• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,713 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,713

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 40- Heroes Association

Author's Note:

To make up for the lack of updates, here's one massive one for you. A lot of things have been going on lately, but with the announcement of the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack coming this September, I decided to finish things up and get this one done.

Second, there was THIS announcement with ASG at AnimeExpo that really got me excited and looking forward to winter season

And with Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 coming in September, I'm pushing to make sure that a lot of elements from the second game in the series will be added into this one as well and also stick with the current themes right now with this story. Thanks for sticking with me so far everypony. I really appreciate all the support!!

Oh and just for kicks... Here. (Not adding this to the story, but I think some of you will get a kick out of this)

Crossover again with One Punch Derpy

When Lightning Strikes- Heroes Association


Sun Fransokyo

For a while, Lance was worrying about Applejack. The damned countess took her as a hostage and fled without even him being able to do anything to stop it. It lingered in the back of his mind for quite some time. Especially since she was vital to a LOT of the cases they were investigating here. For a moment, he felt like Murphy’s law had been enacted. That what can go wrong… will go wrong. But that motion was soon blown out of the water once he felt a hoof on his shoulder and heard a familiar voice. “Sorry about that, did ah make ya worried?”

Hearing that almost made Lance feel like he was about to jump out of his own skin as he looked back at the mare, who was standing right behind her. “Good lord, AJ. You scared the crap out of me!! I-i’m thankful that you’re okay… Did they… did they hurt you at all?”

“No actually, I snuck out while they weren’t paying attention. Even got my Lasso back too,” She said, motioning it to Lance so he would see it and feel relieved in the process. The Adept breathed out a sigh of relief and hugged the mare for a moment before something else popped into his mind as he looked back at her. “Ah broke out of some place they were stopping at on the way to their base and galloped off before they could notice.” Now, this exactly wasn’t the truth that AJ knew… but after what she had seen… and the promise that Bayonetta had her keep… The less words that were said, the better.

However, Lance noticed that. “Hang on… How exactly did you-?” But before he could be able to ask her, a new transmission came in on his communicator and to his surprise… it was from a sender called “Genos”. However, when he opened it up, he soon realized who exactly this pony was as soon as he heard her voice.

“Oy! This thing working?”

“Amethyst? Is that you?” Lance asked out of confusion. “Why does your caller ID identify you as Genos?”

“Yeah, I’m pretty much using his ID for a moment to make this call actually.”

“I would like to have it back when you’re done please.”

“Yeah, yeah, this won’t talk long.” He heard Amethyst groan to herself before looking back at him. All this did though was cause Lance to look back at AJ and have her go back to Mane Hero Six’s HQ to let the others know they were alright while he took this call. He then took a deep breath and looked at the cyborg before speaking.

“Amethyst, where’s Derpy? Is she with you?” From what he remembered, Amethyst had to keep an eye on her mother at all times unless they want accidental destruction to the city. In a way, it made Lance feel like this was a plot setup for The Incredibles when all the heroes would get blamed for the property damage that occurred during the times they were saving the world. “Matter of fact, where are you even?”

“You know the stadium place where they have hoofball training and events? Well we’re pretty much here for a hero testing from the Heroes Association.” That though, was not a name that he had heard of before at all. In fact, Twilight and the other ponies back at Base never said anything about it and from checking the link he had with IRIS, which served as the Archive on all the records of heroes from past to present, nothing about this Heroes Association ever came up at all.

“What the hell is a Heroes Association?” He asked, confused and wanting to inquire more information.

“Think of them as the power ponies… only much better and have a better budget.” Amethyst replied, looking back at him.

“Did they form recently? There hasn’t been any history of them or anything in the archives.” He pointed out, interested to hear Amethyst’s response.

“Hell if I know. From what we heard from Tatsumaki, one of the heroes saved somepony named Filthy Rich a couple of years ago and next thing this place was made for those who wanted to become heroes. I’m surprised that you or Twilight didn’t know about this seeing how you guys are always on top of stuff like this.”

“We are. It’s just that we haven’t heard of it before. My only thought on it was that it probably was a private institution before it went public, but again, that’s just a thought,” He said before clearing his throat. “Now that that’s out of the way though, could you explain why you called? It’s almost daybreak.”

“Well seeing how these guys are pretty much having themselves opening for heroes, I figure you and the power ponies would be interested in seeing how things work here.” Now that seemed like a opportunity not to pass up. The Power Ponies on their own already had a few branches within the main team that stretched out across the country. Being partners with an Association such as this one might be beneficial and help them cover more ground when fighting crime or resolving cases. However, it all depended on first impressions and from the way this sounded, it made it look more like a business meeting than an opportunity.

“Well, I think I may have some time. Are you back in Maretropolis, because I’m going to have to travel from Sun Fransokyo to catch up with you guys.” He said, looking around a bit as he listened to Amethyst’s next reply.

“They’re holding the testing center in the stadium in Sun Fransokyo actually. We pretty much flew here from their HQ in Maretropolis.” Amethyst stated, prompting Lance to bring up a holo-map on the side to find the waypoint for their location so he could follow the coordinates for the stadium once they were acquired.

“Alright, I found the waypoint. Give me a second and I’ll come here as fast as I can. See you soon.” With that, the Adept ended the call and began to follow the coordinates as he dashed across the rooftops of buildings, his presence only symbolized by a small amount of electricity that was there.


“Was it really necessary to use my ID to make your call?” Genos asked as he placed his ID card into his saddlebag.

“And pay fifty bits for a long distance phone call? I think not. Plus using your ID let’s me call anyone for free, so it’s a win and a steal in my book.” Amethyst said causing Genos to roll his eyes.

“And how is your friend going to get here in time then?”

“Well, he is quite agile… Plus, I bet you that when he does get here, he’s going to make a superhero landing.” Amethyst added on to that statement, only causing Genos to be a bit more confused. That was, until the same person that she was talking about landed from the top of the stadium onto the ground on the opposite side of the field as electricity surged from his hands. “See? Superhero landing.”

“You’re zero point five seconds late.”

“Well, I was told about it a little unexpectedly and I had not been here before, so I couldn’t be able to teleport here since this place is entirely new to me.” The Adept replied. “I apologize for being late though, I did not know that I was on a time rush.”

“Hm… Amethyst, deal with your friend. I have patrolling to do.” Genos said as he lept onto a building a and off into the city. Lance sighed, looking back at everything around him before looking back at Amethyst.

