• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,801 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,801

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 11- A tale of Two Twilights

When Lightning Strikes- A tale of Two Twilights


Location: Street Alleyway

The night was calm, and nothing bad was going on in this part of the city. But, fate always has a way of messing with us. A vortex opened in the sky, and two figures fell out of it. As luck would have it, Lee was having one of those days, and if he saw another female Displaced, he would flip his Scythe at them.

A crash was heard, and Twilight yelped, “What happened?!”

Lee sighed, “I have absolutely no idea what went wrong! It should not have closed, and the second one should not have opened!”

Twilight stood up on all four of her hooves and then she looked around the area, not seeing anything do to the darkness. Lee jumped to his feet, and stood next to Twilight. They fused, becoming more intuned.

The first thing that the combined pair noticed upon them waking up was a flyer for the “Maretropolis City Carnival” that had commenced about a week ago. Even though the information was old news, it did provide one thing to them. A location.

“Maretropolis? I’ve never heard of this place before.” Twilight questioned.

‘Maybe we’re in a place that the cities and towns are different?’ Lee asked more than answered.

The two trotted towards the other side of the alley, hoping to find some way to figure out why they were here. Taking a moment to look a big, Twilight was curious to see if there was anything on the opposite side of the paper. There was.

“Come early for a chance to meet the heroes of Maretropolis. The Power Ponies!!”

The backside had cut out silhouettes of each of them, not showing their identities or their faces. Like they were vectored in Adobe Ponyshop.

‘Heroes!? Can we see them? Maybe the Displaced is a friend, enemy, or they all are!’ Lee mentally questioned Twilight.

“Hold your hooves Lee. This Flyer is a week old. But maybe we just need to get up on top of one of these buildings and look around. Find some information before we make any attempted to find this world’s Displaced… Do you know a way we can get on top of one of these buildings, Lee?”

‘Yeah, this.’ Lee moved Twilight’s hoof towards a nearby building. A black string shot out, and connected onto it.

“Uh, this could be a bad time to mention this, but I’m afraid of hei-” Twilight couldn’t finish her sentence as she went flying towards the building at a fast pace. Twilight screamed as they slammed into where they wanted to go.

‘Damn. Note to self: need to fix hoof-eye coordination...’

“You think?!” Was the Unicorn’s only reaction as she tried to straighten herself up. “Let’s just be hopeful that it did not track any attention.

Unfortunately, For Twilight, Maretropolis is a city that never sleeps. And in this city, one mare did see the Pony fly up to the top of the building. This mare was the wife of the head detective of the Powers Division.

Ditzy Doo.


Power Pony HQ (Present time)

It was close to Five o'clock in the morning and Lance had gotten only seven hours of sleep after his “Reunion” with Freddy. Lumen was nowhere near up and the Torchic that was given to him (in Which he named Ember) was still sleeping. Turns out, as he was walking towards the command center, one pony was also up.

“Morning Twilight.”

The Masked Matterhorn turned around to see the Adept walk in. “Hey… Had a rough night?”

“You can say that… I was thankful for the hours of sleep I did get though.”

“Aren’t we always-?”

Before the two of them could converse any further, a call came into the HQ through the special communications device that was issued to all members of the Powers Division. But the caller this time was different as her face came on screen.

“Ditzy?”

“Oh… Good morning Lance. Is Masked Matterhorn with you?”

“She’s right next to me. What’s up?”

The Pegasus sighed a little. “This might sound crazy, but I thought I saw a pony flying on top of a rooftop. It looked like a Unicorn with a black mask on and had white near where the eyes would be.”

The Description that Ditzy told Lance and Twilight reminded him of Venom from the Marvel comic books. He didn’t leave out though that this could’ve been another Displaced. Especially with his encounter yesterday with Ansem. “We’ll look into it right away, thanks for the call.”

As the call ended, Twilight looked towards Lance. “Are you sure about this? No one else is up right now.”

“Let them rest. They deserve it. Right now. we got some work to do.”

As they made their way through the hallway, the Adept and the Alicorn went on the Elevator that allowed them to get on top of the closest building. But, that wasn’t the only thing that they went up for. Lance’s newest abilities that he acquired from meeting Majin Buu allowed him to detect Energy Levels. And one strange one was just about to land right here… right…

CRRRRAAASSSHHH!!!!!

