• Published 12th May 2012
  • 3,217 Views, 307 Comments

The Unlikley Sanctuary - Tie RoamingHooves



Three long time friends turned soilder crash in a helicopter in Equestria. Two of them are bronies.

  • ...
13
 307
 3,217

A Story For Lyra

WOOT! No more writers block! Here's another chapter and I'm going to start another one right now.




Lyra walked at Tyrin's side through the chaos that has filled the once quiet apple farm. She walked with him through the new group of humans running to and from fulfilling their duties, a strange sight to any normal pony, and yet she could care less. She had made a friend today. In her book, today was perfect.

The two had reached a spot with many boxes and crates with the rest of the Elements of Harmony sitting there talking amongst themselves.

Lyra watched Tyrin sit down but she remained standing outside the group because she didn't feel welcome. "Lyra, there's no reason to be a stranger. Come on and have a seat." Tyrin said getting a look from Rainbow Dash that read "Are you crazy?!". Tyrin picked up on this and looked back at the ponies and introduced Lyra. "Everypony, this is Lyra. I meet her some time this morning after I left Rarity's place." he told them.

"We know her." Rainbow Dash deadpanned. She gave Lyra a dirty look and made her feel more unwelcome. "We were going to warn you about her but I guess its a little late for that." she said glaring at Lyra.

"Hey I don't mind, she isn't all that bad once you get to know her." Tyrin said making her feel a little better although Rainbow Dash was still glaring at Lyra.

"Rainbow Dash, you stop that right now. You are being quite rude." Rarity told Rainbow Dash.

"Why should I? She's bucking crazy." she yelled but Tyrin cut her off there.

"That was uncalled for. I know what your talking about; everypony here thinks she's crazy because she believed in humans but news flash Rainbow Dash! I'm fucking real and so are all the other humans around here! So you need to go somewhere with all that because I won't stand for any of it!" he snapped at her in righteous fury leaving her with a gaping mouth. "Lyra may have believed in something you once thought never existed but it doesn't give any of you the right to judge her because of it. That is just low for anyones character. Tell me Rainbow Dash, have you ever stopped to talk to Lyra or did you just feed into what everypony says about her instead of using your own opinion?"

"..."

"Thats what I thought. Let me tell you all about something. I knew about ponies before I arrived here. I watched a show called My Little Pony on the TV. The show was frilly and girly to most people but if they ever took the time to actually look at it they would see the show wasn't half bad. At one point in my life I became obsessed with the show and I started believing in ponies for a short time and I was shunned because of it. I didn't pay them any mind but it still doesn't change the fact that it hurt knowing that my people were so petty, so close minded, and so hateful." Tyrin said with his voice going from anger to sadness. Tyrin walked over to a pile of notebooks and picked one up and opened it. "I was always an artist. My obsession started to leak into my creativity and before I knew it..." Tyrin looked away in shame as he turned the notebook around and show the ponies its content. Ponies. It was a picture of Princess Luna on the moon crying in sorrow looking away from the planet in shame of what she had done."I was going to tell you about the show before I left."

Lyra sat there in shock. She understood what he meant earlier. He was as misunderstood as she was.

"When I realized I was in Equestria, I thought I would finally be able to get away from the kind of hate branded to my planet... But I guess I was wrong." he said getting up and grabbing his things and walking away. Everypony sat there trying to process all the information. Shock would be an understatement.

"Lyra..." Applejack began. "Ah don't know how well ya know him but he needs a friend something mighty right now." Lyra stood up, nodded and went after him.

Lyra was rushing through the crowd of humans looking for any sign of Tyrin. She saw his things at the base of an apple tree and looked op to see him staring at the moon. She looked at him trying to think of what to say but couldn't formulate any words.

"I'm sorry for that Lyra." he said from the tree not once turning to face her.

"Sorry for what? You stood up for me and nopony has ever done that for me. Instead of you apologizing to me, I should be thanking you." she said to him."

"I guess..." he said climbing down from the tree. "I might run down to Ponyville to get a chance to clea-" Before he could finish that sentence he had a set of hooves wrapped around his neck pulling him into a tight embrace. Lyra hugged him for the better half of thirty seconds before she broke the hug. "Thanks Lyra. I needed that."

He then got up and looked back t the farm. Lyra did the same and noticed the Royal Guard had arrived their absence as well as Princess Celestia. "Hey kid, get you ass over here. we've got company." Daniel yelled.

"Heh heh, Lyra you may have to sit this one out. You don't need to leave now but don't expect to stay either." he said to her

"I understand."

The duo walked to over to the what Tyrin had called a tank. Celestia was there as well as Captain Shining Armor and Daniel. "Lyra if you will excuse me." she nodded and walked away. She was trotting over to a tree to sit and wait for Tyrin but was stopped by Applejack.

"Look Lyra, ah want to apologize for Rainbow Dash. She bull-headed and just don't know how to act respectfully."

"No need to apologize, everypony has their problems. I won't hold it against her. I mean I get it all the time."

"Glad ta here that ya can cause I ain't gonna let Rainbow Dash live it down 'till she apologizes herself." she said. Applejack looked to the ground and back at Lyra. "Ah'm gonna be honest, I thought ya was crazy to, but after Tyrin's rant ah had my opinion changed. Can ya forgive me fer that?"

Lyra looked over at Rainbow Dash who was sitting with a sorry expression on her face. "Sure thing Applejack. I believe everypony deserves a second chance. Even Rainbow Dash."