• Published 25th Mar 2015
  • 3,045 Views, 13 Comments

A Duo of Fangs - Bro Dash



A Sombra X Fluttershy ship fic. Sombra didn't die, whole explanation behind it, and a love for Fluttershy and her batpony half.

  • ...
7
 13
 3,045

All's Well, Yet?

"So, why is Fluttershy jumping at every piece of fruit you dangle in front of her?", Rainbow Dash asked as said pegasus tried to reach for the delicious Sky fruit before her. Sombra moved out of her way just once, and she leapt after it, nabbing it like a predator pouncing on it's prey. "Seems kind of cruel."

"It is, I know. I'll suffer some repercussion, I'm sure."

"Ok, but why is she acting like that? It's like she's-"

"A vampire fruit bat pony. Or something like that. I know. I got some kind of mixed situation about it, but I don't know much. She doesn't recall being such a creature. Didn't get much information on it. Still, I like those fangs.", he grinned.

"That's kinda creepy. Really weird."

"Is that so?", Sombra asked. "Bet you fifty bits that fangs would drive you just as crazy."

"I don't see the appeal."

"Ever seen a batpony stallion?"

Rainbow Dash brought a hoof to her chin in thought. She'd really not seen a batpony stallion, yet. At least not up close. Fangs?

"Fluttershy. I think it's time to ease off the fruit for now.", Sombra pulled the drained fruit from her. She took a few deep breaths, and her feathers ruffled a bit. "You alright?", he asked. She gave him a glance and rubbed her eyes, focusing on him fully, rather than partially. It was odd. She just couldn't get a clear sight of him. Sombra hummed in thought. "Hold still.", he took her head into his hooves. With a harsh flash of red light, her sight finally focused clearly. "Better?"

Fluttershy blinked. "Y-yes. Thank you. What happened?"

"What happened may have been an impromptu spell cast by an alicorn amateur."

"Hey!", Twilight piped. "You're not talking about me, are you?"

"Well, you didn't really take your time with the spell. It's like looking at a rickety bridge built with rotten wood. Don't mean to upset your constant success at magic, but you should have reviewed your work."

Twilight's mouth fell agape.

"Why you...you...uncivilized...", Rarity began.

"You do recall who you're talking to, correct?", Sombra asked.

Rarity growled. "Twilight, Rainbow Dash, let's leave."

"I just...I can't even...I've never thought to check my work.", Twilight stood from her seat. "I...I'll meet you girls later. I have to pay the princess a visit.", she began on her way out of the hotel.

"Oh, well, alright then. Rainbow Dash?", Rarity called. "Rainbow Dash?"

In the far side of the room, Rainbow Dash were admiring a rather handsome looking batpony stallion, hovering over him with a swoon just beyond er wingtips. "What's with those fangs?", she asked amorously. The stallion smiled.

"Uhm...", Rarity tried. She just couldn't.

"I'll bring her to her employer, have a look at the magical structure keeping her form as is, and then be on my way. If Twilight tries to mess with the spell structure after I have, I want you to prevent her from doing so. Tell her not to, keep her from doing so, distract her from it, I do not care. She may be good at magic, but 'tis not wise to mix magics, and I do not believe she is on a proper level to interweave."

"You tell me to prevent her from doing so, yet what are you doing? The exact same, it seems!", Rarity retorted.

"Nonsense. I've literally braced her spell. When I escort her, I'll remove the spell altogether, rebuild it, make it better if I can. It's not an easy subject of magic, and I'm limited to what I know in ordinary magic."

"Yet you claim to know more than Twilight?", Rarity asked.

"Yes."

"Twilight is the most educated mare I've seen in the school of magic. You claim to know more?"

"I practice dark magic. It's similar to studying all regular magics at a heavily advanced level. May not actually teach you much about ordinary magic, but you still learn a lot along the way."

"Well, one chance, Sombra! Remember!", she snapped.

"I have my chance, I will not discard it. Have a nice day. I need to start thinking on the new spell...", he escorted Fluttershy out of the building.

Rarity looked left, then right, then took her leave.

Fluttershy had both baskets on her back again, and Sombra took them into his magical grasp, setting them on his. He set the sky fruit on his back once more.

"You don't have to carry my groceries. I can make it there myself.", Fluttershy protested softly.

"No. I need a reason to keep at your side. At least until we get to your location of established work. Twilight's spell came unglued with but a small tug of the ethereal ropes. Simply reinforcing it will only give us time before it will become unweaved completely, and thus, you can guess the end results."

