surprising Sonya. “He was ‘abducted’ by someone I have yet to meet face to face.”

“H-he’s alive?” Sonya asked, a little shocked before shaking her head and trying to not get her hopes up too early. “I think you’re bluffing… Cut to the chase before I lose interest in what you’re trying to tell me.”

“Okay… I’ll cut to the chase. I’m going to make a deal with you. You and your friends can reunite together, and you’ll be with your family again.” Tim stated, smiling.

“That sounds too good to be true… What’s the catch?” She responded, trying to not immediately agree to something without knowing the full extent of what he was offering.

“This place you’ll be going has a man that’s made it impossible for me to see my loved ones. His name is Roach, and I want you to kill him.” Timothy said darkly. That, caught Sonya off guard immediately. This man, who seemed fine a minute ago, was now demonstrating a more sinister side to him.

“How do you suppose I do that? Look at me, I’m not a murderer. I’m a vigilante. A shadow of someone people used to know.” Sonya replied. “A Sombra…”

Timothy grinned. “That you are, my dear. You don’t have to kill him, just… Push someone else in the right direction.” Timothy’s right hand suddenly caught on fire.

“What the fu-?!” Sonya was caught off guard almost immediately. “What the hell are you doing?”

“A demonstration.” Timothy said, before the fire condensed and morphed into an unlit candle wick. “I have give you power, my Sombra. The ability to obtain any information, and control any machine with a single touch. I can give you back Lance, Cody, Romeo and even Aster. All you have to do is agree.” Sonya thought this over inside her head, but over time, began to think that his offer… was worth taking.

“That would mean that you would not be in my head or anything right. Because I would be doing this for my own reasons… Lance and my friends are like siblings to me. And I don’t want you to be like a parent watching over us.” That part was important. The last time anything involving parents with one of their friends, Romeo’s parents took him away from her and Aster’s father took her life away. She did not want Tim here to do the same thing. When she saw him nod his head, she then sighed before staring back at him. “You have a deal.”

“Just one more thing. Or a few. The first is that when you see Aster, know that what’s become of her I had no part of. Second, as a way of making sure you go through with your end of the deal, if you do not kill Roach soon, there will be consequences. Just because I can’t be around doesn’t mean I can’t send others in after you to take care of you and Roach. So don’t think you can just say you’re go through with this deal and back out as soon as you’re done. Thirdly, I may not come with, but I’ll give to a list of things to get you started in this new life.”

Sonya raised an eyebrow. “What things?” She then asked.

“Well, to start, you’ll need to know where the hell you’ll be, who your friends have become, where Roach is, and lastly where you’ll be staying. I have someone there that has set up a bunker where everything you’ll need is, but you’ll need directions to it. So don’t say I never did anything for you.” Tim said calmly. “I’m a man running on borrowed time. This will be the last time we’ll speak. I almost wish I was one of your friends… Ah, loyalty…”

“I thank you for your generosity… but I don’t need someone to hold my hand. If you hold the information, you hold all the cards…” She explained to him. “If you can help me acquire that information, I can take it from there.”

“That’s what I’m doing. Everything I give you won’t last. You’ll eventually need to move, but I think everything you need is in the bunker…” Tim said, before sighing. “This may hurt a bit.” Before Sonya could react, she felt her heart stop, before blacking out.


Time passed and with it, the girl regained her senses. But when she woke up, she no longer found herself as Sonya Allison anymore. Instead, she found herself as Sombra. But still, a piece of her still remembered the reason why she chose to come to this place. And the reason for doing this. Upon waking up, Sombra found herself in the chambers of an enclosed room. She originally thought that it was a holding chamber… until she remembered what she was told.

Everything you need is in the bunker…

“This must be what he was talking about…” She thought to herself before noticing what was on her arms. Wires that went along her arms and farther in, she felt the back of her head to feel the cold like touch of metal along the back of her head and along her spine. She no longer needed a computer to hack. All she needed to do was access it herself.

To test it, she saw that there was a table not far in front of her with a briefcase on it. One that was locked with a passcode… which gave her the opportunity to test her new skills. Extending her left arm, a holographic hexagonal set of keys soon appeared and after some testing a little, she soon got the hang of it. However, it did not open the box. This frustrated her… yet when she placed her hand on her newly equipped jacket, Sombra found a note inside.

