• Published 21st Mar 2015
  • 1,619 Views, 118 Comments

The Equestria Diaries - Istaran



Twelve humans enter Equestria to play a "Survival Game". Will anything survive?

  • ...
18
 118
 1,619

Chapter 14: Friendship is Magic

"How cool would it be to have that for a cutie mark?" the young pegasus asked her friends.

"Cool, if you were actually victoryful at somethin'," replied her earth mare companion.

"That's not a word!" the unicorn filly interjected.

"What are you, a dictionary?" the pegasus retorted.

"Girls!" their teacher, an earth mare, called out, trying to restore order as she shooed them along toward the next statue. "Now this is a really interesting statue. What do you notice about it?"

A blue furred unicorn mare stalked toward them, with a determined glint in her eyes.

"It's got an eagle claw!" noted the earth filly.

"And a lion paw!" pointed out the pegasus filly.

"And a snake tail!" commented the unicorn filly.

"This creature is called a draconequus," the teacher explained as the blue unicorn took a seat next to the statue, waiting patiently for her moment to interject. "He has the head of a pony and a body made up of all sorts of things. What do you suppose that represents?"

"Confusion!" the earth filly claimed.

"Evil!" the unicorn filly suggested.

"Chaos!" the pegasus filly disagreed.

The unicorn seemed annoyed and started to reply. "It's not chaos, you mmmf!" Her mouth was snapped shut by the blue unicorn's magic.

"Ahem. No fighting in the statue garden. Trixie shall allow nothing but perfect harmony here. Neither confusion, nor evil, nor chaos, nor any other disharmony. Now run along and go see the other statues harmoniously."

The cutie mark crusaders wanted to object, but their teacher agreed with Trixie and quickly scooted them along to the next exhibit.


Trixie kept on guard around Discord's statue for the rest of the day, before giving it one more look over. No cracks. Good. She retired to her home on wheels, checked to make sure no one was nearby, closed and locked the doors and windows, and carefully extracted her treasure from beneath a floorboard. Setting it on a stool, she carefully flipped the power switch and waited for the device to boot up. Season 2. Episode 3. Play.

Her otherworldly hitchhiker may have passed on, but the gift she left behind continued to give.