…now.

“W-what just landed?” The Masked Matterhorn asked, turning to the Adept as he was seen grasping his weapon.

“Our flying guest I believe.” Lance thought out loud as he waited for the dust to settle.

Lee groaned, and so did Sparkle-Butt, ‘You okay?’

Twi mumbled, “I think so, why would you do that?”

The two mentally apologize/grumbled in annoyance.

‘Singing is cool, you have musicals all the time!’

“Not during life or death situations!” Twi shouted.

Lance heard the last outburst and then decided to do something. Making sure that his clip was the Energy Blast Clip, Dullahan, Lance tapped the unknown figure across the head with his left hand as he held his gun with his right. “Excuse me sir, but you have got a LOT of explaining to do.”

“Not now, we’re busy…” Lee spoke, him and Twilight’s voices in sync. ‘What!?’ Twilight mentally winced at the Adept’s presence, unaware of the presence of his partner.

“Uhh, Lance. Why am I hearing my voice being mixed with this… creature's voice?”

Lee growled, “Shut it Sparkle-Butt! I am not a creature, I’m a monster, there is a difference!”

“What did you call me!?”

Lee, soon realized that he got himself in a situation similar to the one he got stuck in with Silver back on her world.

“Hmm… Sprinkles would be a better word. Sparkle-Butt is mine!”

“Do you even know who you’re talking too!?” The Masked Matterhorn shot back, unfolding her wings.

“Calm down, Twilight-.”

That’s when Lee’s Twilight realized the situation. “Oh Horsefeathers… there’s two of me again.”

“You wouldn’t hurt yourself, would you!” Lee laughed like a maniac, holding his stomach. “Later Sprinkles, nice meeting ya!” Lee turned around and shot a web.

Before Lee was able to get anywhere though, a snap of Lance’s fingers set off an ear piercing soundwave, causing the symbiote around them to break apart. By running his powers through his fingers and causing them to Vibrate, the Adept was able to pitch out a piercing sound that had both Lee and the Unicorn separate. The Masked Matterhorn though, was shocked to see who was inside the suit.

“Y-you’re…… me!?”

“Dear god, we got a paradox.”

Lee tried getting away, and Twilight helped him as they tried to run. But Lance was quick to hold them down with a few Galactic Donuts. “Alright, care to explain what is going on because I got a good feeling that you’re a Displaced.”

Twilight shied away, scared stiff. And Lee wasn’t holding up either, “Okay, short or long version?”

“Surprise me. I already got a few surprises earlier in the week, including the fact that a few ghouls are in this city and I met with a Displaced called Freddy Fazbear.”

Lee sighed, “In between, I guess… My name is Lee Connors, I dressed up as Venom to Comic-Con one day with my sister. I bought a Scythe from some Merchant, and was teleported to Equestria. I was soon turned to stone because of Fat-Sun’s hatred for… Things that aren’t pony. I was free’d by Twi, when she was in danger,” Twilight looked surprised, but she still stayed away from Lance “I took her as my host, and the Vortex keeps sending us to other Displaced worlds… Anything else Mr. Loud-Fingers?”

“Okay. First off, Sorry about the Fingers. Two, My name is Lance Walker, but my teammates call me Gunvolt and three, what exactly brought you guys to Maretropolis? Don’t get me wrong, I know you said that you got here because of a Vortex, but what do you think the reason was for it sending you here?”

Lee shrugged, “The Vortex does not talk genius. I don’t know why, but I guess someone used my Token.”

“Hmm… My best guess is probably Nova.” Lance said. Lee tilted his head.

“Nova? Nova Prime!” Lee pumped a hoof into the air, and Twilight, though still scared, Face Hoofed.

“No… not that.” Lance said as he showed an image of who he was talking about. “This guy was responsible for breaking out all the inmates in Solace Asylum. What you might consider as Tartarus. Whatever the case, it’s bad news.”

Lee scratched his head, “And he summoned my… Why?”

“Probably because he thought of you as another villain to cause chaos around the city like all the others he already busted out. Moving them like pawns on a chessboard.”

