• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 5,738 Views, 72 Comments

A Midnight Stroll - Vargras



A bored Luna makes a brief visit to Ponyville, making friends and learning about herself.

  • ...
12
 72
 5,738

Epilogue - Luna's Friendship Report

To my beloved sister,

I've learned more about myself the past few days than I've ever thought possible. I've learned the joys of laughter, of helping those in need, and of receiving that same help in return. I've seen the lengths a sister will go to show her love, and I've seen how reaching past first appearances can give you surprising results. I've seen the importance of learning to forgive and forget, and to trust in those closest to you.

Most importantly, I've found that sometimes, we can be connected by truly extraordinary circumstances. I've found that, no matter what, there's always a bit of good deep down inside someone - they often just need the help and love of a friend to pull them back from the brink. No pony, no matter how big or small, is ever beyond redemption.

Ever.

With love,
Your sister Luna

Comments ( 27 )

amazing story. i'm not one to enjoy slice of life fanfictions, but your's really did the trick. im glad i decided to sign onto EQDaily Chat when I did. :twilightsmile:

Very much enjoyed this story. The bond she felt between herself and Twilight I felt could have been explained more but other than that I can't really fault this. Hope you do more stories :pinkiehappy:

29905
Have no fear, I plan on doing more.

The trouble with the relationship between Twilight and Luna is that it's a fascinating, yet remarkably deep bond. I still think I did a good job explaining it, but there's so much more that could have been said.

Gives me more material for another fic, at least. Thanks for the comment. :twilightblush:

oooh... shivers... i loved this story!

30748
Based upon Luna Eclipsed, Luna seems a bit more socially awkward than she would like. Might as well try to make some friends to fix that, eh?

30883
Apple Bloom is not pleased. :applecry:

A very fine fic indeed. I thoroughly enjoy the well written Lunafics that have her coming out of her shell and making friends, and this was one of the better ones. Keep up the good writing.

Your story's ability to relay Luna's struggle with herself was really well done. Good job.

65357
And here I thought I overdid that and made her far too sappy.

65552
I'd say almost to the point of too sappy but ok considering where in the timeline this is taking place. It works for me because I can see her accepting her "sappy"-ness after her encounter with Fluttershy.

69664
Keep in mind, this was also the first fic I had ever written. If you were to compare the Luna in this fic with the Luna in Hiatus, I'd say the Luna in Hiatus is better written. Just took me a bit to find something I was comfortable with.

69671
I did not know this was your first fic. I'm impressed. I'd imagine you'll only get better. I agree; I do like Luna's character in Hiatus more. Who doesn't love a good snowball fight! :derpytongue2:

PS. You're the first author I've added to my watch list (finally figured out where the button was, lol). I've got my eye on you now. {dun dun dunnnn}

69690
Appreciate it.

Loved that 4th wall scene. But aside from that, this was simple, but thoroughly enjoyable.
Good job. =3

217279
Not exactly. Just seemed like a color Fluttershy would like.

Man, my writing was so terrible back then.

217294 Bah, and here I was giving myself Hipster Scootaloo points and everything. :pinkiesad2:

Over all, this is a good story. I definitely think Luna would have a few shades of her past following her and that she would have to overcome them at some point. From what you said above, I must say for a first fic, this was a very good effort.

302897
Oh, I'm well aware of it. A lot of the dialogue and such seems cringe-worthy to me, now that I look back on it.

302989 But as I learned since posting then, this was your first fic. In retrospect it's pretty good all things considering. :raritywink:

427701
Huagh, I really don't like thinking about this fic. At the time, I was kinda proud of it, but looking back on it... the writing in it is just so horrible.

What an wonderful picture you got there for the story...


(and no I didint get mine from that one =P )

hmm, this doesn't look that bad, I shall read it

Your blog post reminded me that I hadn't read this yet, now I have. This is the worst of your stories, but even at your worst it's still pretty good, a little fast at parts, but good.

668575
NO STOP READING THIS AGH.

670182

I'm no Bond villain, I was done before I commented. Bwahahahaha!

Wow can't believe I forgot to read the second half of this fic. Welp, just finished it...still good!

Now where's our favorite lorekeeper of the Night Guards... :rainbowkiss:

I loved this fic! Have a upvote!

This... was lovely. And it felt waaay to short. This is sort of a compliment, seeing as I just wanted to read more and more and more. You managed to capture all those characters perfectly and although I like all the princesses, I think I have a weak spot for Luna.
Thank you.

Login or register to comment