“Nice friend you have there…” Lance sarcastically said as he looked back at the cyborg. Unaware that his entrance had attracted a very large amount of unwanted attention around him.

“Nice going, idiot. You drew attention to yourself.”

“Hey, you didn’t tell me how to get in here or where the front door would be, so I had to improvise,” The Adept sighed, looking back at her. “So what do we have going on here?”

“It’s testing, what do you think?” Amethyst said sarcastically, only causing Lance to fold his arms in response as he let her speak. “The Heroes Association are looking for heroes to help out around the cities seeing how things are getting out of hoof with you guys.” The Adept remembered exactly what she meant with that. The prison break of the Zero Zone by Nova and Sumeragi had contaminated the entire country because of letting out dangerous and loose criminals into the streets. Of course, they had been working on trying to lock them back up, but with overwhelming numbers, they couldn’t do it all on their own.

“It wasn’t our fault. We were blindsided unexpectedly… and now that is becoming a major pain in the ass with having to clean up the mess and admittedly, we can’t clean it all up on our own.” He said while the last part he said silently, looking back at her and letting her continue speaking.

“And that’s where we come in. We deal with both small to Dear Celestia, it’s the end of the world!! Problems.” She explained to him as she projected a small holo-screen titled “Threat Levels”. They were organized out and labeled from top to bottom on how major a threat level would be and the effects of said threat levels. The smallest scale was Wolf, which implied the appearance of a being or group that might pose a threat. The next scale up, Tiger, was an unspecified threat to a large amount of equestrian lives. The third tier scale was Demon, which implied a threat to a whole city and it’s functionality. Fourth tier was Dragon, implying a threat to multiple cities. The last tier was Goddess, and that was the most dangerous of all. It was used to describe a threat to not just the entire equestrian population, but also to the world as well. What may be seen as an Extinction event.

“The structure of this system is… quite accurate if I must admit… But how do you determine who are the best people to send out to deal with a specific threat?” He then asked as they were walking. “I mean, you can’t exactly send a rookie to fight a demon level threat, so do you have some kind of system to determine who is capable for certain threats?”

“Why do you think we’re having a test here? Depending on what grade you get you’ll be starting off as you work your way up to being an S rank super hero.” She replied back as they went through a certain set of doors inside. “Welcome to the testing center for becoming a hero.” Lance was honestly surprised and a bit blown away by what he was seeing. This was nothing like Maretropolis, but it was attracting the attention of a lot of ponies and other individuals from different species who were eager to sign up.

“Holy crap… This… is something else entirely.”

“I know, we didn’t expect that many ponies to sign up for this.” She replied, turning her head for a moment to notice a few of the other ponies that she remembered from Maretropolis. “Hey aren’t those ponies from Maretropolis?”

“I’m not too sure,” Lance replied, “But judging from their appearance and the way that they are dressed, they must be here for the event… Like to inspire others to sign up?” He pointed at the table, which showed a couple of their saddlebags open and some ID’s out in the open for anyone to see. But those ID’s weren’t ordinary. They were ones that were distributed by the Heroes Association and judging from the silver like color on the cards, their ranks seemed very high up. “I’m going to take a wild guess that they’re upper class heroes from the heroes association.”

“B rank heroes get silver color cards, A rank gets gold, S ranks get jet black, C ranks get bronze and D ranks get a clear colored card.” Amethyst informed him as Lance looked at it again, noticing that only a couple of the cards were silver… while the rest were gold.

“A’s and B’s… Why they’re over here instead of outside helping with the exams is beyond me.” Lance sighed, looking at Amethyst and changing the topic. “So, hows your family doing? Getting adjusted to life here?”

“Despite having a few damages to the city, we’re doing pretty well.” Amethyst replied back, looking at the Adept for a few moments before noticing something and saying something to him in a low voice. “Look alive idiot… you’re catching the attention of almost everypony in this entire place.”

“Never expected to see someone from the power ponies to sign up to take the heroes test.” said a pony wearing what appears to be garb from neighpon walk up to them. “I’m surprise the rest of your poorly gathered team isn’t here.”

“I’m here because Amethyst called me. The rest of the team is having to deal with other cases… Also, not to be rude, but who are you?” He asked, turning around to face the pony who was talking.

“S rank 4, Atomic Samurai.” Amethyst said after a quick scan of the amber colored earth pony. “From what the records show, his swordsmanship is unparallel to anypony else in Equestria. Be warn, he’s on of the 16 S class superheroes.”

“Noted,” The Adept said on the side. “Care to inform me why an S class is here and trying to bother me and my friend?”

“It’s rare to see a human in a place like this. Especially from a group of ponies that can’t handle themselves very well. I’m surprised you group is still operating under certain conditions.”

“And I’m surprised that you decided to choose that to wear here. I can even see the dry cleaning tag on the back of your clothes.” Lance pointed out as the tag flew in his face.

“Lance for the love of Celestia, shut the buck up.”

“What? I thought with the fact that he’s a samurai, I expected him to wear some kind of armor or something.” Lance shrugged, looking back at him. “Besides, can’t we just get along? I’m here to be with my friends. Not to start any fights.”

“You disrespected a samurai’s outfit. That’s something you do not do if you wanted to be on his bad side.”

Lance sighed, looking back at the earth pony. “Look sir, I’m sorry for insulting you, but I’m not asking to start anything. Can we please just let this go-.”

“A little too late for that kid.” said a familiar voice as Amethyst looked behind Lance to see Derpy, Tatsumaki, and Dinky floating towards them.

“Hey guys…” He said to Dinky and Derpy before looking back at Tatsumaki. She seemed to be saying something, but couldn’t exactly tell because Derpy tried to tackle him the moment she got close enough. Leading him to have to stand up while Derpy was on his shoulders. “Little help here, Amethyst?”

“I would… but this is too funny to pass off to watch.” The Cyborg giggled. Lance sighed, only to see a catering cart farther down the aisle with the one thing that would drive the mare on his shoulders to chase after it… and unfortunately, Atom Samurai was directly in her path.

“MUFFINS!!” She hollered out, bolting off after the cart while knocking the samurai pony to the ground and causing both Lance and Amethyst to facepalm themselves simultaneously. “YOU SHALL BE MINE!!”

“Of course she does something like that.”

“Care to explain why The Azure Striker is here?” Tatsumaki asked as she looked over Lance. “I always thought that he was… much taller than this.”