"So, you're really going to help me?", Fluttershy asked.

"I know it's not easy to believe, and I am getting rather tired of people not believing me."

"But can you really fix my problem? It seems a bit much."

"Problem?", Sombra looked to the vanilla mare. "Hmph. If I could have my way, I'd not use magic to keep you as you are. I'd remove all spells keeping you in your current form and would simply seduce your vampire fruit bat self. It'd be a simple game of dominance."

"Well, I'd rather you not, but...why won't you?"

"It's the same as not believing me and repeatedly asking me why I'm being nice!", he snapped angrily. He cleared his throat as th mare cowered back down. "I apologize. Listen. I have a quota to reach. I told your friend I would have the problem fixed and a better spell weaved to replace the old one. I make the mistake of simply claiming you as a bat pony, and I'd have a problem with keeping the last chance I have at peace. And love."

"Do you really...like me?", Fluttershy asked.

"Time will explain what I cannot. You are leading, aren't you?", Sombra asked. She hadn't taken any turns or even walked a hair's breadth before him.

"Oh, we're going the wrong way, it's back the other way. Down the street."

"Alright.", Sombra sighed, turning around. Fluttershy took to his opposite side now. Still keeping pace with him. Not ahead, not behind. His horn sparked aglow as magic began to course through it's length.

"M-may I have another of the Sky Fruit? Please?", fluttershy asked.

"Bad idea. I did buy it for you and only you, but it seems I've already teased your instinctual half a bit too much. We'd risk unraveling the entire spell for a single bite. Do you understand?"

"But they...look so delicious...", Fluttershy stared at the single neon green orb sticking out over the rim of the crate on Sombra's back.

A bit of magic fixed that. He lifted the items out of the basket on his opposite side and fit the sky fruit in the bottom, throwing enough on top to hide them, and the remainder into the crate. "Out of sight, out of mind."

Fluttershy hung her head, pouting. Her mood immediately perked when they came to their destination. A rather large house meant for a rich civilian. A large treble clef statue were standing in the front, the tip of a fountain along the center of the walkway to the front door. White walls, shutters, four stories, balconies on each, and white pillars to complete the ensemble. The roof was a brick red.

"Who might you be working for?", Sombra asked, horn aglow.

"Octavia. Just Octavia, she doesn't have a second name."

"I see. Well, if this is our destination, then I should take a moment to tie you down..." A few red ropes of magic tied Fluttershy still where she stood, and then a rush of magic overcame her, stripping her wings of their feathers, ruffling her coat, mane and tail, her fangs even grew to twice as long as they once were. The now instinct driven version of Fluttershy struggled in her bonds, letting out a small shriek of distress. It were bright out! Find a cave! Cover up with her wings! But she couldn't move... "And get the spell done...", Sombra sighed, getting to work.

It took only a few minutes. He manually reshaped her wings, preening the feathers magically, even, trimmed down her long coat, brushed it smooth, then gave it a slick sheen and changed the color. He did her mane and tail next, making sure they were as beautiful as before, fixed her eyes, changing them back to their normal seafoam green with correct irises. the only thing he left untouched were the fangs. He thought on those for a moment, then a wicked grin crept across his muzzle.

Sombra planted the most passionate kiss he could on her lips, digging past those thin lines and to those fangs. Oh, those fangs are what he wanted so much. The animal part of herself weren't sure what to do. In fact, it just swooned and cooed as he showed he was the dominant partner. She couldn't move! He had her pinned! She was at his mercy!

Then he broke the kiss and sealed away her animalistic features.

"W-what happened??", she asked. Sombra released her from her magical bonds.

"Done. Don't let Twilight do anything about what I've done. If she "looks at it", I'm afraid she'll try to "make it better."", he motioned with his hooves in a sarcastic way. "I've suppressed your animal side, reshaped your obvious features..."

Fluttershy smiled, finding it a bit different than she recalled. Like she had tusks. She touched one of her fangs, immediately retracting. Sharp! "But, what about my fangs?!", she asked, distressed.

"Nothing to worry about.", Sombra set down both the crate of fruit and the baskets.

"But you can't leave! What if I scare the animals?!"

"You handle canines, bats, reptiles, all kinds of animals with carnivorous fangs and teeth. I don't think they'll be scared. Plus, I did change them.", he replied seriously. "Can't leave a set of tusks on a poor mare. You'd not be able to close your mouth."

"But...", Fluttershy closed her mouth. Just the tips peaked between her lips. "I..."