Lee sighed, “Am I that evil looking...? Don’t answer that.” Lee waited, and continued, “Well, he is right about one thing,” Lee/Twilight webbed a rooftop, “I’ma cause some chaos!” Lee jumped off before Lance could do anything. The symbiote swung until he was far away. ‘Weird. I’m not sure I like him, too judgmental...’

“Well, with somepony of his position, it comes with a lot of- What the-!?”

Before Lee’s Twilight could finish, Lance was right in front of them. “Look, all I want to do is help you. You don’t need to run off like that.”

“H-how did you-!?”

“Get here? Instant Transmission. One of a few things another Displaced named Majin Buu taught me. Now, are we going to do this the easy way or-.”

Lee slammed Twilight’s hoof into Lance’s face, sending him sprawling onto the ground.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay!?” Twilight asked panicking. ‘I’m in a bad mood...’

“You asking me or your partner?” The Adept asked for clarification. ‘If she means Lee, then Darn it, they took the hard way!!’

“You of course! Lee isn’t hurt, so why him?” Twilight pointed, then looked at her hoof Lee used to punch the Adept, “I’ve never hit a l-living thing before…”

“Just asking… I’m fine. Besides, I’ve dealt with worse. Even had a ghoul bite a piece of my flesh off. Don’t worry, I can heal faster than normal.” Lance got back on his feet as he got on the same roof where Twilight and Lee was, followed by the Masked Matterhorn landing there a few seconds later. “Now, as I was saying, I’m sorry for how this conversation first started off and right now, I want to help the two of you.”

‘Could I kill him?’ Lee asked, sounding a bit sick.

“What!? No! Why are you acting like this?” Twilight yelled, voice shaking.

‘Listen Sparkle-Butt, I have at least ten kids, most, if not all, want me dead, I was kissed on the cheek by a she-demon Displaced, and I’ve only been out of that stone prison for two day’s!’ Lee vented.

Twilight gulped, “Heh… Sorry… Wait, you have ten kids!?”

‘Yes, and they all most likely want me dead, so thats depressing! Why are you so surprised?’

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know…” Twilight said, feeling awkward.

‘Oh, thank you for your pity, but I don’t need it.’

Twilight sighed, “I’m not pitying you, I’m ju-”

Le cut in, ‘Oh, so you don’t care!’

“What is wrong with you! I never said I didn’t care!”

‘Oh, so you do love me!’ Lee said in mock happiness.

Twilight’s eye twitched, “Stop! I do care, but not like that!”

Lee chuckled, ‘Funny. First argument.’

“You are so arrogant!”

‘I prefer the term: Immature. Or Imp! Try that, those suit me much better!’

As they argued, Lance and Masked Matterhorn just watched on, amazed by how long this argument had gone. “Wow… you two remind me of my parents. You argue just like a married couple.”

“WE ARE NOT A COUPLE!!!”

“Well, the yelling says otherwise.”

The Venom mask pulled back, revealing Twilight’s glare. She gritted her teeth, eyes burning with anger, “We. Are. Not. A couple!”

“Okay… okay. I get it. Thanks for clarifying that.”

Twilight grumbled as she sat down on the floor. ‘Sorry...’

“Okay, I want to help both of you, but the only way you can help us is that if we work together and not try to run off… Lee.”

The two sighed in sync, “I understand… Sorry for hitting you, I’ve had a bad day. We’ll help! Wait, whats up with that Twilight of yours?”

“Can you clarify a little on what you mean exactly?” The Adept asked.

“She… has wings…” Lee stated.

“Well, she’s an Alicorn. I don’t see what’s wrong with that.”

The symbiote clad Twilight yelped, “What!? Alicorn!? I can’t be an Alicorn! How’d that happen!” ‘Good point Sparkle-Butt...’

“At one point, you would ascend to being an Alicorn. Celestia would later on see that you’ve grown from what you were once were as a filly and have you become the Princess of Friendship. Coronation and everything.”

“With great power comes a great responsibility.” Lance muttered to himself, smiling at Twilight. “You must’ve made her proud.”

Twilight looked to the floor, “How could I make her proud, when I’ve become the enemy.”