“Height is not something I’m rather focused on… and also, Amethyst told me about what you guys were doing, so I thought I would come see for myself. After the “Zero Hour” incident a while ago, we’ve been working tirelessly not just here, but with other teams in different parts of Equestria. So when I heard about you guys from Amethyst, I thought I would come check it out.”

“Hm… I can see what you mean, but you’ll have to talk with Filthy Rich about something like this. I mean you’re free to try out and all but due to the power ponies… past history involving… well you should know.”

“I have a pretty good feeling of what you’re talking about…”

“Look nothing against you or anything, but after what Chrysalis told and showed us...it’s hard for most of us S rank heroes to actually cooperate with your team. But if you’re able to convince Filthy Rich to work with you guys then be my guess.”

“I understand about Chrysalis. That was back then though and this is now. I don’t know much about the power ponies past, but I am not letting that determine my appearance in society or our future either. If you want me to convince Filthy Rich, I will… and I think I know the best way of getting his attention.” Lance said, turning around to a spare clipboard that had a signup sheet for the Heroes Association as he filled it out and had it ready.

“That might work...though I’m pretty sure your test will be a bit different from the other ponies seeing how your...well...you know.”

“You don’t need to beat around the bush… plus I’m up for anything that I might necessarily have to face.” He said, looking back at them for a moment.

“Okay then.” The earth pony said as she levitated the clipboard towards herself. “I’ll take this to Filthy Rich to see how he takes it. It shouldn’t take long for him to look over it so I’ll be back in a few minutes or less.” Tatsumaki said as she flew off. Causing Lance to look back at Amethyst and the others.

“If you’re wondering who she is, her name is Tatsumaki S class Rank 2, A.K.A The Terrible Tornado.”

“Thanks… How you got to be friends with her is beyond me… but I think she might be a good pony to work with in the field.” Lance replied. Shortly after that, he heard his name being called and he proceeded to where they were going to have him take a test to see how capable he was intellectually. It took him twenty minutes to complete the exam before he was able to meet back up with the others as they were waiting for him.

“Well, that part’s done… what’s next?” He then asked.

“Now we test your physical abilities.” said Maud as she entered the testing room that Lance is in. “Please follow me sir to the testing grounds.” Lance nodded and followed after the earth pony. But hearing Maud’s response just caused Amethyst to look back with confusion.

“Grounds? They never called the testing areas that… something’s not right…” The Cyborg said as she looked back at Dinky.

“I’m guessing because he’s with the power ponies, that his test is different than how the test is with the ponies here. You don’t think something bad might happen to him do you Amethyst?”

“No… but I think that how they will test him now… might go against the regulations of the event.” She said, looking back at them. “We better hurry over there before anything bad happens.”


As Lance went back outside, he now happened to notice that the field outside now had an arena like field laid out for them like if it was the Cell Game in Dragon Ball Z. Just without the obnoxious pillars in the way. He was instructed to stay on the field, but honestly did not expect that the test was somehow rigged.

“You will be test on your strength in this place.” Maud said as she stood on her back legs and took up a fighting stance. “We will be your opponent to see if your skills are up to the test.”

“Okay… and who’s we?” Lance questioned, scanning the area to see if there were any more opponents to join the fight.

“That would be Maud and I.” Tatsumaki said as she levitated into the room next to Maud.

“Two on one?” He asked, before sighing and clenching his fists. “I’ve handled worse… Way worse than you could possibly believe.”

“Yet you never faced something like us.”

“I’ve faced many things that you might not be able to comprehend and lived… So hit me with your best shot.” Lance dared them as he prepared himself.

“With pleasure.” Maud said as she darted in front of Lance, as she tried to deliver a right hoof to his face. But was unmoved by the blow as he followed with a counterattack that was a palm strike to her front leg and a turn to land the earth pony on her back. As she got back up with a sweeping kick, Lance blocked the next two strikes and added a palm strike on her back leg. For a moment, Maud felt like she was just getting started… but then, something else happened. Something Tatsumaki noticed immediately when Maud was struggling a bit to move. “Paralysis to the joint, not a bad move to use.” The mare said as she quickly jabbed her left back leg, causing it to move freely. “But you need to do a better job if you want to beat me.”

“That’s only one part of the plan…” Lance told her, only to have Maud charge at him as he prepared himself. His plan was to see what Maud was capable of in close quarters combat and effectively find a way to defeat her without having to exhaust too much of his powers. He was going to save that for when up against Tatsumaki.

“You’re gonna need to think of a better plan than that Lance.” Tatsumaki said mentally as she smiled at the adept.

Mind games? Original…” He said as he waited to expose an opening in Maud’s furious combination of fists. No soon after though, he found one flaw to expose as he unleashed a forward jab filled with electricity that struck around the ribcage, staggering Maud.

“Not bad...but.” Maud used her right leg to keep her from staggering back as she delivered a counter body blow to his chest. “You have much to learn.”

However, when she thought that she hit him, the body dispersed into electricity as it wrapped around the mare’s body… and more electricity was seen being emitted from her forelegs. All while Lance was right behind her… and unleashing one of his strongest skills.

“Interesting ability.” Tatsumaki said as she watches the fight. Seeing the giant blade of lightning form from his hands and send Maud flying out of the ring.

“I got a lot more strength where that came from.” He assured her.

“You fought well against Maud, but now you’ll have to face me now.”

“That… is sort of obvious.” Lance sighed, looking back at her as some lightning began to channel around his hands and churn around his fingertips. “Bring it on though. I’m eager to see what the Terrible Tornado is capable of.”

“Be careful what you wish for.” Tatsumaki said as she point a finger at Lance, causing him to levitate into the and to be slammed him into the ground with enough force to create a man size crater around him. However, in response, Lance smirked as he disappeared from the crater to reappear behind Tatsumaki and blasting her close range with lightning. However, this did not do much damage to his opponent. “Nice try, but you’re dealing with number 2 of the S class heroes.” She said as she simply pushed Lance against the floor of the battle ground, and begin to push gravitational pressure upon him.

Despite the pressure though, Lance still held his ground. He had handled worse before and wasn’t going to let Tatsumaki beat him so easily just because of the amount of gravity that was pushing around him. The Adept had already figured out that this was a battle of minds… and all he needed to do was disable hers… or not hold back anymore. “Let’s see how much pressure you can withstand.” She said as she add 10k force of gravity upon the Adept.

“Well… Guess that means I don’t need to hold back myself either… After all… I was only using a quarter of my strength.” With that, electricity began to crackle through the air as the Adept added more strength to his septima. The pressure radiating from him actually allowing him to form a flashfield around him, which caused him to be able to slowly move on his own again and counter some of the weight on his body.

