• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,807 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,807

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 29- Imagine That

When Lightning Strikes- Imagine That


“We… can not… allow…… you to… follow.”

Lance and Cody were both equally surprised to be looking at the person in front of them. He was dressed in Quincy uniforms, just like the three others that Cody had encountered earlier. Only this time, his face was hidden. Out of the two of them though, Lance was the first one to speak.

“Says who?” He asked. “We were tasked with trying to keep this city safe and your people just attacked my comrade. They’re vigilantes.”

“To be fair, your friend pointed a gun at Bazz’s head, what do you think was gonna happen.” Both of them looked up, only to see an anthropomorphic pony with a blond mane and red eyes wearing the same kind of garb that the first person was wearing. As he lowered himself onto the rooftop, the new stranger had only one thing to say in that moment.

“Hi.”

Thinking that this new individual was only here to talk, Lance casually greeted the new arrival. “Hello to you too.”

However, things weren’t quite exactly the same when it came to his friend as he was walking to the nearby elevator doors. “Your friend was complaining about why they can’t kill somebody, so instincts told me that they were criminals.” Cody replied, shrugging as he tried his best to be apologetic. “I’ll leave the Displaced to you Lance. The Detective needs me at his division early tomorrow so I’m going to leave the Left Hand and Imagination to you and Lumen.”

“Wait Wha-?” Lance didn’t quite catch the last part, but he didn’t have time for his question to be answered when the anthro pony spoke again.

“That might be hard to do seeing how you can really leave until Pernida say so.” As he landed, Lance was able to realize who exactly this Displaced was suppose to be. Gremmy V Thoumeaux, the Visionary. Member of the Vandenreich Sternritter. If this was the case, then the other people that were here were somehow related to the group of Quincys. Lance also noticed the doors to the elevator closing shut, meaning that Cody had left him to deal with these two. Aurora herself was currently asleep and Lumen was snuggling in his hair… again. “So you two are suppose to be heroes? I have to say I’m not very impressed.”

Lance sighed upon hearing that, putting his weapon away and looking back at Gremmy. “Copen is busy with working for the police department and I’m getting married with two wives that are Displaced.” He was careful enough not to expose his friends identity, yet keep it related to the topic at hand. Gremmy himself was surprised, but only for a short second… and it had nothing to do with the hero part that the Azure Striker had mentioned before. More likely, it dealt with the second piece of his statement.

“ …… I get the feeling that you have sex outside of marriage, I take it?”

“The relationship I have with Max and Seph are open, meaning that they’re okay with letting me do it with anyone…” He replied back, before noticing the context in which the visionary was speaking in. “But when did this topic switch to Sex all of a sudden?”

Gremmy couldn’t help but laugh at this sudden information given to him. “I’m sorry just something that came to my mind, that’s all.” While this was happening, a little bit of Lance’s hair began to ruffle as a light cyan breezie stumbled out and the Adept felt his hair getting pulled.

“O-oh my head…” Lumen spoke briefly, before seeing the two people in front of her and Lance. “W-what’s happening?”

“Oh, so you have a breezie friend as well?”

“Yeah, this is Lumen.” Lance told him as she floated up to his shoulder. “Or as my kids would say, Auntie Lumen.” It only took seconds for him to almost get scolded by the breezie before Gremmy’s companion caught his attention for a brief second.

“Sir.”

“Oh right… Pernida, please go inside their HQ and get the info that I need.” With a small nod, the second hooded figure disappeared in a blur, leaving Lance and Lumen alone with Gremmy on the roof. The Adept was surprised to hear about the task that Gremmy had instructed his colleague to perform. Walking into a highly secure facility that was bound to cause alarms to trip was the mistake that a complete idiot would make… or a tactical genius. Either way, Lance had to keep up his end of the conversation. Sighing, he spoke again once he had an ideal plan in mind.

“If you needed something, you could’ve just ask politely.”

“I could, but I prefer to get what I need personally. That and I wanna see what you’re made of seeing how you’re the talk of the city from what I heard.”

