• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 3,225 Views, 318 Comments

Interviewing Mr. Disc - CrackedInkWell



The art teacher, Mr. Disc is called in to be interviewed by a CIA agent over the disappearance of a missing student at Canterlot High.

  • ...
8
 318
 3,225

2: Suspicions

“Yes actually,” she nodded, “tell me, when did you first became acquainted with Ms. Sparkle?”

“If you meant the transfer, I think it was about the beginning of the last trimester,” I told her. “At the time, things haven’t been better for me. I was gaining respect for the first time in years, students were increasingly taking an interest in what I have to teach, and I was having so much fun doing it. Anyway, Ms. Sparkle, the one you’re looking for, came to my class after Spring Break. You know, I actually mistook her for someone else.”

“What do you mean?”

_*_

You see, the way she was dressed, her hair, down to the very shade of skin color reminded me of someone that I've met before. An acquaintance of mine who always came up as uptight yet is always willing to learn. In fact, you might say that I mistook her for someone else.

Before class was done, I asked her to stay for a moment so we could have a talk. She did after class was finished and everyone left the room, she came up to my desk and I told her, “Your Highness, you can drop the act now.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked with a confused eyebrow.

I looked up, “Oh come on Twilight, I know it’s ya, so you don’t have to play dumb with me at the school.” Again, she persisted that she had no idea what I was talking about. “What do ya mean by that? Aren't you here for some friendship thing with the girls here? Is it for Fluttershy’s work at the animal shelter? Or maybe you’re here for Rarity who’s struggling to come up with an idea for a fancy dishcloth? Oh! I know why you’re here. You’re here because Sunset is trying to come up a new song.”

Still, she looked at me as if I was trying to explain physics to an infant. “I seriously have no idea who those people are.”

I think she saw my brain forming a mushroom cloud because at that moment she jumped back. I couldn't blame her when somebody has blown my mind.

“Sorry, what!?”

“GAH! How do you do that!?”

I shook my head, “What?”

“That – How did you form a little mushroom cloud over your head?”

“Smoke and mirrors,” I rolled my eyes. “But in all seriousness, what do you mean that you don’t know who they are?”

“I mean, I don’t know who Fluttershy, Rarity or Sunset are.” She said, “Look, I think you've must have mistaken me for someone else.”

I took in a deep breath, “Very well, in that case, sorry for that, you’re excused.”

As soon as she left the classroom, I made up my mind that I needed to see the girls about this. So I made my way into the cafeteria to the table where they usually sit.

“Hey Mr. D,” Applejack nodded as I approached.

“Ladies, I think we have a problem.”

“Problem?” Sunset said, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s about Twilight,” I told them, taking a seat with them. “You do know that she’s here at the school right?”

“Twilight is here!” Pinkie exclaimed, both in surprise and excitement. “Oh-oh! I really should throw her a ‘Welcome-back-to-Canterlot-High party!”

“Wait, Twilight is here?” Sunset asked, “That’s weird, she would give me a heads up before coming here.”

“Hold your ponies, that’s not why I’m here,” I told them, “I think that Twilight had a good knock to the head beforehand or something.”

“What do you mean?” Rarity asked.

“Give me a sec,” I said as I left my left arm out and spotted a stray thread on my coat. I took hold of the thread with my right and pulled down a mini screen where it played the discussion I had with Twilight.

Aren't you here for some friendship thing with the girls here?” Me on the screen said, “Is it for Fluttershy’s work at the animal shelter? Or maybe you’re here for Rarity who’s struggling to come up with an idea for a fancy dishcloth?

“Hey!” Rarity scolded, but I let the scene play.

Oh! I know why you’re here. You’re here because Sunset is trying to come up a new song.

I seriously have no idea who those people are.” Twilight on the screen said I heard some gasps from some of the girls. The scene played on for a short while before I rolled the screen back up my sleeve.

“What’s up with Twilight?” Rainbow asked, “That’s not like her at all.”

“Do you think,” Flutters suggested, “that she’s got amnesia?”

“And where’s Spike?” Rarity asked, “He’s always by Twilight’s side, yet from what you've shown, I didn't see him at-” We all heard a familiar ring. It was coming from Sunset’s bag. She pulled out the vibrating diary and opened it up.

“It’s Twilight,” Sunset said with wide eyes, “She’s saying that she’s planning to come here tomorrow.”

_*_

“Sorry, you just lost me,” Faust stated.

“What?”

“A diary that acts like a smartphone and what are you trying to imply with what Sunset said?”

“Well, we just realized that the Twilight that I talked with wasn't the Twilight that we knew.”

“So a mistaken identity?”

“Almost like a lost twin in how similar she looked and sounded.”

“But what about this book?”

“A form of communication between Sunset and the Twilight we know.”

“That rings and vibrates?”

“Look, I don’t get it either why neither of them just get a phone or something.”

“So anyway, what happened next?”

_*_

Well, as you can imagine, all of us were dreadfully confused. I mean, if Twilight is where she’s supposed to be, then who was it that I talked to?

So the girls made up their minds that they would find this other Twilight Sparkle. And I told them that I would do some investigating of my own. After that, I went to the teacher’s lounge where I found Celestia there. I went up to her table and asked: “Mind if I sit here.”

“Not at all.” I sat down across from her and I snapped my fingers for a bow of New England clam chowder.

“So Ms. Boss,” I started, “I have a question regarding a student here.”

“Oh?”

“Tell me, do you happen to know anything about a Twilight Sparkle?”

She looked up from her salad, “Twilight?”

“Yes, I noticed that she has enrolled in my class today.”

“Oh,” Celestia nodded, “the newly transferred student. Yes, I remember seeing her around before, but it’s just yesterday that I've got the proper paperwork for her to attend.”

“Are you sure it’s really her?”

She put down her fork, “What do you mean?”

“I mean, is this the same Twilight that we know? When I mentioned the names of her friends, she told me that she’d never heard of them. And to top it all off, Simmer had received a message from Twilight, saying that she’s planning coming here tomorrow. Cel, I think something is going on.”

“Are you implying that we’re dealing with an impostor?”

“Seems like it, and I doubt its changelings.”

“Pardon?”

“Has your sister ever told you the time I brought a shape-shifter as a temporary assistant? I don’t think his kind would be here since they are afraid of us.”

Celestia blinked, “Okay? So what are you purposing to do?”

“Answer me this, you said that she’s a transfer student, right?” she nodded, “Where was she transferred from?”