“Let’s add some more pressure.” Tatsumaki said as she added 20k force of gravity onto Lance, causing the floor to crack from the pressure. From afar, Amethyst thought that Lance himself was not going to survive… but soon, she heard something in her head that told her otherwise.

Amethyst, back up as far as you can. If you get hit by my next attack on accident, it can disable your systems.

She wasn’t sure how she was able to hear this, even if the Adept wasn’t able to speak, but soon, the lightning around the arena… and around Tatsumaki took form, latching onto the pony unexpectedly as chains of lightning began to surge violently.

VOLTAIC CHAINS!!” The Adept roared as the electricity struck Tatsumaki with the force of a raging thunderstorm, pushing her to the edge of the arena… but not exactly off. It was an attack that the psychic herself never expected to see from the Adept… and she was quite impressed with it herself.

“Impressive, but useless!” She yelled as psychic barrier appeared around herself shielding her from the raging thunderstorm. “You think you're the only one with lightning based powers? Don’t count on it-” However, before she could finish her statement, she felt a blast of energy hit her in the face as it showed Lance drawing out one of his bolt guns.

“They call me Gunvolt for a reason… Plus, I highly doubt your objective is to test me… I told you I handled worse than that… Hell, I’m still alive after one of Derpy’s punches.” The Azure Striker grinned at her as she looked back at him. “Plus… would you really want to try and kill me if one of your higher ups is watching this?”

“.....Fine, but don’t blame me if you regret it.” Lifting a hoof she aimed it at his right shoulder. “Crush.” Lowering her hoof a loud bone crushing sound could be heard that filled the room. Despite that though, the Adept didn’t holler in pain or even scream. He just flinched before putting his hand to his shoulder.

Galvanic Patch.” He muttered as a turquoise like energy began to glow and heal his wounds and broken shoulder. “There… still sore, but no more broken limbs…” He said as he looked back at her, asking a new question on his mind. “By the way… remember when I mentioned higher ups? Does that Stallion in the suit count?”

“Depends, because there’s a lot of ponies in suits so you have to be specific.”

“One with armed guards and just came from a Heroes association chariot?” The details provided by the Adept were also added on by one other thing that happened shortly afterwards. “Oh and by the way… that stallion is looking in your direction… and he looks really… really pissed off.”

“Does he have a slick back mane?” The Adept nodded his head in an affirmative motion as he holstered his weapons away and stopped using his powers as well, giving him a chance to recharge in the process. “Great, it’s Filthy Rich…”

Hearing the name now made Lance recognize that the stallion was the one who first created the Heroes Association and also helped form the organization to where it was today. Looking towards the two of them, his eyes narrowed towards the Esper as he cleared his throat. “Tatsumaki, what is the meaning of all this?”

“What? Just testing to see if The Azure Striker is all the news claim he is.”

“And you test that by trying to break him apart?” He asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked back at Lance, who was trying to reduce the leftover pain in his shoulder before looking back at the earth pony. “Tatsumaki, this hasn’t been the first time that you ignored regulations in order to do what you believe is right.”

“First of all, I don’t do that believe is right crap unless it’s required. Plus it’s not like I was gonna kill him or anything… I was just gonna break a few bones in his body.” Filthy Rich groaned and one of his guards facepalmed from the Esper’s ideals as the stallion went to look at Amethyst and the others as soon as Lance had already exited the arena.

“We will discuss this later… I would though, like to have a word with Mr. Walker and Ms. Amethyst… in private please.” He asked as he trotted indoors through a hallway chute that was from the field level section of the stadium. Lance himself looked back at Amethyst, who also seemed a bit confused by what the stallion wanted to talk about.

“Look if this about the muffin stand I would like to say… it was Lance’s fault.” Amethyst said as she pointed a hoof at the Adept.

“Something tells me that it’s not exactly that…” Lance said, looking towards Dinky as she was with Derpy and Tatsumaki. “Hey Dinky, can you keep an eye on things out here? Hopefully this won’t take long.”

“Okay.” Dinky said as she trotted off to where Derpy was. With that, both the Adept and the Cyborg walked inside, following the path that lead them to Filthy Rich and even relying on overhearing a few ponies saying where he went to in order to locate him. Soon, they were greeted by a couple of guards, who were actually expecting them as they let the two of them into the stallion’s office.

The office itself was a lot like the office for the CEO of a well known organization. However, there were several pictures on the walls to add to it and a family photo on his desk as the stallion turned around to face them. “Welcome… I’m sure you are wondering why I called you here…”

“Yeah, why are we here anyway?” Amethyst asked, getting straight to the point.

“Besides the fact that I wanted to apologize for Tatsumaki’s… headstrong decision. I want to congratulate the both of you on the results of your exams for the Heroes Association.” He said, holding up a clipboard while looking at the papers on it. “Both of you have the exact same scores on both your written and… physical examinations. You got fifty out of fifty on your physical exams while you both only missed one question on your written exam.”

“What question did we miss?” Lance wondered, just out of curiosity.

“I believe Amethyst’s question was on the first hero to be recognized in Maretropolis while your question was to name one S class hero off the top of your head. I would only guess that you meant Atomic Samurai, but the ones who graded your exam mistook your… handwriting.” Filthy Rich replied back to him, showing the answer that appeared to be somehow smudged a little because of the loose ink of the pen he was given for the test. “They thought your answer was… Afro Samurai?” All Lance did was sigh a little as he glared back at Amethyst, who was snickering to herself in the process. “Nevertheless, both of you with these scores were easily able to make it to A class ranking.”

“Oh hell yeah, suck it losers that thought I couldn’t make it!”

“Amethyst… You have a lot of expectations on your shoulders now… Because you have actually made it to the top of the class. You are A Class, rank one while Lance here is rank two. Both of you demonstrated a lot of talent out there today and I am excited to see you two help the Heroes Association while out in the field,” He mentioned, clearing his throat a little as he looked back at the two of them. “However… the same can not be said for your accomplice… the one known as Derpy Hooves?”

“What did she get on the test?”

“As far as I can tell… Barely anything. Take a look for yourself,” Filthy Rich told them as she showed the Exam paper that the pegasus was using… and the big smiley face and doodles that were littered all across the page. Including little figures of Amethyst and Dinky near the back of the test. “She only answered questions related to muffins on the test and everything else she drew all over. However, her physical exam scores make up for that, giving her an overall score of 71 out of 100. For right now, she’ll be in C class for the time being… But it also requires some extra work on her behalf if she wants to rank up and not get dropped from the roster.”

