• Published 12th May 2012
  • 3,210 Views, 307 Comments

The Unlikley Sanctuary - Tie RoamingHooves



Three long time friends turned soilder crash in a helicopter in Equestria. Two of them are bronies.

  • ...
13
 307
 3,210

Action and Introductions

Athours note: I will have a couple of point of veiw changes in this chapter. Just letting you know so no one gets lost. Spelling Errors? Hit me Up in the comments.





"FAT CAT, CONTACT FRONT!" I yell raising my gun. I pulled a road flare out of the box and tossed it to the manticore so I could see my target. Time seemed to slow as I did so. I turned to where I had heard the screams and saw the rainbow maned pegasus that I knew all too well as Rainbow Dash bursting through the treetops. Just then I realized how different the manticore here was from the show as I turned to face it again. Its had the body of a scorpian rather that just the tail of it but it still had the face of a lion that looked as tough as the rest of the outer shell armoring its body. It stood ten to fifteen feet tall, and was definatly a threat.

By this time, time had caught up with me and I fired at the manticore scoring a hit in its eye while the rest of the bullets simply bounce of its armor. Blood shot out of its eye and it roared enraged by the wound.

"I thought you said not to kill any thing." Tyler yelled over the roaring.

"I did, but this is self defense. Besides it will kill us first." I yell back. The manticore charged catching me off gaurd but I managed to to dive away on my chest. I couuldn't ignore the pain after that. "ARGHH!!" I breathlessly scream from the pain of several broken ribs smashing against my lungs.


"Oh I don't know about this Rainbow Dash, its dark out and I don't think we should be out in the forest. Especialy with aleins around." Fluttershy said softly with fear in her voice.

Rainbow Dash facehoofed. "Come on Fluttershy, really? Equestria to Fluttershy, you're an Element of Harmony. Besides, we've stopped Nightmare Moon, Discord, and a changling invasion. What's different about this, well... besides the fact that its aleins?"

"I guess your right... but what if they're friendly? What if they're hurt?!" she said worried looking up at the orange glow of fire in the distance but then stopping when she heard an unexpected sound.

"Is... that... singing?" asked a very surprised cyan pegasus.

"Oh they couldn't be dangerous if they can sing. I mean we can too so they have to be something like us, right?" she asked in whimsy back to an unsure Rainbow Dash.

"I wouldn't exactly call them friendly yet Fluttershy. We know nothing about them and I sure won't let them near anypony before I know they can be trusted!"

The duo trotting thrugh the woods had reached the edge of the clearing and were gobsmacked when the lyrics became clear.

"Are they singing in Equestrian?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed then hushed herself while watching the aliens from behind a bush.

"They're like... hairless bears almost... but... they aren't bears." Fluttershy said watching them sing. It was to dark to make out any more features than that, but their vocies were male but then again she couldn't be sure. 'They seem so happy' she thought to herself then noticing another alien wrapped up in what seemed like bandages and had a stick tied to its arm. "Rainbow Dash! One of them is hurt!" she whispered in urgentcey.

"Well what the hay are we supposed to do? Just walk up to them and say 'hey welcome to my planet or something'?"

"Well we need to do something!" Fluttershy said still staring at the wounded alien. Just then a load roar shattered the silence of the forest and a scream was heard behind them. A Manticore had come out into the clearing and was staring down the aliens.

"FAT CAT, CONTACT FRONT!" one of them yelled startling Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash had flew up out of the treetops.

"I heard Rarity scream, I'm gonna go see what in Equestria that's about. I'll be right back Fluttershy, DON'T GET INVOLVED." Rainbow Dash yelled to the Fluttershy who simply nodded. Fluttershy watched her fly back until a loud series of bangs scared her and made her jump. She looked back over the bush to see what it was and she saw the manticore being hit in its eye with something that must have came from the pointy stick loking thing that one of the aliens was pointing at it. There was blood coming out of its eye witch nearly made Fluttershy faint. The manticore let out a roar in rage of the pain afflicted to it.

"I thought you said not to kill anything!" the other alien yelled to the first one. Fluttershy cringed at that comment.

"I did, but this is self defense. Besides, it will kill us first!" the first one yelled to the second to Fluttershy's relief a little. She didn't like the fact abut them killing anything but at least they are civilized enough to know right from wrong. The manticore charged without warning and caught the first one off guard who dodged it by diving onto its chest. It yelled out in pain. Fluttershy had heard a soft crunch meaning it had broken ribs ausuming it had ribs.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy said into her hoof as she watched helplessly.

"TYRIN GET JAKE OUT OF HERE! YOUR HURT TOO SO DON'T ARGUE!" the other alein yelled selflessly which had surprised the yellow pegasus. But she didn't think the injured alien could get up by itself. She had to do something. She decided she had no choice but to get involved. She quickly mentally apologized to Rainbow Dash before galloping to the aid of the ailing alien.


I lied there wheezing unable to get up because of the pain in my chest. I needed to get Jake away from this mess but I couldn't. I cursed my body for being weak in the time of need then I saw a streak of gold coming my way at high speed. 'It must be a Royal Guard' I thought to my self pulling out my side arm raising it at the figure standing before me and with all the air I could force into my lungs I yell, "FRIEND OR FOE?!". I insantly regreted it becuase I had obviously just mistaken Fluttershy's yellow coat for gold and I just raised a gun... at Fluttershy.

"F-F-FRIEND!" she replied quickly in mortal terror. I lowered my gun and facepalmed at my stupidity for raising a gun at Fluttershy of all ponies. "I'm here to help." she added quickly.

"Great I need to get my friend out of here can you help me up?" I ask the very scared fluttershy over the roars and cracks of gunfire. She noded and did so. I quickly went to retrive Jake and started to drag him into the woods.

"I Could carry him to back to Ponyville and and take him to the hospital... he is a he right?" Fluttershy asked blushing a bright red.

"Yes he is a he and am I and Tyler over there. Speaking of, I need to go help him out. I'm going to trust you with him, can I do that?" I ask loking back at the firefight.

"You can count on me. My name is Fluttershy by the way."

"Nice to meet you Fluttershy, my name is Tyrin. Now if you will exuse me I need to go help my friend." I say activating my com and saying the following: "Ok everyone, Let's do this, ITS LEEEERRRRRRROOOOYYYYYY JJJEENNNNKKKIIIIIINNNNNSSSS!!!!!!!!!!" I yell unable to let this perfect chance to do that slip by while running like an idiot back into the fray.

"Tyrin really?" Tyler asked through the com.

"Yep"

"Ok then. Well hurry up and grab the RPG and let's end this already."

"Roger roger." I say sounding like a droid. The manticore wouldn't have the slightest clue whats about to happen to it. I swipe the RPG and rest the butt of it on my sholder and kneel down. I lind up the sights and I fired. I watched the RPG soar to its target and when it got there I think one thing. KAABOOOM! It had exploded into peices but the front half of its body was largely intact, Messy, but intact nonetheless. Until now I didn't think about it all that much but why would Fluttershy not say anything about us killing the manticore. My thoughts were interupted by a wave of Royal Guards soaring in to the clearing as to be expected from this situation.

"Halt in the name of Celestia!"