• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 3,225 Views, 318 Comments

Interviewing Mr. Disc - CrackedInkWell



The art teacher, Mr. Disc is called in to be interviewed by a CIA agent over the disappearance of a missing student at Canterlot High.

  • ...
8
 318
 3,225

19: The Living Silhouette.

For the past few hours, I tried to keep myself as calm as I possibly could, which was very difficult for the fact that there’re now five people in my head doing who-knows-what. Even when things drifted back to normal as the Equestrians made their appointments with their copies before heading back to their lives, although, some of them decided to stay for a little longer.

The CIA was practically everywhere now, helping the students record what they’ve learned and in some cases confiscated digital files and videos of their counterparts and/or they flying or using magic for the first time. The men and women in black informed us that they’ll be the ones to release this information when the time was right, and they’ll organize what the students learned so that the country can be educated of it.

There was also the matter of them trying to figure out how to not only introduce a brand new country but a whole alternative universe that they told us to keep it on the down low until further notice. In other words, what we’ve found out in this town about our alternative selves, stays in this town until they say otherwise.

As for me, we were in the last period, and so far, I haven’t heard a word from the search party, nor from my other self. I tried to continue to teach my students (and a few extras) as best as I could give the current situation.

“That’s technically half true,” I answered my student’s counterpart’s question. “When shading a landscape, one has to realize where the sun is regarding the piece you’re working on. However, we should also keep in mind the other light sources as well such as light bulbs, T.V. sets, computer screens, flashlights and so on. So yes, sunlight is a good thing to keep in mind, but so are the other-”

Discord to Julius, Discord to Julius, do you read me?

“Uh… Would you excuse me for a moment class,” I said as I reached out for my cellphone, “I need to answer this call for just a moment.” Sitting down at my desk, I put the phone to my face and answered: “It’s about time I’m able to hear anything from you? Have they found ya yet?”

Actually, they did. We’ve followed the string back and now we’re all at the door where they came in. So would you mind opening the door for us to get out of your head?

“Since I’ve been itching for you to arrive, give me a moment to do just that.” After pretending to hang up and putting it back into my pocket. I stand up while getting an idea. Turning to the student’s counterpart who asked the shading question, I told him, “Actually, how about I do a demonstration of shading right now.”

I took a couple of pencils and waved out a long roll of paper, I had the sheet nailed to the walls above the chalkboard by the same pencils I’d picked up.

“He’s a simple exercise; let’s say the subject I want to draw is a door. Now with the current lights in the room that you see, and given the current position that this sheet is now, what are the lights that I need to keep in mind?” I asked as I began drawing the outline of a door.

My students and some of their counterparts answered as I quickly drew. They pointed out the light from the windows, the lamps on the ceiling, the hallway, etc… Meanwhile, I drew out the door, its frame, and a doorknob. Taking note of my own shadow, I put in the shadings of the knob and its frame.

“Shading is a fantastic tool to use,” I commented, putting the last detail on the hinges. “Because when you do your shading just right, the result is that the subject of your piece becomes realistic. And if you do it really well,” I reached for the paper doorknob and turned it. “Your artwork could look real enough to touch it,” to prove my point, I opened the door to find my other self, along with the search party on the other side.

“Was there any mail for me while I was gone?” my duplicate asked as he stepped through. I half expected that I would hear a horrified gasp, the sound of students sharping the pitchforks and lighting the torches, or they might applaud for the latest magic trick. When there was none of the above, I turned around to my students. Apparently, one of them answered from reading the confusion on my face.

“Mr. D,” she said, “I know you’re expecting something from us, but from what we’ve seen today, I think we’re practically used to this.”

“So how’s the day been, my little ponies?” the regal Celestia asked, making the student’s copies get out of their seats to take a quick bow.

“It’s been… interesting to say the least.” One of them responded I think it was the richer ones… Something or other Pants. “That is if that’s truly you, your majesty?”

“Yes it is,” she nodded, “I take it that it has been educational for yourselves as well as your counterparts?”

“Absolutely,” said another, as she quickly added: “But tell us, is it true that we could come here as well from now on?”

Before my other Boss could answer, we heard a sharp scream and turning around, I nearly did as well.

Holding onto the door frame for dear life was Applebloom, the last to step out from the rest of the search party. Clawing at her leg, trying to pull her it was something that I barely remember in a nightmare. It was more of a living silhouette than anything else. The hand it was grabbing Applebloom by was claw-like, the arms stretched to the other side of the room like black taffy from what looked like my old home where I grew up in. Its body had the outline of a large man, with hair that reminded me of Medusa. I saw in its other hand was a two-by-four plank.

I’ll teach you what happens when you disobey!” The thing yelled with the voice of a sharp knife to a chalkboard.

Out of fear and concern, I, my other self, the rescue party, even the students and their counterparts flung in to pull Applebloom away from the door from that thing. Applebloom, of course, was screaming her head off, even tried kicking the claw from her leg. But even when we pulled her away from the door, the taffy-like shadow of a hand stretched into the classroom. And even to our horror, it started to march towards us.

“Close the door!” I cried out, those who weren’t helping Applebloom went to the paper door, putting their backs as well as their powers to shut the door. But even when the door was nearly shut, the thing’s arm still kept it open.

“Discord!” I turned my attention to my copy, “Do something!” He looked around the room until both of us spotted the fire extinguisher. After whistling for it, he turned a dial on the thing to make it whatever came out to be as cold as liquid nitrogen. He had it sprayed over the shadow’s arm.

There was a shriek from behind the door before it let go of Applebloom and recoiled back to the door where the students were able to close it. Thinking quickly, that this thing is still made out of paper, they tore the door into shreds, making any eatery into my mind useless.

“Applebloom, are you alright?” Twilight asked. Applebloom told her that other than feeling shaken, she was alright.

“Excuse me, Celestia,” I said turning to her, “Before you do anything with him,” I pointed to the other me, “Can I have a word with him first?”

She told me to go ahead, so I step over to the very cause of my high-stress levels these past two days. “Do you have any idea what you’ve put me through?”

“Look, I’m sorry,” he said, “I didn’t mean for things to go like this. I was trying to help you with that mental illness of yours and my plan backfired on me.” My scolding eyes remained unchanged, “Look, is there anything that you want me to do for you to forgive me?”

An idea popped into my head, “Now you’ve mentioned it, yes, there is one thing you can do.”

“What’s that?”

“Just hold still.”

“What?”

It was then, in front of all of those witnesses, I punched myself dead in the face. Hard. Hard enough for him to fall over, so stepping over, I looked down at him and said, “Now, you’re forgiven.”