“Extra work? What does that mean?” Amethyst questioned.

“Since we get so many possible candidates for heroes in the C class category, anypony who inactive gets dropped after the first week. To stay with the association, all C class heroes are required to commit one heroic deed per week to rank up on the leaderboards. The bigger the deed, the higher the rank will go up.” Filthy Rich explained to both of them. “These heroic deeds don’t necessarily have to be just dealing with monsters. C class hero deeds include also stopping minor crimes such as purse snatchers and bank robberies. I can assure you that once she makes it to B class, she won’t need to worry about this requirement since we only apply it to C class heroes.”

“.....This...is going to be a pain in my flank.”

“We’ll find a way to work things out,” Lance said to her as he looked back at the stallion. “Thank you for your time, Mr. Rich.”

“No, Mr. Walker… Thank you for everything you are doing in and outside of Maretropolis,” He said, looking back at him. “I first thought of this association one day when I was one of the civilians saved by a hero named Stopwatch… That may have been sometime ago, but because of that, I believed that everyone has a chance to help someone else… and even though he is gone… I see some of Stopwatch in you, Mr. Walker. It’s an honor to meet you.”

That was honestly something that Lance never expected to hear… like at all. Never at all during his time here did he expect Time’s name to come up during all of this. He had nothing to say… in fact, all he did in response was just briefly nod his head, say thank you and walk out the door with Amethyst. But there was one thing though that he had to disagree with… and that was when the stallion said that he saw a bit of Stopwatch in him.

If only he knew what the man was like now… and how much he had changed.

His train of thought soon ended though when Amethyst began to speak up, poking his arm with an outstretched hoof.

“So now what do we do?” She asked. He was going to respond, but something on his communicator was buzzing as he turned back towards her.

“Well, I think this is where you need to get back to Derpy and I need to get back to work… Sorry about that, but duty calls. Feel free to call me if you or the association need my help, alright?” He told her, making sure the cyborg got the message before he looked to see what was trying to contact him.

“Yeah I better go make sure she doesn’t break anything by accident.” Amethyst replied before heading back outside. When she left though, Lance turned to the communicator he had and seeing the caller ID personally made him worried… for more than one reason.

It was labeled “Taco Squad”, which only meant that the sirens were trying to contact him. “Great… Please don’t tell me that Sonata is trying to prank call me…” The Adept groaned, teleporting himself to the roof of the stadium before answering the call. “Hello?”

“Finally, I been trying to call you for the past hour. We need you back here in power pony HQ!” Right away, Lance can tell that this was not Sonata, but her sister Adagio Dazzle. One of the three sirens that were part of Chrysalis’ team.

“Hang on… Adagio, what’s going on?” He asked, noticing the change in Adagio’s voice from the last time he encountered her. “Is something wrong with Chrysalis?”

“Well we decided to take Chrysalis around the city to get her mind off of work. It was going well until we passed by your HQ… things went downhill after that…”

Now that was not a good sign. Definitely not a good sign. “Hang on, I’m on my way. I was finishing up something in Sun Fransokyo, but I’ll be there right now.” With that, he hung up the call and focused his powers so he could transmit himself back into Power Pony HQ in a heartbeat. Once he got there though, he only found Twilight there, along with the sirens trying to restrain Chrysalis as he walked into the room. “Okay, what the hell-?”

“Chrysalis calm down! Blasting Twilight like swiss cheese won’t solve anything!” Aria yelled as she held on to Chrysalis along with Sonata.

“Yeah, plus she would taste awful.” Sonata added only for Aria to glare at her.

“That’s not what I meant idiot! And keep holding her down!”

At this point, no one had even noticed that Lance had even entered the room as he facepalmed himself. Sighing a little, he did the only thing that he thought would attract their attention as he unholstered one of his weapons and fired a shot into the ceiling with the Dullahan clip. The impact causing everyone to look in his direction as he put his weapon away. “Alright, is everyone done with trying to go at each other’s throats?”

That question was only answered briefly by Chrysalis, who used the chance to smash her hoof directly into Twilight’s face as she sighed deeply. “Okay, now I’m done…”

“Okay… Now before any of you say anything… Just… what the hell happened?” Lance asked as Twilight tried to get up on her hooves and walk off the punch to her face.

“I just felt like going for a stroll, that all.” Chrysalis said with an innocent look on her face.

“Chrysalis…” Lance sighed, looking back at her. “If that was really the case, then why did I not only get an emergency call from Adagio, but also saw the sirens trying to restrain you from lashing out at Twilight?”

“What? It’s not like I’ve been holding a lot of repressed anger towards her and her team for past few years for what they did to me, and had me locked away in the zero zone, where they experimented on me to point where I want to kill them one by one.” Chrysalis said as a creepy smile appeared on her face along with her left eye twitching.

“Chrysalis just… stop. Twilight and the others did not do anything to you. Plus, for that matter, she told me that someone else was in charge of the Zero Zone…” He waited for a minute, before looking at one of the sirens. “How long has this been going on for?”

“Oh I’ve been quite well.”

“Though your repressed anger towards Twilight is what triggers you to anger.” Adagio mumbled, which caused Chrysalis to glance at her. “What? After looking over your medical records, you are one time bomb away from going Tartarus on Twilight’s flank. Well that and a few other physical and mental problems.”

“You’re not helping my case Adagio.”

“I’m just saying.” She replied. However, what surprised Lance more right now was not just the look on Chrysalis… but the look on Twilight’s face… And the first few words that she said to her.

“Chrysalis… I’m sorry…” She said, now sounding a bit different from before. “I’m sorry for what happened to you… what they did to you… and how they treated you. I tried everything I could… but it was beyond my control. Ever since Stopwatch disappeared, it has been harder and harder to try and be in charge of a team and take on a position that originally, you never thought you were ready for… I had faith in you… and I’m sorry for what happened. But I know now that words mean nothing to you… and if I had a choice, I would go through pain that would be MUCH worse than what you had gone through in order to understand how you feel… This position that I’m in… I had no choice in the matter. I did not decide to become leader… It was forced upon me when Stopwatch died… And what you’ve been through… It hurts much worse to me because there was nothing I could do to stop it… I’m sorry… but I don’t think you would give an honest hoof about what my words mean at all… do you?”