I guess news travels fast then.” Lance thought to himself. He didn’t want to engage Gremmy in a fight that he could not win. After all, Caster’s Celestia told him to NOT piss him off. So, he took the non violent approach. “I only demonstrate all my power when I need to-.” The Adept soon heard a click from the nearby elevator and turned around, only to find his small cyan filly of a daughter galloping towards him in fear.

“PAPA!! I’m scared!! There was this big… Hand monster inside my room…” Well, that explained where exactly Pernida ended up… It didn’t take long for the young pegasus to notice Gremmy nearby though as she soon started to reach out and try to touch the colt’s blond mane. “Who Dis?”

“The name’s Gremmy V Thoumeaux.” The colt replied to the Filly’s question. “I’m the leader of the Wandenreich Sternritter’s.”

“G-Gwemmy?” She asked, puzzled. Lance noticed that his daughter seemed to be taking a liking to Gremmy. Hell, with his powers of imagination, he might be a good relative for the kids, especially with Max a few months away from giving birth.

“Something tells me she likes you,” Lance chuckled. “We already have a Displaced Freddy Fazbear be one uncle. Maybe we can form a truce and I can talk to Max about having you be part of the family. As an uncle of course.”

It didn’t take long for the Quincy to reply to that. But not in the way the Adept expected. “Sorry, but no.”

“Too busy? Or something else?”

“I don’t join weaklings.” The Visionary replied with a cold tone in his voice, making Rainbow shake in Lance’s arms.

“You only think I’m weak because I haven’t showed you my power. Max, when you meet her, has the power of both Celestia and Luna. Not only that, but lightning isn’t the only thing I’m capable of.”

“Tell me boy… Ever wonder why I’m the leader of the quincy’s?”

“Imagination. And you aren’t the leader. The Emperor is. Right?” The Adept asked, remembering the logic of how everything worked in Bleach.

“If you mean my uncle, then no. And you should know that Imagination is the strongest power there is.” Gremmy told him, appearing next to Lance in the blink of an eye. The Azure Striker though didn’t lose his composure.

“Yes… But what if you don’t have the time? My wife can rewind short bits of time and also freeze it. So, how can you imagine if time is standing still?”

The question though was blown off by Gremmy. “Buddy, 1,599 years old. You think I haven’t met someone that can do that. Imagination allows me to imagine anything, that inclu-.”

“Whee!” Rainbow leaped onto Gremmy, knocking him by surprise as he leaped out of Lance’s arms and on top of his head. “I-imagination!! Imagine you… as a pillow!!”

“As much as I want to I can’t, I pretty much imagine myself as a pony to try to get with Vinyl Scratch.”

“How did that work out for you?” Lance asked him, chuckling a little at Rainbow messing with his mane.

“......I prefer not to talk about.” Gremmy said in a dark tone as he lifted Rainbow off of himself. He then placed a hand on Lance’s shoulder “And I’m sorry for what I’m about to do to your left arm; seeing how your friend isn’t here.”

When Gremmy did place his hand though, electricity surged through his body and through his nervous system. “Watch it. I rather not start any violence in front of my daughter.”

“Relax I’m not gonna hurt you, but your daughter will laugh at you soon when I leave.” Gremmy said removing his hand from Lance’s shoulder. “Anyway just a little heads up from the league, they’re starting to have second thoughts about you.”

Well crap,” Lance thought, “I was beginning to wonder when that will bite me in the ass again.” Keeping his composure though was hard. Especially when he was dealing with a blond quincy that made him think he was looking at the Reaper. But he then thought of a way to solve his current problem… And that was involving something that was left behind from Kat.

“Why is that? Because I haven’t been focusing on helping Kaoru?” He asked, acting calm to prove his point. Never give in to pressure from the person you were talking to. “I’ve been busy with trying to manage my duties as a hero and as a father. That’s a tall order, my friend.”