Codeword: PowerPonies

“Hunh… Odd, but it’s a start.” She said, typing the code into the briefcase as she heard an audible click before the lid slipped off. Inside the briefcase, she found two things that would help her. One she could recognize, a rapid fire machine pistol with a 60 bullett magazine. The other one, she didn’t recognize as quickly until a holoscreen appeared above the object.

Translocator: a portable device that allows the user to be teleported to wherever it is thrown no matter how far it is. Can only have one active at a time.

“Oh si, this is gonna be very helpful for sure.” Putting the translocator in her pocket and holstering her weapon, she now had to find some information on where she was. Noticing some of the computers in the room, Sombra quickly went to work and hacked the computers. Some of the information she had received was… useful. But unfortunately, it did not answer some of the main questions that were in the back of her mind. It did not answer what had become of her friends and most importantly, it did not help her with figuring out where she was. But upon stepping outside, there was one thing that caught her attention immediately.

And that was the facility that had ponies… yes, ponies… being armed guards at the facility. Which, of course, made her even more interested. “Now… let’s see what kind of secrets are being hidden in here.”


Unknown Location, 12:15am

“Ugh, finally… I had been wanting for this inspection to be over for some time now. I can finally go home and get some much needed sleep.” One of the guards along the catwalk told his accomplice as the two ponies were about to change shifts. Granted, they were suppose to change it around midnight, but an unexpected meeting with the head of security and their employer, Lauren Order, caused for their shift to be set back fifteen minutes.

“You said it,” the second guard replied. “The only reason why I haven’t passed out dead tired yet was because of the coffee we still have in the break room.”

“Wasn’t that coffee from like a few hours ago?” The first one then asked.

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Dude… that’s just disgusting. You’re drinking old coffee-.”

Reheated.” The other one corrected. “I’m not crazy… Unlike what Lauren Order has locked up inside there. Those beings are beyond crazy.” To both of the guards, they were unaware that nearby, Sombra was hiding behind a weapons rack that was on the other end of the catwalk and listening into their conversation. “I mean, haven't you heard their names? Junkrat, Roadhog, Jinx, Deadeye, Anarchy? Freaking Anti-Zapp? That’s just bad luck right there.”

“Whatever… Let’s just get this report submitted and we can turn in… Oh and for the record, I heard the boss address that Jinx lady by another name.” The guard said as Sombra followed them closely. Listening to them as they entered an enclosed room.

“What was it? Something like A-Star?” The guard asked.

“I don’t know and honestly, I’m too tired to even think on it right now,” The pony grumbled as he opened up a locker to put his gear away. What the two of them said though soon immediately caught Sombra’s attention… and since no one else was in the room… nobody would notice if those two were… missing. Sneaking out from behind them, she put a hand on the back of each one of their heads, colliding them together as both of them dropped to the floor. Next, she stripped them of their gear, taking any tech she would find before stuffing the stallions in the locker that they had opened seconds earlier.

“Adios,” She spoke, closing the door to the locker and locking it for safe measure. She had made sure that the security camera’s in the room were disabled before taking them down, yet she felt as if this seemed too… easy. Next, her goal was to take the devices she recovered and find any secrets that would be useful. “Let’s see what you’re trying to hide…”

A few clicks with her left hand had allowed Sombra to access the information that was in the small portable communication devices, but unfortunately to her, it wasn’t enough. For one thing, it did not provide any other information about the names that the two guards were talking about, nor did it mention who was in charge of the facility. What she did acquire however was a map… and with it, was the location of a server room on the second floor of the facility. A potential gold mine if she were to get in undetected. But to reach it, there were some hurdles.

One being some of the turrets that were active and trying to detect intruders. The other being some of the guards that were going around the place and the fact that the door to the facility had a hoofprint scanner that would only let in authorized personnel. It seemed difficult, but it was an interesting challenge for her all the same. And the best way for her to do that was to try and bypass everything.