“You can’t judge every book by it’s cover, Twilight. Not everything that looks scary is incredibly evil.” The Masked Matterhorn told her. “I believe that in your world, you met a zebra that taught you this lesson. Zecora right?”

Twilight nodded, but shied away a bit, “But the Princess turned him to stone.”

‘Don’t remind me...’

“Yes, that might be true… But you two aren’t evil. I would say… Misunderstood. Let Celestia give you a chance to prove her wrong and you might just surprise her with what you can accomplish. The only way you can do that is if you work as a team. Two heads are better than one.”

Twilight froze, she never thought about it like that. Maybe she could help Lee.

“Thank you.. Me? I think I needed that.” Twilight smiled, then looked back to Lance, “We should find Lee’s Token.” The two said.

“Alright. Masked Matterhorn, do you detect any activity in the Area?”

“Yeah. Nearby the Metalworks. I feel Hot Spot’s magic from over there.” The Alicorn told him. “He’s a Unicorn that could turn anything into a potential Explosive using his magic. I feel another presence there too, but I can’t tell who it is.”

Lance then saw the Alicorn begin to ascend into the air. “Follow me.” She tells them as she began to soar through the Sky and Lance began to run and catch up using his agility to jump from building to building.

“Okay, my turn to drive.” The Unicorn declared. ‘Darn it!’

Twilight and Lee used there web fluid to catch up. ‘Hey, I have suggestion.’

“Shoot.” Twilight said.

‘Why not we call ourselves Venom?’

Twilight smiled, “I like that! Venom...”


Back at Base

“Hey, Humdrum? Did you happen to see Lance this morning?”

“No. Something tells me he’s getting to work early. I can’t find Twilight anywhere.”

“ ……… Is it just me or do I have a feeling that something bad is about to happen?”


Metalworks

It took about ten minutes to get inside because breaking into the facility was a lot harder than it looked like. Because of the old Factory being operational again, the villains running the facility were using it to mass produce weapons, armor, and robotics that were unfamiliar to the Masked Matterhorn. Lance though, recognized a few of them. They were Sumeragi designed Mechs, Tanks, suits, tanks, Pulse Rifles, and hand grenades that were from Azure Striker Gunvolt. Nova must’ve knew the blueprints of all the Sumeragi gear for being the leader of Sumeragi and what not. A thought ran in his mind that if they were able to capture some of the items that were in here, they could take it to Detective Hooves and let the Tech Experts find a way to expose their weaknesses.

Lance’s entrance was a classic “Dynamic Entry” through the front door, despite the fact that the Masked Matterhorn suggested that they should catch them by surprises with stealth. The Adept thought though that Venom would be onboard with this plan.

“Knock knock, motherbuckers!!”

“The cake is a lie! All your base are belong to us!!!”

“What the-!? How the hell did they find out where we were?!”

“Who cares?!! Kill them already!!!”

Lance smiled as he switched bolt clips to Naga. “Here they come!”

“Wait, they're going to punch us to death? Whatever…” Venom webbed a Plasma Rifle.

The goons that came at them were armed with rifles and clubs while some had burst resistant body armor as they charged at them in a large mass like a crowd on black friday. This was going to be a riot.

‘Let’s start a riot…a riot…’ Lee sang.

Lance’s first move was to tag two explosive crates near the middle of the facility and the pipes above them as he executed his Flashfield. The lightning that surged from the personal barrier was sent directly towards the tags, causing the explosives to detonate and steam to come from the pipes. His plan was to cause confusion for the enemy so he, Masked Matterhorn, and Venom would go in and knock them all out during the panic. A bold idea, but not exactly what happened. Especially when you’re dealing with Lee.

Lee began shooting the goons kneecaps with a Plasma Rifle, knocking dozens of them to the ground. He throw the Rifle at them, and used his webs to ground it fast, making an explosion that took out the majority. Luckily they all survived, and there was only ten left.

“Told you it was a lie! Oh, you didn’t know we were the cake…”

The Ten that were left were scrambling to do something, but then, a new voice rang through the Factory.

“YOU IDIOTS!!! I GIVE YOU ONE SINGLE JOB TO GUARD THIS PLACE AND YOU CAN’T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT!!! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!!”

