• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 3,228 Views, 318 Comments

Interviewing Mr. Disc - CrackedInkWell



The art teacher, Mr. Disc is called in to be interviewed by a CIA agent over the disappearance of a missing student at Canterlot High.

  • ...
8
 318
 3,228

(Exploring: According to Appleblooom.)

“Won’t these things snap?” I asked the other Principal Celestia.

She turned around sayin’: “Not to worry, dear Applebloom, these balls of string are indestructible. Test it yourself,” And that’s what I did. I tried pullin’ on it, biting it, even tryin’ to cut it off with a sharp corner, but no matter what I did, nothin’ happened to it.

“Won’t we run out of this?” Fluttershy questioned, holding up hers.

“I can assure you Fluttershy,” the other Twi said, “This is the kind of string in which you could stretch around the planet several times and won’t even come close of running out.”

“But how does that work?” Flutter’s asked.

“These things are magic, aren’t they?” I stated and Twi said that Ah was correct.

Before we all headed out, Celestia made us all promise that, as she put it: “Whatever you find in Disc’s mind, stays in Disc’s mind.” We all agreed to it befor’ turnin’ towards the stairs in front of us. It was decided that Twi and Celestia would try the upstairs while we stick with the main floor.

So me and Shy entered the short, green hallway where it splits. Shy said that she’ll go left if I’ll go right, I agreed to it. We wished each other luck, and with that, we separated.

To tell y’all the truth, at first, the place was jus’… (how do I say this) spooky. It’s kinda like walkin’ in one of those horror trailers with its green walls, its black and white tiles, not to mention about the lightin’ of the place gives ya the impression that a ghost is nearby.

After a while, the only sound I heard was mah own footsteps. So I thought it’ll be about time I start callin’ out, “Uh, Mr. D? Discord? Y’all around?” Nothin’. “Hey! Anyone here?”

This time, I did hear somethin’, about ten feet away, I was gettin’ near a hallway that split to the right, where I found not too far off a door there. It was one of those heavy metal doors, the kind I think they might use in a prison. By the sound of it, the laughin’ was comin’ from it. I saw as Ah drew near that it was one of those doors that had one of those see-through slots where you’d see what’s on the other side without openin’ the door.

“Hello?” I called out to whoever was giggling behind the door. Not ta say that I would be lyin’ if I didn’t say that there was somethin’… unnerving about the laughin’, somethin’ not right about it. I reached out for the slot that was at ma height and opened it.

I saw through that little panel a white padded room, with Mr. D, wrapped up in one of those straitjackets, gigglin’ his head off like Pinkie jus’ swallowed several pixie sticks at once.

“He-he-hahaha! Applebloom!” he bolted upright to his feet, “Good little Applebloom! What- haha, what joy it is to see you here of all places!”

“Mr. D, Y'all alright in there?”

He laughed some more, now I could see his eyes starin’ at me like I was an apple pie. “Alright? After from getting fired and bein’ thrown in here! Never better! Hahaha! I just had the worst day of my life, and yet I never felt better! But- heheha, but enough about me, what about you, have you gone cuckoo too?”

“No, I ain’t,” I said, “I’m jus’ lookin’ for someone is all.”

“Awe… What shame,” he purred, “Here I thought you might have brought me some news.”

“News?”

“About moonbutt,” he replied, “Has Luna gone mad yet? Did my plan work?”

I blinked, “What plan?”

He rolled his eyes, “Isn’t it obvious? Hehe, the plan to drive the Vice-Principal to insanity,” although I couldn’t see it, I could tell he was grinning.

Okay, this was gettin’ creepy, I turned around to leave, only ta find the same metal door with a giggling Mr. Disc lookin’ through the slot, “Don’t you want to know how I did it?” he asked. I looked down at my golden line of thread, it leads right underneath the door in front of me.

“Wait,” I said, “I remember that there was a hallway right there a moment ago.”

“Remember?” the crazy Mr. D chuckled, “Oh I don’t I would be doing that if I were you. Remembering things is a dangerous business you know.”

“What do ya mean?”

“Ya see, one moment, you could be headed down in a festival of pleasures with the bright lights of puberty and the delicious tastes of childhood, then suddenly, you turn around the corner and BAM! You’re somewhere where you don’t want to be in, someplace that’s just… unpleasant. Memories, my dear Applebloom can be such brats, like… like children! HAHAHA!”

I started to back out when I ran into the first door I saw comin’ in, “But can’t we live without remembering?” I turned to find Mr. D’s grinned through the slot.

“Live without rememberin’?” I questioned.

“Yes, after all, in the words of the Joker, ‘Memories is what is reason is based upon. If we can’t face them, we deny reason itself.’ But is it really such a bad thing?”