Executing a quick hack, she first focused on disabling the turrets. Two of them that were hidden and one that was out in the open and in plain sight. Now, disabling the turret that was out in the open was for a very particular reason. Doing so allowed for the guards to pay more attention to that… and not pay attention to the door that she was hacking. Allowing Sombra to disable the hoof scanner and slip in without being seen or any alarms going off.

“Heh, demasiado fácil…” She muttered to herself once the door had closed behind her. Stretching out her hands, she soon looked at the room around her and got to work. “Now then… what exactly are you trying to hide?” Now with the security in the room being disabled and the defenses outside being down, it gave her the opportunity to move forward and access the information that she was looking for. It was a relatively big server room with a few different computer terminals and wireless ports, which were each points of entry in order to start her infiltration into the network. Sure, there were some tough firewalls blocking her path, but she was not one to give up so easily.

Upon breaking through and getting access, what she found though… surprised her. “Que Demonios?” Immediately, she came across information regarding where she was, which was known as Equestria and looked similar to that of America back home. With that were names… Names of countries, names of people and names of places and events in this world's history. But it wasn’t exactly everything she was looking for.

What she was looking for was enclosed inside the folder labeled ‘Task force X’. Inside were profiles of individuals who were assigned to the project. Criminals, Assassins, maniacs, thugs and even a cowboy. Which was strange enough to her, but what was stranger was the projects goal. To have them undergo missions that would be deemed as… suicidal since all of them were fully expendable.

It was then that she found something that made her heart skip a beat. “Dios mío...” she cursed under her breath. She had found out who the one known as Jinx really was.

She had found her friend Aster… along with a video of when Lauren Order first got her as it played on a separate holoscreen on her right. The video showed her friend along with the mare that was in the same room as she was in. Jinx originally was acting a bit crazy, almost like she fell on her head. But that was when the mare took a different approach “Ms. Aster… please calm down.

I want popcorn, damn it!” Jinx screamed, before she threw a pillow at Lauren. “And a movie! And guns! Oh, and the movie should be something with rainbow spitting Unicorn kitty, that farts radiation! B*tchsticks that sounds awesome!”

ASTER PRIMA,” The mare ordered, losing her calm for only a brief second with the girl. “I am losing my patience with you… The only reason why I have you here is because there is something important I want to know… Now we could this the easy way or the hard way… and that all depends on you. Now… are you ready to comply?

You remind me of my father… He shot me.” Jinx leaned forward, grinning cockily. “You haven’t even asked me anything! What do I get for talking-?

How do you know Lance Walker?” The name made a chill run down Sombra’s spine… and also seemed to greatly affect Aster on the video. “Your profile mentions you talking to yourself about him… So I want to know why. How do you know about him… I’m curious to find out, Ms. Prima.

I always wanted a Wookie… Then I found out they weren’t real. Thanks for nothing, George Lucas.” Jinx laughed at herself. “What are you offering me for my coop… Cooperation? Yeah, that.

You don’t really have a choice in the matter. If I did let you go, they would lock you away in the Zero Zone or Solace Asylum for the Criminally insane. But if you do talk, you won’t have to worry about ending up there… Besides, I’ve heard many terrible things about what the inmates do to each other in those prisons… and I rather not have a fragile girl like yourself end up in that same position.

Ugh, fine, I knew him in a past life…” Jinx groaned with an eyeroll. “Better?

Care to explain more?” Lauren Order replied.

No, I don’t care…” Jinx grunted. “Where’s my tiara!?” At this point, Lauren Order was beyond frustrated as she then called in a pair of medical staff to restrain Jinx while one of them used a syringe to inject something into her arm. Upon further inspection, Sombra uncovered that the injection was a form of truth serum… with some harmful effects.

After a few moments, the medical ponies were gone and Lauren cleared her throat as she restated her last question. “Let’s try this again… Aster, what do you know about Lance Walker?

Jinx was panting, “We… Were friends… At our school…” Jinx groaned, sounding drained.

Go on… It’s okay. Now… How close were you to him?” The mare then asked.

He was… One of my closest friends… Almost family… But he vanished one day…” Sombra could see Lauren Order look relatively pleased as she then looked back at her. Saying one last question that would cause the girl to really freak out.

What would you say if I told you he was alive?

You kinda already told me. You’re asking about him, so I just assumed…” Jinx started to look even more tired.

