• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,796 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,796

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 2- Your new roommate/mentor

When Lightning Strikes- Your new roommate/mentor


Location: Abandoned Factory (Some time later…)

The old factory that was closed off to the public had now been swarmed with police officers and detectives at the request of Maretropolis’ guardians; The Power Ponies. Moment’s ago, a strange lightning strike had occurred at an abandoned factory had lead to these heroes and their number one sidekick Humdrum discovering the barely awake body of the Mane-iac inside the old power plant. However, nopony else was here.

After the Mane-iac was taken into custody kicking and screaming about revenge and what not, the seven of them began to help the Police Department look for whatever could possibly be the reason why this villain was like this when they arrived. The Masked Matterhorn was talking to the head detective of Maretropolis’ PD’s “Powers Division”, a special branch of the police that focused on crimes and incidents that focus on ponies and individuals with special powers. Saddle Rager, Humdrum and Filli-second was looking around and trying to help the other detectives while Radiance needed a moment to catch her breath because of how gloomy the place was.

As for Mistress Marevelous, she was looking for Zapp. The pegasus that flew off seconds after the investigation started. For the earth pony, it was kind of easy to find her fellow hero since her electricity almost illuminated her sometimes like a nightlight. When the Earth Pony found her friend, she found herself trying to look around and mess around with the contraptions.

“And just what in Tarnations are ya trying to do, Sugarcube?”

Zapp was first startled by her friends sudden appearance. “Agh! AJ!! You almost gave me a heart attack!.”

“Psst..! Zapp. Remember…? …… Secret identity?”

“Oh right! Sorry.” The Storm Pony apologized, trying to find a way for her electricity to run through the machines that were in the security room. “As for your question, I saw one of the security cameras blinking inside the room, so I thought I would go see if any of the machines here are still functional.”

Moving her hoof onto the hoof sized computer mouse, the power pony rewinded all the current security footage. But something that happened for a brief moment immediately caught her friends attention.

“Hold it right there.” Mistress Marevelous told Zapp. “Play the footage from that point.”

“What? It’s just Mane-brains hair. What else could there be-.”

Zapp’s sentence was cut off when she saw the huge strands of hair drag a bipedal figure across the floor that wore an Azure colored suit and cloak. The two ponies did not know what the creature was, but saw him struggle against the vines until a rotating sphere of Electricity freed him from the Mane-iac’s grasp as they disappeared from the hallway. Quickly, Zapp used the mouse to switch camera views to the location that they discovered the unconscious super villain.

“Wow… Someone’s had a bad hair day.”

Zapp herself chuckled at the insult the unknown figure said about the Mane-iac, but soon stopped laughing as soon as they saw him unleashed powerful bolts of lightning and take on the Mane-iac head on. It even lead to a series of chains spawning around the room and dealing the final blow before it wrecked the camera that was capturing it. Now some new questions began to form in the minds of the two ponies. Who was this individual? And was he a friend…… or a foe?

“Let’s get back to the girls and the detectives, they would all want to see this.”


Next morning (Location: Unknown)

Lance’s head was pounding insanely by the time his eyes started to open. He felt like he was having the mother of all headaches as the Adept began to return to his senses. This was when he began to notice a few things. For one, he found himself on a bed in what looked like a small apartment. Another thing he found out was that he was half naked and that his torso and arms were covered in bandages.

The teen wondered if whoever had saved him really had to strip him of his coat in order for them to give him proper medical attention. But nevertheless, he didn’t really care right now. Lance could hear some noises coming to the right of him, where the door to the room was. Seeing his clothes on the nearby nightstand, the Adept got up from his position on the bed and put on the black sleeveless shirt that was underneath his jacket. He was thankful that his weapon was with his coat and put the weapon back in the holster that was along the side of his pants. His gloves were off, boots were to the side by the nightstand and mostly everything else that was with him was in a location in which he remembered.

The boy now stepped outside the room he was in and followed the sound of voices into what he assumed was the apartment’s living room. To his surprise, the voices he was hearing was the voices of the news anchors on the TV.

“We have some breaking news at this hour about the surprising, yet strange capture of one of the head members of the group known as the League of Villainy named “The Mane-iac”. After responding to a distress call about something going on at the old Maretropolis Power Plant, Detectives of MPD’s Powers Division and The Power Ponies were shocked and surprised to find the Mane-iac unconscious inside the facility. Further investigating revealed some footage from the facility revealing a strange assailant that appears to be fighting the Mane-iac in self defense. The most surprising part of it though was this “Blue Bomber” as Head Detective Hooves calls it, had powers that would remind everypony of Zapp. The public is both surprised and shocked by this individual and many believe that this bipedal figure may be a new hero.”