"Don't worry. Give it a try at the very least."

"Oh...alright...I guess I could give it a try."

"Wonderful.", Sombra grinned. "Now I'm off.", he sighed, "I have a meeting to attend, and I'd rather not be late..."

"...Is it with...the dark forces?", Fluttershy asked.

Sombra slowed a bit, "You don't ask those kinds of questions...", he said reluctantly.

"Can you please...not make any mistakes?"

Sombra sighed, turning to Fluttershy. He furrowed his brow, but accepted it. She had some merit here, some choice. He has a meeting with a thuroughly angered darkness incarnate...Sombra gave a short sigh. "I won't. I'll be back, don't worry."

Fluttershy still felt worried for Sombra. She still had her job to do as well. She turned to the two baskets and yonder separate crate filled with the most delectable fruit she had ever eaten. She felt a tug to eat it, but wasn't as controlling anymore. With a smile, she picked everything up and Angel crawled up to her mane, resting atop her head. He watched that stallion leave without a word! Aw...He could have at least said, "Bye Angel!", but he didn't even look at him...and he was so nice before!

Fluttershy pushed everything in the door, setting it all inside, and immediately other animals joined her swiftly. Two well bred dogs, a phoenix, and a lamb. That wasn't all of Octavia's personal animals though! There were more!


Sombra sighed as he walked out of the property's threshold, and into a much darker place. The air was stagnant, muddled with moister, musty, cold, the ground was wet.

That's immediately where Sombra went. Diving right into the darkness with no fear and the knowledge of with which to cross said landscape. Before him, a ring of magic flared to life, and a swinging lamp appeared in a flash, illuminating the area further around him. Attached to it were a stick, and the ghost holding it.

"Welcome back, Master Sombra!", the ghost said giddily. "I was beginning to think you weren't going to return. You are...ehm...on bad favour with the Masters...I'm sure you understand..."

"I do. And I'd gladly take back my abilities with brute force.", Sombra began forward. "But we both know I'm smarter than that. Never bite the hand that feeds you. So, I simply keep my mouth shut, accept the punishment, and regain what I lost..."

"Uhm...Sombra, you do know they are not going to give you anything, right?", the ghost asked. Sombra had already stepped into the pitch black darkness the lamp had yet to illuminate.

"Are you coming or not?", he asked slowly.

The ghsot hurried to his side, "Yes sir, I am, King Sombra! Sire! Sir! Master!"

"The Masters have you kiss their feet too much. They must be a lot more bored than I had previously thought."

"Where would you like to go this time? The foyer? Address them in a public area?"

"No. Not this time. I'm simply walking forward until we meet them."

the ghost's breath caught halfway through an excited pant, "Eh...eduh...But...You...know where this leads...don't you?"

"I don't. Which is the precise goal. To go where I have not tread before. Back to square one. Before I found you. When I first stepped into the darkness..."

"But this way is-"

Within a flash, the ghost had been dispelled, and Sombra simply walked on without hesitation. The only landmark in sight far behind him now. Where he had first stepped into the darkness. The dim light of the front door itself...

Moments passed. Minutes. Had to have been twenty minutes or so. He started counting his steps. One hundred. Two hundred. Three...four...seven hundred and fifty. Sombra sat down, taking a break. He stretched his stiff neck, relaxed against the smooth marble he had trodden onto over six hundred steps ago. The marble...hmmm...The Marble Slab. Where the Masters performed their most powerful spells. The core of their nexus of magic, really. Really? Really now?

Sombra laughed. It echoed lowly into the darkness. He could hear the whispers approaching, and he knew the Masters well enough to feel them but a touch away. Of course, he's never seen them, but that is something he does not strive to find out. They could be creatures of the darkness. Or beings of purest light, cloaked in darkness that their light cannot shine through.

"Yes?", sombra smiled.

Blood curdling screeches, tremors of discomfort racked his body, even a slight voltage began to charge up his hooves whenever they touched the marble! But Sombra? He simply stood up, smiling.

"The Masters of Darkness...", he bowed.

"Traitor!", the noises, the tremors, the sudden shock, all ceased by the hiss of the word. Sombra grimaced.

"What?", he asked.

"A traitor!", the voice hissed again. Like old, rotting vocal chords. "You vile retched scum! how dare you set foot in our home, or sanctuary, our very casting grounds.", the voice whisper hissed the last two words.

"And? You have rewarded me once before for treading boldly. I simply tread further than before. To a place you never told me to go, and never wanted me to enter. You never told me not to, either.", Sombra said calmly.

