• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 5,961 Views, 2,919 Comments

The Silver Stars - David Silver



The former human known as Silver has attempted to throw his life away, but neither Luna nor his wife, Night Watch will tolerate this. He claims it was an impulse, but they will cure him of the deep breaks even if it means reassembling him from parts.

  • ...
47
 2,919
 5,961

PreviousChapters
Don't Read This

Author's Note:

He doesn't listen, and clearly you don't either...

Sigh.

Fine. If you insist, then travel with him. I bid you, awaken as he does, and learn to appreciate what you have, here.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 92 )

6822666 ... NO! I would have liked to see Nefetari come to Equestria on a diplomatic mission.

6822714 That could still happen in the real world.

Comment posted by David Silver deleted Jan 12th, 2016

6832835 A thousand typos cried out at once, then were silenced.

Comment posted by Alzrius deleted Jan 18th, 2016

that condition

6845999 Of Silver being turned back into male by Celestia. it was, and she then offered.

Ah. Haven't seen S5 yet.

Im sure theres some Under Tale to this story somewhere.

Sancho, my Lance. Onwards.

6885926 i would not give up if the world was calasping in front of me and i was being attacked by the darkest being in the world

6893876 lunar ponys are best ponys

Your story indentation is giving me all kinds of mindfuckery going from one story to another then backwards then backwards again. It almost feels depressing knowing all the words you wrote, the journeys you created are just rewound and undone. Feels like a waste of good story but at least the journey was pleasant (although the silver sky kinda went a bit everywhere XD). Im worred to see him rewind so far back that he wont end up with the happiness he made later due to a different path. Ah well all i can do is read on (shame that soon ill be up to date and can no longer read 50 chapters a day)

6917122 Welcome back to the waking world.

6930268 Don't know why but keep thinking we're past season 5.

6930947
Twilight beat us to be Silver's special somepony

6934794 All's well then, it just looked a bit funky, I'll label that one as royal speak.

6930731
It's a defense readiness condition, really. So Def-Re-Con...? But,
DEFCON is how it's usually written, if abbreviated. (See their primary source; it doesn't seem to work as a link here.)

6947764
Well I like what's going on so far. He's training getting ready to go on a mission. Another human. He gets attack and kills. Shits going down, but this just feel like another idea that you had to manipulate him. Like the fire ball thing really threw me for a loop. It was almost as if you were trying to find a way to bring him to a new low. Which would work both both these times it seemed like the reasoning was hallow.

I'll keep reading this; just tell me if he changes back.

6947808 Which fireball thing are we speaking of, exactly?

6947859 Ah my bad. I kinda read from one story to the next so I'm not certain if it's in this one or A Wizard, but it's when he burns down a part of the academy he went almost killing a pony with his fireball.

My point is there was no reason to summon the fireball. He just sat there frozen for some reason going, "Time to summon a fireball." That area in the story was to much of a convienent way for him to be at a new low. Another reason for this to be out of place is that fact that it just wouldn't make sense for him to do. He's a rational thinking adult. Granted you could make the excuse that it was him panicking from being frozen and he acted irrational. That's in fact how some murders do happen. The reason this doesn't work is because magic is a complex thing that requires concentration, and that in itself is consent.

I do however love how your stories bring him to lows and highs. It just that this seems like you had a point but not a means to get there.

It's to late now though. You're already pretty deep into the story so it doesn't really matter now.

6948273 The stories wove a bit erratically between this and the next and Robe and Hat. It wasn't his best move. He gets better.

6948338
Yeah these are more personal problems I have. I'll come back to it in a day or two. Btw you are the first story I have read that I actually approve of the 'turning into a pony and a colt at that' trope.

6948371 It's often done for comedy or humiliation. I thought it was a bit more logical here. It was played straight, and I think it was the right tact to take. Silver got to re-experience childhood, and, snags excluded, he was enriched for the opportunity.

6986049 I know she's called Fast Change but seriously, from one sentence to the next is pushing it a bit.:rainbowlaugh: (PS she likes being nailed though.)

AGH!

I have to read this 200k story before I can finish reading the other 200k story?

Oh well, there goes my weekend.

7064020 Welcome to the nightmare. Buckle in.

7080069 That.....I guess i will just call that a wash. Curiosity killed the Cat and what-not.

Someone wanders into a work of fiction willingly, and accepts it as real, and not being shocked at their personal addition to the fiction being real is 2 different things.

Oh god... To read this,or continue the "wizard hat" one....

7096232 You missed a turn-off, I think.

7096247 the wizard hat one says to come here and then continue.... But.... Fine. Reading this I guess.

7096437 Partway through this one should have pointed you to Beneath a Silver Sky.

7096522 ah. Well I hadn't even started this one, was just questioning if I should read it.

Thanks though! I'll watch out for it

7207488 Doesn't matter what the situation you don't hurt a pregnant mare. And killing an unborn child gets you a one way ticket to HELL!

Hello, I just want to ask you a question. What do I need to read? I just read Chapter 38 of Putting on a Silver Robe and Wizard Hat and I don't know what to read. This sequel, or finish Putting on a Silver Robe and Wizard Hat? Please help!

7278191 It should have told you, but it's your option whether you delve into the darkness here, or you skip on right through. The story works either way.

7278307 although I did thoroughly enjoy the author notes.

7392428 No no, I was not more clear. In the story 'Starlight over Detroit' A pegasus was affected by magic to eat only meat, but was saved in time to have it both ways. And when a pony got a little or big time cook, she freaked out her friends by saying 'that smells so good...like chicken' or something. I am not saying that sliver will ever do that.

7392428 and this line was not to be taken as her really meaning it but more of a joke to get their goat. It was to be a funny:twilightsheepish:he he:pinkiehappy:.....I'm sorry:fluttershbad: don't hate me :fluttercry:

7393306 I don't hate easily. Do continue.

7416019

It's probably in the last one then sorry, I caught the error but was so caught up in reading I just went right to the next chapter. It should be the one for the Grand Galloping Gala.

7460866
Oh sorry. Should have searched the word first :facehoof:

ok this kind of makes me confussed witch story is cannon since the one that links to this one and this one link back to hd more to read but there is a story that goes off of this one with going back to the second story

7530896 Welcome to the nightmare.

7530947 ... Im just going to go with there are slipt paths

Huh. So that happened. Waking up without even getting to meet his colt...you are kinda cruel to yourself, Dave.

7697545 The story moves on, dream walker.

so this is more of an alternate than a sequel to Putting on a Silver Robe and Wizard Hat?

7737043 Yes. It branches off in the middle of the other, when Silver is 'fixed' by Luna after the suicide attempt.

7748329 She does seem a bit... off.

Login or register to comment