Lance just face palmed himself as he continued to watch the report. “Blue Bomber” was the nickname of MegaMan, not Gunvolt. He felt embarrassed despite the fact that the Dullahan bolt clip he had worked similarly to a Mega Buster. That was, until he heard a young filly cheerfully expressed their opinion on the matter.

“I like this new hero! But I think they need a different name. Blue Bomber sounds like you're referring to MegaMane.”

“Oh? Then what do you think they should be called?”

“I think it should be called “The Azure Striker” because of the clothes and how fast it is!!”

‘Geez, how many times am I going to hear puns or play on words involving things back home?’ Lance asked himself as he continued to observe the news. He honestly did not expect one simple action to have him become the talk of the entire town. Then again, The Observer did tell him that his actions would define him as either good or evil. Maybe this was Karma telling him “I Told you so”. Damn you, inFAMOUS.

“Well, seems like you’ve been gaining quite a lot of attention.”

The new voice startled Lance as he drew his weapon. Only to find a Unicorn with a yellow fur coat and Red and yellow mane and tail. “Easy there… I’m the pony that saved your life after all.”

Upon realizing this, the Adept holstered his weapon. “I’m sorry. Instinct sometimes gets the better of me.”

“Happens to all of us. You must be Lance. Lumen told me a bit about you while I was making sure you didn’t bleed out on me.”

“Wait, what-?”

The unicorn pointed a hoof at the bandages the human had on him. “You had scars along your body as well as some severe bruises from your fight with the Mane-iac. Not to mention being completely exhausted.”

“Well, thank you… Ms?”

“Sunset… Sunset Shimmer.”

Not a moment too soon, some orange flames appeared around the Pony as they engulfed her for a few seconds. When the flames died down, Sunset now had a red costume on that covered her body and also a mask to hide her face.

“But I’m also known as Solaria.”

“Holy crap.”

“You seem surprised coming from somepony that was using lightning powers against Mane-iac.”

“Yeah, good point.” Lance replied. “So what are you? One of those “Power Ponies” that they were talking about on the TV?”

“You can say that.” Sunset replied as she returned to her normal self. “I know the Power Ponies and I’m a friend of theirs. But I’m not as experienced as they are. I’ve only been in the hero business for the past month or so. What about you though?”

The teen raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me for sounding a bit “abrupt”, but I don’t understand the question you’re trying to ask.”

“The question that I’m trying to ask is simple, Mr. Lance. What are you?”

She had a very good point. What was he? Would he even consider himself human anymore because of what has been happening recently? Lance couldn’t figure out a way to piece together the puzzle inside his mind.

“That might take some explaining. Did Lumen happen to tell you anything besides my name?”

Sunset nodded as she trotted over to a nearby chair. “Yes actually. She told me everything you told her the other night. But I wanted to hear it from you this time. Just to make sure everything seems… Accurate.”

“Well, I am a human. But due to recent events, I would personally call myself an Adept. Just out of curiosity, does your kind believe in humans?”

“Yes, but mostly, they’re known to be an ancient and extinct species that were wiped out during the old ages.”

‘Just like the Dinosaurs… Wonderful...’

“One question though,” interjected the Unicorn. “What exactly is an Adept?”

“Well, some might consider it as a subspecies to humans. But where I’m from, they don’t exist. Adept’s are humans with different kinds of psychic powers that are called Septimas. How this happened to me though was a different story and I think Lumen told you about it already.”

“Something involving a merchant and you dressing up?”

“Yeah, that.” Lance nodded his head, showing that Sunset was correct with her guess. “That’s where things might get complicated though. Apparently, I’m not the only person that’s been through something like this.”

Now Sunset was giving the Adept a confused expression. “Really? I haven’t heard of any other humans like you popping up in the middle of nowhere.”

“Yeah, but you need to think a little more outside the box. Have you ever heard of the Multiverse?”

“Isn’t that some kind of comic book thing involving alternative versions of different worlds?”

“Close, but it’s actually a real thing.” The teen carefully explained as he tried his best to recall what the Observer told him. “According to different studies, the possibility of different worlds exists as much as the possibility of different versions of this world with different changes depending on what you find there. I’m what's referred to as a Displaced.”

“Displaced? Don’t you mean Misplaced?”

“Not quite.” The Azure Striker explained. “Displaced is short for Dimensionally Misplaced. People like me who end up in Equestria as a character they like or end up there with recently discovered powers. Like my electricity for example.”

“Hehe… You sound like Masked Matterhorn when explaining all of this.”

“Who?”

“A good friend of mine and the leader of the Power Ponies.” Sunset clarified as she handed a photograph to show her houseguest. The pony had both a horn and a pair of wings, which the Unicorn explained to Lance that she was an Alicorn. A kind of pony that’s most often found within Royalty.

