• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 5,961 Views, 2,919 Comments

The Silver Stars - David Silver



The former human known as Silver has attempted to throw his life away, but neither Luna nor his wife, Night Watch will tolerate this. He claims it was an impulse, but they will cure him of the deep breaks even if it means reassembling him from parts.

  • ...
47
 2,919
 5,961

PreviousChapters Next
12 - Opening the Book

This was insufferable, or so Silver thought as Twilight began to rather mechanically tease him. If he was going to be worked up by Twilight, he'd rather it be a two-way activity. He cleared his throat softly, "Twilight, you're doing that in a very sub-optimal fashion."

Twilight paused, tilting her head, "I read in a book this is the way they do it."

Silver perked an ear, "Do it with... what, I dare ask?"

Twilight looked up towards the ceiling, "I think it was on horses."

Silver frowned, "I am not a horse, I'm a pony. That's a little insulting."

Twilight looked ashamed of herself, "I thought the anatomical differences were close enough!" Her wings spread in alarm, "Did I hurt you?"

Silver shook his head, "No. Twilight. I will help you, as an assistant. I have nothing against science, or you. Please untie me."

Twilight frowned with new thought, "You're going to run away, or bite me, if I do that."

Silver gave her a flat look, trying to be as indignant as possible while sporting an uncomfortable excitement, "I have never hurt you, and I hope to never start. I like you, Twilight Sparkle. Please can we be friends and not just scientist and her subject?"

Twilight huffed loudly, "Fine... But if you misbehave, I'm reporting it to Celestia, and putting the blocker on." Her magic made quick work of undoing the straps, "Now help me get that sample. I have research to conduct and we're wasting time."

Silver sat up, relieved to no longer be a prisoner. He considered Twilight rapidly, wondering just what he could get away with or not... Why not go for broke? "In order to proper stimulate a male pony, it is crucial," he said, trying to sound as official as possible. Twilight seemed to be eating it up so far, looking at him in wonder, "to simulate the interior of a female pony. Body temperature surroundings, extremely high humidity, and some careful pressure all help to encourage the process."

Twilight tilted her head with a squint, "That is complicated. No wonder you don't have a spell to do it. So how do I get all of that quickly? I want to have your samples right away."

Silver glanced towards the sealed door they entered from, "There are several ways to extract the essence of a male pony. The most direct direct way involves--"

Twilight held up a hoof, "You're obviously an expert on the matter, go ahead." She floated a beaker over to him, "Fill it, and stop assuming I don't know anything, mister." She casually shattered Silver's thoughts of her complete innocence with her delicate frown, "No more excuses."

Silver accepted the beaker in a silver grip, glancing between it and Twilight. Shoot. "Uh, OK... got a shower or something?"

Twilight raised a brow, then pointed to where a spigot just hung over a drain, offering no privacy. "For the humidity?" she asked, baffled.

Silver snorted and turned away from her, "Give me a second..."

Soon enough, Silver had filled the beaker and offered it to Twilight. It was still a small step up from being milked like an uncooperative horse. Twilight accepted the beaker and quickly approached her odd terminal, slotting various samples into places and apparently understanding the nonsensical arrangement of squiggles, blinking lights, and other output.

Silver hopped down to the ground and approached her from behind as she scribbled busily on her papers. "Anything interesting?" he asked, but she offered no answer, just talking to herself as she hurriedly wrote and read.

She suddenly turned on him, "Go lay down, belly down, on the table."

Silver jumped in place before moving to do that, unsure if he wished to test Twilight's patience. He could feel her magic running through the machine, prickling at his exposed top-side.

Twilight gave a soft suck, then shook her head, "Something's obviously wrong. Silver, here." she pointed at the ground.

Silver huffed, "Magic word?"

Twilight lifted him in her magic and set him on the ground, then tapped the dangling heart crystal he forgot he was wearing, "I think that's throwing off the results. Take it off."

Silver quickly removed the sphere, which stopped glowing lavender once it wasn't in contact with him. Twilight rose a brow, "Why was it glowing my color? Nevermind, put it there." She pointed at a countertop. Silver set it aside carefully, then was placed back on the table, belly up, in Twilight's magic. "You're lucky I'm not holding that stunt against you. A lesser unicorn would strap you back up."

Silver flushed gently, not having any ready defense for trying to take advantage of Twilight, "Sorry... Well, now you know how it feels to be treated like trash. Can we just promise to assume the other is a mature and responsible adult?"

Twilight squinted at her machine, poking it with a hoof before twisting a knob, "Fine, let's. The readings are still off." She snorted loudly and turned to Silver, "Why do you have pegasus traces? And female? You're obviously not female. Your net's a complete mess! How do you function?" She suddenly clopped her hooves, "Of course! Maybe you are!"

Silver blinked slowly, "Maybe I am what?"

Twilight pointed at him with a smile, "Female! That would explain the disorder, and your erratic behavior. You're a mare in a stallion's body." She seemed relieved to have arrived at a conclusion, already busily making notes of it as Silver peered at her, them closed his legs.

