• Published 12th May 2012
  • 3,209 Views, 307 Comments

The Unlikley Sanctuary - Tie RoamingHooves



Three long time friends turned soilder crash in a helicopter in Equestria. Two of them are bronies.

  • ...
13
 307
 3,209

Meeting the Stalkers and Granny Smith

I guess its a filler chapter. Gaawd!!! WRITERS BLOCK IS A BITCH!!!



As Tyler, Jake, Twilight, and I walked down the dirt path to Sweet Apple Acres, I noticed a certain group of fillies were still following me. I don't think the others have noticed yet but I decided its time to confront the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I turn and look at a small purple maned orange pegasus. Scootaloo had on a mustache and a hat for no apparent reason. Sweetie Belle's disguise was better. She was a completely noticeable bush that followed us the entire time. I haven't spotted Apple Bloom yet.

"Can I help you?" I say indifferently to the two fillies behind me. The others had turned around to face our stalkers as well.

"O-oh I have no idea what you are talking about sir." replied Scootaloo in a gruff voice still holding up the act.

"Look, It was a nice try but I see through your disguise. You can cut the act already. I see you too over there in that bush so come on out now." I tried to sound a bit less annoyed to spare the fillies feelings.

"Oh come on! I worked so hard on this disguise. How did could you tell mister monster?" Sweetie Belle asked from where she was standing.

"Hey, he's not a monster, he's a human." Twilight corrected.

Sweetie Belle walked up and looked at me with confusion on her face. "Twilight, what does human mean?"

"Oh, human doesn't mean anything. Its simply what he is, just like you are a pony."

"Ok, that makes sense. But why is a hu-man here? I've never seen anypony like them before."

I cut into Twilight's back and forth. "Well that is a long story and I don't want to get into it right now but I can tell you later if you want."

"Ok sure!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed while Twilight nudged me and motioned me to lean down closer.

"Tyrin I don't think there ready for that story. They are far too young and they wouldn't understand a thing." she whispered into my ear expressing her concern.

"I know. I was just going to tell them a watered down and cleaned up version just to make them happy." I tell her.

[Point of view switch, third person]
(sorry it might be annoying but I feel its needed for this situation)

Twilight was taken back back by his response. She thought he was just leading on the CMC and was lying to them about the story. When she asked she had expected him to respond by telling her that he simply wouldn't tell them a thing. She had misjudged his character.

"Well that most certainly was not the response I was expecting but I'd be lying if I said I disagreed with you." Twilight said staring at Tyrin with an unreadable expression

"I just thought it was a win-win situation. The CMC get a story and they don't get any info that they aren't ready for."

"What are you two whispering about down there?" Tyler asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing. Nothing." I reply nervously rubbing the back of my head.

"Riiiight." he said disbelievingly.

"Look girls, We've got somewhere we need to be right now." Twilight said to the CMC

"Yeah we've had a nice chat but we need to go."

"Ok then." Scootaloo replied disappointed about this.

"Bye, stay out of trouble." Twilight said relieved to done with conversation.

[Back to first person]

The two crusaders had walked away and we were back on track and heading to Applejack's farm. When we arrived I saw the ruined helicopter was there in all it's glory and Granny Smith arguing with the Royal Guard stationed to guard our things with Applejack trying to calm her down.

"Ah wanna know why ya puttin' this gosh darn contraption on my property!" Granny Smith yelled in the Royal Guard's face.

"I told you already ma'am, these things were to be placed here under the orders of Captain Shining Armor of the Royal Guard! Please ma'am I'm not going to ask you to stop yelling again. STOP YELLING OR I WILL HAVE YOU DETAINED!"

"Don't ya yell at me young man! Oh I oughta paddle yo behind fa bein' so disrespectful!"

"Granny please! Just come inside and we'll jus talk about it" Applejack pleaded to no avail.

I decided I should jump in. "Look ma'am if its a problem I can just have these things moved away." I say with the utmost respect.

"Granny Smith jumped back at the sight of me but quickly moved in and inspected me and the others from top to bottom. "What in tarnation are ya?!"

"Granny, these are them aliens I done told ya about yesterday. Ya bein' mighty rude."

"Ah know! Ah jus wanna here it from them."

"Wha-" Apple jack said before facehoofing.

I decided to introduce us all just to gain the respect of Granny Smith. If I can get her to warm up to us, then I can get everypony to do so. "We are humans ma'am and it's nice to meet you. My name is Tyrin and behind me are Tyler and Jake." I say and they acknowledged Granny by nodding at the mention of their name. Jake was glaring at the Royal Guard. I'll have to ask him about that later.

"Ya names are mighty unusual but ya ain't disrespectful like some ponies are 'round here." she said also glaring daggers at the Royal Guard.

"Why would I be anything but respectful? I've just meet you."

"Ya know what? Ya'll hu-mans is ok. Ya can leave that contraption there until ya'll got a place of ya own."

"Thank you kindly ma'am. Honestly I'm surprised to be hearing that. I was expecting to have to move ALL this stuff again."

"Think nothin' of it. Applejack said ya was mighty respectful and look at me thinkin' ya was some kinda monster after the hide on my back. Ah guess ah was wrong fo judgin' ya befo' ah done laid eyes on ya myself."

"Hey no harm done."

"Hey can I grab an apple. I haven't eaten since we got here." Tyler asked the old mare with his mouth watering at the sight of the apple orchard in the distance.

"Sure thing. Don't be shy, take as many as ya like." As soon as she finished her sentence Tyler bolted for the nearest tree and grabbed the first apple he could and bit down into it. He closed his eyes at the taste and sat down continuing to 'om nom' the apple.

"THIS IS DELICIOUS!" he exclaimed after finishing the apple.

"Apple family apples are the best apples in Equestria if ah do say so myself." Applejack said with pride. I decide it was time for me to try 'The best apples in Equestria' myself. I took one and bit into it. It was hands down the best damn apple I have had in my entire life. It far sweeter, and tangier than the apples on earth. In comparison, the flavor of earth apples were watered down a 'metric shit ton' (standard unit of measurement for anything exceeding 999 shit tons).

"This is the best damn apple I have ever tasted in my life." I say tossing an apple to Jake. Granny smith looked at me and made a face. I don't think she liked the word 'damn' but what the hell, it was definitely needed. "Dude you have to try that apple."

"Fine." he said sounding a bit angry. He bit into the apple and I could tell no matter how much he tried to hide it that he was enjoying that apple. We continued to 'om nom' the apples and by the time we were done we had killed all the apples from two trees.

"Ya musta been mighty hungry eatin' that many apples." Applejack said standing next to the pile of apple cores that we'd accumulated from our feast.

"No. Those apples were just so good. Those were nothing like the apples we have on earth." I tell her while I get up.

"Ya have apples where your from?! What are they like?" she said excitedly.

"Well not to burst your bubble, but the flavor of them seems watered down compared to these."

"That's a shame. Ah don't think I could stand apples like that."

"Tyrin I don't mean to interrupt but I don't like to keep the princess waiting. Can we get on with this?" Twilight said impatiently.

"Sure thing Twilight. Applejack its been nice talking to you. I hope we didn't cause a problem clearing these trees of apples." I say laughing lightly looking up at the trees.

"Don't worry about it sugarcube. Ya get on now. Ah ain't want ya to keep the princess waiting either so hop to it."

"Yes ma'am." I say to her getting a chuckle out of her. I got up and walked over to Twilight and we walk over to the crates.