“Your excuses are invalid. You gave your word that you would do something about this, and so far from what I heard from Chrysalis you’re not doing your part. And because of that we’re gonna have the meeting tomorrow night seeing how you put Kaoru on the side burner.” Gremmy said as his facial expression turn dark that only Lance can see. The Adept smirked. Now was when he needed to play his trump card.

“I did yes. And right now, I’ve had Detective Whooves’ division, Masked Matterhorn and Solaria agree with me.” Lance told him, explaining how multiple ponies were convinced that Kaoru wasn’t a monster to them. “One question though, is it true that Kaoru is afraid of her own self?”

“She a ghoul that can only eat ponies, what do you think?”

“Then I have something that might help her.” The Adept soon got out what looked like a bracelet and a key to go with it. The two items that he held onto after Max got them off of him. “When I was in Kat’s domain, she used these to nullify our powers and prevent us from using them. If my guess is correct and Kaoru puts it on, she’ll feel human again. If there comes a time though that she needs to take it off, she can use this key to disengage the wristband and then become a ghoul once more.” He then put the two items in Gremmy’s hands, looking back at him. “I know that I haven’t been at my best, but I am doing what I can now to help her. Maybe this could be a good starting point.”

“I guess for the time being this should keep Eto from coming after you.” Gremmy said as he placed the bracelet and key into his pocket. “Like I said before the meeting will be tomorrow night at this time. And I’ll be here for a few weeks cleaning up the mess you and friends fail to do.” Now was where Lance though the art of persuasion could be… useful… right now. Recent reports from only a few hours ago had detected new Sumeragi activity and one of its top members now taking the form of an Adept with a Glaive.

“We’ve been working around the clock trying to clean up loose ends. It’s only getting harder now that we have a Suicide Squad trying to cause more trouble. However, what can help us is that we start by taking down Sumeragi. Some of our reports we’ve been getting have said that a few of its top members are trying to set up shop in the same area the league is located. You better hurry before something happens.”

“I wouldn’t worry about the league, I left a few copies of myself to make sure nothing happens.” Gremmy informed him. “And before you say anything, they’re not weak. The more me there is, the more powerful my imagination is. Also if you see a giant meteor fall out of the sky, that means they’re taking care of the problem.”

Lance sighed. The visionary was definitely dripping with overconfidence about this whole thing. “Right… However, The one you’re dealing with is named Third Eye. Or by his new codename, Zonda.” Lance told him, handing a printout of the individual that he was talking about. What was once a unicorn now looked more like a human. Just with black pieces of armor, a longer, lighter colored mane and now looked more like the actual character in Azure Striker Gunvolt. “Not much is known but-”

“If you haven’t notice I’m almost like a god, only difference is that I don’t abuse my powers like most people would.” He said, again making the Adept feel that he was acting rather overconfident. “I’m Gremmy the visionary, what make you think I can’t just imagine his powers to be useless.”

“Because you don’t know if you’re dealing with him or just an illusion. Plus, he’s nowhere near you.” Lance then sighed, looking back at him. Now was probably the time where he tried convincing him a bit further. Given what he said about weaklings, he considered that as a good place to start.“You said that you are looking for powerful people, right?”

“Normally I am, why you ask-.”

“Gremmy, don’t even think about.” A new voice spoke as Lance noticed a breezie like Lumen appeared in front of the Visionary. “What did I tell you about picking fights with other displaced?”

“Oh come on I wasn’t gonna kill...I was just gonna rough him up a bit.” The Adept chuckled upon hearing that as he soon noticed Rainbow returning to his side.

“Plus, I believe it was one of your people that scared my daughter, Gremmy.” Lance pointed out to him. “She did say that she saw a “hand” monster. Would that happen to be Pernida?” Now Lotus looked back at Gremmy, face-hooving herself as she scolded the Quincy.

“That would him yes…..Gremmy, please tell me you didn’t tell him to kill anypony?”

Gremmy himself shook his head, looking back at the breezie. “Relax, I only told him if anyone attacked him…… He can break or twist their arms, legs, or wings; but to not hurt any children.”