Adagio looked at Chrysalis in fear and shock as she and the sirens backed away from the now angered changeling. From what they could tell, pieces of the floor that she was standing on started to slowly disappeared as a white aura wildly spewed out from around her body. “Like before, your words mean nothing to me after waiting for you to get me out of that hellhole. Do you know what it was like for me to be in that place. Of course you don’t, you been inside it to actually know what it was like. You had every opportunity to get me out….no you had it but you chose not to seeing how your on the side of justice. I've forgiven you for what happen to me all those years ago, but if you think I’m going see you as anything more than the one who placed me in Zero Zone…if it wasn’t for that fact that I’m friends with Lance, I would personally erase you and the rest of the power ponies from the face of the earth.”

It was then though that something with Twilight began to change. Her face from before, and her body, had now looked her and beaten. Things that Lance had not seen before. “Do you honestly think you are the only one with scars?” She said, now as the light of the room showed that the area along her chest and dangerously close to Twilight heart was a large gaping scar. “On the night that you were locked up and when I failed to get you out, I felt like I failed you and the others. With Stopwatch gone, I personally went through a depression and even had tried to hurt myself. I felt like what happened then was one of my biggest regrets. I was forced to put you in there because I had no other choice… I never asked for any of this Chrysalis… I never wanted you to be in there and I never wanted myself to be this was because of it… You were like a sister to me… and on that night, I believed that not only did I fail you… but I had nothing else to live for.”

“......” Chrysalis said nothing as she took a deep breath, making the white aura around her disappeared. “During my time in Zero Zone, an old colt told me this. We all have that power to chose what to do. We can either do as we are told and follow who ever order we are given, or we can chose to not follow them and go beyond the laws of Equestria.” The Changeling Queen said as she turned around and began to walk out the room. “Instead of complaining about it like I’ve done long ago, do something about it.”

Lance himself was at a crossroads right now. Twilight herself was trying to regain her composure, but Chrysalis was trying to leave while they were working things out. The two of them had gotten this far in the conversation, but needed to finish it. So, he followed Chrysalis out, trying to get the chance to talk to her. But instead, it was she who spoke to him.

“I said all that I had to say Lance. Don’t think that your words will change my opinion on Twilight.”

“I’m not saying anything…” Lance said to her. “Look, Twilight is trying to ask for forgiveness from you and even if what you said was helpful, she would still think that you would never forgive you. She’s not the same pony that you remembered back then… this was her trying to open up to you… Can’t you at least give her a chance? I gave you a chance to open up and talk to me, so how hard is it to do the same for her?”

“If she wants my forgiveness then she… no, her team will have to prove it to me.” Chrysalis said as she open up a portal to her base. “Her team against my team. I wanna see how strong she has become over the past couple of years.”

“Isn’t there any other way that we can solve it without fighting… She had already tried to prove it to you by admitting what she did wrong. None of the others in the team were involved in this. It’s just between you and her.” He explained, sighing a little before thinking of something else. “Do you need me to help you with anything else… I want to help you however I can… in any way possible.”

“Words mean nothing if you don’t have the strength to back up your claim. She is the leader of the power ponies and they are the strongest team in this city so this shouldn’t be a problem, right?”

“Don’t you already have a fight to prepare for?” Lance then asked, remembering the last encounter in their base. “Remember? With the one’s that tried to kill you before?”

“These are the term to my forgiveness. Either she takes them or leave them. And I’m not changing my mind otherwise Lance.” He thought it over, before looking back at her. However, he was surprised to hear Twilight come up from behind him and speak.

“If you want to settle it like that, then I’ll agree to your terms… on the contrary that you and I will have to settle this. My friends were not involved in the matter, I was. So therefore, it should be between you and me, Chrysalis.” She responded, now with her confidence returning to her. “Are we clear?”

“This will be a team on team battle to see if you and your friends are strong enough to see if I can see you all as an ally. So far Lance has proven himself that he can be counted on, but for the rest of you it’s still up to debate. So you have a choice now. Fight me and my six members or not.”

Twilight growled, but complied with Chrysalis’ offer without even thinking twice. Lance sighed, glad that he had helped resolve the conflict between them, but surprised when Chrysalis looked towards him after the Alicorn walked away.

“Be sure to tell the others about this along with me and Twilight’s history.”

“I’m sure they’ll already know. I recorded the audio file and everything into a folder for them to look at on their own time.” Lance replied, looking back at Chrysalis. “Would you like anymore help now that that’s out of the way?”

“.....You’re going to look after the sirens while I’m on my break.” Chrysalis said as she pointed a hoof at Sonata who was trying to open the powerbox in the hallway. Lance chuckled, slyly letting off a bit of static electricity that made the powerbox almost shock Sonata.

“I think Adagio and Aria can control Sonata… besides, after bringing up a subject that brings back bad memories, I thought I try to help you the best I can.”

“Buddy, as drop dead gorgeous as I am, even a mare like me need her time alone.” She said, causing Lance to smile a little.

“Alright. But just give me a call if you need my help alright?” He told her, putting a hand on her shoulder. “Some things we can’t always do alone.”

“Alright dad, I’ll be sure to call you when I’m in a sticky situation.” Chrysalis snickered as she soon disappeared… leaving Twilight going into her office and Adagio and Aria trying to get on Sonata’s case for messing with the powerbox… twice.

“I better get back to Sun Fransokyo before AJ begins to wonder where I am.” Lance thought to himself, making sure that the Sirens were okay before leaving the room and going back to where he was before.


Shortly after returning back to Mane Hero 6, Lance happened to find that almost everyone, even Aurora herself, was somehow asleep. He understood that it was incredibly late, but there had been some things on his mind that were bothering him. Earlier, he received a message from another displaced that he had came across in his travels. A message that contained some… disturbing evidence. Evidence that circled around one person in particular.

Time Spinner.

The whole thing he had heard drove the adept to the point where he himself wasn’t able to get much sleep because of the millions of possibilities regarding him and what he heard bouncing off the walls of his mind. But he couldn’t figure out what it was by thinking on those possibilities… He needed facts.

And the only way to get those facts was to talk to the individual himself. Using his token, Lance put his coat on and walked through the portal he conjured into what he remembered as Time’s shack. Hopefully, he could find the displacer somewhere within this mess…

The place was falling apart. Even worse than the last time he’d gone there. Silver Spanner was sitting at a table, looking tired as hell.

“He’s not here… Not yet.” Spanner said dully.

“Silver, are you okay?” He asked, noticing how tired she was. “My god, you look like you went through several all nighters working on something.”