“W-What do ya mean?”

“We’re not really tied down to sanity, aren’t we? So, my little student, take this lesson with you: If you find yourself on some unpleased thought, going straight down a path where the SCREAMING IS UNBEARABLE!!!” he shouted the last three words at me, makin’ me jump pretty high. “Remember Applebloom,” he said again in a playful manner, “There’s always madness. All you have to do is just step outside and close the door with all those terrible things that you could just simply lock away. Madness, you see, is the emergency exit! Hahaha!”

As Mr. D was losin’ his mind, there was a bright, neon red light above mah head, it was a sign that read, “Exit” on it, so I decided to take a chance, and open the door. On the other side of the door wasn’t the padded room with Mr. D all wrapped up, but I found myself in somebody’s home. A bit of a messy one too. There were clothes in piles, dishes with food going to rot every few feet, and to top it off, on the walls, there were crayon drawings that looked like they were made by a little kid.

“Owe!”

“I’m almost done sweetheart,” I looked to mah left and found somethin’ I thought I've never seen. Sittin’ on a piano bench was… well… Mr. D but a whole lot younger than me by several years, ma guess he’d had been… seven or eight maybe. He had his leg stickin’ out that was being wrapped up in bandages by a lady that I’ve never seen befor’.

The lady’s hair was frazzled, and I think it’s dyed white. She had on thought, black framed glasses, had on a tied dyed shirt and jeans. She said, “This is what happens when you go jumping off from the roof Julius.”

“But mom,” he whined, “I sprouted wings and I was sure that I could fly! I mean, they were there a minute ago.”

“Julius, you really ought to be careful about these things, you could have gotten yourself killed if you didn’t land on the bushes.”

“But… I saw them,” he told his mom, “they were right on me, I even pulled on them to see.”

I looked around fer a bit and saw there was an open door there that leads to someplace else. I opened it to find myself steppin’ out into the hallway of a school I wasn’t familiar with. “Discord? You here?” I called as I stepped out into the unfamiliar school.

“How much longer?” I heard a deep voice asked, I looked at the sound of the voice only to quickly regret it. I saw a plaque that was on one particular door that almost made me wanted to turn around and run.

The plaque read: “Principal Sombra’s Office.”

I really was about ta leave if it wasn’t fer Mr. D’s voice answering him, “Be patient, will you? I’m almost done with the hair. So what’s the rush anyway? School hours are already over aren’t they?”

“Just… Just hurry up,” Sombra growled.

“And ruin your portrait? Good art doesn’t rush the artist you know.”

Okay, his other self probably isn’t here, so I decided to get away from this place as soon as possible. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I ran into a trash can wear it and I made quite a noise fallin’ over.

“What was that?” I heard Sombra’s voice, turning around to see that the blue hallways were now pitch black. And then I saw those eyes, “YOU!” he barked, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE!?” he demanded before I ran.

I ran as fast as mah legs could carry. I wish that Scootaloo was here with the Crusader mobile to outrun that monster chasin’ me now. I saw at the end of the hallway a door that was marked as a janitors’ closet.

GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!” Sombra roared, soundin’ closer now. With nothin’ but fear in me, I tried to outrun the approaching shadow that was gaining up on me.

Yet I was able to reach that door, swing it open to get myself inside and slam it shut. I breathed a little, tryin’ to calm myself down as much as possible after bein’ chased like that. While I was catchin’ my breath, I took a moment to figure out where I am now. By the looks of things, it looks like I’m on a porch in some neighborhood.

Only that some things ain’t quite right, like how the sky is purple, the trees are growing squids, and that there’s on the front lawn across the street, there was a familiar lookin’ red hair girl yellin’ at a younger Mr. D.

“What’s the big idea of throwing these at them?!” the taller, redhead demanded.

“They’re just paper airplanes,” little Disc explained, “I don’t know why they-”

“These aren’t paper airplanes,” she scolded at him, holding up a paper airplane, “These are rocks! What’s the matter with you?”

“But… But I thought-” was as far as Disc got before he was cut off.

“Don’t play around my little sisters again! Or I will make you pay!” with that, she stormed off the lawn, leaving a tearful lookin’ Disc behind. Now havin’ my breath back, I walked over to him.

“Hey, Y'all-” That was as far as I got until he turned and ran into one of the houses, slamming the door right behind him. Ah guess Ah might wanna follow him ta see where he goes off to. Who knows? Maybe he’d lead me to his other self.

Author's Note:

Phew! Now if you'd excuse me, I'm gonna collapse somewhere.

*CRASH!*

I'm fine.