Well… Here’s the thing… I originally thought that you would doubt me,” The mare replied, using her magic to pull something out of her coat pocket. “So I thought I would give you some proof.” Zooming in, Sombra could see him with someone else, with both of their profiles appearing of separate holo screens to her left. However, she decided to just review them later because right now, her main focus was on her friend.

That’s not proof… I don’t look like I did, and neither would he…” Jinx said, before coughing. “I… I gave you what you wanted, now let… me go…” Before Lauren Order could say anything else, Jinx passed out on the table as one of the medical ponies from earlier soon arrived to check on her.

She’s still breathing… What would you like for us to do with her, Ms. Order?” the pony asked as Lauren sighed.

Despite her antics… she seems a worthy candidate for Task Force X… Prep her for surgery. We need to make sure this loose cannon doesn’t turn on us.” With that, the video ended… and Sombra was beyond angry.

“Esa perra!” She roared, beyond furious as she dismissed all the screens around her that had the video of Lauren and her friend. But it was then that she remembered something. Jinx was not the only person she had in this facility. And the best way to do that… to let some of the lackeys she had locked up loose.

Opening up a map file that she acquired, Sombra began to draw up a path for her to reason the facility where the members of Task Force X were being kept. Each of the members were rather… interesting. But she only needed those that could provide her enough of a distraction for the guards outside while she sneaked into where they were holding Aster. Of course, there were only two good choices out of all the candidates. Others like Anti Zapp and Deadeye would be more of a risk and she did not want to get backstabbed for it.

Junkrat and Roadhog on the other hand… they would do just fine.

Using her thermal cloaking to hide herself, she disabled the security monitors once more as she entered the holding room. A quick hack allowed her to unlock the doors to the rooms of the two criminals along with the storage unit to where their equipment was being held. Of course, the two lunatics in question saw this more as an opportunity for mayhem and to show their boss how much they… appreciate her by killing anything that moves.

“Hey! Let me out too!” A cyan pegasus with black and red mane shouted through a barred cell. She couldn’t see Sombra, but she hoped the hacker heard her. But Sombra knew otherwise and kept her locked inside. The pegasus had enough power to drain the facility dry… but that would also disable any computers and tech in the facility. Something that she needed to access the information needed to help her survive.

Finally though, she came across Aster’s room. Before entering, she disabled the camera’s to her cell and had the door open slowly. Just enough for her to slide her translocator inside before appearing in the room a few seconds later. Breathing a sigh of relief in the meantime… but hard part was now upon her as she turned around… only to see her friend wake up and stare right at her.

“Stranger danger! Stranger danger!” Jinx screamed, before kicking Sombra in her gut. “Where’s Fishbone when I need him!?”

“O-oww… Aster, calm down. It’s me…” She ushered, letting her friend see her for who she was.

“Yes… It is you…” Jinx said, confused.

“Don’t you remember me… It’s me… Sonya.”

“Oh! Sonya! Didn’t recognise you with that face!” Jinx grabbed Sombra’s face and started to pull on her cheeks. “You’ve got purple hair!”

“I dyed it after… well, after I heard about what happened. Purple was your favorite color, so I did it as a way to remember you,” She replied to her friend. “Just… what happened to you?”

“I got shot in the f*cking head, ahahaha!” Jinx then hugged Sombra. Who in turn, hugged her back.

“I missed you so much, Aster,” She told her. “A-after what happened, I felt like I lost everything. But I wanted to find out what happened to our friends. I wanted to find the truth… and that’s how I found myself here… and how I found you. I want to help you, but I don’t have enough time right now.” She wasn’t wrong on that. Even with Junkrat and Roadhog on the loose, she did not know how much time that would buy her. Ten, maybe fifteen minutes at most… and she wanted to make every second count. “Are you okay?”

“Totally- Wait…” Jinx looked at her clothes, which was an orange jumpsuit. “No, my stuff isn’t on me. And I wanna burger.”

“Aster, I’m worried about you…” Sombra tried to let her know. “You’re not the same as I remember. Yet, you remember me… Did they do something to you?”

“They put something in me that makes me go boom! Ahahaha!” Jinx started twirling. “But I ended up like this after I became this!” She gestured to her face.