A loud growl ripped through the darkness as another being joined the talk. "A truly bold remark, Sombra!" much deeper and louder than the first. But muffled a slight. Like it bore massive, long teeth. "You have no room to talk, you must be tried for conspiring with your enemy! Our enemy!"

Sombra sighed. "Since when had I joined forces with my enemy? Since when had I conspired? If anything, I simply stopped caring.", Sombra sat down with that 'as a matter of fact' attitude. "A mare caught my eye, I wanted her...So I set my grasp upon her. You tell me why that makes me a traitor."

A growl and a hiss reverberated through the darkness as a third voice joined the party. "Sombra, you are in our home, our private solace. You have forsaken your deeds to spread the darkness. You perished in battle from an explosion, though if not by another equine or sentient being. And to top it off, you now intermingle with your sworn enemy." His voice was stern, serious. Not lacking or overloaded with any particular feature. Sombra hadn't heard that voice before. He'd heard several different characters. He counted more than twelve, seventeen, twenty four, even...

"To whom do I speak?", Sombra asked.

"Grim. The Angel of Judgment.", the voice responded. In a flash of magic, that ghost returned with his lantern, swinging said light back and forth int he distance until he was called over by a hiss. He swooped across the ground swiftly, coming to a gasping halt the moment he illuminated the hooded figure before Sombra.

He were incredibly tall, stood thinly, like her were not an equine, and his face, the only thing that should be seen of his actual body, were but a shimmering veil of shadow.

"I apologize, it was a mistake, my master!", he hurriedly apologized, frozen in place by fear.

"No, not a mistake. I had intended it.", Grim responded.

Sombra sighed. He could neither hear nor feel any other Master of Darkness amongst the shadows. They'd all left. "Confidence isn't going to win me favor here this time, is it?"

"Not one bit. Your payment is due, Sombra. Even if you were given a corrupted soul to replace your own, and that being an objective, you as a vessel must perish. You were given a command, you failed. You agreed to our terms."

"I did...", Sombra replied honestly. With another sigh, eh continued. "But what if I convinced you not to take payment now?"

Grim was silent for a long moment. The ghost had enough time to shake all his shivers of fear away and catch his breath. "Why?", he asked.

"I don't recall if had made a promise on the matter, but I do recall telling a...friend...that I'd be back."

"And how is that supposed to change my mind?", Grim asked.

Sombra searched the deep expanse of darkness inside Grim's hood. "You know I'm helpful. More so when not taken over by a substitute soul by the command of the dark masters. I have acquired you much more than just another pawn. I am experienced, I can get you things you can't even step nearby because the light would burn you. Above all else, I still have control of your nexus." Sombra cleared his throat. "I was given access and figured out how to take control of it. To put it simply, it has become a bargaining chip for me."

"You pitch good game, but what you did not consider is two things. One. I can walk in the light. I can discard my shade. I will not perish. Two. What you did not consider taking control of is the nexus' own twin, the darkness about you."

Sombra looked to his side where the darkness itself sat but a hoof's distance away. Like a curtain of void waiting to swallow him.

"You made the mistake of thinking you ever had power here."

"Indeed, it seems I have.", Sombra admitted, sitting where he stood. "I guess I have no bargaining chip, and though I'd love to continue arguing, it doesn't look like it will get me anywhere."

"Hmph.", Grim began. "I sense disappointment and failure. From such a composed stallion and such a follower of the darkness, I am astonished."

"I wouldn't have felt such disappointment and defeat, had I not told my friend I would be back."

"You mention it as if that will help you. Why were you associating with another when you knew what was coming?"

"Obviously, I got my body and mind back. What would you do if you were freed? I'd find the closest flank and have my fun. I have, after all, done nothing but exist within shadows for a few hundred years. I have no heirs, no descendants of blood brothers, either, my bloodline would end. Lewd thoughts aside."

"Time to pay Sombra. You can give me your soul, or I can take it."

In the silence that followed, the sound of small steps padded across the marble slab, growing ever closer. Not only did it catch Sombra's attention, but it caught Grim's as well. Sombra had never heard something so...light and innocent. Not here in the darkness. Grim had heard everything that exists in the darkness. This wasn't a denizen of the dark.

Angel sprinted out of the darkness and into Sombra's clutch's, rubbing against the nice stallion and even cooing softly.

"Angel, how did you get in here?", Sombra asked. Grim hummed in thought.

"He came with me!", came a very familiar voice from the darkness...