“GREMMY!!!” The breezie shouted at him, unaware of Lumen nearby. “We’re not suppose to be causing trouble!”

“What? It’s not like I told him to kill them,” Gremmy sighed deeply, looking back at his companion.“Plus this would be a good thing to help him evolve. Poor guy still trying to learn how to make full sentences.”

“He looks like the grim reaper! Of course somepony will attack him!”

“Oh really? Like who?” Just as he said that, Lance turned around to notice Gremmy’s colleague stepping out, putting an unconscious Applejack and Rainbow Dash on the floor of the roof while his daughter shivered at the site of Pernida. To her, this person was the monster that she saw only a few moments ago. The “hand” monster.

“Problem…… Attacked…… not kill.” The left hand stuttered, slowly moving the two unconscious mares over in Lance’s general direction.

“Oh… oops.”

“GREMMY!!!” Lotus yelled at him, while the Quincy gave a sheepish grin. Lance just rolled his eyes at the sight, calming his daughter a little as he looked back at the Visionary. “And just when things were going so well…”

“Not my fault you guys are quick to jump the gun without thinking.” Gremmy replied, sensing the sarcasm in the Adept’s voice. Seeing that though had the Azure striker know what he was going to say next. Especially when after he checked in with Humdrum before Caster and Gilgamesh arrived earlier today.

“Well, if by anything, we have a maximum state of the art security system. It’s probably what alerted them.” He sighed, explaining the possible reason why the two unconscious mares were warned by Pernida’s presence. “So how about this, I’ll let you have the file and I can help make sure these two get the care we need. That way, no further violence is necessary. We already backed up our systems and transcribed all of our files onto our database, so you can keep that. Consider it as a token of appreciation for doing business with you.”

“Fair enough, I’ll return here tomorrow night with the league for your little meeting that you been putting on the side burner for too long.” Gremmy said as he and Pernida vanished from Lance sight. “Let’s just hope you don’t screw this up.” In that moment, the Adept thought that he was in the clear. That he didn’t have to worry about the Visionary. As he turned to help pick up AJ and Rainbow with his daughter next to him, he said something else that soon… caught Gremmy’s attention.

“Okay. Oh and Gilgamesh and Caster said Hi.”

The Visionary soon reappeared on the roof upon hearing Lance’s words. “Oh so they’re here as well? Been awhile since our last meeting.”

“They were and the only advice they gave me was to not piss you off. Not sure why because you seem like a nice guy to me.” He explained, causing Gremmy to chuckle.

“Oh I can be nice when I want to. Mostly because I prefer not to kill or fight anyone weaker than me. And seeing how you’re weak, I prefer not to humiliate you in front of your peers.”

“You mean my daughter?” Lance asked, pointing downwards at Rainbow, who was still hugging onto his leg after meeting Pernida earlier and shaking because of how scary he was to the young filly. What the Visionary said afterwards though was the most… confusing part to him as the words that came out almost sounded like riddles to him. Either that or the quincy was trying to play mind games with him.

“Well her and anyone else who is watching.” Gremmy said, looking behind Lance. “I know your friends are watching us while we’re talking.” Now that part confused him. The Adept did not know exactly what the hell the Quincy was talking about. Up here, it was just him, Gremmy and his daughter.

“Actually, most of them are asleep and Cody had just retired for the night. The only ones who aren’t asleep are the ones your friend knocked out, myself and Rainbow here.” He tried to clarify, but it only cause Gremmy to roll his eyes.

“I mean the other Displaced, idiot.” He sighed in annoyance. That though, did nothing to help the Adept.

“... I’m sorry. Can you be more specific?” He asked. But the response he got from him was what he personally thought… was uncalled for. Especially around Rainbow.

“Caster, Gilgamesh, and Celestia you dumbass!” The Visionary shot back, the sound of something hitting the rooftop right behind Lance. The Adept ignored it though. This was obviously some kind of trick. He remembered that they were going back to their world, not stick around in his. “For a superhero you’re not that bright to some degree.”

