• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 7,301 Views, 12,705 Comments

Ynanhluutr - Imploding Colon



A newly transformed Rainbow Dash continues her flight east.

  • ...
44
 12,705
 7,301

PreviousChapters Next
Don't Mess With The Main Stallion

“The mare had a griffon with her... one wearing black goggles with even blacker lenses,” Cold Stone wheezed, leaning against a railing in the middle of Rust with his legs crossed. “I... I feel as though I've seen him before.” He gulped. “The other day, I was down in the Dust district... gnngh...” He winced, shifting his weight as his groin muscles throbbed in pain. “Like I was saying, I was in the Dust district, trying to find some local distributors of infernal stones... y'know... for our parting gifts to those indebted to the Syndicate.” He swallowed hard. “I could have sworn I saw him enter a saloon.”

Revan stopped pacing just long enough to swivel about and face the unicorn. His glaring eyes were glossy from the starlight hanging over the platform city. “And are you certain you don't just think you remember seeing this griffon before?” He clenched his teeth. “After all... the bastard did kick you in the balls.”

“He wasn't alone, alright?! Gahh!” Cold Stone winced, seethed through his teeth, then continued: “He had... a stallion with him. A pegasus stallion. Long brown mane. Guitar. Stinkin' cowcolt hat!”

Revan exhaled with a shudder.

“Sound familiar...?!”

“They were obviously here on a contract of sorts.” Revan paced again, shuffling past a small hoofful of thugs still loyal to the frazzled leader. They watched as he came about, thinking out loud. “Undoubtedly to claim that scummy midnighter. But... I don't understand. They're both bounty hunters! Punks! What could have gotten them to think they could stage a heist like this to begin with?!”

“Well, they friggin' did it, didn't they?” Cold Stone frowned. Schiiiiiing! His eyes crossed as the tip of a machete came to a stop just beneath his horn.

“Only because you let them get into the vault like the King of all Pussies!” Revan sneered. “You're lucky I don't lop your ears off and cram them someplace musical.”

“Go ahead, ya bum,” Cold Stone spat. “You're dayum lucky I've chosen to stay on! Cuz right now you're poor as balls.”

“Yeah, your balls, maybe,” Revan lowered the blade, leaning in to growl: “You swore an oath to the Northern Hoof, Cold Stone. I thought I was relying on a stallion with thicker skin!”

“It's not my damn fault they made it past the guards to begin with!” Cold Stone stomped his hoof, wincing from the gesture. “Ow. Since when did we hire damn teenagers and street rats anyways?!”

Before Revan could retort, the air filled with a churning motor sound. Every stallion turned to see a dimly-lit boat cruise up. It was a speedster, with several rotating engines. Two stallions moored it up to the platform and one hopped out.

“Boss Revan, sir...”

“Is that the only speedboat you could find?!” Revan exclaimed.

The stallion blinked. “...I'm surprised I even got it. I... uh... I convinced a pony down by the western docks that we still had the money to pay him over the next six months. He's a father of five, and I think I gave him enough of the stinkeye that he felt threatened.”

“Hrmmmf...” Revan nodded, running a hoof through his mane. “Good. You did good.”

“Did I? Boss, I-I don't mean to be rude... b-but just how are we going to make things float now?! The Syndicate's running on empty—”

“So long as everyone assembled here is on my side, then we can still salvage this!” Revan glared around, speaking firmly. “I promise I will go easy on those responsible for the break-in when all is said and done.”

“When all is said and done?!” another stallion exclaimed. “They already made off with our fortune! They'll be halfway to Shoggoth by now!”

Revan turned around. “And... at the very same time, the Mark One will be heading back here to Rust.” He shook his head. “Nopony on board that ship knows what's happened to the Syndicate here yet. I'd say we take advantage of that.”

“In what way?” Cold Stone asked.

Revan trotted slowly down the line. “We take this speed boat and we cast off, heading due south. We stick to the Arrowfish line.”

“What?! But... but if any of the patrol ships catch us—”

We stick to the Arrowfish line,” Revan hollered. “And we send a visual beacon into the air. If we're lucky, we'll catch the Mark One's return right before dawn, when it will still be dark enough for them to detect our signal from a distance. They'll have no choice but to slow their engines to avoid us.” He spun about, eyeing each thug in attendance. “Once they're within close enough range, I reveal myself to them, announce that the Mark Two is carrying an intruder, and order them to take us on an intercept course to Shoggoth at full speed.”

“Even still, there's no way we'll be able to catch up with the Mark Two,” Cold Stone said.

“That's not critical to this situation,” Revan said, holding up a hoof. “What matters is the sluggish red tape of the Muddredger Merchant Council. By the time the bureaucratic wheels of Shoggoth start turning, we will have arrived on the thieves' fetlocks. I will have made contact with the Boss of the Southern Hoof.” He held his limbs out. “And they'll help us track down these morons, gut them alive and restore our fortune so that we can bring it back to Rust.”

“And what of the Siren Princess? Whatshername... Caramel-or-rather.”

“Her fins are as tied with the Southern Hoof as anyone's,” Revan said. “Look, it's all rather simple. For ponies crafty enough to have gotten into my vault, they're real idiots.”

“Pffft... how do you figure?” scoffed one thug.

Revan spun to glare in his face. “Because they're headed straight for an underwater city! It's a mother buckin' dead end! Now who's the dumbass?!”

“Uhhh... maybe you for leading us into thinking you were worth something, ya pissant!” the thug spat.

Other guards muttered in anger.

Revan looked at them, then back at the thug. Nostrils flaring, he turned around and lifted his tail. “Kick me...”

The thug blinked. “...excuse me?”

“You're only ever gonna get this damn request one damn time so get it the hell over with!” Revan hollered. “Now kick me in the damn balls! That's an order!”

The thugs all exchanged glances. Eventually, the one Revan was mooning shrugged, reared one hoof up, and slammed it hard between the boss' legs. WHUMP!

Revan's eyes clenched shut. “Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-tt-tt-tt-tt—” He hissed through clenched teeth. When his eyes reopened, they were bloodshot, pulsating with a violent growl rising out the back of his throat. “Rrrgghhh—” Channeling his pain, he spun around and slammed two hooves viciously across the thug's skull. “—RAAAAAAAAUGH!

WH-WHACK! The guard fell back, denting a metal railing and ragdolling to the platform.

The other guards gasped, trembling.

Revan stumbled once... twice... shook his knees, then stood up... panting and seething. At last, he trotted in a full gait over to Cold Stone—then lifted the gasping unicorn up by the neck. “I... am... snkkkt... more than your Boss!” He spat, veins in his neck popping. “I am as REAL as it GETS!” He tossed Cold Stone over the platform's edge.

“Yaaaaaaa—“ the unicorn fell onto the deck of the speedboat. “OOOF!”

Revan bent over briefly, took a deep breath, then stood up tall and proud. “Now who wants to skin some bit-biting jackasses?!

The rest of the standing guards cheered and shouted. “Yeahhhhh!”

“Boss Revan!”

“Boss Revan!”

“Boss Revan!”

“Then follow me and I shall make you legends among the Syndicate!” He hopped in, followed by the other stallions. The ship's motors primed to life, and the vessel took off before the bruised thug left on board the platform could crawl off and join them.

With a deathly roar, the vessel sped its way south, exiting the gates and making a bee-line for Shoggoth.

PreviousChapters Next