"I'm very happy having my male bits, thank you," he squeaked in alarm, "I have a foal coming, from a lovely mare, that I need, and very much enjoy, being with, as a stallion."

Twilight moved up and gently pet Silver on his head and across his cheeks. She was being soft and gentle, "Of course you'd say that, you must be so confused! I'm sorry for lashing out at you, poor thing."

This was going downhill quickly, and no amount of Twilight petting would fix that. Silver chanced it, trying to play the teleportation spell from memory that was in Star Swirl's book. His fur suddenly appeared by the door, then fell to the ground, leaving him entirely exposed.

Twilight blinked softly, "Why did you do that? This is more serious than I thought!" She clucked her tongue loudly and lifted the truly naked Silver up, setting him on the table and strapping him down gently, "You wait right here. I have to speak to Celestia, but don't worry! I'll be right back, and nopony is mad at you." She turned tail and was soon out the door, leaving an aghast Silver behind.

Silver sagged on the table, but quickly remembered he had his magic and undid the buckles. He slid to the floor and moved for his heart crystal. He felt a little less naked once it was strapped into place. He still had affection for Twilight, but that mare needed to learn to slow down. He clamped his back legs together again as he frowned. She needs to not make him a mare!

~Silver, where are you? I thought I asked you to tell me if you left the castle,~ came Luna's voice.

Silver practically jumped for joy, smiling. He couldn't reach Luna, but once she reached him, it went both ways. ~Luna! I am so glad you're there.~

~Calm down, Silver. You sound upset. What is going on?~ came Luna's voice, emanating a calming nature that soothed his jangled nerves.

Silver took a slow breath, ~It's Twilight. She said you gave permission to study me.~

~This is true,~ said Luna, ~She said a few simple examinations may shine light on your condition and be helpful. I saw no reason to prevent her.~

~She snatched me up in the middle of the hallway and strapped me down!~ thought Silver excitedly, ~That's not actually what I'm upset about right now. She thinks I'm a mare in a stallion's body and I think she's going to ask Celestia to try making me a mare on the outside.~

~This would be beyond the efforts of most,~ replied Luna, ~But Twilight is no normal user of magic.~

There was a pause there, and it carried on for too long for Silver's comfort. ~Luna?~ There was no reply. And Silver began pacing around the room. He approached the door but couldn't find the latch Twilight used on it. He scraped at it with his hooves a moment before whimpering. ~Luna?! Please don't leave me alone.~

~I am afraid I am but one princess, and Twilight and Celestia are two. If they agree the best treatment is to make a mare of you, we will make the best of it,~ came Luna's voice.

Silver sank to the ground, tail tucked in against himself. ~That's... Really, Luna, really?~

~Verily,~ she replied.

Silver rested his head on the odd machine Twilight was using, ~Since we're on the topic of reproduction... What's up with you not only not being pregnant, but not being able to become so?~

~Who spoke these words to you?~ came Luna's voice, sounding agitated.

~Does it matter?~ replied Silver, rolling onto his back. ~I thought there were no more lies. Why is every... pony... being so awful to me?~

~We did not lie... We can produce life, just not as foals. I gave you the essence you helped create within me, as I offered in your darkest hour.~

Silver frowned, ~That doesn't make sense. You turned First Star into a night unicorn without any real problems.~

Luna spoke softly, ~But her change is superficial, good enough. You, you are the progenitor, the first of the line. Yours is the loin that carries my project towards completion.~

Silver flailed his hooves in the air, ~Mine are the loins that are going to be inverted by a well-meaning but infuriating librarian! What then?~

Luna went silent for a time, ~If nothing else, you may mother what I had intended you would father.~

Silver whimpered, closing his eyes, ~That's a lot of foals to ask a guy to birth...~

~And yet,~ spoke Luna with confidence, ~I am aware the idea of it does not entirely bother you, simply the lack of choice.~

~Is that wrong?~ Silver rolled to his belly. ~Choice isn't a bad thing to want. I've been really trying my best to fit in, and this time I don't think it's my fault at all.~

The door clicked and Silver retreated away from it, hiding behind Twilight's machine as best he could. Soft clip-clops of incoming hooves alerted Silver to the fact that at least two ponies had arrived. The door shut quietly and clicked back into locked position.

"He was just... Ah!" came Twilight's voice before her magic wrapped around him and lifted him into the open easily, "Here he is."

He could see Twilight sat beside Celestia, and both looked at him with an appearance of mild pity.

Silver squirmed in Twilight's grasp, "Of course I look female, uh, magically. I've been bent and spindled by mares since I got here. I've been enhanced, ponied, half-ponied, and a dozen other things, all by mares." He kicked a leg out fruitlessly, "Why wouldn't I smell of female magic?"

Celestia shook her head, "What Twilight describes is not gained by simple contamination of that sort. We would like to help you, Silver. If you accept this, all past crimes will be expunged, and we will welcome you as a sister."

Author's Note:

Silver tries to be smooth, and gets offered something he doesn't really want instead. What should he do?

Kill the typos, of course!

PreviousChapters Next