With a sigh, Sombra let his eyes drape closed, and he even rubbed his forehead in agitation.

"Who trespasses within my home?", Grim asked, turning to the mare. As Fluttershy entered the light warily, she gasped when she saw Angel, relieved.

"I'm sorry, but Angel followed after Sombra, and he came here, and I didn't want to lose him. I'm sorry if I were trespassing, it were a mistake!", Fluttershy apologized softly as she pulled the soft rabbit from Sombra's clutches.

"I am amazed you were allowed to step beyond the threshold. Your spirit is too pure. Even that rabbit's own."

"It may be for the fact that she is simply an intertwined mare and vampire fruit bat. Unfortunately, this is who I told I would return to. Please escort her out before we get to business. I'd rather not have any extra complications."

Fluttershy approached Sombra, putting on a low, soft tone as she spoke in his ear.

Sombra felt his heart thud. At least once. Really hard. Left his body in pain of the sudden change in rhythm. That wasn't Fluttershy, for sure, but the moment she pulled away from him, her expression and air about her changed drastically. Pure as freshly fallen snow.

"New proposal. I relinquish all hold on the nexus, continue my studies, you are the only one who teaches me from now on, and to top it off...", he paused, looking at the mare before him. He looked back at Grim, "I will acquire another disciple for the darkness. By tomorrow."

"What?!", Fluttershy gasped.

"Hmmm. You drive a bargain worth thinking over. Whom do you have in mind?", Grim asked.

"If you let me and this mare leave, right now, I will have this new disciple at the threshold before sundown. Take my word on this one, you won't be disappointed. In fact...I believe you might be impressed."

Grim thought silently, then picked up his bony arms, stretching them. They popped and clacked as he loosened his stiff bones, then threw his arms out. In the deep darkness of his hood, two bright yellow lights shone where his eyes should be, adding to the effect of the black magic he were casting. In his hands appeared a contract on parchment, of which was written in blood and to be signed as equally.

"The contract states that you relinquish any ties to the nexus, barring you from use of our magic until we decide differently. If you do, I am the only master of Darkness to teach you. This will be temporary, and as an added benefit, whom you recruit may prolong or shorten the time in which I will teach you. You must deliver us one soul minimum before sunrise tomorrow, and should you fail in this task, you relinquish your soul without hesitation. If you deny this, you will be slaughtered. Sign. If you do not, you will be slaughtered.", Grim repeated.

Sombra chuckled, grinning mischievously a he drew a sharp tipped quill. He stabbed his hoof, then signed half his name, stabbed his other hoof, then signed the remainder of his name. "You have a deal."

"You were the contracter this time. You, Sombra, have a deal."

"Is this a lesson I am to learn as a continuing disciple of the darkness?", Sombra asked.

"Indeed it is. We shall discuss this some other time. Go.", Grim commanded, stuffing the contract in his robes.

"Fluttershy, it is best we get going.", Sombra set one hoof on the mare. He set his other on the rabbit on her head, petting him to keep him still as he cast the spell to toss the three of them out of oblivion's threshold. They all appeared where they had entered. The edge of the property which was Octavia's home.

"Sombra, you promised-"

"I do not recall making any promises to you or anyone else. Save for Rarity. I told her I would revert you to your old self, and that was done. I told you I would be continuing my practices within dark magic."

"But...then...who are you...recruiting?", Fluttershy asked.

"That will never be told to anyone. When speaking to someone communing with the dark forces, or speakign with the dark forces, you never ask those kidns of questions. It will keep you safe."

Fluttershy took a deep breatha dn let out a long sigh. "Ok...But...Please...uhm...", she paused. "Please don't hurt anyone."

"You have my word, my actions will not bring harm to this selected individual. Fluttershy, I ask that you do not follow me again. If you are unsure, ask. You could have easily been turned into a red stain in the darkness."

Fluttershy swallowed.

"I have to talk to Twilight now. We have some things to discuss."

"Will I know who they are?"

"No. End of discussion."

Fluttershy hung her head.

"Fluttershy.", Sombra lifted her gaze to his, "I apologize if I am too harsh. If I am too harsh for you. Say something. It will make all the difference."

Fluttershy nodded.

"I have until sundown, love. The clock is ticking, and I must prepare. Fair the well with your given job.", Sombra trot off.

Fluttershy sat on her haunches and Angel rubbed his tiny nose into her neck, tickling her. He brought a smile to her lips, and that's all he wanted. To see his Mistress smile.