The ten of them left and now, standing there was Hot Spot. A red Unicorn with a long fire like ponytail and mane that looked unimpressed. He even had a few scars over his eyes. “Pfft… A unicorn, the Azure Striker and the Masked Matterhorn…… I honestly expected more if you ask me.”

“Look Rapidash rip-off, I think you overestimate your powers. And really? A ponytail, you are a man, right?”

“Buck off, Tarface. I never asked for your opinion.” He grunted again. Lance then noticed something dangling around his neck. A black…… Scythe.

“Lee, what was your token again?”

“A black and white Scythe style necklace, why?”

Lance was about to say something, but then Hot Spot gripped the token with his teeth. “Thanks to Master Nova and his experiments, he was able to extend my powers and give me a new form by manipulating the power in this accessory. PREPARE TO DIE!!!”

A black and red energy swirled around the Unicorn as it consumed him. As it faded, a new… Anthropomorphic figure was standing there and looking at Lee and Lance. Anger in his eyes.

“BURN!!!”

“You talk too much.”

“Isn’t Symbiote flammable?” Lance asked.

“Nope, common misconception. Sound is the only weakness, but fire can hurt.” Lee webbed Hot Spot’s mouth. “The movie did that to people.”

Shortly after saying that though, the Web on Hot Spot’s mouth burned off as it created a few explosives of fire and hurled them towards the three of them. All three of them split up. Lance taking a frontal approach, Masked Matterhorn taking an approach to the left while Venom took one to the right. Masked Matterhorn casted her signature Ice spell at the new opponent, only to have it evaporate and have Hot Spot’s new form grab her and throw her out the factory. Launching her into the distance.

“MY OTHER ME!!!” Twilight screamed. She backed away from the fire thrower, fearing he’d do the same to her. ‘Twilight, I’m her. You don’t have to be afraid, we’re hero’s, remember?’

Twilight calmed down quickly.

Venom webbed more Plasma Rifle’s, “We have an idea!” They yelled to Lance, gesturing to the weapons. The Adept though, couldn’t pick up on her signal because of two things. One, how quick Lance’s new form was. Second, the Volcanic Axe that he unsheathed out of his back that was as hot as molten steel. Around five hundred degrees fahrenheit.

“I’m up for any suggestions at this point!!”

“Set as many the Rifle’s around him as you can! I’ll do the rest!”

Lance honestly had no idea what kind of idea the two of them had in their heads, but right now, any idea could be a good idea. He switched clips to Mizuchi so he could knock over the weapon racks that scattered around the room, and then continued to do so after he switched again to Vasuki. What he called “The Ricochet” clip. Soon, a bunch of weapons were scattered all over the floor and it was just what Venom needed.

‘Ready?’

“No… but I can’t think of anything else.” Twilight mumbled.

Venom was standing on a mech. Twilight casted a shield spell around Lanc, and as they jumped off, they used their webs to pull the mech down on the weapons.

Lee wanted an explosion and soon got one… But it was not one that he intended. All that did was just piss off Hot Spot to the point of no return.

“YOU BASTARDS!!! I’LL TURN YOU ALL TO ASH!!!” Hot Spot screamed as he rose into the air and multiple balls of fire began to surface.

“Ahhh!” Twilight screamed, burn marks all over her.

Lee jumped off Twilight, and took his humanoid form. A Scythe as black as darkness appeared in his hand. “Will you. Shut up. OR NOT!?!?!?” He took a slash at Hot Spot.

Hot Spot saw the attack coming and met Lee’s Scythe with his Volcanic Axe. Both weapons clashing and putting the two of them in a struggle of wits. But for the Unicorn, unknowingly, he fell for the most simplest of diversions. He didn’t notice it until something tore through his back and severely damaged him.

It was Lance and the Energy Blade that Humdrum had crafted for him. “He’s down!! You and me, Venom. Let’s Finish this!!”

He nodded, fusing with Twilight once again, Scythe in hoof. ‘Sorry Twi.’

Venom charged, darkness radiating from his Scythe like fog. The weapon grew, and Venom’s teeth ripped out of his mask, their tongue long and snake-like. The Scythe was swung downward.