“Yeah… Something like that. With Time almost gone, I’ve been working on my last project.” Silver said. “I feel so old saying that… Heh...”

“Silver, you need to rest. I’m sorry, but I can’t have you be pushing yourself too hard like this… Wait… what is your last project?” He then asked, confused by what she meant by that and the fact that he couldn’t exactly see any sort of contraption that looked to be halfway built like the last time he was here.

“Yep… After this, I can go home. And I won’t build another thing.” Silver said, then rubbed her eyes. “I used to love making stuff… But I’ve grown sick of it.”

“Why?” He then asked. “Did something… happen?”

“How old do I look?” Silver asked.

“To be honest… you don’t look a day over thirty. You’re just extremely tired and need some rest.” He told her, trying his best to be truthful while also not insulting her in the process. “Wait… don’t tell me… are you…”

“Am I what?” Silver asked, annoyed.

“S-sorry. I just thought something crazy… Must be the whole thing with Time on my mind and all that.” Lance apologized. “Anyways, as you were saying?”

“I’m older than I look. A lot older than I look because Time’s been keeping me young. So, I’ve been making things for him. When Time’s dead, he said that I could go home. And I want to forget about this. I want to live like I was never banished, so I’m gonna erase my memories to a certain point.”

“You mean before you and Time were banished?” Lance asked.

“Yeah, and maybe I won’t act so old. If I forget all of this, maybe fixing stuff can have an appeal. Maybe I’ll even be happy again.” Silver sighed. Lance himself felt really sorry for the mare. He never realized how much she had missed the old days before she was taken from her home. Sighing, he had one answer for it.

“Well, if that’s what you want to do… Then I support you in that decision.”

“I don’t need your support. I’m a grouch all the time and I hate it! So much information’s in my head that I get a migraine just thinking!” Silver screamed. “What do you want, I get that Time’s in heat and on her last legs… Well, leg, her other one gave out already…”

“Okay, easy there…” Lance said, waiting for Silver to do so. Once she was calm, the Adept soon replied. “I need to talk to Time because I got something earlier today that involved him… and the fact that anytime he displaces someone… he murders them in cold blood.”

“That’s just how he displaces people. Their bodies get in his way, so he has to remove them. He’s gotten weaker, and bloodthirsty, but that’s in his nature. Like how you eat meat, he thrives on death. He’s never been human. When you’re in a universe where everything is flipped, such as the alignment of your friends for years, wouldn’t you go mad if your fiancee tried eating you?” Silver stated, standing up.

“I understand… but this is personal…” He told her. “He killed someone that was important to me… and that’s something I need to discuss with him personally.”

“Should I summon him?” Silver asked. He just nodded softly, asking if she could summon him into another room so they could talk amongst themselves so she could be left to working on her own project.

Silver pulled a stopwatch out of a bag next to her. She changed the time to 12:00, and pressed the button on the top. She tossed it into a room Lance hadn’t seen before.

“Don’t freak out… They’re not exactly… Alive anymore.” Silver said coldly, almost like she’d seen a ghost.

“Wait… Who’s they?”

“They as in he, she, gender neutral. Calling Time a male or female is false, as he, she, it is genderless. It confuses me too.” Silver explained.

“Wow… That’s the first time I’ve heard about that.”

“It’s something Time’s sensitive about.” Silver said. An explosion went off in the room where the Token was thrown. Only making Lance raise an eyebrow a little.

“Should I be worried about that?”

‘Should I be worried’, he says!! About what, ass****!?” Time screamed as she walked out. Most of her was covered in green flames. “You know what? F#ck you Lance, and your little b#tch-aloid over there!” She roared, giving Silver the middle finger in her rage. “Ah’m hungry! Where’s the damn baloney?!”

“In the fridge.” Silver said, bored.

Time saluted her. “Your assistance with the needy is commendable, c*ck sucker!”

“Forgive me for not preparing you. He’s pretty much gone and he’s been swearing like that all day.” Silver stated as Time stumbled towards the kitchen.

“It’s not your fault Silver… I’ve been in that same position before… Why do you think my Uncle and Aunt never got along so well?” Lance said, trying to assure Silver not to worry and stress herself out while he was waiting a little for Time to calm down. He used his energy based powers to have the flames slowly dissipate and go away, trying to do something to help even if Time probably did not want it.

“What do you want Lance?” Time asked as she walked in, a slice of baloney in her mouth. He sighed, looking firm at her in the face as he approached her with a single question on his mind.

“You displace people by killing them…” He said, causing Time to reply with a obvious groan as the Adept cleared his throat. “Then tell me why did you kill my Aunt Silvia? Or who you know as Aya…”

“Aya… Aya… Oh, right. I needed to get rid of her body. At the time I displaced her… Let’s just say, I wasn’t myself.” Time said as she teleported an alcoholic drink into her hand and took a sip. “I looked into her future, and eventually saw her suicide. I implanted a dream into Sun’s head and… Well, let’s just say Izra did some crap to me.”

“Izra?” He asked, confused a little by what Time had said to him. “What does Izra have to do with it?”

“After I did some stuff with you, Izra’s lacky Roach displaced some oddities to attack you. I thought, ‘since Lance is being so nice, and since he’s busy, might as well send Aya after them’. Needless to say, I didn’t expect it to get this hairy.” Time said. “What with her… Kidnapping.”

“Kidnapping? What the hell are you talking about?” Lance asked, lost in translation.

“You must be hazy on the details. In short, Aya was investigating a lead that I told her was a bad idea. She didn’t listen, and… Well… To keep this conversation teen friendly some bad people did some nasty things to her. She’s fine, but scarred.” Time stated. This made Lance think of many things, but ultimately, he was worried for her.

“Trust me, her future has many strifes, but in the end, it all pays off.” Time added, smiling smugly. “Trust me Lance, you can’t baby her forever. And before you get angry at me, let me just say that I didn’t do anything to her but alter her location. She needs this just like I needed molding.” Time took a brown sphere in her hand and examined it. “Trust me. It’s like peeling an orange with your hands. You need to pull off that useless skin to get to the best part.”

“I don’t get the metaphor you are trying to imply, but I’m just gonna act like I understand what you are talking about.” Lance sighed, looking back at Time. “But just because I don’t spend that much time with her doesn’t mean that I don’t care for her. I only have a few members of my known family left and with Max and I getting married, I want to do what I can to help Aya. Hell, last I checked, she wasn’t sure if Sun was actually alive.” The Adept sighed for a minute shortly before looking back at Time.