“Sssshhh… Not so loud… the guards can’t find out that I’m here.” Sombra urged, having her lower her voice. “I want to help you and I want to get you out of here… But I can’t do so now. I want to find something that can help you… I want to be able find a way to get us all back together again… But I can’t right now until I have enough information on Lauren Order… Do you understand what I’m saying?”

“Meh, sorta…” Jinx shrugged.

“I want to get you out, but I can only do that when I have enough evidence to expose her of what she did wrong. Until then, you’re going to have to wait patiently… I’m not going to abandon you. I know for certain that somehow… our friends are here too. And I’ll stop at nothing to find them. Cody, Noah, Romeo, Lance… I want to get us back together. But I need you to stay strong until then okay?”

“I’ll try not to get my head blown up.” Jinx said, somewhat seriously.

That made Sombra smile as she placed her hand on Aster’s shoulder. “Thank you… Stay safe, Aster.” With that, the hacker soon had the door slightly open as she slid her translocator device across the floor and re-emerged outside. Now though was when she did not hear the sounds of explosions… but rather two gunshots from that of a revolver.

“I always wondered when these two idiots would lose it,” She heard a male voice as Sombra engaged her cloak, peaking around the corner to see two figures. One of them being the cowboy from the profiles she found. The other being the mare named Anarchy.

“Could Jinx be a threat?” Anarchy asked.

“If she were, then she would be with both of them… Matter of fact, it only seemed as if these two were let out for a reason… if everyone was let out, then Anti-Zapp would drain all the power to the facility… Where’s the boss?” The human asked. “If there was something off, she would’ve noticed it by now. Hell, she was the one that got us up and told us Junkrat and Roadhog were on the loose in the first place… Couldn’t she have just killed them with the bomb implanted in them?”

“Their bombs were disarmed,” A third voice spoke, this one Sombra recognized from before. Low and behold, it was the mare of the hour. Lauren Order herself. “Somehow, they were deactivated remotely. We don’t know who it is, but something about this entire thing seems off to me.”

“Okay, so we gonna kill some wankers?” Anarchy asked, then sighing shortly afterwards at the failed attempt of trying to impersonate somepony with a neighlish accent. “That was terrible…”

“Who knows. For all we know, whoever caused this could still be somewhere in this facility. Security camera’s have not caught any unusual activity, but we should take into account that whoever this person is knows how to keep themselves hidden.” Lauren Order replied back. Sombra needed to go now before she was to be spotted, yet, the second she got up to the catwalk, she soon heard the man that was with them turn around and speak.

“Now I may not see you… but I know you’re here somewhere…” He growled, looking around as he had Lauren Order stay close to him. Before he saw something shimmer out of place. “Anarchy, check the catwalk. Something doesn’t seem right up there.”

“Roger!” Anarchy shouted and sent a barrage of black spikes across the catwalk. Sombra dodged it, moving to the far end of the catwalk as the shadows covered her while she came out of her cloak. Anarchy could not see her face, but she knew there was someone there. “Come on out and surrender, or I’ll suffocate you with… Me!”

Of course, Sombra knew what to do right now… As she stood up, high amounts of energy formed around her as she let it all loose in a massive shockwave as she focused on the lightbulbs in the room. “¡Apagando las luces!” That in turn, caused all the lights in the area to shatter and have the whole entire room fade to black. Giving Sombra enough time to run out of there unseen as she made her way out to the roof. Not before leaving a message for Lauren Order.

Quemar en el infierno, perra. -Sombra.

“What in Celestia’s sun is this?” Anarchy asked, narrowing her eyes in an attempt to understand it. However, to her surprise, McCree was the one to answer.

“I’ve seen this before… It’s a language back on Earth known as Spanish… What the saying is though is another story… and I think it might be directed at the boss since it’s right next to her office.” The lawbringer replied.

“What’s it say?” Anarchy asked. McCree sighed before looking back at both Lauren Order and Anarchy.

“Burn in hell, b*tch.”

“... F*cking tartar sauce, I thought working here would be easy…” Anarchy groaned. “Hey, you think we get a chance at parole? Like there’s a retirement plan for us?”