For Lance. He charged from the other end, radiating with Lightning. As he attacked, the Adept swung low and upward with two hands. Both strikes met in the center and caused the monster that was Hot Spot to explode in a mass of blackened light. The only thing that was left in the center of the room was Lee’s Token as it fell to the floor.

“Dadada daa da dum dada daaaaaa!” Lee humed Final Fantasy victory music as he twirled his Scythe like cloud would, then rested it on his/Twilight’s back.

Lance himself just chuckled as he picked up the small ornament sized token. “Well, guess that’s mission accomplished. Now… Mind if I try something real quick? I want to test a theory I thought of based on these tokens of ours.”

“Uh, sure. I just think Twilight needs medical care.”

“Okay, you tend to her while I try this out.” Holding the scythe, he aimed it in front of him like if he was aiming a blast at the wall. He began to channel his energy as he closed his eyes. Soon, a portal appeared, stable and everything. “Well, that was a lot more successful than I thought.”

“You jinxed it.”

“Nope. You see, since Displaced can summon each other and also get summoned, I thought of a way to get to other worlds without being pulled in like a vacuum. If my theory is correct, this gateway should lead you to your Equestria.” The Adept said, pulling out one of his tokens and tossing it to them. “Keep this. It’s my token, so call me if you need my help and I’ll answer. I think you two should get going before Masked Matterhorn gets back here with the girls.”

The Venom mask moved out of the way to show Twilight’s face, “I hoped I’d be able to say goodbye.” Twilight sighed.

“I’ll tell her for you. Now go. I rather not have that portal close on you by accident and have you lose a finger… or a hoof.”

Twilight giggled, “Okay. And one more thing. I think I’ll start being a hero back home. Heh, I guess I’m like an honorary member…”

“Welcome to the team.” Lance chuckled. “Ms. Venom.”

Twilight smiled, “I’ll see you later Gunvolt!” She said, jumping into the portal. But something happened.

They screamed, mostly Lee in frustration. “You jinxed it!” The portal closed.

Lance sighed. So far, it had been one crazy morning. Now then… Weren’t their suppose to be arrivals?

“POWER PONIES ON THE SCENE!!!”

Oh yeah… right. Lance then turned around to see the rest of the girls. “Sorry girls, but you missed all the excitement earlier. It seems though that this place was used as a factory for weapons, armor and mechs.”

“Wow… This looks like it came out of Stare Wars!!!”

“Right… Anyways, somepony should call Detective Whooves. Twilight, does HQ have a lab for analysis?”

“Yes. I’m guessing that you want to take some of these things back so we can find a weakness to them?”

Lance nodded his head as he looked back at the scythe in his hands. “Oh and one other thing…”

“Yes?”

Lance motioned his head to the exit so they could talk in private for a moment. “Venom wanted me to tell you her goodbyes. Hopefully, they’ll be going back to their world soon.”

“Thank Celestia for that.”

“I’m concerned about something though… Hot Spot said that Nova was experimenting with Lee’s token. If that token caused him to transform like that, something tells me that he made more to give to his top lieutenants. Each one different from one another.” The Adept said. “Venom was curious about one thing though?”

“Oh? What’s that?”

“She was asking if she could be an honorary member.”

Twilight giggled, looking back at her friends and remembering the encounter she had with the other Twilight. “Yes. Yes she can be.”

Lee’s token glowed, and a message came through, ‘If the Power Ponies need us, we’ll be happy to back you up!’

Twilight smiled as she trotted back over to his friends, but as he was about to walk, he heard a second voice talk to him. This time, it was the voice of a girl. But not Twilight’s voice. It was a lot different.

‘Brother……’

Lance flinched for a second, looking at his token. He could only think of one question as he put the token away.

‘What was that all about? Wait… Didn’t Lee mention having a sister?’


End Strike 11

Author's Note:

Well, this was quite interesting. This chapter was a crossover with A forsaken Symbiote by Bronyparasite. It was pretty fun since it let me have fun with having two Eggheads meet each other. Even though I've been on a roll with chapters lately, I'm going to take a break right now. My fingers really need it.
-Frost

PreviousChapters Next