• Published 12th May 2012
  • 3,217 Views, 307 Comments

The Unlikley Sanctuary - Tie RoamingHooves



Three long time friends turned soilder crash in a helicopter in Equestria. Two of them are bronies.

  • ...
13
 307
 3,217

Back to School

Ok, a little break from Daring Dash but yeah.



The foals had to return to school despite the repairs being done on the town. The Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were walking up. Apple bloom tried to cheer up Sweetie Belle but decided it best to stay quiet during the walk to school. Sweetie Belle honestly looked angrier than she had ever seen her. She was hiding it well but Apple Bloom could tell knowing the filly as well as she did. The two walked to the school house noticing that everypony was seemingly happy except for them. The duo held their heads low and walked through the schoolyard not saying a word to anypony. They made their way to a tree and sat under it staying silent as they retreated into their own thoughts.

Diamond Tiara noticed the two and decided to pay the two a little visit. "Hey Silver Spoon, look what the cat dragged in." she said using enough volume to make sure she was heard by her victims. Apple bloom looked over to Sweetie Belle whose expression turned to an emotionless one but her eyes retained the rage that she knew the unicorn held inside.

Diamond Tiara noticed the new expression and didn't like it. She wanted to make her feel bad but the poker face that Sweetie Belle just threw up needed to be broken so she could be sure of her victory. She motioned for Silver Spoon to follow and they moved towards the crusaders. "So why did you blank flanks even come back to school anyways? You know that nopony wants you here right?" she asked them. Apple Bloom looked up angrily but her intended target still held fast to the poker face which was starting to annoy her to no end.

"You know you could just make this easier by leaving here now right? You could save yourself the trouble. Wait scratch that, you could save us the trouble of having to look at you worthless blank flanks." she said. Silver Spoon laughed but Diamond Tiara waited until she could be sure she actually did some damage. Observing the faces of the crusaders she noticed Apple Bloom looked hurt indefinitely but Sweetie Belle again was somehow unaffected by her words which agitated the attacking filly.

"Oh it doesn't look like the crusaders have any fight in them. How pathetic." she said in a mocking tone. She then noticed that the crusaders were minus one and smiled at her new found ammunition. "What the matter, you lose your bite without your chicken? I know she is the one who usually says something first so I should have guessed that would be the reason." she said preparing for her leaving with remark. "I never thought it possible, but without Scootaloo you both are more pathetic than yo-"

Within two seconds the stoic unicorn broke the poker face and had tackled Diamond Tiara to the ground then was on top of her proceeding to hoof her in the face mercilessly. Silver Spoon was going to come to her friends aid but she was quickly enveloped in a soft white light and was thrown into the slide before she could figure out what was happening to her. She looked up to herself helpless to stop Sweetie Belle's onslaught. Diamond Tiara could do nothing put scream between punches. Sweetie Belle then stopped for a brief moment and glared into Diamond Tiara's soul. Diamond Tiara looked up fearfully at Sweetie Belle. "DON'T TALK ABOUT SCOOTALOO!!!" she screamed and put all her strength into one last punch and the hoof connected with Diamond Tiara's jaw this time, knocking her out cold.

Sweetie Belle got off of her and then set her sights on Silver Spoon who like Apple Bloom, stared at the unicorn in complete shock. Apple Bloom snapped to her senses and rushed over to Sweetie Belle who was advancing on Silver Spoon. She grabbed Sweetie's tail with her teeth and started to pull her back. Sweetie could try with all her might to get away from the young farm pony, but she knew she was outmatched in the area of strength.

"Sweetie Belle its not their fault! you ain't gotta do this." Apple Bloom told her through the tail she had in her mouth.

Sweetie Belle looked back. "Fine."

"What?"

"I said fine." she said calmly. She then turned her gaze to Silver Spoon who lied on the ground trembling. The grey earthpony looked up as the usually carefree unicorns face grew dark. "Silver Spoon, I'm going to say this. If you or Diamond Tiara talk about Scootaloo again, I'm waring you I will not stop." With that Sweetie Belle walked home. Apple Bloom just watched her leave while she was in mild shock about what just happened.


Rarity was walking back to towards the school house when a medical chariot flew overhead. She then looked at Sweetie whose face bore no emotion. Rarity was beside herself. Her Sweetie Belle would never hurt anypony on purpose would she? She had come home early prompting her to ask why. When she got her answer she was shocked.

"I put Diamond Tiara in her place. Then I told Silver Spoon That next time I wouldn't stop." Sweetie Belle told her with an emotionless face.

"What?!"

"You heard me. She was talking about Scootaloo so I put her in her place. And after that I walked home. Does that answer your question?"

"Sweetie Belle, I hope you aren't telling me what I think you telling me. For your sake."

"I'm not proud of it but... I'm not sorry. I don't regret it at all. Do what you want to me."

Rarity didn't know what to think anymore. Sweetie Belle had told her she had intentionally hurt somepony. She wasn't even ashamed in the slightest. Rarity then began to steel her nerves for the conversation with Cheerlie and Diamond Tiara's father. This was definably going to be a long day.


Commander Long Sword crouched behind a wall as artillery pounded the city of Stalliongrad. The Griffon kingdom had stopped all negotiations and told those at its embassy in Canterlot to burn its documents. That report came in a little too late. A rocket harpoon hit the building next to him and knocked out a unicorn giving him covering fire from a fourth story window. He died when hit the ground. A griffon ran out from cover and lobbed a blast geode his way. The Commander caught it with his magic and threw it back quickly ending the attackers life. He then looked back behind him into the trench that was carved into the street by explosives. His stallions were giving it their all but through the Griffons superior numbers, it was doing them no good. Magic bolts, and arrows flew in the air over the proverbial noponys land that stretched over to thee adjacent trench carved into the street through a similar fashion to their own.

Over the noise of the shouts and explosions he heard a new noise. It was a low rumbling noise that grew louder. He then looked up to see flying machines. Hundreds of flying machines coming in from over the horizon. One hovered over the street and a loud repetitive whooshing sound was heard and the trench adjacent to them exploded in a fit of flashing light and flying rocks. Everypony cheered at the victory.

Another flying machine had landed in a parking lot of a Hay-Mart a block down from them. This one was bigger and wider than the one that just saved their hides. A panel opened up out of the back creatures he immediately recognized from the newspaper as humans started to pile out of the flying vehicle. Reinforcements... finally.


Star Swirl the Bearded had yet another vision of the future. War was coming to Equestria. And the worst part the Griffons were better trained and equipped for war. Equestria could be in for a long gruesome fight. Star Swirl looked down at the tarmack far below his office where helicopters piloted by humans were taking off. If only he could find a way for everyone to get off the mountain. The helicopters couldn't fly through the thin mountain air let alone exit the mountain through tunnels. He had to find some way to aid Equestria.