“My point is this… Aya was already fragile before being Displaced… I just don’t want it to get any worse.”

“Lance, when I first arrived in your universe, I found myself alone, with no one I knew here. I was weak, scared, and as you put it, fragile. I toughened up. If Your aunt wants to stay safe from being shattered, then she can quit. She doesn’t have to be a hero. I think that speaks volumes about her character. She’s not as fragile as you think.” Time explained. “Being fragile doesn’t mean you’re helpless. It just means you have room to improve. You and I have different kinds of love, yours is nurturing and sympathetic, a bit over protective and jumpy, where as I’m a tough love kinda guy, who pushes those I know to their limit. It’s not my fault.”

Now Lance was beginning to understand. In fact, strangely enough… he was beginning to see why many people compared him to Time. Despite the way that she said things and also the way she does things… there were some points that both of them could agree on… “I understand what you mean completely… I myself still have room for improvement. Maybe I’m just overthinking this unintentionally-.”

“Unintentional… It is intentional. You want to see things for better or worse.” Time chuckled. “Let me change my form.” Time’s gender changed into it’s original state. “Better… You know, as I see things now… You and I are even more similar than I first thought… There’s something I never told you.” Time gained a sorrowful expression.

“Heh… Never thought I see the day where you actually tell me that.” The Adept replied, before noticing Time’s expression change as he looked at him. “Is something wrong?”

“No… I’m fine.” Time said. “It’s just that I hope you don’t end up at a similar end as I. Being a plaything of The Alice is a curse.”

Now was when Lance was a little confused on who Time was talking about, but decided to not stress him out by having him explain everything to him. “I’ll try my best not to.”

“Is that all?” Time Spinner asked.

“For the most part… unless if there is anything else you would like to ask me before I leave.” The Adept replied. “The whole team back home is scrambling to lock all the villains that broke out when Nova sabotaged a Zero Zone prison transfer… Other than Roach, who stayed behind, we’ve been trying to find everypony that escaped and lock them back up-.”

“Roach shouldn’t be a problem anymore…” Time said, almost grinning darkly.

“Yeah… if you consider the fact that he was willing enough to provide information on the other convicts in exchange for me visiting him.” Lance sighed. “Hey, sorry if it sounds like I’m asking too much, but do you know about Blaster by chance?”

“Yeah, she was a clone of Rainbow Dash that was meant for evil, but ended up forming a team of reformed supervillains called the Fallen Angels before they ended up framed. Why?”

“Well, after getting blindsided by Anti-Zapp, she lost all memory of who she was. It got to the point that when she woke up, she thought I was a doctor, said her designation was RD-17 and needed to go to Locust Labs. She’s recovering now, but I want to try and help her somehow… Any advice?” The Adept asked after explaining to Time about the situation.

“The best advice I hate is to replace some of her components. Being fried like that could’ve short circuited her systems. Other than that, try to keep her away from other clones unless they’re friendly. I have a feeling that when she had her memories, she wasn’t the same mare I knew.” Time said.

“Alright, thanks… Now, I better get back to AJ and help her track down that Countess before she causes any more trouble.” What he said might’ve been simple, but before he could prepare his token and get ready to go home, something else was mentioned to him.

“That whacko? I thought she was killed in the Zero Zone years ago.” Time mused.

“Wait… what the hell are you talking about?” He asked, raising an eyebrow. “We already encountered her a couple of times in person. Why would you think she is dead?”

“Oh right… Everyone who knew about it is dead or here. You see, before the Zero Zone didn’t let the prisoners out of their cells, Coloratura was murdered in the courtyard by another villain who snuck in and basically exploded, freeing some of the villains. Coloratura was caught in it and was trampled by the fleeing prisoners.” Time sighed. “Only Whisper, Silver, Soundhound, Jubilee and I were there, as the rest of the team were busy fighting the Underdog.” Lance, upon hearing this, only did the first thing he could think of and sketch out the Countess that he saw, giving Time the drawing and explaining everything to her. Including the spiderpony and how some of them worship someone named “Corrode” while also mentioning the events that had been happening recently.

“Does this look similar to anypony you might remember? Did Coloratura have a roommate or something during her time in the Zero Zone by chance?”

“Yes… A mare named Cloudkicker.” Time stated. “She was an oddball.”

The new name had Lance raise an eyebrow as he looked back at Time. “Define odd. I’ve met a few already… anything about this one in particular that might be different from the rest? Like powers or whatnot?”

“I never knew. But she was suspected of being in a cult.” Time said. “Unfortunately Corrode isn’t a name I’m familiar with.”

“Well, some research on the name led to some… creepy results. Listen to what Aurora told me when she researched the name.” Lance then took out a small recording device that was synced to his arm and soon played the transmission.

“Well… I got some things. Corrode was apparently a Draconequus who found a flaw with how our world works… Quote: “If evil always returns from the seeds of life, then why keep it around?”, he’s renowned for killing a large populace in the Ice Age.”

“Like I said before… creepy results…”

“Wow… Like Discord? I met a Draconequus once, other than Discord.” Time said. “Never heard of him though. Much as it pains me, I can’t see into your future.”

“Right… One last thing though… after what happened with Coloratura… did you find Cloudkicker anywhere afterwards?” Lance asked, thinking of a possibility inside his head. The Adept needed to ask Roach about both the Countess and Cloudkicker, but hopefully with this, he had some idea of what exactly he was dealing with.

“I faced her a couple times, and only once when she was released. She doesn’t have much in the way of powers, but she did poses deadly skills. Ask Reaper for more info.” That… was something that Lance could go off of and work with as he made a mental list in his head of the people that he needed to speak too.

“Alright. Thanks for the help… I’ll keep you up to date on the case if anything changes.” He assured him before disappearing in a flash of lightning with his token in his hands.


Upon arriving back in Sun Fransokyo, Lance knew he had a lot on his plate to work with. But with help from Time, he had some leads to go off of and somewhere to start. There were two particular individuals to ask about this case. Roach in Zero Zone and Reaper back at base. He was thinking about starting with Reaper since that would also allow for him to check on Blaster. Before he left though, he just sighed to himself, thinking about the rest of the team and everything done to lock up all the loose villains, despite the amount of times that they had locked them up previously.

“No rest for the wicked it seems.” The Adept sighed. He couldn’t rest now… he had a job to do and people to protect.


End Strike 40

PreviousChapters Next