“We’ll have to live that long first before finding out.” McCree groaned. This was definitely not going to be easy for either of them. “Right now though, I think some sleep is in order.”

“Indeed… Go to sleep you two while I, a frail old mare, deal with Junkrat and Roadhog…” An elderly mare said as she entered the room. Anarchy immediately growled, her eyes turning crimson at the sight of the mare, and all four of her hooves turned into blades.

“What the hell?” McCree asked. “Who the hell are you?”

“Dr. Hailstorm, charmed.” The white Pegasus said, smiling lightly.

You!!!” Anarchy was about to pounce, but McCree stopped her.

“Anarchy, calm down.” McCree told her. “How the hell did you get in this facility?”

“I work for Order, nowadays. Now, would you two take care of the rogues?” Hailstorm asked smugly.

“I’ll kill you.” Anarchy threatened.

“Anarchy, McCree, return to your room,” Lauren Order told them, showing a device that has the explosives implanted in them to be back on again. “I don’t care what Hailstorm did in the past, but she’s been helping us now. Go back to your room… that’s an order.”

“She… Argh!” Anarchy stomped away, still seething. McCree still followed her, before turning around and looking back at the doctor.

“I don’t trust you… And if you even try to mess with Anarchy again, you’re going to have to be dealing with me first.” With that, McCree left the room and joined up with Anarchy. Leaving Lauren Order with Dr. Hailstorm.

“Your task force has been compromised, Lauren. And your results are… Lacking… The demon incident in Sun Fransokyo is an example of this.” Dr. Hailstorm stated in a cold and calculated tone as she stared at the mare she was talking too.

“You don’t have to remind me, Hailstorm… We’ve been stepping things up here. Making sure that there isn’t anything that tails back to us… If you let me do my job, then I won’t have to get on your ass for what happened with Project Marionette… Your subjects caused more damage and you’ve hurt more ponies than anypony else.” Lauren Order growled. “And furthermore… stay the hell away from Anarchy.”

“I know I caused countless deaths… But to me, it wasn’t a failure… My masterpiece is still out there, and soon, she’ll work for me.” Dr. Hailstorm said calmly, her smirk unwavering. “... I remember Anarchy when she was a young mare… She’s grown up alot since she lost Ash…”

“Listen… I don’t want to see your face here ever again. And if you do show up, the guards here will be ordered to shoot you on sight. You caused more pain than anyone would know and you made Anarchy the way she is now… If I had it my way, I would have you shot dead right here… But I’m giving you one last chance… take care of the traitors… but afterwards… I don’t want to see you anymore.” Lauren Order growled, staring at Hailstorm with a predatory look before walking off, leaving the elderly mare alone.

“Oh Lauren… So controlling… Rainbowshine, take care of the chaotic ruffians.” Hailstorm ordered, and a purple pegasus came up behind the elderly mare and continued towards where Junkrat and Roadhog were. Lifeless on the ground with a bullet to the head each.

“Huh, they’re already dead Ms. Dr. Hailstorm!” Rainbowshine shouted back, unnaturally happy.

“I suppose the cowboy got them… Hmph. I guess we’ll test you out later.” Dr. Hailstorm sighed. “Text Lauren and give her a gift basket of apples, I hear she likes them.”


As she disappeared from the premises of the compound that she had infiltrated only just recently, Sombra began to process all the information she had collected. Everything that would have belonged to the mare that was in charge of this… task force… was also now hers after accessing her servers. But the information she found had a lot more than just the files she had on her lackeys.

It also had other useful bits of information. Records on court cases, important locations here and around the world along with in depth files on heroes, villains, anti-heroes and many other special individuals. Everything on file that Lauren Order had in her system… was now hers as well. In a way, finding these hidden secrets reminded her of the times before deciding to come here. The times where she was only just a girl. A girl who learned that information was power. She who holds the information, holds all the cards.

Yet, now… that girl was no more. Only Sombra remained… and she was going to do everything she could in order to find the truth. After all, everything can be hacked…… and everyone.


Author's Note:

And this... was the bonus I had in store for everyone. I had been working on this for a while with Brony Parasite and now that I look at it, I think this was the perfect time in order to bring it out. Enjoy the madness and adios.
-Frost

PreviousChapters Next