Speaking of Royalty, the subject of the conversation switched when Lance asked about how where he was and what were it’s inhabitants. This, of course, lead to Sunset Shimmer trying to explain everything to the Adept the best she possibly could. He didn’t really get it at first, but there were a lot of things he didn’t really understand right now so he tried his best to make the most of it.

After a few minutes, the teen excused himself so he could gather the rest of his clothes and get dressed. When he left the small room though and re-entered the bedroom that had his clothes, Sunset was caught off guard by the sounds of knocking on the door. Trotting to the door, she was personally surprised to see one of her friends outside the door.

“Oh… Well hello, Rainbow. I honestly did not expect any guests this morning.”

“Twilight’s calling an emergency meeting. Did you hear about what happened last night?”

“Last night?”

“Almost everypony in the entire building has heard about the lightning strike last night and you’re telling me that you just found out about this now?”

“Not really. I heard it on the news though, but I thought it was something from earlier in the week.” Sunset tried her best not to look like she was obviously lying. She didn’t want to hurt a friend, but give that it was Rainbow Dash and her personality, she had to try and move along with the situation.

That was… until everything fell apart at the seams.

“Hey Sunset, do you happen to know where the bathroom is-?”

The second Lance walked out with his clothes in his hand, the cyan Pegasus at the door recognized who it was and snapped. She bolted into the room and used her powers of lightning to quickly change into her costume.

“Stand back, Sunset!! I take care of this creep!!!!”

Lance dropped his clothes on the floor and was about to reach for his weapon, until the Power Pony named Zapp tackled him to the ground. The Pegasus was going to do her best to stop this beast, until Sunset herself got in the way between both of them.

“Rainbow!!! Stop this!!”

“Are you crazy?! Can’t you see this freak was trespassing in your living quarters!?!”

“Coming from the Pony that was trying to hurt me after Sunset here was trying to help me!!” Lance shot back, trying to pick up everything that he dropped after being knocked over by the Pegasus like he got shot by a cannonball.

“Wait a minute? You’re helping that thing?!”

“He has a name, Rainbow.” Sunset said. “I found Lance here, unconscious after his struggle with the Mane-iac. Turns out, he was protecting Lumen the whole time he was fighting her. After he recovered, I was going to introduce him to the team and explain his situation to her to see if she could help him.”

“Speaking of Lumen, where is she?” The Adept asked as he was looking around. Soon, he felt something moving around inside his haircut as he found the Breezie just starting to wake up.

“Wooo Weee! That was the best sleep I had in days.”

The Azure Striker just chuckled as he caught the Breezie up to speed on everything that was happening so far. Soon though, Zapp interrupted them and had Sunset, Lumen, and himself all look at her.

“How about this, Sunset. You wanted to introduce him, so bring him to the meeting today. That way, you and Lance here can introduce himself to the Masked Matterhorn.”

‘Oh great. Meetings… Something tells me walking through the hallway to where ever this is going to take place is going to be an excruciating headache.’


Meeting Room

“Thank you everypony for coming.” The Masked Matterhorn began to speak as each of the Power Ponies along with Humdrum and Solaria all met up inside the Command Center of their Headquarters. The room was spacious and huge with a big enough view of Maretropolis that could be seen for miles. “As most of you may know, the reason why we called this meeting was due to the events of what happened last night. Most importantly, what Zapp found on the Facilities security cameras.”

“OOOHHH!! Are we going to find this individual and throw him a thank you party!?!” came Filli-second’s rapid question.

“No. We need to find this individual and find out who or what he is, that’s what we got to do!!” Mistress Marevelous soon bellowed as she stood valiantly amongst the eight of them in the room.

“Actually, If I may…” The voice of Solaria tried to say, but couldn’t be heard amongst everypony arguing and trying to get their part in.

“Hello… anypony? …… HEY!!!”

Masked Matterhorn’s ears twitched a little as she heard the sound of Solaria’s voice through all the commotion in the room. “Yes, Solaria? Was there something that you wanted to say?” The Unicorn nodded in response to the Alicorn as she took a heavy sigh. Something told her that this was going to get mixed reactions.

“I have somepony that I want to introduce to you. I found him last night and I think he relates to the current conversation.”

“Oh?”

Before Masked Matterhorn was able to ask what she meant, Solaria turned around towards the door. “Lance, you can come in now.”

“Lance? Who’s that Sugarcube? Your Coltfriend-?”

The Earth pony’s words stopped dead in their tracks as soon as the doors opened up. The Adept that was waiting outside casually walked in and tried his best to show that he wasn’t a threat to those around him. Even not saying a word, but trying his best to look friendly.

“This is my friend, Lance Walker. I found him last night in the old power plant unconscious after defeating the Mane-iac. He was protecting Lumen during the time the fight took place.”

“W-what in tarnations is that!?!”

“Um, Solaria?” The Adept asked her as he set his hands to his side. “Is she talking about me or something else?”

