• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 1,227 Views, 1 Comments

The Return of the Beastmaster - God-Of-Toasters



Set in the Hippoborean age before the founding of Equestria, this tale follows Bronze Tusk, an Earth Pony, trying to stop the summoning of an eldritch deity known as the Beastmaster

  • ...
4
 1
 1,227

The Summoning

Bronze Tusk woke up in a demonic stupor. He was in a small room, miles away from anything in particular except for imminent doom. Savagely, he sliced strange staring sigils of sanguinary soothsaying, seeking solace and maybe more morbid magic that he could decimate devilishly. He tore down the walls, bellowing the name of the war god, so that he may find an answer inside this hellhole. Suddenly, Fell Fire walked in the room. She was clad in a ceremonial outfit worn only by the eldritch agricultural lords, prayed to only in curses.
“Welcome, my friend,” She said in a deceptive tone, “I have so much to share with you.”
Bronze Tusk ceased his bashing and stared at the wizened Unicorn. Reluctantly, he followed her into a great hall, decorated with arcane icons and seated himself at a desk with a large, occult globe.

“This is what is known as a Summoning-orb,” Fell Fire said, “Created by my forefathers, it harnesses theurgic Unicorn magic in order to manifest a corporeal image of what I’m invoking. However, it needs more power. That’s where you come in.”
Fell Fire shoved Bronze Tusk into the great sphere. Being adjusted to the winds of Greeinom, Tusk struck back with all his might, sending Fell Fire into the wall containing a tapestry of a wizard-priest subduing a demon. Unfortunately, it was too late for Tusk, as he was sucked into the orb. Fell Fire began a chant:

“Gods awaken from scorned days,

Back to the days where we were slaves.

Relic of arcane haze,

Release us from this horrid maze!

Beastmaster, awaken!”

Suddenly the ball of chaos shifted into the form of a bipedal giant. He wielded a many pronged weapon and had a beard of pure white. He decimated the ceiling and peered down at the ponies.
“Hey now, what be yew? Miniature horses? Well shoee, if I ain’t never seen one a’ dose in mah life. Imma gonna take yew back to mah ranch, gonna be a milliyunaire!”

The titan reached down at Fell Fire as she recited spells of many other spurned gods, spouting tiny sparks of flame that did little to the hulking beast as he stepped back into the great portal. Through time did he travel, maybe to the place she wanted, but it certainly wasn’t the right time for her. Bronze Tusk looked around and ran away to a better town, or at least a place that was slightly more sane. That would never happen in Hippoborea though.

Comments ( 1 )

I’m gunna be a millionaire!

Login or register to comment