“You know… Those three had just returned home five minutes ago…” The Azure Striker deadpanned. Thinking that what he was trying to say about Caster and Gilgamesh was a trick that Gremmy was trying to pull off with his powers, he then asked a new question. “Did you just imagine yanking them out of the void or some sh*t like that?”

“Are you trying to piss him off?”

The voice caused Lance to turn around quickly, only for him to get smacked upside the head by the same Celestia that he had only met a few hours ago. “We came back because Caster forgot her hat!”

Oh, so that’s the reason why…

Still though, he had to snap at one part. “How THE HECK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT!?! I can’t sense magic like you guys can!!”

“Dear god you’re the superhero of this world? I’m surprised that you lived this long.” Gremmy said with a smirk on his face.

The Adept at this point had personally had enough. He needed to focus on other things than rather get insulted left and right by a pride filled Quincy. “Right… Anyhow… I’m going to let you four deal with this mess. I gotta return my daughter to her bed. Bye.” With that, Lance held onto his daughter and the two mares by his feet. He soon used Instant Transmission to bring him back to Rainbow’s bedroom. The filly was relieved to be back in someplace that she saw as a safe place. She chuckled when her father put both Applejack and who she saw as Auntie Sparks next to each other where they looked like they were cuddling each other. In their superheroes garbs no less.

“Alright, let’s tuck you in,” Lance smiled, heading to the filly. But he was personally surprised to hear her ask something when he got closer.

“P-papa?”

“Hmm? Yes, Rainbow?”

“C-can I sleep with you tonight?”

The Adept at first, was unsure. But then remembered that she had just been through a very traumatic experience. So, why not? “Sure honey. Follow me.” As the two of them left her bedroom though, Lance unexpectedly got the surprise that Gremmy left for him. A frying pan knocking him upside the head. Upon seeing that, Rainbow chuckled a little, but Lance just sighed as he picked up the pan and brought it back to his room.

Inside his room though, the Pan began to shift and change forms. Now it looked like a brain inside a glass case. But this wasn’t just an ordinary brain. It was a token.

Gremmy’s Token.

"I am Gremmy, leader of the Vandenreich Sternritter. You need my help? I'll come to your aid when needed."

Well THAT sounded a bit nicer than the actual person.” Lance thought to himself. Turning around, he placed the case on the back of a nearby shelf and sat down on the bed. Rainbow was already snuggling under the sheets as he was getting under the covers. But it was then though that his daughter asked a question out of curiosity.

“Papa? Is Gwemmy… bad?”

Lance raised his head, looking at the filly. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, he was saying some bad things…”

The Adept sighed. “Do you think he is bad?” The filly shook her head, causing the Adept to smile as he messed with her mane. All that mattered was that his daughter looked at things positively. As he looked at her, she soon pressed her head against his chest and stretched out her hooves to where they were around him.

“I love you, papa!”

“Love you too, Dashie.”


Meanwhile…

“Ugh… My head…” Applejack groaned, looking back at the cyan pegasus that was underneath her as her vision was slowly readjusting. All she remembered was having to deal with a strange intruder only a few moments ago. Now they were in Twilight’s room-.

Wait, Twilight’s room!?! How the buck did they get there? That immediately caused her to wake up rather quickly as she heard the sound of trotting hooves coming through the hallway.

“Rainbow!! Get up!!!” She used her forehooves to shake the mare underneath her, but by the time she was finally waking up, a nearby light switch clicked and Twilight walked with a book in her levitation magic. The book dropped to the floor, but the magic still continued to swirl around her horn.

“WHAT THE HAY ARE YOU TWO DOING!?!”

“Err… Twilight. Let me assure you, this isn’t what it look’s like.”


End Strike 29

Author's Note:

Now... to take a necessary break. Crossover's with Lance are on a temporary hold right now since Bronyparasite and I have something planned for the next few chapters. Crossover for this chapter was with Gremmy from Masters of Imagination

Lance Own Count: 13

PreviousChapters Next