“I would assume you.” She said. “Nopony has ever seen one of your kind before, so they might have some surprised reactions the first time they’ve-.”

SWOOSH!!!!

“-seen you.” Solaria sighed as Filli-second dashed out of the room faster than her fellow pegasi friends.

“ … I guess this is the part where I introduce myself?” Lance asked, confused on what the reaction would be based on his words.

“Actually, Mr. Walker, I have a few questions for you.” Masked Matterhorn interjected as Humdrum prepared a pad of paper to take notes. “First off, what exactly are you?”

“Well, I would say human. But due to recent events, I would call myself an Adept.”

“An Adept? What does that mean?”

‘Oh here we go again.’ The teen thought to himself. “I can explain the long version another time, but to explain the simple version, I’m a-.”

“-humanwithpsychicabilitiesandthathascontroloversuperduperpowers!!!” Came the sound of an excited Filli-second as the earth pony ran back into the room with her “Power Party” cannon and beginning to fire off rounds of confetti and cupcakes everywhere in the room.

“…Okay, how exactly did she do that?”

“You wouldn’t want to know.” Humdrum told him, remembering the stressful and excruciating tests that Masked Matterhorn performed to try and figure out the key to Filli-Seconds “Filly Sense” about a couple of months back.

“Moving on to my next question, since Adepts are humans with psychic powers, what exactly are your powers?”

“Well, for one thing, an Adept’s power is called a Septima. Second, my Septima is Lightning. Do you have a few empty crates or something that can be used for training purposes?”

“We do. Why do you asked?” Came the Alicorns question.

“I thought that it would be a convenience to show you a demonstration.” The Adept explained. Before any of the other ponies began to think about the idea, Filli-second used her Cannon to launch a few boxes the size of huge presents. Taking aim, Lance drew his gun and switched to the Naga Bolt Clip as he fired two shots. Both shows hit the boxes as the Azure Striker began to channel his power, having bolts of electricity turn the targets into splinters and broken pieces of paper.

“Hey, that’s like my powers!!” Zapp complained as she saw Lance use his abilities.

“Actually, it’s not.”

Almost everypony was surprised to hear Masked Matterhorn say that. But soon, she had an explanation for her claims. “Your powers Zapp are more focused on attacking an opponent and going on the offensive. His powers doesn’t seem to be that case.”

The Adept nodded his head. “You’re quite right about that. My main ability is Flashfield. It’s an electric barrier that I use to protect myself from most projectiles and other objects that can harm me. However, when I tag something with my Gun, currents of lightning can be transferred to where the shot landed. It’s how I was able to protect myself last night from the opponent you call The Mane-iac.”

He continued on for a little while to explain what exactly was he capable of, from his weapon and clips to the skills that he could perform. Each one of the power ponies liked Lance for their own reasons. Radiance liked him because of his choice of clothing. Filli-second saw it as a chance for another “Power Party” to host later and Mistress Marevelous personally felt sorry for him when the Adept told them about how he got taken from his home.

Now though, the Masked Matterhorn had one to ask their newfound guest. “So… Mr. Walker. Can I ask you something?”

Lance nodded his head, not sure what the Alicorn was going to say. What came next shocked more than just him, but also everypony else.

“What would your first thought be if I said that I would like you to be a part of the team?”

“A-are you serious!?” came Zapp’s response as well as Lumen's, almost at the same time. She was about to protest, until Masked Matterhorn began to explain her reasons why.

“I am.” The Alicorn told her fellow hero. “However, Lance here would need to prove himself before we could consider him as part of the team. Like with most of the other recruits that wanted to join us, we give them a week to prove themselves by accomplishing various tasks under the guidance of a mentor.”

A mentor? That caught Lance by surprise. Who could be a possible mentor for someone like him?

“I believe Solaria is the perfect pony for the job.”

The Unicorn herself was quite stunned when her name was called. She did not expect anything like this at all. She was now the mentor of somepony she had rescued only a few hours ago. This in itself she considered as a real honor.

“Now, Lance. Before I leave Solaria to explaining how everything works, I would like you to let me know of one thing.”

“Yes?”

“What should we call you when you’re out in the field?”

The teen personally grinned at the question as he smiled. He knew exactly what to say.

“Gunvolt. You may call me Gunvolt.”


End Strike 2

Author's Note:

I'm back people!! One chapter so far and I already have over fifty likes!?! You guys are freaking awesome!! :rainbowdetermined2:

Anyways, here's chapter 2 of When Lightning Strikes. I personally thought that I did this a little two quickly, but meh? Who really cares. Anyways, all my focus as of right now is on Swords, Sorcery and Shenanigans since I got some major surprises in store for that. Oh and the Powers Division for the police was inspired by the concept behind the series on PlayStation Network named "Powers". Go check it out if you want.

-Frost :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next