• Published 24th Mar 2015
  • 1,036 Views, 22 Comments

Letters From the Capital - Apple Bottoms



Princess Twilight Sparkle has been asked to take over a very important correspondence job for Princess Celestia. But it turns out she knows her correspondent already - The Great And Powerful Trixie!

  • ...
3
 22
 1,036

Chapter 1

Dear Celestia,

Thank you so much for the box of Canterlot Tulip bulbs, they’re just the thing I needed to brighten up the window box on my cart! I don’t know if I will be able to wait until spring to see them sprout, but I suppose it will be good practice at being patient. Not a lot of news here, I just arrived in the small border town of Gryphonvale for the night. I will write you again when I reach the next town and have more time to rest. I hope your idea for the fireworks works out, they sound magnificent!

-T

________

To Ms. Lulamoon:

Thank you for your continued correspondence during the exploration of the Griffon-held realms. As she is now very involved with the organization of the upcoming Winter Solstice Festival, Princess Celestia has delegated some of her letter-writing duties to myself. I can assure you that I am an excellent letter-writer and note taker, and am more than up to the task of chronicling your explorations. The princess has fully informed me of your journeys up until this point, and if you should have any need for assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Yours most sincerely,
Princess Twilight Sparkle
As dictated to Spike the dragon, assistant

________

To Her Majesty, Princess Twilight Sparkle;

Thank you most kindly for your response. I will keep in contact with you as I move between towns.

Your humble servant,
Trixie Lulamoon


To Her Majesty, Princess Twilight Sparkle;

Tonight I have made camp just outside of Manticore’s Claw, which is several miles past the last border town.

Your humble servant,
Trixie Lulamoon

________

To Ms. Lulamoon:

Thank you for your continued correspondence.

Yours most sincerely,
Princess Twilight Sparkle
As dictated to Spike the dragon, assistant


To Ms. Lulamoon:

I have not heard from you in several weeks now, is everything alright? I hope you have not come to harm. If I do not hear from you within the next week, I will send out a search party.

Yours most sincerely,
Princess Twilight Sparkle

________

To Her Majesty, Princess Twilight Sparkle;

Please do not concern yourself with my health, all is well. I am simply very busy traveling and do not have time to write.

I have just left the Gemshorn Forest, and am currently resting for the night. Tomorrow I will pass through the town of Flickwing, and will drop this letter off at the post office on my way through.

Your humble servant,
Trixie Lulamoon

________

To Ms. Lulamoon,

Thank you for the update, I am relieved to hear you are well. I must confess that I had to endure several days of great worry over your safety. I could never forgive myself if you were hurt on my watch! What would Celestia think?

I’ve been looking over your letters to Princess Celestia over the past year, and I should inform you that your letter quality and length have both dropped significantly. You often included many anecdotes about your travels, and vivid descriptions of the locales you traveled through; the pressed flowers from the Meadow of Sorrows are still in the book that Celestia made of your letters. Yet your recent letters to me are barely more than a few sentences long. Is there any way you could resume your “old” style of letter writing?

Yours most sincerely,
Princess Twilight Sparkle
As dictated to Spike the dragon, assistant

________

To Princess Twilight Sparkle;

I am so very sorry to hear that you are displeased with the quality of my letters. Perhaps if you wanted to improve the quality of the notes I am taking, you could come out to the barren wastelands surrounding the griffons’ realm yourself. I would be glad to give you directions, Your Majesty.

Ever your humblest of servants,
Trixie Lulamoon


To Princess Twilight Sparkle:

Today I am making my way through the region of Hipperlup. It is very hilly. The grass is green and the sky is blue. Truly it is a spectacular sight to behold.

The humblest of servants,
Trixie Lulamoon


To Princess Twilight Sparkle:

Tonight I made camp on the edge of Hipperlup, on the way to Windsong. As it is currently night time, it is very dark. There are many points of light in the sky. I believe these to be stars.

The absolute humblest servant,
Trixie Lulamoon

________